The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Someone brings up the past all the time. Especially the women that male royals have become involved with. You rarely hear about Koo Starke anymore (as these women age you will hear less about them) as the younger ones take their place.

It would be quite interesting what history will say about Sofia when she is middle age. I think most likely people will look back at this and wonder what the fuss was all about as they seemed to have done this with Koo Starke.

Sofia is the forbidden fruit. I would have to wonder where the relationship would go if the King and Queen and the entire family embraced her or encouraged Prince Carl Phillip to bring Sofia to family events, social events or invited her to dine with them on Sunday afternoon. I have the feeling the relationship would go South very quickly and soon the relationship would be over

Old 05-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy
Someone brings up the past all the time. Especially the women that male royals have become involved with. You rarely hear about Koo Starke anymore (as these women age you will hear less about them) as the younger ones take their place.

It would be quite interesting what history will say about Sofia when she is middle age. I think most likely people will look back at this and wonder what the fuss was all about as they seemed to have done this with Koo Starke.
Unless they get married.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
In regards to the comparisons between Sofia and MM, Camilla, Diana, et.al., aside from the inappropriate photos....this IMO is more about chasing fame. None of the royal ladies to my knowledge sought media attention prior to their relationships with the CP's of their countries. Diana's manipulation/use of the media to forward her own agenda came later and after her marriage. Regardless of how they adapted and performed thus far in their roles, none of these women is what many here in the US refer to as "fame-whores". Sofia, on the other hand, has lived her life trying to be famous, known, a celebrity, etc. MM and Camilla now have to face the consequences of the choices they made before their relationships, just like Sofia does. Their choices/actions were not something done to further their ambitions for fame and notoriety. Sofia doesn't seem to regret her actions because they achieved her goal of becoming somewhat famous. Her regrets seem to stem from embarassment and fear that her latest fame game may fall apart because of how inappropriate those actions are/were.

Overall, I don't believe she is actually that worried. Either way she still ends up famous and even if it all does "fall apart" I have no doubt she will be writing a tell-all, guest commentating on television for royal events, etc.

For Carl-Philip to not understand or choose to ignore this indicates a level of selfishness, unprofessionalism, and lack of character that is disappointing.
I agree with this. The main point is not having a past, it is the way one deals with this past. Mette-Marit has become a very dignified women, worth to be trusted and she is a much more interesting person by now. Camilla has become a devoted step-mother to Diana's children. Sofia doesn't strike me like someone who has taken a very different turn. If she marries CP I will maybe warm to her as I did for Camilla but now I don't like what is given to be seen from her.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip and Sofia have moved to their new home, a five bedroom apartment in an exclusive villa on the island of Djurgården. A few days ago Aftonbladet met the couple outside the house and Sofia told how well they thrive.
Hovbloggen
Sofia sure does seem to enjoy being in the press.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Serene Highness

If they break up all I can say is Prince Carl Phillip entire life will be known by the public especially if the breakup is bad or they parted on bad terms. She will tell and reveal every detail of their life together (she has no shame and wouldn't care about the fallout). He'd better keep that in mind because he is the one who would end up being hurt by it.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy
If they break up all I can say is Prince Carl Phillip entire life will be known by the public especially if the breakup is bad or they parted on bad terms. She will tell and reveal every detail of their life together (she has no shame and wouldn't care about the fallout). He'd better keep that in mind because he is the one who would end up being hurt by it.
It would be all fine and good if he was the only one to get hurt by a breakup (or the continuation of this current relationship) but in all royal families, the entire monarchy suffers from these what-ifs. I feel sorry for CP Victoria since she deserves to be Queen one day, and it seems her entire family (excluding Daniel) is allowing that to become less and less of a chance.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

when I read this it gets me sick to the stomach and I recall a recent Dr phil show, why men are attracted to bad girls...
Old 05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
But if it comes to that, staying with her just to prevent this is also not a solution. In the light of the current problems which SRF is facing, Sofia is becoming less of a problem, although she's certainly not adding any good points to them.

I agree with American Dane that the whole family, excluding Victoria & Daniel is working on Carl Gustaf being the last reigning swedish monarch. With this trend it's just a question of how much more and how long can the swedes bear it.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
I agree with American Dane that the whole family, excluding Victoria & Daniel is working on Carl Gustaf being the last reigning swedish monarch. With this trend it's just a question of how much more and how long can the swedes bear it.
What are the King, Queen and Madeleine doing that it is so bad?

Old 05-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphoenyx
What are the King, Queen and Madeleine doing that it is so bad?
The King has been swamped by sex scandals and accusations of ties to mafia-like characters. The Queen hasn't really done anything but her father's involvement in the Nazi regime is recently being closely scrutinized though why it's happening after so many years I don't know. Madeleine has been living in New York since her broken engagement while some feel that she should be doing some work for the family in Sweden.

I do feel sorry for Victoria and hope that she and Daniel plan to have a child soon. There's been too much bad news for the SRF but it's been partly of their own making.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
The King has been swamped by sex scandals and accusations of ties to mafia-like characters
I had no idea about this!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Commoner

If you look at the schedule of events for the royal family, you will find very, very few for either Madeleine or Carl Philip. That's because they are not paid by the government to represent Sweden. Only the king and CP Victoria have "households" from which they are expected to live, provide for their families and represent Sweden both at home and abroad.

Madeleine and CP receive their money from the king's household. Until he decides he is tired of supporting them, they will continue to receive whatever he chooses them to have.

This is the reason Madeleine may very well marry her American boyfriend. He is a millionaire and comes from a wealthy family. She could continue to enjoy the lifestyle to which she has grown accustomed.

As for CP, who knows? Maybe he will actually make his living from racing, if he doesn't kill himself first.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. She strikes me as they type to write a tell-all and hustle it off to the highest bidder if she is given the definitive heave-ho by Prince C-P or the SRF.

One thing for sure, I doubt she will go into quiet seclusion and refuse to talk to the press like Kate Middleton did during her separation from Prince William.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You better believe it. If CP breaks up with her down the road, she will be on the mountain tops shouting every intimate detail of her time with him for publicity. And Carl Philip will have no one to blame but himself. I remember when they first starting seeing each other that Sofia said on Twitter (I don't know if she still has an account), "I'll tell you a secret - I'm dating the prince!" If that doesn't say "name dropper" and caution you to look out, then I dont' know what will.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDial View Post
You better believe it. If CP breaks up with her down the road, she will be on the mountain tops shouting every intimate detail of her time with him for publicity. And Carl Philip will have no one to blame but himself. I remember when they first starting seeing each other that Sofia said on Twitter (I don't know if she still has an account), "I'll tell you a secret - I'm dating the prince!" If that doesn't say "name dropper" and caution you to look out, then I dont' know what will.
You are making such a big assumption about this girl it's laughable. Can't you see the little bit of good in people? You make it out to be a two bit wh**e who's being used by CP for attention.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDial View Post
She posted...what..on Twitter?!

I think I am going to be sick.

Good luck, Sweden.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Gossip and hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. She strikes me as they type to write a tell-all and hustle it off to the highest bidder if she is given the definitive heave-ho by Prince C-P or the SRF.

One thing for sure, I doubt she will go into quiet seclusion and refuse to talk to the press like Kate Middleton did during her separation from Prince William.
CP and Sofia - do or not?! What??? This is a mixture of gossip, bitch, hunting zeal, personal vanity, the joy of seeing a story that rolls in every day with new rides. It's every journalist's wet dream to find something you can bite fangs in. The drive has received blood scent and will, as I said, do not stop until the prey is felled.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
She posted...what..on Twitter?!

I think I am going to be sick.

Good luck, Sweden.
Yep, back in around November 2009 (before the public knew about her thing with CP), she had a Twitter account and wrote, "Want to know a secret? I'm dating the prince!" I don't know if she still has a Twitter (probably not), but when I read that I automatically thought fame-hungry (not to mention all her past activities). Why was there a need for her write that unless she wanted attention?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You are making such a big assumption about this girl it's laughable. Can't you see the little bit of good in people? You make it out to be a two bit wh**e who's being used by CP for attention.
I do try to see the good in people, but I've listed my reasons many a time in the past on this board why I don't care for this woman. I don't like her, plain and simple. But if CP wants to be with her, well, we all make our own choices...
Old 06-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Gentry

O.K you all are going to have to be use to sofia i have a feeling another royal wedding is coming soon. honestly look at all this new bride like Kate,charlene, sofia fix right in, so what about her past we all know all it is going to be be in a past after the news of the marriage also honesty look at the new bride kate no serious job, charlene give her swimming to follow albert around the work whatever !!!, why not sofia i am not a huge support of her past but look at all these new princesss expect mary,maxiam,etc that i have so much respect and hope for but i cannot compare them to this newbie girls( sofia,kate,charlene). eventhough they are a lot of people that are angry this but no one can do anything to change this, we all have to watch each monarch unfold wheather it life through it or not, no need to stress out about it........

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships