The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
And thats my point with the pictures, and being a reality show contestant. Because lets face it, most people go on reality shows to be famous, and they aren't boring because who would watch boring people
True, the power of pictures. They will remain forever, its something that the Royal Family of Spain immediately understood.

Before the engagment to Felipe became public, Letizia had to collect all her wedding photos from her previous marriage, now locked up in a safe, never became public. We all know she is divorced, but to have seen her in a wedding outfit sticking a ring on her then-husbands finger would be a different matter and a media desaster.

Same goes for Sofia, she will always remain the Nude Girl, google her name and the pictures will come up.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

A longer article about Carl Philip and Sofia moving together:
Här är deras nya drömhus | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Old 05-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
she will always remain the Nude Girl
I disagree, people can forget the past.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Not really.

Look at Koo Stark. She has married, divorced and had a child. And she will always be associated with her soft core past and the fact that she dated Prince Andrew. And that happened in the 80's.

The press has a habit of bringing up anything and everything. You only have to look at certain articles about people of interest. They do a brief recap of everything that has ever been done. If you pull out a recent article on Hugh Grant, they are still talking about him trying to pick up the hooker. Papers that are not used to writing about Maxima still reference her father and she has been married for what 10 years? Articles about the Swedish Royal Family outside of Sweden, still reference that Daniel was Victoria's personal trainer.

And The internet is a beast of its own. George Clooney said it best when he picked up his Academy Award...his obituary will say George Clooney, Sexiest Man Alive 19???, Academy Award winner, died today.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Differing opinions I guess.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I wish I could but most of the time I can't. I have a feeling that the public won't soon forget this either. I just don't see how this will ever get smoothed over. I think the King and Queen are definitely hoping this fling wears itself out. It is unfortunate that it seems like women are more scrutinized than the men.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
I wish I could but most of the time I can't. I have a feeling that the public won't soon forget this either. I just don't see how this will ever get smoothed over. I think the King and Queen are definitely hoping this fling wears itself out. It is unfortunate that it seems like women are more scrutinized than the men.
Its is unfortunate and there is definitely a double standard when it comes to dating. But this is a nude picture. And Lord, if they get married, I hope this picture is the only thing out there. Remember how someone tried to capitalize on Sophie Rhys Jones before she married Prince Edward, and produced some private photos. Another example, of doing something in fun and not thinking it would come back to bite you.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The timing couldn't have been worser. I wouldn't want to work at SRF press department right now.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I thought they were already living together?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

My understanding is that they have been living together at least for a year...but now have moved into a more lavish, much larger abode.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Maybe some people can forget the past, but the media definitely not!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
My understanding is that they have been living together at least for a year...but now have moved into a more lavish, much larger abode.
I don't think it was official, otherwise it would be necessary for her to change her adress, which did not happend. This is the first time it was officialy declared that they've moved in together somewhere.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Nobility

Why not?

Quote:
Maybe some people can forget the past, but the media definitely not!

If the media can forget, forgive and later pay tribute to a single mother of a young child who tended to drugs and occur in less flattering context, since she married an heir to the throne, so they can handle it safely to Sofia. Members of TRF celebrates course, also deceased persons with dubious living as if they were saints. At least the comments should be ground into the edge until something is public under the Royal protocol.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Nobility

Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Not really.

Look at Koo Stark. She has married, divorced and had a child. And she will always be associated with her soft core past and the fact that she dated Prince Andrew. And that happened in the 80's.

The press has a habit of bringing up anything and everything. You only have to look at certain articles about people of interest. They do a brief recap of everything that has ever been done. If you pull out a recent article on Hugh Grant, they are still talking about him trying to pick up the hooker. Papers that are not used to writing about Maxima still reference her father and she has been married for what 10 years? Articles about the Swedish Royal Family outside of Sweden, still reference that Daniel was Victoria's personal trainer.

And The internet is a beast of its own. George Clooney said it best when he picked up his Academy Award...his obituary will say George Clooney, Sexiest Man Alive 19???, Academy Award winner, died today.

Isn´t this a Royal forum? why compare with an actor? I would rather say: Look at CP Mette-marit! She have done well! And lady Diana became a saint... People now loves Camilla Parker? I can´t see what is worse - but I can see that people and media forgive and forget.

About Daniel: He´s very poular inside (most inportant) and outside Sweden.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma

Isn´t this a Royal forum? why compare with an actor? I would rather say: Look at CP Mette-marit! She have done well! And lady Diana became a saint... People now loves Camilla Parker? I can´t see what is worse - but I can see that people and media forgive and forget.

About Daniel: He´s very poular inside (most inportant) and outside Sweden.
I don't think Zonk was comparing, but merely pointing out facts about the media always being involved in the past

Sofia is not in the same predicament as Mette Marit, Diana, Camilla or Daniel. She posed nude and that will always be over her head like a halo.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Thank you CrownPrincess5...thats exactly what I meant.

And for the record, when Mette Marit is mentioned outside of Norway her past always comes out as well....and those are just words. God forbid if there was a picture out there. And I agree that she has adapted quite well to her role as Crown Princess...and remember at the time people thought that marriage would bring up the downfall of Norwegian monarchy (including that Aunt was it Raghnild?)

Time will tell if the doomsayers (myself included) are incorrect about the Swedish monarchy. It definitely helps that Victoria is the heir and as produces her family, CP will move further away from the throne.

But it must be serious, as the couple has been together for a while now and they are living together. I can't imagine CP doing all this unless he thought he had a future. But anything is possible.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Carl Philip and Sofia have moved to their new home, a five bedroom apartment in an exclusive villa on the island of Djurgården. A few days ago Aftonbladet met the couple outside the house and Sofia told how well they thrive.
Hovbloggen

I hate the fact that Sofia is promoting her own stuff via CP

The article says that " ... Sofia Hellqvist is working with her charity Project Playground as she built up with Mr Frida Vesterberg. They work to promote vulnerable children's right to play and activity. In addition to Project Playground, Sofia started a company with Hellqvist's own trademark that sells specially designed yogadresses ..."

Does Sofia really think all this will make her the likely choice to become Princess of Sweden
Old 05-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I
Sofia is not in the same predicament as Mette Marit, Diana, Camilla or Daniel. She posed nude and that will always be over her head like a halo.
I doubt after the last scandals of the king having posed nude is such a big problem, especially not in Sweden, where the ladies were notorious for their love of being nude in the 60ties and 70ties....

IMHO if the prince and Sofia decide that they want to stay together forever the Court is going to accept her and to hell with the old pics. When she is an old lady, people will be amused anyway about her wicked past.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Posing nude is a problem but not THE problem

In regards to the comparisons between Sofia and MM, Camilla, Diana, et.al., aside from the inappropriate photos....this IMO is more about chasing fame. None of the royal ladies to my knowledge sought media attention prior to their relationships with the CP's of their countries. Diana's manipulation/use of the media to forward her own agenda came later and after her marriage. Regardless of how they adapted and performed thus far in their roles, none of these women is what many here in the US refer to as "fame-whores". Sofia, on the other hand, has lived her life trying to be famous, known, a celebrity, etc. MM and Camilla now have to face the consequences of the choices they made before their relationships, just like Sofia does. Their choices/actions were not something done to further their ambitions for fame and notoriety. Sofia doesn't seem to regret her actions because they achieved her goal of becoming somewhat famous. Her regrets seem to stem from embarassment and fear that her latest fame game may fall apart because of how inappropriate those actions are/were.

Overall, I don't believe she is actually that worried. Either way she still ends up famous and even if it all does "fall apart" I have no doubt she will be writing a tell-all, guest commentating on television for royal events, etc.

For Carl-Philip to not understand or choose to ignore this indicates a level of selfishness, unprofessionalism, and lack of character that is disappointing.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love your post Rascal! You've made some interesting points.

I do agree it goes beyond posing nude...so much of this is about fame and it's surprising that Carl Philip is going for this. For some reason I feel like they have a "I scratch your back, you scratch my back" sort of relationship. I feel like they're both using each other for different reasons IMO.

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships