Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An American President and Vice-Presidents have secret service protection for life. Not sure about their families. The American Presidents that are still alive are Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush, George Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton. I'm assuming that the secret service are paid by federal taxes since they are a federal agency of the government.

If an act of terrorism had occurred or if someone had been caught trying to comment an act of terrorism in their country or if their country or the world was in grave danger, I would think that the King or Queen would be notified and briefed on the situation. I doubt they would be kept in the dark about it. Some things they might not be told and probably don't want to know about, but certainly not things of this magnitude. This is IMO but of course I have no knowledge of it.

People have been worked up about Prince Carl Phillip and Sofia Hellqvist for over a year.

An American President and Vice-Presidents have secret service protection for life. Not sure about their families. The American Presidents that are still alive are Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush, George Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton. I'm assuming that the secret service are paid by federal taxes since they are a federal agency of the government.

If an act of terrorism had occurred or if someone had been caught trying to comment an act of terrorism in their country or if their country or the world was in grave danger, I would think that the King or Queen would be notified and briefed on the situation. I doubt they would be kept in the dark about it. Some things they might not be told and probably don't want to know about, but certainly not things of this magnitude. This is IMO but of course I have no knowledge of it.

People have been worked up about Prince Carl Phillip and Sofia Hellqvist for over a year.

Actually Bush 43 is the first president to NOT receive life protection but only for 7 or 16 years after their presidency ends. Forgive me I can't remember the exact length. The law was signed in 1997 stating that the current office holder (Clinton) would be the last to receive life protection for himself and his wife -- who as Secretary of State in her own right actually makes the Secret Service and the Diplomatic Protection Service have constant headaches as to who protects her! Children over the age of 16 don't receive protection after their father's presidency.
However, given the rise of terrorism and other threats, the lifetime protection may be reinstated for Bush 43, Obama, and whoever follows after.
Kings and Queens who have an active role in their country's government (i.e. have weekly meeting with their prime ministers) are I'm sure given regular updates by those prime ministers on what you and I would classify as "state secrets". So a monarch would, God forbid, be just as worthy for a torture to get information.

But this is getting off-topic.

I am a new member but I have read some of the forums before I joined. What I can not understand is all bad writings about Sofia? We live in the 2000's and there are far worse things than that. Sofia is sweet and Carl-Philip and Sophia love each other so they will definitely get married. They will be a beautiful couple who are brilliant public relations agents for Sweden. I´m looking forward to their marriage.

Last edited:
Thanks but I did read his biography, so please do not belittle my opinion about his future. [...]

[...]All I'm saying is that Carl Philip needs to settle down, decide where he wants to have a career (since even if he was marrying a princess he would still become less and less important as Victoria's children get older), work towards that, and then marry Sofia. As I said before, I have no grudge towards her as I'm not in the position to have one, and as you are listed as being in Germany perhaps you might not be either.

Hey, I didn't mean that as an insult nor did I want to belittle you. I just meant it as information that you could have found the answer to the question about his career and degrees in his official biographie.

And maybe Carl Philip did just what you wanted him to do when he started his studies in Alnarp. Maybe it took just a while longer and an inheritence for him to know what he really wants to do. Maybe the third career is the right career, whereas the military career was just submitting to what everyone expects of a Prince and the second one is nice but to unsure in his eyes. Because he wasn't sure if he could be creative enough to really make a living of it. So when managing the farm is it for him then let him do his studies and let him finish it. If he again starts something new after he finishes this degree then I'm all for yelling at him to get a move on. But right now I don't feel the need to do so.

Put frankly, the reason for the lifetime protection is because during their Presidency, they were in full knowledge of our state secrets and top secret information. If they were unguarded and kidnapped, they could be tortured and information extracted. Sounds melodramatic, but it is entirely possible that such things happen. They might not work, but they have a treasure trove of information that is valuable to a demented terrorist or foreign head of state that would LOVE to be able to gain information that would be of immense value to foreign intelligence agencies. Royalty (to my knowledge) is not privy to these things and they are not at all included in these operations. They are ornamental representatives.[...]

[...She]'s not official, but what if she does become his wife? Then what? What about his kids? How is he supposed to teach them about morals, hard work, virtue, self respect, and high standards of behavior that is expected if in fact, he marries a woman who embodies none of these things? How is taking off your clothes hard work and how is it something to look up to? No matter how bad things are in society, it's all the more reason for royalties to end up marrying the 'right' woman or man.

If Carl does end up marrying her after up to two years, then Victoria is owed a major apology for Daniel being forced to wait ten years and being subjected to all sorts of nasty innuendo about his motives for marriage to Victoria.

1. That's exactly what I meant with your system over in the US. You have two jobs mixed into one. The ruler and the representater. But I'm absolutely sure that if you would have the same system we have over here (one for ruling and one for representing) then you would also paying for the former representators. Maybe not for the Secret Service Agents (because they wouldn't be neccessary then). But you would be paying for the former (non ruling just representating) president just like it's been done in many other countries. And would that really be okay or so much better than having royalty? I don't think so.

Btw, I see the logic as to why the Secret Service Agents have to be there and have to be paid. But I still don't see the logic why the former presidents have a right to get money for absolutely doing nothing. Do you?

2. You really equal posing in bikinis or underwear with having no moral, virtue and self respect? What has one thing to do with the other? Do you really think all people who are showing a little skin are lacking of those attributes? I absolutely disagree here. One can show skin, posing in bikinis/underwear, dancing in nightclubs or whatever and still have morals, respect and be proud of oneself. And contrary to your believe modeling is a very, very hard job. It's not just coming to a set, smiling into the camera for a few minutes and then call it a day. It's way more than that.

3. Victoria is a whole different story than Carl Philip. He isn't the heir. He's just an extra, a substitute, a shadow in the background. Of him isn't expected so much than of her. He is, in a way, just the sidekick of the big star in the big swedish Hollywood/Royalworld-blockbuster. The big hero (in this case Victoria) has to be perfect and needs the perfect partner to finish her mission whereas the sidekick who has just a little supporting role doesn't need exactly the same amount of perfection in his partner. Because he contrary to the hero isn't the one one the big mission but just the one waiting for the phone call to take over when the hero really fails. And maybe (hopefully) he waits in vain because the call never comes. So no need for the perfect partner. And looking at things like that, there's absolutely no need for an apology.

Hey, I didn't mean that as an insult nor did I want to belittle you. I just meant it as information that you could have found the answer to the question about his career and degrees in his official biographie.

And maybe Carl Philip did just what you wanted him to do when he started his studies in Alnarp. Maybe it took just a while longer and an inheritence for him to know what he really wants to do. Maybe the third career is the right career, whereas the military career was just submitting to what everyone expects of a Prince and the second one is nice but to unsure in his eyes. Because he wasn't sure if he could be creative enough to really make a living of it. So when managing the farm is it for him then let him do his studies and let him finish it. If he again starts something new after he finishes this degree then I'm all for yelling at him to get a move on. But right now I don't feel the need to do so.

:previous: Then we're of the same mindset. No worries. :flowers:

Btw, I see the logic as to why the Secret Service Agents have to be there and have to be paid. But I still don't see the logic why the former presidents have a right to get money for absolutely doing nothing. Do you?

No there's absolutely no reason for us to pay our former presidents and give them other privileges that we do, especially in the economic situation that the US is in. It would be a nice gesture if former presidents' salaries were given to the people of the United States through bailouts but that will never happen!

But back to the topic: I think what irks me (not so much bothers) is that Daniel never had the backing of the Regent couple nor the press nor the court during his 9-year courtship to Victoria but all of a sudden the press answers any question regarding Sofia so as not to insult her or Madeleine, or Emma, etc. That could perhaps be blamed on the ineptitude shown by Nina Eldh and now Bertil Ternert, both of whom weren't around during the early years of Victoria & Daniel...

Voyce said:
What I can not understand is all bad writings about Sofia? We live in the 2000's and there are far worse things that.

People aren't bashing her. It's just that a lot of posters feel like she's not suitable to be a part of the monarchy. The only 'bad writings' I could think about is when a poster writes about Sofia's past. We can't help it if her past exhibits bad behavior. That's Sofia's problem, not ours.

We can't help it if her past exhibits bad behavior. That's Sofia's problem, not ours.

Exactly; she should know better and she should be making her own way in the world rather than using her body. If she didn't know better, she wouldn't be working at rehabilitating her image as much as she is now. At what point do people draw the line? At what point does someone be held accountable for their actions? What on earth makes this woman so suitable? A lot of commoner men wouldn't take her seriously and yet a man of higher social status, a prince, might be seriously considering her as marriage material and she might become a princess?

There must as well be advantages with Sofia !

" She should have known better " - could be said of many people born and grow up in royal settings - and it could have said on me, and I could say it to my children.

If Sofia gets the right support so she can become a successful woman, regardless of the existence of images considered to show too much skin. Prince Carl-Philip has not been lacked of opportunities to meet many women, so I think it might be appropriate to change course in debate and realize that there must be advantages with Sofia as well and that she is not only an adventuress.

Why not someone who already has it together, that doesn't have to be worked on? Why not someone who doesn't have that sort of baggage and doesn't at all have such tawdry pictures out there? Is it horrible being married to someone who doesn't have this sort of stuff out there?

Is it horrible being married to someone who doesn't have this sort of stuff out there?

Yes it is realy horrible, if he is not in love :wub: with that hypothetical woman!

(And so I repeat stubbornly :bang: : We don´t know Yet if they are going to become engaged and later on married).

Why not someone who already has it together, that doesn't have to be worked on? Why not someone who doesn't have that sort of baggage and doesn't at all have such tawdry pictures out there? Is it horrible being married to someone who doesn't have this sort of stuff out there?

Why? Because CP is not in love with this fictional woman you have created, he is in love with Sofia.

Carl Philip met Sofia for the first time in the summer 2008 in Båstad. Carl Philip was there with a number of good friends. One afternoon he was at a cafe when Sofia Hellqvist suddenly appeared. She and Carl Philip were introduced to each other. Carl Philip continued with Emma to a holiday at St. Maxime.
Sofia became interessed in charity work. Carl Philip and Emma separated at February 2009. According to Expressen, after Carl Philip and Emma broke up, Carl Philip phoned to Sofia. First they contacted just by telephone, but soon they started seeing eachother, by going to the movies in the dark so that they couldn´t be seen and meeting eachother at the clubs, who are owned by trusted friends of Carl Philip.
Prins Carl Philips hemliga möten med Sofia Hellqvist - Extra - Expressen

A video of Sofia at Make Up Store´s 15th anniversary, receiving the cheque.
Sofia Hellquist på Make Up Stores 15-års jubileum on Vimeo

Prince Carl-Filip shall merry the girl he loves. I like Sofia. She is a modern women. We live in 2011 and it is not a fairytale!

Modern? She reminds me of a bad copy of Lola Montez (no offence to Miss Montez).

She is a modern women. We live in 2011 and it is not a fairytale!

So a woman in 2011 is supposed to be "modern" when posing nude in order to get public attention? I have a different idea of modern, liberated women in in the 21st century.

I don´t know miss Montez or who she is. But I´ve met Sofia, and she is warm, intelligent, clever and good looking. Congratulations to Sweden and Carl-Filip!

So a woman in 2011 is supposed to be "modern" when posing nude in order to get public attention?

A little skin is nothing. Worse with them using drugs.
She is trained with media and that´s good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly; she should know better and she should be making her own way in the world rather than using her body. If she didn't know better, she wouldn't be working at rehabilitating her image as much as she is now. At what point do people draw the line? At what point does someone be held accountable for their actions? What on earth makes this woman so suitable? A lot of commoner men wouldn't take her seriously and yet a man of higher social status, a prince, might be seriously considering her as marriage material and she might become a princess?

Honestly, everyone talks about her not being suitable, not being princess material or marriage material since the day the press got wind of their "whatever it is they have". Has anyone ever thought about the fact that Carl Philip doesn't think about marriage material or princess material first whenever he meets a nice girl? I mean, look at Emma. She was perfect in every way but is she his wife and a princess right now? No. So it's useless for him to think about things like this. He likes Sofia, she likes him, both are behaving nicely, there are no scandals involving them since they're socializing (that's what his father and little sister were there for). So why all this fuss. Does he really have to think of marriage material and princess material when he meets someone for whom he might feel more then just friendship for? I think not, because this is simply idiotic.

Why? Because at this very moment he loves this particular woman. And I'm sure he hasn't thought about making her his wife when he started flirting with her. And why should he? There's no need to think about siutability and being perfect material in everything. Even if so, this royal family knows more than any other royal family right now that perfect material in everything doesn't last forever (like Emma) or is just a nice but false covering (like Jonas).

And no, its not horrible to be married to a perfect stepford wife if he really loves her. But it's definitely horrible to be married to someone like that if he doesn't love her and does it just because he feels the need to satisfy his subjects. Just look at the never ending soap drama between Charles, Camilla and Diana. If he would have been allowed to marry the woman he really loves there wouldn't have been so many tears and dramas and a tragical accident in the end. But if you really think the UK-system of handling these things is better I really can't help you (and before there's yelling and fumming against me again let me add that I don't mean this last sentence as a personal insult to you but as matter-of-factly stating facts).

Last edited:
Yes it is realy horrible, if he is not in love :wub: with that hypothetical woman!

(And so I repeat stubbornly :bang: : We don´t know Yet if they are going to become engaged and later on married).

Why? Because CP is not in love with this fictional woman you have created, he is in love with Sofia.

Some of the "supporters" of Sofia have stubbornly and repeatedly (like Karisma in the first quote) said we shouldn't even be having discussion about her because we don't even know that they will become engaged or get married. Furthermore, they have said (in error, IMO) that they are just "hanging out" and not even "officially" in a relationship.

Yet in the same breath will imply or state right out (like Karisma and Lumutqueen both do above and KitKat2006 in the previous post) that CP is in love with Sofia, using that as a justification as to why CP isn't/couldn't be involved with a woman without the baggage that comes along with Sofia....stubbornly and repeatedly avoiding two simple facts - CP has made an irresponsible choice, regardless of his love feelings or the acceptance (which does not equal approval) of his family; and Sofia has made irresponsible choices in her life and regardless of her current or future actions, those irresponsible choices will follow her forever.

BTW...the "supporters" of Sofia frequently ask how her critics even know that there will be a marriage. For Karisma, and specifically Lumutqueen, how do you know they are in love? There hasn't been an "Official Statement by the Royal Court of Sweden" issued by the head of the information office saying that "HRH Prince Carl Philip is in love with Miss Sofia Hellqvist". So how can you make those statements?

The stubbornly repeated (ad nauseam) argument that critics should wait to give their opinion until an official statement released is not only contrary to the purposes of a DISCUSSION forum, it is also, ironically rather short-sighted. Whether we admit it or not (and many people here claim they don't know these people in one breath and then the next gush over how fantastic/sweet/handsome/whatever they are), we all have our favorites and - like citizens of a country with a monarchy - to a certain extent, we claim them as our own - family, parent, sibling, or friend. People do the same with characters on television programs and the actors who portray them. There is nothing wrong or unhealthy with that. As such, if we had a family member or friend who was standing in the path of a speeding bus, we wouldn't (if we were responsible and cared about them) wait for some official proclamation that a bus was about to obliterate their ass...we would tell them to MOVE! If we had a family member or friend who was using drugs or alcohol irresponsibly, we would likewise tell them they were doing harm to themselves and ultimately to their family. And if we had a friend or family member in a relationship that was unhealthy, we would tell them.

Otherwise we just continue along in the downward spiral that has society degenerating into a lazy group that has zero standards of dignity. Having morals (doesn't mean you are a prude), standards (doesn't mean you are stuck-up), a direction in life (doesn't mean you are a stick in the mud), and some level of self-respect DOES make a person's life admirable and valuable. But having those things is much more difficult in practice.

Sofia chose an easy path to easy money and easy fame (basically she chose to be "easy") when she made her choices. CP has chosen easy by being with a person who did not make responsible choices. Now she is trying to change that (still with questionable motives) and that's great. But because they both want an "easy" life, they don't recognize the potential damage to themselves and others their choices are making now (or we wouldn't have this thread in the first place) and are likely to in the future.

Last edited:
:previous: Wow! I can only shake my head at this.

1. We never said we can't discuss about Sofia as a person. We just said it's useless to discuss Sofia as a potential wife of Carl Philip and thus potantial Princess of Sweden. Because as long as there isn't an engagement there is no need to cross bridges that aren't built yet.

2. We never ignored the fact that they're a couple. We are just able to see the difference between being publicly involved with each other and being officially noticed as a couple from the court. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but there was never a statement from the court about "HRH Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend" but only about "HRH Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist". So, public yes, official no. What's so hard to understand about that?

3. I'm definitely not a "supporter" of Sofia. I'm a supporter of her and will be as long as Carl Philip seems happy with her. And when I look at recent pictures he definitely is happy with her. So Sofia can be in the picture as long as she wants and keep doing what she did with her life just like she did since she became public with Carl Philip. In my eyes she does a fine job so far.

4. It's not stubborn what Karisma, Lumutqueen and I are. It's having and supporting a certain point of view. It just seems stubborn to you because we don't support the TRF mainstream point of view but dare having our own head and won't back down even if we get warnings from the mods for that or getting our posts deleted.

Last edited:
There is no big fire that hasn't started with a little spark. Has the infatuation turned to love? I guess it has. So, now it might be too late... he won't listen to reason anymore. The make over has started and maybe it might be an internal one as well.

If we were only talking about "a little skin" :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Absolutely
lol1.gif

People aren't bashing her. It's just that a lot of posters feel like she's not suitable to be a part of the monarchy. The only 'bad writings' I could think about is when a poster writes about Sofia's past. We can't help it if her past exhibits bad behavior. That's Sofia's problem, not ours.
i totally agree!!! thank you^^

i dont hate Sofia, she is actually pretty and has a nice name. but her behavior and past sins are not forgetable ones, i know people deserve second chances, but in her case where she will be eventually a princess, the media will hunt her for the rest of her life! i dont mind forgeting the things she did, althought i still thing is not suitable of her to become a princess, but there will be always people who will not forget. i doubt she will have a very peaceful life as part of the monarchy!

Here is persons writing as if We live in year 1901! Princes and princesses are'nt perfect! I've seen royals in pornclubs, in nude, drunk, using drugs etc. If they still Can be royals I'm sure Sofia can. Mette-Marit was a druguser and with suport from Hakon and other people She have done fine. Ok- She have problems with flying, but Norway have accepted that. Sofia will Do a fine job-I'm sure. I Can't see they are engaged yet and Can of course not know-all. (Some here seems to hate her so much so they are filled up). Hope she and Carl-Filip soon will be oficially engaged to be married. Sweden need a modern, beautiful and intelligent princess for Carl-Filip. I'm sorry if old-fashioned People don't understand that.

Sweden need a modern, beautiful and intelligent princess for Carl-Filip. I'm sorry if old-fashioned People don't understand that.

Carl Philip could easily find a modern, beautiful and intelligent woman to be her princess. A woman, who hasn´t shown everything to the whole world in very questionable photos. A dignified, discreet and respectable woman. As for Sofia, I don´t think she has qualifies for that.

Sofia´s heart-necklace at the interview of SvenskDam is from VJ since 1890, from the Cecilia-collection.
http://blogg.vjsince1890.com/?p=679

The silver version costs 1699 SEK = 191 euros
http://shop.vjsince1890.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=95
Sofia´s necklace is golden and must be ordered separately, it is not on sale at the VJ since 1890 shop...
And at the 10th August there was only one woman in Sweden having the golden version - Sofia
She has also the silver version.
Tells the VJ since 1890 blog
http://blogg.vjsince1890.com/?p=463

Sofia also has the ring and bracelet from Cecilia-collection.
http://blogg.vjsince1890.com/?p=503#comment-23

Last edited:
LadyFinn said:
Carl Philip could easily find a modern, beautiful and intelligent woman to be her princess. A woman, who hasn´t shown everything to the whole world in very questionable photos. A dignified, discreet and respectable woman. As for Sofia, I don´t think she has qualifies for that.

Sofia´s heart-necklace at the interview of SvenskDam is from VJ since 1890, from the Cecilia-collection.
http://blogg.vjsince1890.com/?p=679

The silver version costs 1699 SEK = 191 euros
http://shop.vjsince1890.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=95
Sofia´s necklace is golden and must be ordered separately, it is not on sale at the VJ since 1890 shop...
And at the 10th August there was only one woman in Sweden having the golden version - Sofia
She has also the silver version.
Tells the VJ since 1890 blog
http://blogg.vjsince1890.com/?p=463

Sofia also has the ring and bracelet from Cecilia-collection.
http://blogg.vjsince1890.com/?p=503#comment-23

I've accepted that We look at Sofia with different eyes. But I think the Swedish People like her. That's important.

, they have said (in error, IMO) that they are just "hanging out" and not even "officially" in a relationship.

I'm loathed to use a comparison - but William and Catherine were never confirmed to be in a relationship, they are now married

Yet in the same breath will imply or state right out (like Karisma and Lumutqueen both do above and KitKat2006 in the previous post) that CP is in love with Sofia, using that as a justification as to why CP isn't/couldn't be involved with a woman without the baggage that comes along with Sofia....stubbornly and repeatedly avoiding two simple facts - CP has made an irresponsible choice, regardless of his love feelings or the acceptance (which does not equal approval) of his family; and Sofia has made irresponsible choices in her life and regardless of her current or future actions, those irresponsible choices will follow her forever.

Well as far as I know CP isn't a man to be in love with two woman at the same time? Or he is that kind of man? I said

I never said anything about the fact that he could not be involved with a woman without baggage - unless you completely misinterpreted my post which is not my fault. I am not 'avoiding' anything, and it makes me laugh that you think I do. Those are your opinions, that they have made irresponsible choices, not mine, nor ones I will EVER share.

BTW...the "supporters" of Sofia frequently ask how her critics even know that there will be a marriage. For Karisma, and specifically Lumutqueen, how do you know they are in love? There hasn't been an "Official Statement by the Royal Court of Sweden" issued by the head of the information office saying that "HRH Prince Carl Philip is in love with Miss Sofia Hellqvist". So how can you make those statements?

BTW, so if i'm now classed as a supporter, should I class you as a hater? I didn't know we did that around here. Nice of you to start though.

Why should there be an official statement from the court, this is a private relationship and if they weren't in a relationship, there probably would have been an announcement to say so, so as to allow this fuss to disappear. They've been in what appears to be a relationship for a while, so I'll hazard probably a correct guess that they're in love. Was there ever a statement about Emma, Jonas or Daniel? Were they ever 'officially' in love? What nonsense.

The stubbornly repeated (ad nauseam) argument that critics should wait to give their opinion until an official statement released is not only contrary to the purposes of a DISCUSSION forum, it is also, ironically rather short-sighted.

Ummm could you please point out this so called nauseating posts? I advise not to read them if they're making you ill.

And if we had a friend or family member in a relationship that was unhealthy, we would tell them.

And I am sure that as family, Silvia, CG, Victoria, Daniel and Madeleine as well as close friends and extended family would have done this had they felt it necessary. Maybe we should ask for an official statement?

Sofia chose an easy path to easy money and easy fame (basically she chose to be "easy") when she made her choices. CP has chosen easy by being with a person who did not make responsible choices. Now she is trying to change that (still with questionable motives) and that's great. But because they both want an "easy" life, they don't recognize the potential damage to themselves and others their choices are making now (or we wouldn't have this thread in the first place) and are likely to in the future.

Hang on - this thread is about press reports to do with CP and Sofia? No where in the title does it include any potential damage they are doing, any easy lifestyle they are leading?

Your opinion of course, and when the time comes and CP possibly asks Sofia to marry him, and Sweden cries out in disappointment, then there is a choice for Carl-Philip to make. His choice and his alone. Anyone outside of Sweden, doesn't really matter when it comes to this relationship, we just comment on it.

Here is persons writing as if We live in year 1901! Princes and princesses are'nt perfect! I've seen royals in pornclubs, in nude, drunk, using drugs etc. If they still Can be royals I'm sure Sofia can. Mette-Marit was a druguser and with suport from Hakon and other people She have done fine. Ok- She have problems with flying, but Norway have accepted that. Sofia will Do a fine job-I'm sure. I Can't see they are engaged yet and Can of course not know-all. (Some here seems to hate her so much so they are filled up). Hope she and Carl-Filip soon will be oficially engaged to be married. Sweden need a modern, beautiful and intelligent princess for Carl-Filip. I'm sorry if old-fashioned People don't understand that.

As Rascal has just labelled me, I might start to use it. I am a Sofia 'supporter', and even I can see that posing naked with a snake and kissing a lesbian porn star is a bit wrong. And I am anything but old fashioned. I believe you're using that term in the complete wrong context. But come one, there's 'not perfect' then there's Sofia - even i'm going to admit that. I'd love it if CP were to marry Sofia, but I think in the long run it'd be bad for the monarchy as an entirety.

Comparing Sofia to Mette - Marit and her phobia of flying, is a long shot. Really? The drug thing was pretty much just rumours, more substantial is the fact that she was a single mother to Marius. You are right Norway has accepted MM, after 10 years.

Sweden needs a lot of things, but a 'young' (btw, she's 4 years off 30) 'beautiful', (she's pretty i'll give you that) and 'intelligent' (I don't know if she is) future princess, probably isn't one of them right now. Sofia if she were to become a Princess, needs more than her looks to get her through. Because boy will they fade. Oh and a quick pointer, Carl - Philip is spelt with a P not an F.

Last edited:
Hey I haven't been here in awhile, but I'm also part of the group that supports CP and Sofia's relationship. My stance is, he and his family seem to like her and if they do then clearly there is more there than meets the eye. PLUS there is no indication that they are going to get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom