The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1181  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Esmerelda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing
Sophia did all of the things she did to feed her need for attention. I think what bothers most people wo don't agree with this relationship is that she is still the same person and will remain the same person even if she were to became a Princess.....And a Princess willing to do ANYTHING to get attention on herself is not a good thing
To be fair, she hasn't been drawing attention to herself lately. I'm not disposed to approve of her (nude photos, announcing her date through twitter) but if they marry and she proves she can do a good job as a Royal like Mette-Marit, I would change my mind.
__________________

__________________
  #1182  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:38 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Wow.
I'm trying to get over the shock from reading this paragraph.
Then I did a got job with this paragraph. I hope more people are shocked right now and maybe start thinking a bit more about commensurabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I would have to agree with you CrownPrincess5. CP is not just "joe schmo" off the street. To be quite honest, the only child of the King & Queen that I have any real respect for right now is CP Victoria. She and Daniel are doing a fine job together, unlike her brother & sister who are causing quite the controversy with their choices lately.
Time changes everything. Go 5 years back and you have Madeleine and Carl Philip with perfect partners and Victoria with a non-suitable one. And how did all turn out with Daniel (the horror scenario hypotetical husband) and Jonas (the perfect future prince)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
That doesn't change the fact you cannot say for sure they will have kids. So no, you don't know if they will or won't. (I shortened your post, as it would be a bit long and what I am referring to is exactly the part below)


I know it's an old photo, I was not talking about her present or her past. I was simply referring to your post below stating:

Hence my response where I evidenced Sofia showed a bit more than what you mentioned.
1st: You may be right. But at the same time no-one can say that they remain childless also. So why always bringing it up?

2nd: Sofia wasn't showing anything more than every other royal in a papparazzi bikini picture. The only difference is that she had a snake hiding her upper parts and others have little triangle pieces. So what's the point? The snake? At a time in her live where a royal boyfriend was completely out of the picture? You all can yell bloody murder at me but I think those snake picture where nicely and professionally done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
I think what bothers most people wo don't agree with this relationship is that she is still the same person and will remain the same person even if she were to became a Princess ...
And you know this because you know her and talk to her every day? Is that why you can say she hasn't changed one bit when at the same time she's doing charity, holding back on bikini / animal shots and didn't take part in some emberassing realitiy show? And also do you really think peoples personalities are made in stone and absolutely not changeable the older and more experienced in life they get?

Personally I can say for sure that I'm not the same person that I was in my teenage years or my early twenties. I've changed, all the people I know have changed over the years. And I'm glad we all have the chance to change and see things differently later in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
To be fair, she hasn't been drawing attention to herself lately. I'm not disposed to approve of her (nude photos, announcing her date through twitter) but if they marry and she proves she can do a good job as a Royal like Mette-Marit, I would change my mind.
Your first sentence is exactly what I mean. She did all the "bad" things when CP wasn't in the picture. These days she isn't doing anything that can be used against her. So why not giving her the same chance that Mette Marit got? If she doesn't use this chance and is making another photoshot like the one with the snake or appears in swedish "big brother" tomorrow I'm completely on the "No Sofia" side. In that case she is not the right girlfriend for a prince. But until now she didn't do anything to not have the right to be the girlfriend of a prince. Quite the contrary, to be honest. She is doing princess-like things with her charity project. On Purpose or not. What's important is that she's not emberassing CP and the SRF since she's involved with CP.
__________________

__________________
  #1183  
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Monna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: -, Czech Republic
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
2nd: Sofia wasn't showing anything more than every other royal in a papparazzi bikini picture. The only difference is that she had a snake hiding her upper parts and others have little triangle pieces. So what's the point? The snake? At a time in her live where a royal boyfriend was completely out of the picture? You all can yell bloody murder at me but I think those snake picture where nicely and professionally done.
KitKat, you`re wrong. Sofia showed much more, in fact she showed everything from the waist up! And most of her photos were not "nicely" done at all. But I was much more shocked when I read that she had boasted about a meeting with a porn star. What kind of woman meets porn stars and is happy about that?

I don`t care much about this relationship. If CP wants to marry Sofia some time in the future, he can do that IMO - BUT he should give up his rights and royal duties. Just like Martha Louise did. Then Sofia would not become a princess. The only problem is that Victoria doesn`t have an heir yet.
__________________
  #1184  
Old 04-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna View Post
KitKat, you`re wrong. Sofia showed much more, in fact she showed everything from the waist up! And most of her photos were not "nicely" done at all. But I was much more shocked when I read that she had boasted about a meeting with a porn star. What kind of woman meets porn stars and is happy about that?

I don`t care much about this relationship. If CP wants to marry Sofia some time in the future, he can do that IMO - BUT he should give up his rights and royal duties. Just like Martha Louise did. Then Sofia would not become a princess. The only problem is that Victoria doesn`t have an heir yet.
Totally agree and I really believe Victoria will give birth to a heir(even if they have problems,with today's level of medicine hopefully they will overcome it).I do say many judge Carl-Philip's choice,but if we consider his level of education(in the matter of studies) I suppose he feels boring with intellectual women.The another problem is that Sofia seems to be overproud of herself and tends to be always in the centre of attention.If she was a model,but more or less professional,with the sense of duty and modesty,like Natalya Vodyanova for example,I think their relationship would not have encountered so many controversial and negative points of view.Of course ,if this is his choice,let it be
__________________
  #1185  
Old 04-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
What about nude pictures of male royals?

I am very surprised that no one respond to the way young men and women, who were born into the monarchy, behave! Maybe I am as a male more amazed that women seem to be so tough on other women. It flourishes nude pictures of male royalty, young and old. Several of them are really not flattering and it's hard to believe that the pictures only taken when the royals have been unaware. There are pictures of those who are already married and those who will marry. Images are not only secretly filmed but also proof of how bad even male royal youth can behave. As a man I do not think it's nice, but I do not go so far as to allocate them long before they even come close to the throne ...
__________________
  #1186  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Monna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: -, Czech Republic
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Totally agree and I really believe Victoria will give birth to a heir(even if they have problems,with today's level of medicine hopefully they will overcome it).
Yes, I think the same. Victoria and Daniel are both healthy and capable of having a child (otherwise they wouldn`t have said after the wedding that they were looking forward to start a family) and if there are some problems, modern medicine can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I do say many judge Carl-Philip's choice,but if we consider his level of education(in the matter of studies) I suppose he feels boring with intellectual women.The another problem is that Sofia seems to be overproud of herself and tends to be always in the centre of attention.If she was a model,but more or less professional,with the sense of duty and modesty,like Natalya Vodyanova for example,I think their relationship would not have encountered so many controversial and negative points of view.Of course ,if this is his choice,let it be
I agree, beeing a model doesn`t disqualify anyone from becoming a princess. I`m sure many models are clever and decent women. But Sofia is not just a model. Everything she did - reality show, controversial model career, charity activities with African children (yes, charity IS admirable, but naivity aside, some people do charity work - especially connected to children - only for publicity), dating a prince - suggests that she likes attention and her goal in life is to become a celebrity. But there`s something Sofia should realize and CP should know: royal doesn`t mean celebrity. Once royals become celebrities, monarchies will be in BIG troubles.

Really when I see royals like CP or Martha Louise, I don`t understand them. They are so lucky, born into priviliges. With the power which comes with their position, they could do so much for their countries, help people, try to improve things that need to be improved. And what are doing instead? Car racing, dating a nude model, speaking with the dead, singing... Ridiculous
__________________
  #1187  
Old 04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna View Post
Really when I see royals like CP or Martha Louise, I don`t understand them. They are so lucky, born into priviliges. With the power which comes with their position, they could do so much for their countries, help people, try to improve things that need to be improved. And what are doing instead? Car racing, dating a nude model, speaking with the dead, singing... Ridiculous
So I think this: Prince Carl Philip is the patron for Mustaschkampen - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] doesn't count? Just because he's driving race cars and dating a girl? Isn't he not allowed to have a hobby and a privat life. Does he have to make the world a better place 24/7? What are you, what are all the others here, doing to make the world better? Because it's not just the duty of the royals and celebrities but the duty of each and everyone of us. And no-one can blame us for having a private live and a hobby at the same time. So tell me, what are you doing? Help children? Old people? Sick people? Poor people? Animals? What?

Honestly, I don't understand you all. Sofia has not been a bad girl at all since she started dating Carl Philip. So why do you always have to mob her? I really don't get it.

Oh, and another question because this came up a few posts before mine: Is a porn star a bad person just because of her job? Is one not allowed to meet one? Honestly, I would rather brag about meeting Gina Wild than Tom Cruise. Or Madonna (a woman who doesn't know she's not 25 anymore and get's more and more embaressing by pretending to appear so).
__________________
  #1188  
Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 638
My final word on this matter:

I hope this is a case of Carl Phillip sowing his royal seeds, not literally mind you, figuratively speaking only in the sense that I would not like to see an unwed pregnancy result. Rather, I see this on par with Prince Andrew, whom sowed his royal seeds with soft porn star Koo Stark back in the 80's.

Remember this: Prince Andrew's former flame Koo Stark looks relaxed at 52 | Mail Online

Yes, there was even talk of marriage at one point. But alas Prince Andrew came to his senses and married his childhood sweetheart, Sarah Ferguson.

Tata!
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #1189  
Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006

Then I did a got job with this paragraph. I hope more people are shocked right now and maybe start thinking a bit more about commensurabilities.

2nd: Sofia wasn't showing anything more than every other royal in a papparazzi bikini picture. The only difference is that she had a snake hiding her upper parts and others have little triangle pieces. So what's the point? The snake? At a time in her live where a royal boyfriend was completely out of the picture? You all can yell bloody murder at me but I think those snake picture where nicely and professionally done.
Wow!
If that makes you sleep at night.

Um did you not see the nude pics? It seems to me you're glossing over the facts. She's done way more than show a bit of skin and pose with a snake. As far as I know, MM, Marie, Mary, Victoria, Madde, Maxima, Letizia never posed nude so I think it's pretty silly to say she wasn't showing more than any other royal. And on top of that she's bi-sexual and has been known to be in the company of Jenna Jameson! I'm sorry but old habits die hard and yes personalities are very much set in stone. We all change to a certain extent...when we get older we become wiser but our individual personalities remain the same.

If Sofia is changing for herself and to be a better person then I give her two thumbs up but to me I see her changing because of who she's dating. That sort of change is fake and it never lasts.

I'm all for people getting involved in charities and I think it's never too late to do good. But it seems fishy to me that all of a sudden she makes a trip to Africa while dating the prince. Something's not adding up.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1190  
Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Jonquil's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Wow!
If that makes you sleep at night.

Um did you not see the nude pics? It seems to me you're glossing over the facts. She's done way more than show a bit of skin and pose with a snake. As far as I know, MM, Marie, Mary, Victoria, Madde, Maxima, Letizia never posed nude so I think it's pretty silly to say she wasn't showing more than any other royal. And on top of that she's bi-sexual and has been known to be in the company of Jenna Jameson! I'm sorry but old habits die hard and yes personalities are very much set in stone. We all change to a certain extent...when we get older we become wiser but our individual personalities remain the same.
I agree with you for the most part but I do have to butt in here: there is absolutely nothing wrong with her sexuality. It's her actions that are the problem. They show a great lack of foresight.
__________________
  #1191  
Old 04-26-2011, 12:16 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonquil

I agree with you for the most part but I do have to butt in here: there is absolutely nothing wrong with her sexuality. It's her actions that are the problem. They show a great lack of foresight.
Don't get me wrong...I could care less about her sexuality. And I'm not saying it's wrong for her to be bisexual...but you said it better than I could. It's her actions (like the situation with Jameson) that's the problem. Hope I cleared it up.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1192  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Iva's Avatar
Iva Iva is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: -, Slovakia
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
So I think this: Prince Carl Philip is the patron for Mustaschkampen - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] doesn't count? Just because he's driving race cars and dating a girl? Isn't he not allowed to have a hobby and a privat life. Does he have to make the world a better place 24/7? What are you, what are all the others here, doing to make the world better? Because it's not just the duty of the royals and celebrities but the duty of each and everyone of us. And no-one can blame us for having a private live and a hobby at the same time. So tell me, what are you doing? Help children? Old people? Sick people? Poor people? Animals? What?
I'd ask something else, what is he doing to deserve time for his hobbies and private life? It's April, he had 5 working days in January, 3 in February, 0 in March and 3 in April, that's a total of 11 working days. If you look at his calendar, there are 5 working days comming, 3 of them being Monaco wedding and 2 days of birthday celebrations (King + Victoria). That hardly looks like making the world better place 24/7. I'm rather not going to compare it to a regular working citizen of this world, who contributes to the society and is earning for his living, or he may look even worser as he does right now. They are always blaming it on his studies, but when one only slightly believes what the press writes about his results there, I don't think that he spends that much time studying. So what does he do with the rest of his time? I'd LOVE to have so much time for private life and hobby's as he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Honestly, I don't understand you all. Sofia has not been a bad girl at all since she started dating Carl Philip. So why do you always have to mob her? I really don't get it.
Maybe she isn't such a bad girl, who knows, I don't know her personally after all. At first I was not so anti-Sofia as I'm now, I thought that everyone makes mistakes and deserves second chance. But the "scandals" just kept comming and comming, and suddenly there were so many that it hardly looked like a stupid mistake. I see Sofia now as an attention seeker, reality show, several photo series including soft porn pictures and now the Prince comes. What's better for attention then dating a prince? Too bad for her that at the point where she got to Prince she already had so much negative baggage attached to her. Right now they are trying to play it low key and she tries to present herself as a good girl, doing charity work for poor African children, if we can call a few pictures where she is posing with little children charity work, cheering for her boyfriend etc.
Only time will tell if what they are trying to present now is the real Sofia or if it's fake. For CP's sake I hope that she really does love him and not his title and place in society. For now you can call me snobish or whatever, but I'm not in favor of this relationship. One can't decide when he/she falls in love with someone, but I do think that this relationship came in an absolutely wrong time. First CP's split with Emma, who would be more then welcomed into the SRF, then Madeleine's broken engagement, King's book, documentary about Queen's father, CP & M's working habits. Way too much negative coverage in a short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Because in vitro fertilisation can do almost everything nowadays to those who have the money and the best doctors at hand in case a natural conceiving is not possible. And you have to admit that Victoria and Daniel will have the best treatment possible if they would need in vitro. So the chance of them remaining childless is very, very low I'd say.
This is off topic in here, but it's one thing to get pregnant, even with the help of IVF and another thing to carry a baby to full term or to a point where it's safe to deliver a healthy baby without any future complications. Even the best doctors and all the money of world can't guarantee that mothers body will cooperate to this point. Not wishing anything like this to Victoria & Daniel, just my 2 cents.
__________________
  #1193  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:48 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
I'd ask something else, what is he doing to deserve time for his hobbies and private life? It's April, he had 5 working days in January, 3 in February, 0 in March and 3 in April, that's a total of 11 working days.
You're only allowed to have a hobby when you work fulltime in Sweden (and on second thought, you're just allowed to have a privat life when you work)? I'm shocked. What does the average Joe do when he loses his job? Quitting his membership at the local soccer club? Selling his horse? Burning all his books? Turning in his annual ticket at the local baths? Oh, and while we're at it, does your answer mean, that a manager in an important business is allowed to have more hobbies than the little employer at a little supermarket? And how does it work with parttime employers? Are they only allowed to have a half of a hobby? They can play the first half of a soccer game but not the second? Just clean the horse but not riding it? Just looking at a book cover but not reading the book?

I hope you hear the sarcasm in my response, but I just had to say that. Your answer was just to ridiculous. You don't deserve to have a hobby. You just have one (or more) or not. That has nothing to do with your working hours.

And - because I think you just summoned up the days where CP was officially mentioned in the royal diary - do you honestly believe the royal family is just working when they're mentioned in said diary? If so, Victoria and Daniel have just 1(!!!) working day during the first 8 days in may. That's not much on the working front either, right? So, do they have to slow down on their hobbies to in that week?

Honestly, I can't even believe I really replied to such a silly posting. It's not worth even one little letter.
__________________
  #1194  
Old 04-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Monna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: -, Czech Republic
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Honestly, I can't even believe I really replied to such a silly posting. It's not worth even one little letter.
You must be kidding. Iva`s post was not silly at all. She just said what many of us think - from all we know CP performes only a few duties a year and the monarchy (= the taxpayers) is sponsoring him. We know much more abour his free time than about his work
__________________
  #1195  
Old 04-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Iva's Avatar
Iva Iva is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: -, Slovakia
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
You're only allowed to have a hobby when you work fulltime in Sweden (and on second thought, you're just allowed to have a privat life when you work)? I'm shocked. What does the average Joe do when he loses his job? Quitting his membership at the local soccer club? Selling his horse? Burning all his books? Turning in his annual ticket at the local baths? Oh, and while we're at it, does your answer mean, that a manager in an important business is allowed to have more hobbies than the little employer at a little supermarket? And how does it work with parttime employers? Are they only allowed to have a half of a hobby? They can play the first half of a soccer game but not the second? Just clean the horse but not riding it? Just looking at a book cover but not reading the book?

I hope you hear the sarcasm in my response, but I just had to say that. Your answer was just to ridiculous. You don't deserve to have a hobby. You just have one (or more) or not. That has nothing to do with your working hours.
You either do not get the point or, and I'm thinking the later, do not want to get the point. We all have our "liebling" and do not want to admit that what they do is wrong, don't we? Nothing wrong with that though. When the avarage Joe, loses his job, he has to cancel the membership, you know avarage Joe has to provide for himself, if he is married also for his wife and children and this avarage Joe has to look for a new job, because he has to live from something, he can not just sit on his butt, ride on his horse in the morning and go play soccer with his friends in the afternoon, he has to pay rent, taxes etc. The same goes for manager or whoever, obviously just not for CP, who gets lots of free time funded by the Swedish taxpayers, woohoo life's easy, isn't it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
And - because I think you just summoned up the days where CP was officially mentioned in the royal diary - do you honestly believe the royal family is just working when they're mentioned in said diary? If so, Victoria and Daniel have just 1(!!!) working day during the first 8 days in may. That's not much on the working front either, right? So, do they have to slow down on their hobbies to in that week?
Yes, they are working also outside the diary. If I'm not mistaken the King & Queen used to work Mo-Fri, it was mentioned in some documentary and I don't think it has changed, I'd say the same goes for Victoria and maybe already also for Daniel. They are preparing for their assignments, official visits and working with their charities & patronages, none or majority of these things not mentioned in their official calender. But when one has so little assingments, one also does not need to prepare himself for them so much.
Oh, and Victoria has 2 working days in the first 8 days of May + a 3 day visit to Gavle & Ockelbo and a 4 day visit to Germany at the end of the month. I hope you hear the sarcasm.
__________________
  #1196  
Old 04-26-2011, 05:56 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna View Post
You must be kidding. Iva`s post was not silly at all. She just said what many of us think - from all we know CP performes only a few duties a year and the monarchy (= the taxpayers) is sponsoring him. We know much more abour his free time than about his work
And that's where you're wrong. CP doesn't get sponsored by the tax payers but by his dad. Because only Carl Gustav and Victoria are paid by the tax payers. Every other member of the family lives of their income. And if they want to support their partners (Silvia and Daniel) and his children (Carl Philip, Madeleine and Victoria back when she didn't get paid her own income) it's entirely their decision. Just like the average joe has the right to sponsor is own wife and children with the money he make in their job. It's his decision how he wants to spend it and no-one elses. Looking at the situation from this angle, CP doesn't have to do anything and works without getting paid when he does royal duties. Has anyone of you ever thought of it like this? I think not.

And anyway, most of you aren't even swedish citizens and therefore don't pay tax money for the SRF. So do you have any real reason at all to always grumble or is it just you wanting to grumble and not granting CP to be in love?

And yes, I still think Iva's posting was completely silly and not worth a reply even if I did reply.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1197  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:13 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Oh, and Victoria has 2 working days in the first 8 days of May + a 3 day visit to Gavle & Ockelbo and a 4 day visit to Germany at the end of the month. I hope you hear the sarcasm.
That makes 9 working days out of 20 if you talk about 4 weeks a month with a 5 working days each week if you count Mo - Fr. If it's Mo - So it's only 9 days out of 28. That isn't that much either. Only a halftime job. And if you want to counter this little math example and telling me they work more than what's on their official diary how would you know that it isn't the same woth CP? He has patronages too. Maybe he doesn't need as much preparation as Victoria and Daniel who have more patronages, but he also needs tp prepare for that too. And just take a look at my "tax payers reply" above. CP is doing all this for free if you see at it closely whereas Victoria is getting paid. So can you really honestly blame him for not doing more? I can't. And this has nothing to do with not wanting to see your point or having a favourite in the royal circus. It's common sense. He and Madeleine are not paid the same as Voctoria is for what they do. They don't have to do anything. Just Victoria and Carl Gustav who get payed and therefore are employed by the tax payers do. But that's just those two and no-one else in the royal family.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1198  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,331
Royals are a reflection of the times.Years ago stuff they did was well hidden from the public. You can't tell me that every single royal even those who dont have scandals have not done something in their youth that they either aren't proud of or regret doing. If you expect all royals to be perfect all the time or to have the lifestyle of a monk, then you are in for major disappointment. Whenever you look to someone for a role model, you are usually disappointed.
__________________
  #1199  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:47 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006

That makes 9 working days out of 20 if you talk about 4 weeks a month with a 5 working days each week if you count Mo - Fr. If it's Mo - So it's only 9 days out of 28. That isn't that much either. Only a halftime job. And if you want to counter this little math example and telling me they work more than what's on their official diary how would you know that it isn't the same woth CP? He has patronages too. Maybe he doesn't need as much preparation as Victoria and Daniel who have more patronages, but he also needs tp prepare for that too. And just take a look at my "tax payers reply" above. CP is doing all this for free if you see at it closely whereas Victoria is getting paid. So can you really honestly blame him for not doing more? I can't. And this has nothing to do with not wanting to see your point or having a favourite in the royal circus. It's common sense. He and Madeleine are not paid the same as Voctoria is for what they do. They don't have to do anything. Just Victoria and Carl Gustav who get payed and therefore are employed by the tax payers do. But that's just those two and no-one else in the royal family.
No offense to you, I respect your opinion and all but you should really read over your posts and perhaps you'll see how you sound...because you're not making sense.

A lot of work that the king, queen, V&D does are not listed on the calendar. Silvia says she sometimes attends many audiences and meeting throughout the day...most of which she says the public never knows about.

Yes I can blame him for not doing more. CP is not doing more because CP doesn't want to do more. Plain and simple. There are thousands of invitations that come to the royal family in hopes of their being apart of charities and organizations. There's more than enough to do.

CP is a nice guy but unfortunately he's what I call a rich bum.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1200  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 491
I'm making perfect sense. But maybe it doesn't reach you all what I mean. Don't forget that english isn't my native language and sometimes it's difficult to put things into foreign words that make perfect sense in german.
__________________

__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 2016 06-27-2014 11:18 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince joachim prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]