The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1161  
Old 04-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Garatshausen, Germany
Posts: 1,114
Okay, then Sweden should have a future princess, whose body is now well known. I fully support this two.

At least they don´t pretend to be devout.
__________________

__________________

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
  #1162  
Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593


And well, what's one more hypotetically princess who's body is well known. Because honestly, almost every princess nowadays has been photograped in a bikini by papparazi when they're on holidays.
__________________

  #1163  
Old 04-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
The current president and his wife are really nice and decent people. They represent Sweden in a much better way then CP and his nude model.
Sweden is a monarchy. We don't have a president.
  #1164  
Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Garatshausen, Germany
Posts: 1,114
Prime minister then
__________________

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
  #1165  
Old 04-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Well, I believe in case CP has stayed being the heir to the throne he probably would´ve been educated differently. It´s strange IMO that both CP and Madeleine behave in such a totally different way compared to Victoria. But it could´ve become worse: Victoria could´ve become a person like CP and Madeleine are now.
It is strange indeed...and I think the fault lies squarely with the King and Queen.

Madeleine and CP appear spoiled beyond belief.
  #1166  
Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
I personally think the king and queen were too relaxed with CP and Madeleine...whereas they were more disciplining with Victoria. Carl is rebelling, Madeleine doesn't want to come home. One had a broken engagement, the other is dating a nude model. They are spoiled. I would be ashamed if I were their parents. I know CP and Madde are grown, but the king has got to put his foot down.

What if Victoria and Daniel can't have kids! God forbid!! That would be a nightmare.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1167  
Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
I'm pretty sure it wasn't in your mind to blame Madeleine for her broken engagement, because it very well sounded like it. And that Victoria had a more disciplined upbringing than Carl Philip and Madeleine makes sense. SHE will be the future queen whereas her siblings will only be her sidekicks. They will be pushed further from the spotlight the older they get. You can see it with Joachim in Denmark, Märtha Louise in Norway, Johan Friso and Constantin in the Netherlands and it will happen in Sweden as soon as Victoria and Daniel produce little royals. And they will, believe me. I don't know why anyone is always bringing up a childless CPcouple when Sofia enters the picture. There is absolutely no evidence that Victoria and Daniel will remain childless and Sofia ever gets to be queen of Sweden. So why all the panik? Just leave them be and wait patiently for the baby-news.
  #1168  
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006
I'm pretty sure it wasn't in your mind to blame Madeleine for her broken engagement, because it very well sounded like it. And that Victoria had a more disciplined upbringing than Carl Philip and Madeleine makes sense. SHE will be the future queen whereas her siblings will only be her sidekicks. They will be pushed further from the spotlight the older they get. You can see it with Joachim in Denmark, Märtha Louise in Norway, Johan Friso and Constantin in the Netherlands and it will happen in Sweden as soon as Victoria and Daniel produce little royals. And they will, believe me. I don't know why anyone is always bringing up a childless CPcouple when Sofia enters the picture. There is absolutely no evidence that Victoria and Daniel will remain childless and Sofia ever gets to be queen of Sweden. So why all the panik? Just leave them be and wait patiently for the baby-news.
I didn't say anything about evidence or facts. I'm not blaming her for a broken engagement but it happened nonetheless. I'm not panicking...I'm not saying they won't have kids, I'm just saying I feel sorry for Sweden if by chance V&D can't have kids. Hey it could happen.

No it doesn't make sense to discipline Victoria more because she's the heir. All of the kids should be treated the same (when it comes to discipline) CP and Madeleine are still in line for the throne and they should be disciplined accordingly. Of course Victoria will have more work and training but the disciplining should be the same.

People are bringing up the childless matter when Sofia entered the picture because that would mean Carl would be a potential king and that's a scary thing right now considering he's not setting the best example. Right now Carl Philip possibly being king is a scary thing to behold!
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1169  
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
The King is our head of state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Prime minister then
All democracies have a head of government, Prime Minister, also Sweden. But he is not the head of state. The King is our head of state and not likely to change by Carl Philip's relations with Sofia. Would it not be needed more than that monarchy had long since been dead in Denmark, Britain and Norway among others.
1st As long as there is a majority of Swedes who prefer monarchy over republic dare none of the parliamentary parties raise the issue seriously.
2nd So long as no relation published by the court, there is not. It can be difficult to understand for many people living in other countries, but is formally the case in Sweden.
3rd Would Carl Philip and Sophia marry we do not know if Carl Philip to retain his title. He could, perhaps as it was with the king's sister, taken from the title of "royal highness" but keep the title Prince. And no one knows about Sofia even get a title? Possibly maybe Duchess of Värmland, because it is Prince's duchy.

Everything is just speculation and I think they are unnecessary until something more is published by the Royal Court Administration.
  #1170  
Old 04-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Esmerelda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
I personally think the king and queen were too relaxed with CP and Madeleine...whereas they were more disciplining with Victoria. Carl is rebelling, Madeleine doesn't want to come home. One had a broken engagement, the other is dating a nude model. They are spoiled. I would be ashamed if I were their parents. I know CP and Madde are grown, but the king has got to put his foot down.

What if Victoria and Daniel can't have kids! God forbid!! That would be a nightmare.
The King and Queen said in an interview I think it was episode on Victoria in the series The Bernadottes (I think there's a German version floating around on YouTube-sadly they never dub these things in English) that they tried to treat their children the same in terms of discipline (or maybe tried to?). They said that upbringing and education are different things. Maybe Victoria was more aware of her position growing up from the way she was treated at school etc or naturally has a different personality. I don't think we should blame the King and Queen completely.
  #1171  
Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
People are bringing up the childless matter when Sofia entered the picture because that would mean Carl would be a potential king and that's a scary thing right now considering he's not setting the best example. Right now Carl Philip possibly being king is a scary thing to behold!
Why is he setting a bad example? I said it numerous times before: what's past is past. It's not his fault what Sofia did years ago, when she never ever expected to be in this position today. But today Carl Philip is just a guy with a navy background who's studying on a second degree so he can manage his farm someday in the future, has time to pursue his race car hobby and enjoying life with a woman he loves and who's behaving perfectly these days. And every now and then he also does work in the 'family business'. Sorry, but don't see anything wrong with that and I don't think the 1% chance of him becoming king and Sofia becoming queen of Sweden is scary at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
All democracies have a head of government, Prime Minister, also Sweden. But he is not the head of state. The King is our head of state and not likely to change by Carl Philip's relations with Sofia. Would it not be needed more than that monarchy had long since been dead in Denmark, Britain and Norway among others.
1st As long as there is a majority of Swedes who prefer monarchy over republic dare none of the parliamentary parties raise the issue seriously.
2nd So long as no relation published by the court, there is not. It can be difficult to understand for many people living in other countries, but is formally the case in Sweden.
3rd Would Carl Philip and Sophia marry we do not know if Carl Philip to retain his title. He could, perhaps as it was with the king's sister, taken from the title of "royal highness" but keep the title Prince. And no one knows about Sofia even get a title? Possibly maybe Duchess of Värmland, because it is Prince's duchy.

Everything is just speculation and I think they are unnecessary until something more is published by the Royal Court Administration.
To 2nd: I understand perfectly what you mean by this. So in this case we're talking about crossing bridges before we come to them. Like I said before: No need to panic for anyone. Officially there is no relationship and when maybe is one in the future it's okay too, because it's an accepted relationship.

To 3rd: It would be the 'Märtha Louise case' from Norway. A perfect way to end all speculations of a unsuitable hypotetical king.
  #1172  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:22 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,416
Those who are heirs to the throne even if their upbringing is the same as their siblings know that they are different from their siblings. The fact that he/she is the heir to the throne is what is different about them. Most of them take this very seriously and act accordingly. You generally don't see heirs to thrones acting really outrageous or out of control or acting out in front of the camera for all eyes to see. Behavior like this, nowadays would be difficult to conceal. Maybe if it was a one time thing, it might not get out but if the behavior was repeated over and over again, someone would get wind of it. They would be strongly rebuked by their family or someone for doing so.

If it wasn't the controversary with Prince Carl Phillip, those who support Republicanism would find someone else or another member of the Swedish Royal Family to attack. They would find something.

In the United States you see this with the President and other political leaders where they find something and it's really nothing. Case and point would be a couple of years ago when some people made an issue of Michelle Obama wearing walking shorts when the family was visiting national parks. The outfit looked nice and there was nothing wrong with it.
  #1173  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The horror scenario still remains in case V&D are unable to produce an heir(ess).
Good Lord, you are correct on this one! Can give one the shivers.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #1174  
Old 04-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
I'm pretty sure it wasn't in your mind to blame Madeleine for her broken engagement, because it very well sounded like it. And that Victoria had a more disciplined upbringing than Carl Philip and Madeleine makes sense. SHE will be the future queen whereas her siblings will only be her sidekicks. They will be pushed further from the spotlight the older they get. You can see it with Joachim in Denmark, Märtha Louise in Norway, Johan Friso and Constantin in the Netherlands and it will happen in Sweden as soon as Victoria and Daniel produce little royals. And they will, believe me. I don't know why anyone is always bringing up a childless CPcouple when Sofia enters the picture. There is absolutely no evidence that Victoria and Daniel will remain childless and Sofia ever gets to be queen of Sweden. So why all the panik? Just leave them be and wait patiently for the baby-news.
How do you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post


And well, what's one more hypotetically princess who's body is well known. Because honestly, almost every princess nowadays has been photograped in a bikini by papparazi when they're on holidays.
In a bikini, yes, but not without it, "wearing" a snake on the breasts only (Ruotsin prinssin rakas rohkeissa kuvissa - katso kuva! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi). I guess there is a slight difference here...
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #1175  
Old 04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
How do you know?
Because in vitro fertilisation can do almost everything nowadays to those who have the money and the best doctors at hand in case a natural conceiving is not possible. And you have to admit that Victoria and Daniel will have the best treatment possible if they would need in vitro. So the chance of them remaining childless is very, very low I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
In a bikini, yes, but not without it, "wearing" a snake on the breasts only (Ruotsin prinssin rakas rohkeissa kuvissa - katso kuva! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi). I guess there is a slight difference here...
I know this photo. It's old news. And again I repeat myself. That's her past and has nothing to do with who she is today.

I also remember a photo ten years ago with a blond girl in it who had a joint in her hand. The same girl apologies sincerly for her past as partygirl in the drug-scene and is loved and accepted today by her country because she does a good job in her new profession and no-one is bothered by her past anymore.

Tell me, do you know who I'm talking about? And don't you (and everyone else) think the same wouldn't work today? If not why not? Because drugs and parties are not as scandalizing as snakes and nude skin? Personally I think drugs are worse than nude skin and a snake. But that's just me and maybe there are countries where drugs are considered a small misdemeanour and nude skin is considered a serious crime. For Sofias and Carl Philips sake I hope Sweden is not one of those (smallminded) countries.
  #1176  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:17 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006

Why is he setting a bad example? I said it numerous times before: what's past is past. It's not his fault what Sofia did years ago, when she never ever expected to be in this position today. But today Carl Philip is just a guy with a navy background who's studying on a second degree so he can manage his farm someday in the future, has time to pursue his race car hobby and enjoying life with a woman he loves and who's behaving perfectly these days. And every now and then he also does work in the 'family business'. Sorry, but don't see anything wrong with that and I don't think the 1% chance of him becoming king and Sofia becoming queen of Sweden is scary at all.
I like CP a lot and I think he's a good guy but I'm calling it like I see it. He's not "just a guy" as you put it. He is a prince who is obligated to set good examples for his country. He represents Sweden and he should represent the country in the best possible light and no I don't think he's doing that. I disagree about what's past is past. That's true for the average Joe but not for someone in CPs position.

The worlds morals are slipping but the royal families should at least try to hold up good standards, even when it's fading.

Also, who said anything about love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006
Tell me, do you know who I'm talking about? And don't you (and everyone else) think the same wouldn't work today? If not why not? Because drugs and parties are not as scandalizing as snakes and nude skin? Personally I think drugs are worse than nude skin and a snake. But that's just me and maybe there are countries where drugs are considered a small misdemeanour and nude skin is considered a serious crime. For Sofias and Carl Philips sake I hope Sweden is not one of those (smallminded) countries.
Wow.
I'm trying to get over the shock from reading this paragraph.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1177  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:25 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,370
I would have to agree with you CrownPrincess5. CP is not just "joe schmo" off the street. To be quite honest, the only child of the King & Queen that I have any real respect for right now is CP Victoria. She and Daniel are doing a fine job together, unlike her brother & sister who are causing quite the controversy with their choices lately.
  #1178  
Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM
PrincessKaimi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hilo, Malibu, United States
Posts: 1,328
The world's royals, taken as a group, over time have not exactly been consistent in "upholding morals." Maybe since Victorian times, but before that, there were some outstanding examples of debauchery, excess, liking of nude skin (don't know about snakes but certainly mistreatment of animals as I would see it), endorsing or at least not raising an eyebrow about slavery or the capture/enslavement of indigenous people, child brides, etc., etc.

The Royals are what they are: reflections of the period in which they live (often lagging behind the world's avant-garde, but still always a part of the world in which they live - by definition). Henry VIII might have been a bit "ahead of his time" while still keeping a foot in the medieval.

Louis XII invading Italy three times was not the nicest way to set a moral example, but he thought he was doing the right thing.

Personally, I think the ascertaining of Princess Diana's virginity was whacky, but that's just my opinion. Prince Charles has moved up in my estimation through his ecological viewpoints and practices, it's so nice to see - so moral.

As a group, the international roles make up for the deficits of each other, each nation's royals dealing with different problems and perceptions. I like royals that actually stand for something besides evening gowns and tiaras though (as much as I love gowns and tiaras). I'd love a Queen or King who wrote good music or poetry or did something else that makes us want to see them esteemed entirely for their own personal efforts. Prince Charles's participation in search and rescue comes to mind.

In Hawaii, monarchs could adopt (and in the Roman world, nobles could adopt heirs, certainly in pre-national Italy, rulers of principalities (including one Queen of Naples, IIRC, certainly some Dukes and Duchesses) did adopt.

The last Viking King apparently was a changeling (adopted) or had a foster mother of some sort:

Dienekes' Anthropology Blog: mtDNA of the last Viking King
  #1179  
Old 04-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Because in vitro fertilisation can do almost everything nowadays to those who have the money and the best doctors at hand in case a natural conceiving is not possible. And you have to admit that Victoria and Daniel will have the best treatment possible if they would need in vitro. So the chance of them remaining childless is very, very low I'd say.



I know this photo. It's old news. And again I repeat myself. That's her past and has nothing to do with who she is today.

I also remember a photo ten years ago with a blond girl in it who had a joint in her hand. The same girl apologies sincerly for her past as partygirl in the drug-scene and is loved and accepted today by her country because she does a good job in her new profession and no-one is bothered by her past anymore.

Tell me, do you know who I'm talking about? And don't you (and everyone else) think the same wouldn't work today? If not why not? Because drugs and parties are not as scandalizing as snakes and nude skin? Personally I think drugs are worse than nude skin and a snake. But that's just me and maybe there are countries where drugs are considered a small misdemeanour and nude skin is considered a serious crime. For Sofias and Carl Philips sake I hope Sweden is not one of those (smallminded) countries.

That doesn't change the fact you cannot say for sure they will have kids. So no, you don't know if they will or won't. (I shortened your post, as it would be a bit long and what I am referring to is exactly the part below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
... and it will happen in Sweden as soon as Victoria and Daniel produce little royals. And they will, believe me...

I know it's an old photo, I was not talking about her present or her past. I was simply referring to your post below stating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post


And well, what's one more hypotetically princess who's body is well known. Because honestly, almost every princess nowadays has been photograped in a bikini by papparazi when they're on holidays.

Hence my response where I evidenced Sofia showed a bit more than what you mentioned.
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #1180  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:31 AM
HRHofNothing's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somewhere in, Canada
Posts: 208
Sophia did all of the things she did to feed her need for attention. I think what bothers most people wo don't agree with this relationship is that she is still the same person and will remain the same person even if she were to became a Princess.....And a Princess willing to do ANYTHING to get attention on herself is not a good thing
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 2016 06-27-2014 12:18 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece infanta elena outfit kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction mohammed reza monarchy national day new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince nikolaos princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima eveningwear queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania current events royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats valentino


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises