The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

If you are close to your family, then if something concerns you (about who they are dating or hanging out with), then you express this concern to them. Whether or not they listen to you is another matter. Usually your family is looking out for you and your best interest. Sometimes the opinion of someone outside the family whom the person respects or seeks guidence from is more influential than the family. They will listen to a family friend or a friend before they listen to their family.

My brother was engaged to a woman who if he had married her would not have been good. He got very angry and defensive when family members would bring this up (he thought we all hated this woman). We didn't but she was just not the one for him to marry. He came to realize this but it took a long time. It was only after someone totally outside of the family and friends circle pointed things out to him about the relationship that he finally listened. He didn't listen to us (we basically said the same things to him) but he listened to someone else who said these things. That's usually how it goes.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm not saying that a broken engagement isn't a tragic thing, I'm saying IMO Madeleine has taken this broken engagement too far.

Escaping for a two week break fair enough, but she's been gone for months. She missed the Nobel Prize ceremony which was unacceptable to me.
Hi, Lumutqueen. I know sometimes you and I are on different sides of some issues, but in this one I would have to say that although I don't see her behaving like a spoiled brat (that seems to be CP these days to me), I would have to agree with the two above statements. It's not the worst thing that she wasn't at the Nobel Prize ceremony, but considering that it is the biggest royal event of the year, including the wedding, I think she should have been there unless there was some specific function/duty elsewhere which required representation from the SRF. I completely agree, however, about the first statement. The relationship is over, move on. If she uses distress over a broken engagement at this point it just looks desparate and gives Jonas more power over her current life or it just is a pathetic excuse to be lazy. Besides, she could move on to a better relationship (if that is what she wants) by letting go of her own past baggage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If she can get any man, why did one cheat on her?
On this issue, I have to disagree. It has been my experience that when one person cheats on another, it has more to do with the cheater than the cheatee.

Back on the spoiled brat issue and CP as it pertains to this thread. After years of alluding to not wanting to be Crown Prince, appearing shy in public, staying out of the limelight (especially w Emma), it appears that CP - by choosing to date this particular type of girl - is intentionally seeking attention. Perhaps trying to assert himself, his own independence, etc.? IMHO it would better serve to do that by putting the extensive education he has obtained into practice and developing a functioning farm at his new property, thereby creating jobs and contributing resources back into the economy.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy
If you are close to your family, then if something concerns you (about who they are dating or hanging out with), then you express this concern to them. Whether or not they listen to you is another matter. Usually your family is looking out for you and your best interest. Sometimes the opinion of someone outside the family whom the person respects or seeks guidence from is more influential than the family. They will listen to a family friend or a friend before they listen to their family.

My brother was engaged to a woman who if he had married her would not have been good. He got very angry and defensive when family members would bring this up (he thought we all hated this woman). We didn't but she was just not the one for him to marry. He came to realize this but it took a long time. It was only after someone totally outside of the family and friends circle pointed things out to him about the relationship that he finally listened. He didn't listen to us (we basically said the same things to him) but he listened to someone else who said these things. That's usually how it goes.
That happened in my family too. I don't know why it's so hard to listen to the people close to you. I just hope CP's family is giving him sound advice and I hope he's listening cause he's very much in a rebellious stage right now.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prinsens år – en kamp | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
On Christmas Eve Carl Philip was at the Drottningholm Palace, Sofia at her home in Älvdalen with her family.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Prinsens år – en kamp | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
On Christmas Eve Carl Philip was at the Drottningholm Palace, Sofia at her home in Älvdalen with her family.
Then their relation hasn't still grown to another level
Old 12-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Then their relation hasn't still grown to another level
What do you mean?
He spent Christmas with his family, and this means what?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Gentry

It doesn´t mean a thing that Sofie celebrated xmas with her family and CP with his. Neither did Daniel when he was Daniel and Madde´s ex not even after the engament either of them Celebrated xmas with the royal family. Prince Daniel celebrated his first xmas with the royal family this year
Old 12-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Christmas is a family time and Sofia would only be intruding. One usually spends Christmas holiday when the relationship is seriously serious. It would be awkward having Sofia over at such a time.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

According to "Billed Bladet" Carl Philip and Sofia have spent together the New Year holiday

Billed-Bladet - Prins Carl Philips hemmelige nytårsferie med Sofia

Google Traduttore
Old 01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
According to "Billed Bladet" Carl Philip and Sofia have spent together the New Year holiday

Billed-Bladet - Prins Carl Philips hemmelige nytårsferie med Sofia

Google Traduttore
Carl Philip and Sofia stayed at the family villa in Storlien.
Video here:
Carl Philips kärlekshelg med Sofia | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

So this relationship looks serious...

Carl Phillip, having in the memory his previous experience (with Emma) will not delay with the proposal,

Just my opinion.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Courtier

They should marry. Europe needs at the moment a good laugh

Old 01-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Commoner

http://translate.google.com/translat...26prmd%3Divnso
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
They should marry. Europe needs at the moment a good laugh
A good laugh?In what sense ?
Or maybe I haven't understood
Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Aristocracy

Carl Philip dating Sofia Hellqvist kind of breaks my heart a little since I adored Emma so much. It just seems like such a contrast, she was sweet & down to earth. Sofia is well known in Sweden for being on a reality show & posing for "risque" pictures. I just don't know how to feel about this.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
So this relationship looks serious...

Carl Phillip, having in the memory his previous experience (with Emma) will not delay with the proposal,

Just my opinion.
IMO he does not intend to marry her any time soon, if ever.
And "if" he accidentaly gets such an idea, there is still King & Queen who would be for sure excited to get such a "nice" daughter-in-law. The situation will of course change when and if there will be a few little kiddos of V&D running around, in that case CP&S would not matter at all and he can do whatever he wants.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Nobility

Does CP require his fathers permission to marry, or is that just for the heir?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Claire View Post
Does CP require his fathers permission to marry, or is that just for the heir?
From what I found he need both permission of the King and also of Swedish goverment in order to stay in succesion line.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

whatever happens does so for a reason
Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness

Emma doesn't seem to have any type of scandal in her past. I'm sure if she did, you would have heard about it over and over again.

Was she and Carl Phillip ever engaged to each other? I'm just curious if they ever were as I don't recall hearing about this but again it's only in the last six months or so that I've been on this forum.

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships