The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1021  
Old 12-21-2010, 01:34 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,326
Sofia hopes that Carl Philip will follow her to Africa next spring:
Sofia Hellqvist får drömjulklappen av prins Carl Philip? | Svensk Damtidning
Google Translate
__________________

__________________
  #1022  
Old 12-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia hopes that Carl Philip will follow her to Africa next spring:
Sofia Hellqvist får drömjulklappen av prins Carl Philip? | Svensk Damtidning
Google Translate
I don't know how reliable this article is or any article that quotes unnamed "sources" or "rumors". Reporting about rumors isn't reporting, it is spreading rumors. It seems like a very empty article and pathetic attempt to fill space/news time. And I am one of the people here who doesn't particularly care for Sofia's choices.
__________________

__________________
  #1023  
Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Oh c'mon. She is a girl in her 20's who was on a party and maybe got a little tipsy. It's totally normal to get a little carried away on a party. No-one here can honestly say she has complete control over everything she says or does 24/7. Don't tell me you are all saints. 'Cause then you're lying. That's for sure. So give Sophia a little rest and let her be a perfectly normal human being once in a while.
Two things about this post - first it's a pretty sweeping generalization to say that anyone claiming to behave with some dignity and decorum is lying. I don't claim to be perfect, have done many things I am not proud of and, under the influence of alcohol, danced on a few tables in my youth. But I still encounter people with the same attitude that you express when I tell them that I have never done any illegal drug. Never smoked a joint, never did coke, never popped pills. Just never saw the need. And most of the people I have ever known have done at least something. You may believe what you wish, but I encourage you to allow that it is possible for someone to be completely truthful is saying that they never got carried away. And it doesn't mean that they are boring or a prude. It is just their choice.

Secondly, Sofia is the one who chose to put herself into the position she finds herself. She made that choice to become a public figure (just like she hoped to do as she has previously stated) by dating a public figure. Much of the hoopla had died down after her underage topless pictures were publicized. But there were even more examples of her choices as evidenced by this latest batch of photos. Her choices and her character are being scrutinized in terms of their appropriateness to her relationship. Telling people to give her a "little rest" and be a "perfectly normal human being" is close to telling them to keep their opinions to themselves, or simply to shut up. Also, there are thousands of perfectly normal human beings who have been drinking in an establishment with poles and who haven't chosen to dance around them. Again, they made a different choice.

As Moninka stated in a previous post, she doesn't have similar pictures of herself and she is younger than Sofia. It's possible that Moninka has never partied as hard as Sofia (again a choice - right or wrong) and, as you stated, got "carried away" (also a choice). It is equally as likely that the dignity Moninka claims to have was part of the reason she made the choices she did.
__________________
  #1024  
Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,375
First of all, it is okay to play around with your friends and take goofy pictures.

Its not okay to do it in certain situations that makes you look bad. That is not something that I would want my neice to do or think its okay. Whether you are 15, 25, 40 or whatever. Use commons sense.

This is 2011...not 1930, not 1982, etc.

As much as stolen tapes, pictures and goodness know what else is being taken and used for illicit purposes I am amazed that people just want to brush it aside. Especially since 2010 will go down as the year that a number of kids who were bullied, harrassed, etc because of "fun" pictures. That were later used to torment them. How does that make sense?

Now, again Sofia did this when she was just Sofia not Sofia dating a prince. But again, it calls into question her train of thought and it makes you wonder...what else is out there?

Does the Swedish public and the monarchy need to worry that the night before a wedding something that reflects badly on Sofia (and by extension the monarchy) is going to be exposed? Pardon the pun.
__________________
.

  #1025  
Old 12-21-2010, 02:32 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Madeleine has been out of the country for god knows how long, and now she dictates who attends the royal christmas?
She is looking more and more like a spoilt brat.
Bet she's jealous of Sofia.
Why do you think she's jealous of her??
Madeleine has a lot going for her and I highly doubt she's jealous of a girl with such a raunchy past.

I think Madeleine is in a bad situation because she's still best friends with Emma.
So it's likely that she's measuring her brothers girlfriends against Emma. I've heard that Madde and Carl Philip are very close, so it's likely to that the girl Carl dates will have to measure against her standards because she loves her brother so much and she wants the best for him. I don't see a problem with that.

I feel sorry for Carl Phillips wife...he's not even thinking about how this relationship is tainting him. I wouldn't be surprised if his future wife wants nothing to do with him after this.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1026  
Old 12-21-2010, 02:36 PM
mattep74's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vasteras, Sweden
Posts: 456
Since when did everyone start beliving what Johan T Lindwall writes regarding Madeleines feelings towards Sofia. His stories are about as trustworthy sometimes as Astrid Lindgren or David Weber
__________________
-------------------------------------------------
"My feelings are all over the place." Prince Daniel express his feelings after announcing the birth of his daughter Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary
  #1027  
Old 12-21-2010, 04:23 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Two things about this post - first it's a pretty sweeping generalization to say that anyone claiming to behave with some dignity and decorum is lying. I don't claim to be perfect, have done many things I am not proud of and, under the influence of alcohol, danced on a few tables in my youth. But I still encounter people with the same attitude that you express when I tell them that I have never done any illegal drug. Never smoked a joint, never did coke, never popped pills. Just never saw the need. And most of the people I have ever known have done at least something. You may believe what you wish, but I encourage you to allow that it is possible for someone to be completely truthful is saying that they never got carried away. And it doesn't mean that they are boring or a prude. It is just their choice.

Secondly, Sofia is the one who chose to put herself into the position she finds herself. She made that choice to become a public figure (just like she hoped to do as she has previously stated) by dating a public figure. Much of the hoopla had died down after her underage topless pictures were publicized. But there were even more examples of her choices as evidenced by this latest batch of photos. Her choices and her character are being scrutinized in terms of their appropriateness to her relationship. Telling people to give her a "little rest" and be a "perfectly normal human being" is close to telling them to keep their opinions to themselves, or simply to shut up. Also, there are thousands of perfectly normal human beings who have been drinking in an establishment with poles and who haven't chosen to dance around them. Again, they made a different choice.

As Moninka stated in a previous post, she doesn't have similar pictures of herself and she is younger than Sofia. It's possible that Moninka has never partied as hard as Sofia (again a choice - right or wrong) and, as you stated, got "carried away" (also a choice). It is equally as likely that the dignity Moninka claims to have was part of the reason she made the choices she did.
OK, I don't want to start fighting here, but you seem to have misunderstood something here.

First, I won't ever raise an eyebrow and state that you're lying, when you tell me, that you never have done illegal drugs. You're right when you say you never saw the need to take them. I'm completely on your side with that, because I've never done them, too. So why are you even bring them up? I didn't do it in my posting nor did I ever read Sofia glorifying drugs, so why are they popping up in yours? I don't get it.

Secondly, I never said anyone is boring or prude because they aren't hardcore-partyqueens every weekend, but I do say, everyone of us did get carried away at least once in our life. And I don't mean just on parties. No-one here can tell me, she has never had a girls-day/-night/-weekend in her entire life, where you got carried away and goofed around, did silly things like tossing popcorn to that cute guy in front of you in the cinema or pushing a friend into the pool and laughing about them splashing around and swearing. That's what I call "getting carried away", too. Not just parties and alcohol and drugs. And I bet there's at least one funny picture of everyone of you existing that you would rather have destroid because you're embarrassed of the picture now even if you wasn't in the moment it was taken. Those moments I call "living your life to the fullest" and "getting carried away", just the same as partying all night. What's wrong with those moments? Why are they bad, when it comes to Sofia? Honestly, I don't get it. Isn't she allowed to life a normal life? Are you sure Moninka (for example, because you used her too) only laughed silently, behind a raised hand, while sitting well mannered in a white dress on her stool, while her friends goofed around?

Thirdly, what's so bad in being a public figure? There isn't a law that forbids you to be one. So why is anyone holding it against her that she wants to play in the spotlight? If someone doesn't like that, he/she can look away. I did that every time when someone I didn't like placed themselves into the spotlight. I just ignored him/her. Plain and simple. Makes your life a lot easier, but lets that certain someone room enough to live her/his own life like he/she thinks is best for him/her. So, you don't like Sofia? It's perfectly okay. You (and everyone who doesn't like her too) don't have to. But it's not okay to imply she's cheap or doesn't have a goal in life or doesn't have a good character or whatever. Because simply, we don't really know her.

Fourthly, partying hard isn't a proof that you don't have dignity and dancing around a pole (like someone after you wrote) doesn't mean you're just plain vulgar. We are not in the 1930s, 1950s or whatever (like the same someone said correctly). Today poledance is considered a sport, too, and goofing around pole doesn't mean you have hooker-ambitions.

Fifthly, I never wrote or meant "shut up", but just "give her a rest" once in a while and don't flog her every time she sticks her nose out of her privat four walls. Because it seams like she can't even breathe good enough for the most people around the Internet (not just here but on other sites, too) whenever she appears somewhere. She's bad when she has fun with CP, when she runs errands and when she does charity. No-one does ever give her the benefit of doubt. Why? Maybe because she isn't everybody's darling Emma?

Sixthly, this answer got way longer then I planned it to be. Again, I don't want to start fighting here. I just wanted to make myself clearer and at least giving Sofia the benefit of doubt even if I may be the only one. Someone has to and I grew up with the rules "Don't prejudice someone before you know him/her really" and "Give everyone a fair chance". And guess what? It brought me through life perfectly even if I myself "got carried away" and enjoyed life every now and then. It is possible to be a worthy person and have your embarrassing few moments. The world doesn't stop spinning if it happens.

Sevenths, flog me, yell at me or whatever else you want to do to me, but I'm just waiting for an engagement of Sofia and Carl Philip. To be honest, I will punch the air if that happens, because I think in a time where monarchies are questioned more and more it's way more important for their members to find a person who they really love than to find one who's worthy and equal. Because when the monarchy in Sweden (for example) would end, Carl Philip would have at least a wife he really loves and not one that suits a monarchy that wouldn't exist anymore. Regardless if this wife is called Emma Pernald, Sofia Hellqvist or something entirely else.

And now I just shut up, because this answer is really getting way to long.
__________________
  #1028  
Old 12-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Madeleine has been out of the country for god knows how long, and now she dictates who attends the royal christmas?
She is looking more and more like a spoilt brat.
Bet she's jealous of Sofia.
I think it is a problem to be speculating that one royal is jealous of another or in this case you are thinking out loud that Madeleine should be jealous.

The problem is that this speculation has no bearing in reality.

I can presume that when Victoria marries Daniel she is probably loving him.

But it is simply so unlikely to think Madeleine should be jealous of Sofia.

a) Sofia is not having any positive press of any kind.
b) Sofie and Carl P are not engaged therefor it is impossible and Medeleine has no say in this.

By the way I like your quote. Søren Kierkegaard?
__________________
  #1029  
Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Madeleine has been out of the country for god knows how long, and now she dictates who attends the royal christmas?
She is looking more and more like a spoilt brat.
Bet she's jealous of Sofia.
It certainly looks that way lately, but what proof do we have that all that's written has really happened like that. I bet a lot is just made up by the press. Especially the "Madeleine decides who's allowed to come to celebrate xmas with the family"-headline. If anything, she may have said "I don't want to meet this Sofia-girl on xmas. If she shows up I'm out of the party (and of into the park, building a giant snowman, until she's gone again )"

But if it's true that she's constantly complaining when it comes to Sofia, maybe you're right with your bet about maybe she's just jealous. It's not completely illogical. I mean, look at the situation through her eyes for a moment. There is this new girl in her brothers life, that she doesn't really know, whereas she's still very good friends with his Ex and certainly will be in the future. She's stuck in the middle between her brother (with a new girlfriend in tow) and a friend and maybe she just feels like she doesn't know who she should be more loyal to. Her brother (which means being open and polite to the new girlfriend) or her friend (which means bitching about the new girl in her friends Ex's life). So she just chooses to ignore the new girl. And all that while she's still heartbroken herself.

And then there is her own situation with the broken engagement, all the heartbroken feelings, the unwanted attention because of it, the pain of not being allowed to really grieve a failed relationship that almost lasted ten years (I mean, how could anyone ever think she would be blissfully happy again at Victorias wedding or at the end of the summer-holidays? If she would have been, there would have never been really deep feelings for that long for Jonas). A perfectly understandable situation to be jealous of the girl she doesn't like, but who has what she doesn't have at the moment: a boyfriend that loves her and fights for her.

And to top all this of this off there's the scandal around her farther when everything seemed to have quited down a little. It's no wonder that she's hurting and biting in every direction like a wounded animal. Heaven knows, I would do it too if I was in her shoes. And I would flee the country too if I could in a situation like that. I mean, it's not as if she's just making a months-long holiday on taxpayers money. She works for the same charity-organisation for that she's been working at for years. Now she just does it in New York and not in Stockholm.

And honestly, no-one can blame her for not wanting to meet Sofia. It may not be a nice situation for Carl Philip but he simply has to accept it. He can't force his sister to like his new girlfriend, just like Madeleine can't force him to get rid of her. Both just have to accept the decision the other one made, if they don't want a full-blown fight about it. Plain and simple. And believe me, I know how this special situation is for Madeleine, because when my sister cheated on her boyfriend years ago and presented us with a new guy at her side suddenly I wasn't all that happy about meeting him either (whereas now I really, really like him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I think it is a problem to be speculating that one royal is jealous of another or in this case you are thinking out loud that Madeleine should be jealous.

The problem is that this speculation has no bearing in reality.

I can presume that when Victoria marries Daniel she is probably loving him.

But it is simply so unlikely to think Madeleine should be jealous of Sofia.

a) Sofia is not having any positive press of any kind.
b) Sofie and Carl P are not engaged therefor it is impossible and Medeleine has no say in this.
Oh, I think Madeleine has one big thing to be jealous of, because Sofia has one thing she doesn't have at the moment: a boyfriend who loves her and fights for her, whereas she is still hurting from the loss of the dream of starting a family of her own with a man she has loved for years. Just read what I wrote to Lumutqueens post above. That's a little more detailed.
__________________
  #1030  
Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
The irony in all of this is that Emma seems to have moved on already also. (Wasn't she with a new guy at the concert before VicDan's wedding?)

I didn't feel one way or another about Emma either. She was so laid-back and out of the limelight (I assumed that was how she/CP/or both wanted it to be) to be almost boring. I'm sure she is also a lovely person as well as Sofia. But IMHO, CP should move on to someone with "credentials" similar to Emma and the "va-va-voom" of Sofia and who has a history of discretion and good judgement.
__________________
  #1031  
Old 12-21-2010, 07:06 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 561
Well, then let's put a bit of Emma and a bit of Sofia into a bowl, twirl them around for a while, put the whole thing into the oven for a while and voilà: There's the perfect woman for Carl-Philip. What more could he wish for for christmas?
__________________
  #1032  
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Well, then let's put a bit of Emma and a bit of Sofia into a bowl, twirl them around for a while, put the whole thing into the oven for a while and voilà: There's the perfect woman for Carl-Philip. What more could he wish for for christmas?
LOL...if only it were that easy KitKat2006!....the perfect recipe for a princess hehehe
__________________
  #1033  
Old 12-21-2010, 07:28 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 561
And isn't it nice that we finally agree on something?
__________________
  #1034  
Old 12-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Esmerelda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Since when did everyone start beliving what Johan T Lindwall writes regarding Madeleines feelings towards Sofia. His stories are about as trustworthy sometimes as Astrid Lindgren or David Weber
Yeah, I've been wondering where this guy gets his information from..
__________________
  #1035  
Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I think it is a problem to be speculating that one royal is jealous of another or in this case you are thinking out loud that Madeleine should be jealous.

The problem is that this speculation has no bearing in reality.

I can presume that when Victoria marries Daniel she is probably loving him.

But it is simply so unlikely to think Madeleine should be jealous of Sofia.

a) Sofia is not having any positive press of any kind.
b) Sofie and Carl P are not engaged therefor it is impossible and Medeleine has no say in this.

By the way I like your quote. Søren Kierkegaard?
Everything I say about royals is 99% specualtion, that's all we can do. It's what everyone does, so why are you bringing me specifically into this argument.
Might be unlikely in your mind, but it isn't in mine.

Which quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Why do you think she's jealous of her??
Madeleine has a lot going for her and I highly doubt she's jealous of a girl with such a raunchy past.
What exactly does Madeleine have going for her other than a title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I think Madeleine is in a bad situation because she's still best friends with Emma.
So it's likely that she's measuring her brothers girlfriends against Emma. I've heard that Madde and Carl Philip are very close, so it's likely to that the girl Carl dates will have to measure against her standards because she loves her brother so much and she wants the best for him. I don't see a problem with that.
If she's comparing Emma to Sofia then, IMO, that's horrible. Sofia is her own person, as is Emma, why compare the two? There's caring, and then there's interfering in your brothers wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I feel sorry for Carl Phillips wife...he's not even thinking about how this relationship is tainting him. I wouldn't be surprised if his future wife wants nothing to do with him after this.
What if his future wife is Sofia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
It certainly looks that way lately, but what proof do we have that all that's written has really happened like that. I bet a lot is just made up by the press. Especially the "Madeleine decides who's allowed to come to celebrate xmas with the family"-headline. If anything, she may have said "I don't want to meet this Sofia-girl on xmas. If she shows up I'm out of the party (and of into the park, building a giant snowman, until she's gone again )"
Yes, we don't know that all this is made up, but when it comes to Madeleine I could easily believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
And then there is her own situation with the broken engagement, all the heartbroken feelings, the unwanted attention because of it, the pain of not being allowed to really grieve a failed relationship that almost lasted ten years (I mean, how could anyone ever think she would be blissfully happy again at Victorias wedding or at the end of the summer-holidays? If she would have been, there would have never been really deep feelings for that long for Jonas). A perfectly understandable situation to be jealous of the girl she doesn't like, but who has what she doesn't have at the moment: a boyfriend that loves her and fights for her.
I can feel sympathy for someone who has had a broken engagement, but IMO this is taking sympathy to a whole new level. She's escaped her own country, missed the biggest event in the Swedish calendar and done barely anything since. She loves the limelight and she got a lot of attention when Jonas cheated, but now it's faded and shifted towards the new "bad" girl on the scene.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
And honestly, no-one can blame her for not wanting to meet Sofia. It may not be a nice situation for Carl Philip but he simply has to accept it. He can't force his sister to like his new girlfriend, just like Madeleine can't force him to get rid of her. Both just have to accept the decision the other one made, if they don't want a full-blown fight about it. Plain and simple. And believe me, I know how this special situation is for Madeleine, because when my sister cheated on her boyfriend years ago and presented us with a new guy at her side suddenly I wasn't all that happy about meeting him either (whereas now I really, really like him)
He can't force her to like her, and she can't force him to get rid of her. But it's nice to be polite isn't it?
It's like introducing the ex to the present misses, you're polite no matter what happens. Look at Mary meeting one of Frederiks many exes?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1036  
Old 12-22-2010, 09:58 AM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,354
It's doubtful that Princess Madeline is jealous of Sofia. She doesn't like what Sofia has done which is very different than being jealous of her. At least that my impression of the situation.

I also doubt that Princess Madeline decided that Sofia wasn't coming for Christmas unless the Christmas celebrations for the family were being held in her home or residence.
__________________
  #1037  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Moninka's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 18
In my opinion Sofia and CP will celebrate together another day. Did Daniel or Jonas celebrate Christmas in Drottningholm with royal family before the engagement? I don't think so.
__________________
  #1038  
Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
marie45se's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Katrineholm, Sweden
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moninka View Post
In my opinion Sofia and CP will celebrate together another day. Did Daniel or Jonas celebrate Christmas in Drottningholm with royal family before the engagement? I don't think so.
Your right Daniel or Jonas or Emma hasn´t celebrated xmas with the family not even after Daniel and Jonas got engaged too the girls. So... Take it as a rumour
__________________
  #1039  
Old 12-27-2010, 05:08 AM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
What exactly does Madeleine have going for her other than a title?

If she's comparing Emma to Sofia then, IMO, that's horrible. Sofia is her own person, as is Emma, why compare the two? There's caring, and then there's interfering in your brothers wishes.

What if his future wife is Sofia?

Yes, we don't know that all this is made up, but when it comes to Madeleine I could easily believe it

I can feel sympathy for someone who has had a broken engagement, but IMO this is taking sympathy to a whole new level. She's escaped her own country, missed the biggest event in the Swedish calendar and done barely anything since. She loves the limelight and she got a lot of attention when Jonas cheated, but now it's faded and shifted towards the new "bad" girl on the scene.
Why are you so hard on Madeleine?? If you don't mind me asking. I respect your opinion and I would like to know why is it so easy to believe that she would want everything her way and that she's a spoiled brat? How do you know she loves the limelight? Maybe Madeleines confidence is being mistaken for love of attention.

A broken engagement is a very serious thing. One doesn't get over it so easily. I know an old woman who died at the age of 88 and her engagement was broken when she was 25 years old and yet it still haunted her until the day she died. I know a couple of women who have had broken engagements and let me tell you it's not easy to get over. We don't know the extent of Madeleines feelings for Jonas...and we don't how hurt she really is. I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to get away from her country...Sweden's not very big, it's not like the US, so I could understand her taking a break somewhere away from her country. I don't think Madeleines shifting toward the "bad girl" (as you put it). I think she doesn't like what Sofia had done and nothings wrong with that. The closer you are to someone the more protective you are of them. I've heard the Carl Philip and Madde are so super close so it's not surprising if she has opinions about the relationship.

To honestly answer your question, it's not about what Madeleine has going for her. It's about why would she want to be jealous of Sofia. Madeleine has a title, she has a nice body, she has a family who loves her, she's never had to degrade herself by posing nude etc, and I'm sure she could get any guy she wants. I personally think she loves her brother and she wants the best for him.

I think we could cut her some slack:)
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1040  
Old 12-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5

Why are you so hard on Madeleine?? If you don't mind me asking. I respect your opinion and I would like to know why is it so easy to believe that she would want everything her way and that she's a spoiled brat? How do you know she loves the limelight? Maybe Madeleines confidence is being mistaken for love of attention.
Because to me she looks like the spoiled brat type, she's never done anything really substantial to show that she's nothing but someone who lives off her title. I'm not hard on her, it's not like my opinion counts in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
A broken engagement is a very serious thing. One doesn't get over it so easily. I know an old woman who died at the age of 88 and her engagement was broken when she was 25 years old and yet it still haunted her until the day she died. I know a couple of women who have had broken engagements and let me tell you it's not easy to get over.
I'm not saying that a broken engagement isn't a tragic thing, I'm saying IMO Madeleine has taken this broken engagement too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
We don't know the extent of Madeleines feelings for Jonas...and we don't how hurt she really is. I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to get away from her country...Sweden's not very big, it's not like the US, so I could understand her taking a break somewhere away from her country.
Escaping for a two week break fair enough, but she's been gone for months. She missed the Nobel Prize ceremony which was unacceptable to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
I don't think Madeleines shifting toward the "bad girl" (as you put it). I think she doesn't like what Sofia had done and nothings wrong with that. The closer you are to someone the more protective you are of them. I've heard the Carl Philip and Madde are so super close so it's not surprising if she has opinions about the relationship.
I didn't mean Madeleine was turning into a bad girl, I meant that Madeleine was jealous that she is no longer getting attention and Sofia (bad girl) is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
To honestly answer your question, it's not about what Madeleine has going for her. It's about why would she want to be jealous of Sofia. Madeleine has a title, she has a nice body, she has a family who loves her, she's never had to degrade herself by posing nude etc, and I'm sure she could get any guy she wants. I personally think she loves her brother and she wants the best for him.

I think we could cut her some slack:)
You said that Madeleine has got a lot going for her, so what does she have other than her looks and title?
If she can get any man, why did one cheat on her?
She's never had to degrade herself because everything had been handed to her. However this is going a little off topic :)
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 2016 06-27-2014 11:18 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]