Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has dated a Prince for over a year is girlfriend material at the very least. Whatever the girlfriend does becomes news. If the girlfriend decided to go to school to study pet grooming or whatever, it would be news. If she decided to major in business at college, this would be news. If people are interested in the Prince, they generally are interesting in what his girlfriend is doing.

It is interesting that in this interview of Sofia from May 2009, she doesn´t say anything about studying in NY. She just said that she always aims very high in what she does. Then she aimed to dedicate her time to others, working in Africa for some time, and maybe get her own yoga studio eventually. Her life can change in a day and she thought it is a bit of the fun of it all. She had a then a boyfriend with a four-year-old son.
Sofia från Älvdalen trivs i New York | Dala-Demokraten

About Realtid.se - is it a serious page, I don´t see any difference with Expressen of Aftonbladet. Realtid.se told e.g. that germans are interested in Sofia´s toplessphotos and that Sofia´s photos maybe at this year´s Slitz yearbook.

Last edited:
It´s still a difference

Anyone who has dated a Prince for over a year is girlfriend material at the very least. Whatever the girlfriend does becomes news. If the girlfriend decided to go to school to study pet grooming or whatever, it would be news. If she decided to major in business at college, this would be news. If people are interested in the Prince, they generally are interesting in what his girlfriend is doing.

I agree with you, but you have to be perfectly clear that there is a big difference when "Hovet offentliggjort" (The Royal court declared) the relationship, and when the press officer admitted that the prince hanging out with a girl. It may seem strange, but in Sweden is the official record is very important.

Last edited:
Not just in Sweden. In Britain, the Court Circular is the official organ for such news. It's even online.

Karisma, thank you for the link; so the source is actually an interview with Barbro Ehnbom on the occasion in June 2010 when the photo I linked of her and Sofia Hellqvist was taken as well.
Ehnbom is in no way a 'mentor' connected to the Royal Court in the same way Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg was understood to be CP Victoria's mentor.
Ehnbom is a wealthy American-Swedish business woman and company advisor who takes young women under her wings who want to start their own businesses (and possibly helped Miss Hellqvist in setting up and financing the 'Drop of Mindfulness' sportswear line in this capacity).
She might be an enterpreneurial 'mentor', meaning business advisor, but this has nothing to do whatsoever with mentors to Royals as described by you.

Sportswear line and charity work in Africa seems to me a celebrity "job" and not a serious business.

As far as I know has been done in all the Royal Court as far back as I can remember. But let us mention the most recent. Charlene Wittstock Had PR agents for many years. Kate Middleton had a mentor during the time she and Prince William had a knot in the thread and the prince mingled with other girls.

In Christian countries, we are living after Jesus words. When he met a crowd who were going to stone a woman to death Jesus said: "He who is without sin should throw the first stone"? I´m not!

Thank you Karisma.
This is interesting. Famous girlfriends needs PR agents and mentors in order to handle their public images and image makeover when they are actually doing nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sportswear line and charity work in Africa seems to me a celebrity "job" and not a serious business.

If you really think those a celebrity "jobs" you don't have a clue how hard those jobs really are. Because they're much more than just a few hours fun and "looking good for others" per week.

Here a pic of Barbro Ehnbom with a more decent Sofia. But her smile is so "Look at me, look at me!"

Svensk Damtidning Nr 28 2010.pdf

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wunderweib.de%2Fstarsundfreizeit%2Fadel%2Fartikel-1302784-adel%2FPrinzessin-Madeleine-hilft-in-Afrika.html

Would you say that about this smile too? Because in my eyes it the exact same smile. And when you say you won't say the same thing about my example then why is that, hm? Because in my eyes both woman are simply smiling into the camera. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Thank you Karisma.
This is interesting. Famous girlfriends needs PR agents and mentors in order to handle their public images and image makeover when they are actually doing nothing.

"Doing nothing" is usually used as epithet on the royaltys of the people who want to implement republic and do not understand that it is tiring to stand in the spotlight. Several of my friends, prominent cultural workers, are also often told that "they do nothing." So can´t I see it either in the monarchy, public relations or cultural work. They are all doing a good job.

Here a pic of Barbro Ehnbom with a more decent Sofia. But her smile is so "Look at me, look at me!"

Svensk Damtidning Nr 28 2010.pdf

I see a beautiful dressed smiling woman called Sofia Hellqvist next to Barbro Ehnbom. But I do not see anything of what You see in Sofia's smile. But I'm of course not a mind reader or particularly imaginative ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that famous girlfriends now need a PR person. I suppose the next thing they will need will be a private attorney. How times have changed. You wonder how the girlfriends back in the day handles things. None of them to my knowledge had a PR person.

Nowdays they need such advice

Interesting that famous girlfriends now need a PR person. I suppose the next thing they will need will be a private attorney. How times have changed. You wonder how the girlfriends back in the day handles things. None of them to my knowledge had a PR person.

With all due respect, nascarlucy: The intense press coverage and paparazzi was an unknown term "old days". Princess Diana would have needed such advice. Today you can not find a single "ordinary individual" who marries royally and do not have mentors. Since it is different how open the various royal courts are. The only thing we know officially is that Sofia have a mentor.

Last edited:
Things have changed a lot, media-wise, in just the past 10 years. There's so much more coverage, and the paparazzi have branched into social networking media, twitter, etc - so many venues for coverage. Indeed, this forum is not ancient - and we're all here (most of us daily or almost daily) seeking news/information on Royals - there are people who want to oblige us.

This certainly was not the case before television - and even in the early days of television, there weren't that many news outlets. Very different today.

In a world of 24hr news coverage plus the internet and blogs, it is not a bad idea for anybody, not just those dating royalty but also dating famous people, to have some help around them. I believe Kate got some help from those within the royal family when she was having problems.

Today you can not find a single "ordinary individual" who marries royally and do not have mentors. Since it is different how open the various royal courts are. The only thing we know officially is that Sofia have a mentor.
Who's marrying 'royally' here?;)
I don't understand at all why you continue to make it sound as if Barbro Ehnbom was a ‘mentor’ in the tradition of royal mentors like Tarras-Wahlberg was to CP Victoria;
as if the Swedish Court provided Miss Hellqvist with a mentor;
and as if the Court officially confirmed that she has one -
- because none of this is true.

Ehnbom is neither a PR advisor nor a mentor in any sense related to Royalty.
She is a Swedish-American businesswoman who has a small organization which supports and advises several young women who want to start their own businesses in Sweden.
(Some tabloids reported last year that Miss Hellqvist did employ a PR agency to give her PR advice - if I remember correctly, the agency's owner was in some way connected to her modeling jobs - and maybe that's where that 'PR agent' tale originated.)
Those are the facts.

Read better, Boris

Who's marrying 'royally' here?;)
I don't understand at all why you continue to make it sound as if Barbro Ehnbom was a ‘mentor’ in the tradition of royal mentors like Tarras-Wahlberg was to CP Victoria;
as if the Swedish Court provided Miss Hellqvist with a mentor;
and as if the Court officially confirmed that she has one -
- because none of this is true.

Ehnbom is neither a PR advisor nor a mentor in any sense related to Royalty.
She is a Swedish-American businesswoman who has a small organization which supports and advises several young women who want to start their own businesses in Sweden.
(Some tabloids reported last year that Miss Hellqvist did employ a PR agency to give her PR advice - if I remember correctly, the agency's owner was in some way connected to her modeling jobs - and maybe that's where that 'PR agent' tale originated.)
Those are the facts.

What blur you on Boris? Have you actually read all my posts? There I emphasize again and again is that;

- Sofia, who is a private (buisness?) person, having a mentor
- No public notice is from the court
- I only see Sofia, at the very moment, as one person who socialize in circles around Prince Carl-Philip..

There are however other persons who hunt Sofia in pure personal attacks and expresses themself in terms of Sofia already is a princess. I do not exist among those members, but the more I am a person who tries to find the nuances. I suggest you read more of my posts before you write next reply. Then it will probably be more correct.

Last edited:
Karisma, you must certainly realize that it's you who replied to the question why Miss Hellqvist woluld habe a mentor that in other royal families, the official girlfriends of Royals (who later became their wives) had mentors and that Miss H. has one 'officially' as well...
...which of course implied the aspects I mentioned above, and led to a whole discussion about royal mentors and PR advisors, although Ehnbom is in neither of these capacities.
My post was written based on the implications of your comments, not ignoring them.

Girlfriends

Karisma, you must certainly realize that it's you who replied to the question why Miss Hellqvist woluld habe a mentor that in other royal families, the official girlfriends of Royals (who later became their wives) had mentors and that Miss H. has one 'officially' as well...
...which of course implied the aspects I mentioned above, and led to a whole discussion about royal mentors and PR advisors, although Ehnbom is in neither of these capacities.
My post was written based on the implications of your comments, not ignoring them.

Well, it must have been some misunderstanding. I replied that even girl- and boyfriends to Royals have mentors - even if they not are going to involve in deeper relations. I, myself. had a mentorship in my Youth, for certin things.

Looking at all news and headlines during the last 2 -3 weeks (CP and Sofia moving together, Sofia spending holiday time with the King and Queen at the boat, staying in St Maxime, being invited at the Sommerlath wedding, Madde being "forced" to spend time with Sofia..... this only leads into ONE DIRECTION imho -- and this will be an announcement, most probably in autumn.

I have to admit, I am not a fan of Sofia myself -- especially after I found out, that there is not only the snake picture, but the NUDE picture as well.... really far away from being Princess Material.

But: Carl Philipp is fighting for her, so it seems, as if she is "the one" for him. And the Queen and King are helping. Well, they cannot afford another scandal at the moment, so it seems, that they rather decided to accept her and trying to unify the family (at least officially) than having even more feed for the gossip press.

I for myself stay with the fact, that I am not happy with CPs choice. Nevertheless I am not sure, if she deserved all this really, really negative feedback on her as person.
Ok, she did mistakes, ok, she did everything to become famous, but that was "earlier". Since she is dating the Prince (I am forgetting her facbook message now) it seems, that she has leared some lessons really quickly, including "keep your mouth shut", "do Charity", "dress properly" and "study".

I will lean back now, waiting for the announcement and will look interestingly, how she is behaving from now on.... ther is still a looooong way for her to go, but imho she is getting better and better on her way to become Princess Material one (distant) day.

BYe Bine

I would think that anyone fortunate enough to date someone who is a Prince or Royalty would want to put their best foot forward. If they don't have a tarnished reputation, then one would do everything in their power to gain favor among the parents of the royals and the public. If they have a tarnished reputation they would do everything they could to change that image. People are more receptive to someone with a tarnished reputation who admits their shortcomings and tries to be or do better. Actions speak louder than words.

It's when the person isn't genine about it or is doing this just to get something out it, when people see right through it. The old saying, The Truth always come out even if it takes a long time is very true. Hard for me to tell if Sofia is genine or not. Time will tell though. I think she will have to prove this to the King and Queen and others as well.

Bine221 said:
Looking at all news and headlines during the last 2 -3 weeks (CP and Sofia moving together, Sofia spending holiday time with the King and Queen at the boat, staying in St Maxime, being invited at the Sommerlath wedding, Madde being "forced" to spend time with Sofia..... this only leads into ONE DIRECTION imho -- and this will be an announcement, most probably in autumn.

I have to admit, I am not a fan of Sofia myself -- especially after I found out, that there is not only the snake picture, but the NUDE picture as well.... really far away from being Princess Material.

But: Carl Philipp is fighting for her, so it seems, as if she is "the one" for him. And the Queen and King are helping. Well, they cannot afford another scandal at the moment, so it seems, that they rather decided to accept her and trying to unify the family (at least officially) than having even more feed for the gossip press.

I for myself stay with the fact, that I am not happy with CPs choice. Nevertheless I am not sure, if she deserved all this really, really negative feedback on her as person.
Ok, she did mistakes, ok, she did everything to become famous, but that was "earlier". Since she is dating the Prince (I am forgetting her facbook message now) it seems, that she has leared some lessons really quickly, including "keep your mouth shut", "do Charity", "dress properly" and "study".

I will lean back now, waiting for the announcement and will look interestingly, how she is behaving from now on.... ther is still a looooong way for her to go, but imho she is getting better and better on her way to become Princess Material one (distant) day.

BYe Bine

I don't think she's the one. Men do not marry women like Sofia..at least that's from my general point of view. I don't trust Sofia. She wants to be seen and heard so badly, but the way she's going about it is pathetic.

Wasn't it Frederick and Felipe who dated "wild" women before they married?

Felipe certainly dated, Sofia "type" women before he married. It is possible however, that Carl Philip may marry Sofia regardless, of his family’s private and the publics' opinion.

Felipe certainly dated, Sofia "type" women before he married. It is possible however, that Carl Philip may marry Sofia regardless, of his family’s private and the publics' opinion.

And he's right to do so. It's HIS life so it's HIS decision when, whom and where and even IF he marries (just like Felipe, Frederik and every other prince/princess too). Regardless of who he is. We're living in modern times and not in the dark mediaval where royal marriages had political backgrounds.

But don't forget: Neither CP nor Sofia ever talked about marriage. Their just a couple. That's all for now. Nothing more, nothing less. So why even talk about marriage?

And he's right to do so. It's HIS life so it's HIS decision when, whom and where and even IF he marries (just like Felipe, Frederik and every other prince/princess too). Regardless of who he is. We're living in modern times and not in the dark mediaval where royal marriages had political backgrounds.

But don't forget: Neither CP nor Sofia ever talked about marriage. Their just a couple. That's all for now. Nothing more, nothing less. So why even talk about marriage?

I agree with everything you wrote. How can it be so difficult to understand the difference between socializing and oficiell have a position as prince CP's girlfriend is great. No one has indicated anything but that they socialize and whatever scandal the press about romance and the wild imagination of some members of TRF has been so for right now nothing more than that the prince hanging out with Sofia. Engagement or wedding plans do not exist prior to publication.

Last edited:
I was not implying that Carl Philip does not have a right to date whom ever he wishes, as yes it is HIS life. I was just responding that Felipe dated Sofia "type" women.

i think the admin/moderators should create a discussion thread for the relationship between prince carl philip and sophia, and keep this thread free for press reports. (i would do it but it proberly get deleted or locked by them) :ermm:

Hmmm, one can't blame Sofia for being in love with him, right? He IS a really, really hot guy . Prince or not (the woman took great photos). And what a nice surprise to stumple upon a real prince while just enjoying a beer. Or rather to be stumpled upon oneself by the prince without him even knowing.

Is there a reason why you mentioned the tattoos? Because I can't see them on those two pictures. And also tattoos aren't a vulgar thing these days. So what reason do you have to mention them?

Tatoo´s

Tattooing is something that is very modern now. Although I am personally not a fan of these body ornaments so I do not think that there is anything that evaluating other people based on whether they have a tattoo or not.

Exactly Karisma. That's what I meant and why I asked why Duke mentioned the tattoos.

And it's just interest, Duke. I don't mean my question as an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom