The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Commoner

I think every person has the right to have opinions, it is ok.

I agree, Carl Philip needs to look with his heart. I am sure there is a girl out there calling for his soul somewhere, one that is honest with him. Perhaps he is not ready for her yet and needs to get his own things done before he can go on with his life.
I really just hope though that Sofia is not manipulating him for her own cause. Even if he knows what he is doing, she is too and only one of them can be "winner" in the end, I mean if she got pregnant..(girls can manage that if they really want to) ..so I just can wish Carl Philip not to go too far with his play and be really careful. And he should not go on too long like that, it is not good for his own ability to love someone deeply later. A relationship that is based on lust and sex and is being lived quite some time (with the press and public talking about love) both could perhaps start to think what they have IS love...which is not.

I am sure the right girl for Carl Philip is already out there and deep down in his soul he knows that hopefully.

(about Jonas: he is not part of the Royal Family and he is not even connected to them any longer, so what he has done only reflects on him, not on the Swedish Royals in general. I even think people have even more sympathy for Medeleine now than before a wedding.)

Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust View Post
Obviously he must be ashamed and I don't think he loves her or that it is really serious for him. She was not at his birthday dinner last night and she is not mentioned on Victorias Wedding Guest List. If there were feelings and both were a couple he would have insisted that she is invited.
Ohh come on! Thereīs just no way that Carl-Philip could invite his girlfriend to Victorias wedding (maybe he would have been able to with Emman but only beacause they had been partners for so long and where more or less official) the press would be all over the poor girl. And you or I donīt know anything about their relations - only the stuff that we read in the newspapers, wich you canīt really trust - so donīt say that you know what kind of girl she is or what she or he feels. We can only speculate - but we canīt be sure. Only time will tell.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Courtier

I don't see CP as naive or anything like that, he must be around thirty so he is experienced. And he knows the reputation of his girlfriend so he knows where he was getting into, if she catches him with a pregnancy he is a fool then. Imo they are just using each other, but who know maybe they will end married although I really doubt it.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
Ohh come on! Thereīs just no way that Carl-Philip could invite his girlfriend to Victorias wedding (maybe he would have been able to with Emman but only beacause they had been partners for so long and where more or less official) the press would be all over the poor girl. And you or I donīt know anything about their relations - only the stuff that we read in the newspapers, wich you canīt really trust - so donīt say that you know what kind of girl she is or what she or he feels. We can only speculate - but we canīt be sure. Only time will tell.
As far as I know, Emma and Jonas are even invited! Emma is still friends with the sisters but ...she is also Carls Ex! She is even invited and Jonas too. It is not said that they show up but to me this is a clear answer on Sofia, after all she is not!
And by the way the press never wrote anything about Carl not loving that girl, it is rather the other way round and yes, right, they don't know anything.
Just the fact that Carl Philip still is hiding with her makes me come to the conclusion that there can't be love (with all the public voices on the case)
Carl has to know what he is doing, true! Actually...we all think that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
I don't see CP as naive or anything like that, he must be around thirty so he is experienced. And he knows the reputation of his girlfriend so he knows where he was getting into, if she catches him with a pregnancy he is a fool then. Imo they are just using each other, but who know maybe they will end married although I really doubt it.
I think age has nothing to do with a guy going naive or in the worst case "stupid" when it comes to a certain girl. That is the "weapon of a woman"-thing and is created by nature. Even the smartest man can go gaga for a woman.

I had a look at the official calender and saw that Carl Philip has only a few official duties to do during the whole year ???!!! Why? Is he too busy? (yeah, with Sofia, obviously). He can't be studying as he is too often somewhere else. He does not have a job. (designing one or two things in one year is not "working", but a hobby that he gets paid for), and he has car-races every 2nd weekend until October.
One could think this Prince cares for nothing but himself. I also don't think that his "charity work" is his idea but is orginzed by the Palace. He just gives his name and that's it. One headline in the news to give him a better image in public. But has he ever showed up at the new borns organization or at this Cancer Foundation? He is probably not even interested, let alone does he make those choices by himself.
The Court should involve him more with duties, after all the Tax-Payer pays him.
Look at other Princes in Europe and on what they are doing? They build companies and get up to go to work every morning. I think Carl has his thoughts in the clouds, he enjoys a lot of fun in his life and is only doing things that HE likes. He never has to worry about loosing a job or having no money to live by. I can't imagine that he was raised like that because Victoria is the complete opposite and also Medeleine is doing great work for Childhood. Carl Philip has just too much spare-time for himself. That is why he can keep himself busy with Sofia. I mean: What a life! Car-Racing on Weekends, partying with friends, once in a while a dinner, and a hot girlfriend in bed. He is 31, but I think he still needs to grow up!
Old 05-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with everything PixieDust and CrownPrincess5 have written. Welcome to the Forum Pixie Dust!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Commoner

He is part of the Royal Family of Sweden, he represents Sweden for his part. What would a strange person from a foreign country think of Swedish Poeple when he was told that Carl Philip represents them? Spoiled, just thinking of their own pleasures, paying way too much money for champagne, party, pullute the enviroment with car-racing almost every weekend, not working, and being superficial with model-girlfriends.....(???)
Old 05-15-2010, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I had a look at the official calender and saw that Carl Philip has only a few official duties to do during the whole year ???!!! Why? Is he too busy?
I was checking the calendars of Carl Philip and Madeleine. This year so far Carl Philip has attended 7 official duties (I counted the Winter Olympics as one event and the Swedish Rally as one event) and Madeleine 3 official duties (I counted her work at the Childhood in NY as one).
Old 05-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
As far as I know, Emma and Jonas are even invited! Emma is still friends with the sisters but ...she is also Carls Ex! She is even invited and Jonas too. It is not said that they show up but to me this is a clear answer on Sofia, after all she is not!
And by the way the press never wrote anything about Carl not loving that girl, it is rather the other way round and yes, right, they don't know anything.
Just the fact that Carl Philip still is hiding with her makes me come to the conclusion that there can't be love (with all the public voices on the case)
Carl has to know what he is doing, true! Actually...we all think that....
This list was written before the breakup. The government would'nt of thought to modify the list. Emma is friends with the girls, just because she is Carls Ex shiuldn't stop her from coming to the wedding. We don't know how long they have been seeing each other, but there is no way she would be invited to this wedding. He may not have decided that there relationship is serious yet, they may have not said I Love You yet. Carl Philip has the mind to know that if he announces his relationship with this woman she will be hounded from day to night.

Quote:
I think age has nothing to do with a guy going naive or in the worst case "stupid" when it comes to a certain girl. That is the "weapon of a woman"-thing and is created by nature. Even the smartest man can go gaga for a woman.
Age has everything to do with being naive and stupid. A 12 year old has a different mind friend to a 31 year old don't they?

Quote:
I had a look at the official calender and saw that Carl Philip has only a few official duties to do during the whole year ???!!! Why? Is he too busy? (yeah, with Sofia, obviously). He can't be studying as he is too often somewhere else.
He has pretty much the same duties as Prince William and Prince Harry, I reference them because they are in the same position as him.

Quote:
He does not have a job. (designing one or two things in one year is not "working", but a hobby that he gets paid for), and he has car-races every 2nd weekend until October.
And whats the problem with that?

Quote:
One could think this Prince cares for nothing but himself. I also don't think that his "charity work" is his idea but is orginzed by the Palace. He just gives his name and that's it. One headline in the news to give him a better image in public. But has he ever showed up at the new borns organization or at this Cancer Foundation? He is probably not even interested, let alone does he make those choices by himself.
I don't think that. The palace are obviously going to tell him to do certain events. I don't think it was personally any royals ideas to have there own foundations or visit charities. They are given patronages to look after, they understand they have to do charity work else they will be seen has careless and cold hearted.

Quote:
The Court should involve him more with duties, after all the Tax-Payer pays him.
Look at other Princes in Europe and on what they are doing? They build companies and get up to go to work every morning. I think Carl has his thoughts in the clouds, he enjoys a lot of fun in his life and is only doing things that HE likes. He never has to worry about loosing a job or having no money to live by. I can't imagine that he was raised like that because Victoria is the complete opposite and also Medeleine is doing great work for Childhood. Carl Philip has just too much spare-time for himself. That is why he can keep himself busy with Sofia. I mean: What a life! Car-Racing on Weekends, partying with friends, once in a while a dinner, and a hot girlfriend in bed. He is 31, but I think he still needs to grow up!
No they don't. No other princes of Europe goes to work. They work for their royal family, but they do not have jobs of there own. The only Prince you can really compare CP is Prince Joachim of Denmark, Prince Harry of Wales.

Carl- Philip has done 7 events this year so far, wheres Princess Madeleine has done just 3.Car Racing is a hobbie he shouldn't be criticised for having a hobbie. Prince Frederik has sailing, Prince William and Harry have polo.

Quote:
He is part of the Royal Family of Sweden, he represents Sweden for his part. What would a strange person from a foreign country think of Swedish Poeple when he was told that Carl Philip represents them? Spoiled, just thinking of their own pleasures, paying way too much money for champagne, party, pullute the enviroment with car-racing almost every weekend, not working, and being superficial with model-girlfriends.....(???)
What would they think of our royals?
Prince William nor Harry work that hard with royal duties? Yes they are on training, but they go out at night more than they do royal duties. Neither of there girlfriends are models, but they are pretty much as controversial. You could say that CP doesn't pollute the environment, he goes out car racing not that regulary, whereas every other royal goes out on a daily basis to work.
He is dating a model, how is he being superficial.
He shouldn't be criticised for having a good time, and having a girlfriend. If the royals really minded i'm sure they would've made sure that CP got rid of her.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Commoner

lumutqueen, you seem to compare everything what other Royal Families do with Harry and William. (???)
I have to disagree with you. You can't compare Carl Philip with them. William for example slept in the street with homeless in Winter, they travel to countries where there is war to inform themselves what is going on. Carl Philip does not involve himself in action-charity. Going to the Olympics and a Race is ..still fun.
And I think other Royal Families in Europe do more than what he is doing, if it is just painting a kindergarden on a weekend.
Is it bad if he has fun and does car-racing, actually no. But there is no balance. In his spare time he can do what ever he wants of course but the question is: what is Carl Philips spare time really?
He was born Prince, not his fault. But he has to know, with 31, that he also represents his country as Prince. He should care more about things and not just go where the Palace is directing him. If he is not interested in these things, fine too. But then he should think about resigning from his title. Noone would criticize him ever for the life he is now living because it was his own business. But as I said, people in Sweden pay him in some way.
Just one example: Last week Victoria rushed to Seattle, USA (I think she must have a lot of things to deal with right now), while Carl Philip was car-racing and having Sofia in his apartment to have some fun? (see the photos) This is what I mean with .."no balance".
Old 05-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Aristocracy

To put it mildly: Both, Madeleine and Carl Philip, donīt have the same working ethics as Princess Anne
Of late I am seeing a change, they are both more and more received as spoilt middle aged brats by many and not longer as "students in school"
Will be interesting to see, how the court will react.

I am also wondering, when/if the Prince would finally do something in his function as protector of Lilla Barnet (newborns)

I donīt think he should confirm her as girlfriend before they have not dated for a year at least. He (and also Victoria) went for the same way with Emma (Daniel)
Old 05-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think I can, well I can at least compare him to Harry. There are both princes, they have both been through military training, and they both don't do alot.
Only Harry has been to fight in War Zone, William has never and most likely will never go.
Yes he represents his country, but if his family do nothing to help him represent his country, what can he do? For all we know he could ask every single day for extra work and the palace don't give it too him. He has done more work than Princess Madeleine, he represented his country at the Olympics and supported the atheletes. Yes it might be fun, but it's also work.
Now thats an imbalance, comparing the Crown Princess to the second in line to the throne. If Carl-Philip has reason to rush to seattle i'm sure he would rush to seattle.

Lola comparing a 31 year old male second in line to the throne to Princess Anne is odd. She has been around a lot longer, she is the only girl in her family and she is picking up the slack that Edward nor Andrew forfill in there duties. She has the mentality that she is an actual royal. The BRF and the SRF have two very different ideas about being royalty.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Lola comparing a 31 year old male second in line to the throne to Princess Anne is odd. She has been around a lot longer, she is the only girl in her family and she is picking up the slack that Edward nor Andrew forfill in there duties. She has the mentality that she is an actual royal. The BRF and the SRF have two very different ideas about being royalty.
...in the end it does only count, if the Swedes and British also have an different idea
That the king isnīt really open about the spread of his apanage and that his two younger children are not contributing much, might cause huge problems in the future.
Personally I am not seeing a bigger change in the next 10 years. But time will tell.

BTW if Madeleine and Carl Philip wouldnīt be Royals by heart, they could also go without an apanage and work for their money (like e.g. Prince Constantijn)
Old 05-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
...in the end it does only count, if the Swedes and British also have an different idea
That the king isnīt really open about the spread of his apanage and that his two younger children are not contributing much, might cause huge problems in the future.
Personally I am not seeing a bigger change in the next 10 years. But time will tell.

BTW if Madeleine and Carl Philip wouldnīt be Royals by heart, they could also go without an apanage and work for their money (like e.g. Prince Constantijn)
Well as far as I can see they do more royal work than Prince Constantijn.
I'm not sure what you mean by your first comment?
It obviously makes a difference because Queen Elizabeth runs her family different to the way King Carl Gustav does.
If he isn't open, it's because he hasn't asked to be open. The British only know about the royal families money, because we asked them about it.
It will obviously change as the years go on, as Victoria takes royals from her father, Madeleine and Carl-Philip will have to pick up the slack from Victoria. Just like the boys have started to do in England.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Commoner

Have you ever watched "Superprinsen" ?
Well of course this is comedy with some black humor and it is totally exaggerated, but none the less each member got the characteristics which they are basically known for in public or what people think basically (just in a very exaggerated way). It is quite intersting how CP is been presented....
Old 05-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Aristocracy

I have not seen the show. How are they represented?
Old 05-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've never seen the show, but I can imagine if PixieDust is using it as an example of how she views CP. He'll be shown as a spoilt brat.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Commoner

Well I am not using the show as an example of how I see Prince Carl Philip. I don't need to, I have my very own opinion and I had that before I had seen an episode lately. And, he is not shown as a spoilt brat there exactly, for information. It was just an exmaple and I am not speaking of me. Go to Aftonbladet TV, there you can view all episodes. I only have seen three, but it was enough to get a clue. I just wanted to say that this show is made by Swedish people in Sweden for Sedish viewers. It is crap actually, but still people like it there as it seems and so you can have an idea of how they view their Swedish Royals. Of course in general they like having their Royal Family but if you see it with a bit less humor...mh? I just think something like that would not be made in Britain. I think they would not dare.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I just think something like that would not be made in Britain. I think they would not dare.
That shows the difference in how the monarchy is viewed in Sweden and in Denmark.
There have been lots of shows created about the Royals. And also lots of shows that take the mickey out of the royals. Such as Mock The Week, Have I Got News For You etc. We don't need a show dedicated to how they are viewed, is the british people and i'm sure the swedish people rally didn't like there royals they would say something.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Age has everything to do with being naive and stupid. A 12 year old has a different mind friend to a 31 year old don't they?
Very true. But the "men" of this generation tend to be less mature at 31 than in other generations. Just my opinion and experience of course. And one cannot deny that stupidity and naivety are integral parts of some peoples character that won't change much when they grow older. Unfortunately.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Commoner

TV | Aftonbladet
TV | Aftonbladet

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships