The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

"That´s why the prince and his Sofia live apart"
According to the article Carl Philip has revealed for his friends that big sister Victoria is the only person he can talk with about the situation and relation with Sofia.
Därför lever prinsen och hans Sofia isär - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Old 10-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Royal Highness

I know it's only the english translation but this passage:
Sofia Hellqvist suffering from the situation with his parents and to her friends, she said that "she would be willing to do anything to convince them that she is entitled to Carl Philip."

irked me! Gotta be careful when you're using the word 'entitled'.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I would be incredibly careful with Google translations - they also translated 'drottning Silvia' into 'Hellen Keller' in the same article

A translation of the sentence you are refering to Ruby, gave me "She would be willing to do anything to convince them that she is right for Carl Philip." (which makes much more sense IMO)
Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning writes that Sofia has returned to Sweden over a week ago. Carl Philip drove to the Arlanda Airport to pick her up. They were invited to the wedding of Carl Philip´s friend, Richard Nordström with Anna Rehnmark, but they decided to stay home.
Prins Carl Philip tackade nej till bröllop | Svensk Damtidning
Old 10-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

I would be incredibly careful with Google translations - they also translated 'drottning Silvia' into 'Hellen Keller' in the same article

A translation of the sentence you are refering to Ruby, gave me "She would be willing to do anything to convince them that she is right for Carl Philip." (which makes much more sense IMO)
And that is the correct translation to me as a swede when i translate texts like that on my own. I have tried to use google translator but if i copy one page i spend several minutes correcting the translation:)
Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Serene Highness

I wondered who Hellen Keller was when I read this.

The word entitled to someone has a much different meaning that she is right for someone as stated above.

It's interesting when I've posted things and sometimes what I said has a different meaning to others and I've had to clarify what I meant. When translating things, this can happen.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 PM

i wonder why sofia returned from south africa two weeks ahead of schedule? her passion and dedication speaks for itself
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
this is all about infactuaction, scientists state that the life span of infactuation is 18 months.... so the cp and sophias relationship is going downhill from here. i give their relationship until march 2011. hope she has enjoyed the rides. ps i wonder what kind of gifts give to their loved ones
Chrissy, I hope you are right. Just wait & see...

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Gentry

Carl Philip and Sofia's love nest is now clear
Old 12-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

According ot the article Prince Carl Phillip and Sofia have moved in together to his renovated farm house. Friends say an engagement could be near and that soon Sofia will go to princess school and appear with him in public.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Serene Highness

I didn't know that a princess school exists. How interesting.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't think an actual Princess school exists, but Princess Mary went through some training before she married and Catherine Middleton is apparently going through some sort of education.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know why,but I doubt that Queen Silvia will accept Sofia in their family
Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well if it comes down to it, it's accept her or possible loose a son.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes,but his previous relation with Emma Pernault finished so unexpectedly that nobody even thought about such an issue
Old 12-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Such an issue?
Emma was well liked by the royals, if CP had proposed, i'm sure Silvia and CG would have accepted her.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I didn't know that a princess school exists. How interesting.
Probably similar to Daniel's 'Prince School'. There's no official announcement yet so we'll see. The article is based on comments from a 'friend'-'if the court is smart, they will start Sofia on Princess school'.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

Did she caught him?

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Probably similar to Daniel's 'Prince School'. There's no official announcement yet so we'll see. The article is based on comments from a 'friend'-'if the court is smart, they will start Sofia on Princess school'.
It's all, rags and gossip Esmeralda,these pulp papers have to fill their pages too.....comments of friends....the nonsense,friends of Royals always hush and never tell...
Old 12-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Courtier

^how long have they been together? i thought this was just a rebound fling!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships