Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sofia is seen as a private person among royals

Not introduced? She was invited to Haga for the kings 65th birthday. Not confirmed? Tennert said that they were sambos

Once again: One need to see the difference between "official royal" and "private among royals". The prince, and the Royal Court, has not confirmed or deny the relationship. Before tha the gouverment and HM the King must give permission. Tha have not happend!

Last edited:
Once again: One need to see the difference between "official royal" and "private among royals". The prince, and the Royal Court, has not confirmed or deny the relationship. Before tha the gouverment and HM the King must give permission. Tha have not happend!
The King and the government have to give permission to a marriage, not to a relationship.
The relationship has already been confirmed by former Bernadotte PR chief Nina Eldh last year, the fact that the couple is living together now in Prince Carl Philip's new house has been confirmed last week by current PR chief Bertil Ternert.

Actually, I wonder if the king and Parliament have to give permission for him to marry, since he is not the heir apparent. I know that Prince William did not have to have the permission of the queen to marry once he reached either 28 or 25. I forget which. I am wondering if the same is true for Swedish royals. Actually, he could always marry without the king's permission, if it is required. He would just have to give up his right to ever be the king or for his heirs to be the king or queen. Interesting enough, however, his issue could still become a king or queen consort of another country, should one of them marry an heir apparent of another kingdom. Royalty is complicated, isn't it?

I can't imagine the king refusing to give permission for such a marriage (IF they will ever get engaged/married). Although I won't be cheering when an engagement happens, a refusal to give permission will give even more bad press than an actual engagement will & the press will milk every detail of the 'forbidden love conquers all-story' and such. But both aren't exactly ideal scenarios of course. If they stay together the most we can hope for is that the couple will lead a very private life, much like the king's elder sisters.

Last edited:
But isn't there a law in Sweden...that you couldn't marry commoners or something or you would lose your place in the line of succession. Which is why Betril waited until after the old Gustav was deceased and Carl Gustav was married before he married Lillian. And that was why a couple of his uncles lost their place and titles? Or am I mixing this up.

For the record, William could marry after 25 without the Queen consent but he did seek it, and she issued the proclamation about a week before the wedding.

who knows how this is going to turn out.

In Sweden, the monarch has to approve a marriage or a prince or princess, or the respective person will loose their titles and place in the succession. Carl Gustav was already the King when he married Silvia, so he wasn't depending on anyone's approval. Once he was the monarch, Carl Gustav approved the wedding of his oncle Prince Bertil to Lillian. Therefore Bertil could keep his title and Lillian became a Princess. Carl Gustav's grandfather was much stricter, and all the princes who married commoners during his livetime had to give up titles and their rigt to the succession.

Thanks thats what I pretty much thought. Thank you Tilla C.

But I guess we are putting the cart before the horse (in regards to a possible marriage between CP and Sofia).

Being a fan of art, I think Sofia's python pic is very nice. See absolutely nothing wrong with it. I haven't seen anything racier than that one, but I'm not looking.

However, no python pic will ever be more provocative than that of Nastassja Kinski and the Serpent back in 1981 (I think)...Richard Avedon was the photographer.

Last edited:
There is nothing really wrong with the python picture...even though I am not a fan of it.

You don't want to see the rest of her "portfolio" KittyAtlanta...trust me.

Thanks for your post!

Being a fan of art, I think Sofia's python pic is very nice. See absolutely nothing wrong with it. I haven't seen anything racier than that one, but I'm not looking.

However, no python pic will ever be more provocative than that of Nastassja Kinski and the Serpent back in 1981 (I think)...Richard Avedon was the photographer.

Thanks for that! I have not sought and seen so many pictures of Sofia. The ones I have seen is nothing that bothers me. However, there have been many pictures of royalty, which is very disturbing, but - of course - they're already royal, so it is not allowed to talk about them in the TRF. I want to wait and see what happens. Is there anything "oficial" that has been shown in many other royal houses, people are much more generous than you might think of some debate. And before that individuals who become royal's often held the position of the area and have since become celebrated in all keys. For me it's important not to judge in advance but to let everyone get a chance. Jesus said: "He who is without blame themselves should cast the first stone". Thanks again for your post!

Last edited:
You are more than welcome to discuss any soft erotic photo shoot/ other pictures that you find shocking of born-royals in the various threads concerning these royals. I don't understand why you would claim otherwise.

Last edited:
Different rules

You are more than welcome to discuss any soft erotic photo shoot/ other pictures that you find shocking of born-royals in the various threads concerning these royals. I don't understand why you would claim otherwise.

I've tried that but different administrators have different tolerances and that's probably why I understand that there is censorship in some forums. But thanks for pointing that out - I'll try when the time is right.

Get out your tissues, guys :whistling:.....

According to German Celebrity magazine "Bunte" palace insiders are already talking about an engagement..... 2 hints for them:

1) Bertil Ternet confirmed, that the 2 are living togehter in the same flat now.
2) Carl Philipp and Sofia has been seen walking through the town holding hands visible for everybody (pls see pics by following the link) as if he wanted to show: "she belongs to me".

Carl Philip von Schweden: Wird seine Sofia bald Prinzessin? - BUNTE

Additionally the article claims, that both are living in the upper floor of a Villa in Durgarden (North of Stockholm) now and that Sofia is heavily designing the interior (meubles, curtains etc), whereas in the garage CP is reactivating the old lightblue Porsche from Prince Bertil.

BYe Bine

Seems that whenever 'Bunte' doesn't copy the content of posts in this forum, 'Bunte' copies a complete article from 'Svensk Dam Tidning'.

Seems that whenever 'Bunte' doesn't copy the content of posts in this forum, 'Bunte' copies a complete article from 'Svensk Dam Tidning'.

Haha, this could be the way journalism works in these days :ROFLMAO:. Of course local newspapers/magazins are better informed than foreign ones, so they are using them as a source (finally they are claiming where they have the information from -- the article states several times "Expressen" as the original source).

Well, regarding the engagement rumors -- only time will tell. The other stuff (moving together etc) seems to be correct -- and of course the pics as well.
BYe Bine

I think Carl Philip and Madeleine should be left alone with whoever he/she wishes.

It's unlikely that either will accede to the throne, so let them have a resonably normal life.

It's unlikely that either will accede to the throne, so let them have a resonably normal life.

A reasonably "normal" life paid for by the taxpayer in exchange for the odd duty per month?
As long as the public has to fork out the bill for the lifestyle, they want to have the right to comment.
Let go of the apanage and the royal title and get a job - only then they can do whatever them pleases, in my opinion.

CP could ascent to the throne easily - with his future wife - not everybody is able to have children, it is not that uncommon, even in royalty.

A reasonably "normal" life paid for by the taxpayer in exchange for the odd duty per month?
As long as the public has to fork out the bill for the lifestyle, they want to have the right to comment.
Let go of the apanage and the royal title and get a job - only then they can do whatever them pleases, in my opinion.

CP could ascent to the throne easily - with his future wife - not everybody is able to have children, it is not that uncommon, even in royalty.

Your statement is wrong. Only the king and the crown princess are given apanages. No-one else. So no-one else can be expected to "work" for this "company".Only Carl Gustaf and Victoria are officially employed by this special company so only they can be hold responsible if they don't work enough. It doesn't matter if Silvia, Daniel, Madeleine and Carl Philip live of that money too, because they get it from their spouses / dad. They're given that money from those ones who earn it and those who earn it can do with their earned money whatever they want. And no spouse or child can be expected to work for the company their spouse or dad works for, only because they're living of that money too. It's completely irrelevant if that spouses / dads are king / crown princess or doctors in the local hospital or firefighters or secretarys. At least in Germany my dads or moms boss never expected me to work a few days per month for them, because I was living of that money they made by him. I may not know everything, but I think it's the same in every other country.

Last edited:
Your statement is wrong. Only the king and the crown princess are given apanages. No-one else. So no-one else can be expected to "work" for this "company".Only Carl Gustaf and Victoria are officially employed by this special company so only they can be hold responsible if they don't work enough. It doesn't matter if Silvia, Daniel, Madeleine and Carl Philip live of that money too, because they get it from their spouses / dad. They're given that money from those ones who earn it and those who earn it can do with their earned money whatever they want. And no spouse or child can be expected to work for the company their spouse or dad works for, only because they're living of that money too. It's completely irrelevant if that spouses / dads are king / crown princess or doctors in the local hospital or firefighters or secretarys. At least in Germany my dads or moms boss never expected me to work a few days per month for them, because I was living of that money they made by him. I may not know everything, but I think it's the same in every other country.

As per Lady Finn in the Madeleine thread
From the interview of Bertil Ternert, the Director of the Information and Press Department of the swedish court:

How does Madeleine pay her living in New York?
- She does not acknowledge any salary from it (Childhood Foundation). She is also a person who gets a part of the apanage. Then you should know that my salary is also paid from the apanage.
Does Madeleine live to 100 percent with athe apanage?
- I do not know if she has any compensation otherwise.

"Hon har en del av apanaget" | Newzglobe.com

Both siblings may not be required to work by agreement but still they are indirectly paid by the taxpayer for doing only very little.

My point is: by continuing like this, the SRF will saw off the branch they are sitting on, sooner or later.
No other monarchy pays their members part of the apanage for car racing or shopping in NY. Its just one piece of many coming together when forming a negative opinion of the SRF these days.

Madeleine and Carl Philip may get a part of it, but it's still the money their parents and elder sister are getting officially. And they're only getting it for official dutys. Privetly they don't live from tax money. So where is the problem? All of them are getting their clothes, accomodations, plane tickets, etc paid when they "work". And when they don't "work" they don't get paid from tax money but live from their own money. It's as simple as that.

Google Übersetzer

I'm very sorry KitKat2006, but the larger part of the information provided under the link you posted is incorrect, and so is your description of the distribution of the apanage.
In Sweden, the ONLY one who receives money directly from the state is The King.
No other member of the royal family has his or her own individual budget, since the total sum is solely distributed by King Carl Gustaf, without disclosing which part of this sum he allots individual family members for their personal use.
This constitutes a lack of transparency which IMHO should be generally reconsidered in the future.
PR Chief Ternert obviously (and rather unnecessarily) confirmed that part of the state allowance goes towards the royal 'children' indeed, another example of him talking too frequently to the Swedish tabloids and saying far too much, I'd say.
Regarding Sofia Helqvist and the question of finances in the relationship with Prince Carl Philip - since she did not hold a job when she met the Prince and has only very recently managed to launch her own yoga clothing line, I should think that she contributes very little to the lifestyle she and the Prince have now, which in turn is partly financed by the Swedish taxpayer.

Last edited:
I think Carl Philip and Madeleine should be left alone with whoever he/she wishes.

I fully agree with your opinion, as indeed most of the Swedish people also seem to do!

I'm very sorry KitKat2006, but the larger part of the information provided under the link you posted is incorrect, and so is your description of the distribution of the apanage.
In Sweden, the ONLY one who receives money directly from the state is The King.
No other member of the royal family has his or her own individual budget, since the total sum is solely distributed by King Carl Gustaf, without disclosing which part of this sum he allots individual family members for their personal use.
This constitutes a lack of transparency which IMHO should be generally reconsidered in the future.
PR Chief Ternert obviously (and rather unnecessarily) confirmed that part of the state allowance goes towards the royal 'children' indeed, another example of him talking too frequently to the Swedish tabloids and saying far too much, I'd say.
Regarding Sofia Helqvist and the question of finances in the relationship with Prince Carl Philip - since she did not hold a job when she met the Prince and has only very recently managed to launch her own yoga clothing line, I should think that she contributes very little to the lifestyle she and the Prince have now, which in turn is partly financed by the Swedish taxpayer.

In that case why is everyone always discussing the money of the rest of the family. Because if your information is right (which I don't think, because I once read an interview where it was stated that the crown princess gets her own apanage since she's of age) the king is earning the family money and decides how much he spends for his wife and his kids just like every other man who's the only working member of the family. So why don't we judge them too if we judge the royal families? How is the average Joe judged different than the king when it comes to the money they're earning in their jobs? Isn't that discriminating the royal family if we expect them to work twice for their money while the average family just has to work once for it?

And another question I'd like to add is if anyone here who got pocket money even once in his/her life, has worked for this money in the company where his/her dad worked? If not, why not? Because you lived of that money too. So it's only fair if you worked for it too. Does anyone see the idiocy of this idea now when it is put like that? I definitely hope so.

Because if your information is right (which I don't think, because I once read an interview where it was stated that the crown princess gets her own apanage since she's of age)
I think you are confusing an alotted apanage with an own household (meaning ceremonial and office staff) within the organization of the Royal Court, which both Queen Silvia and CP Victoria indeed have.
the king is earning the family money and decides how much he spends for his wife and his kids just like every other man who's the only working member of the family
Forunately The King is not the only working member of this family; and the 'breadwinner' equation hardly fits the concept and meaning of a constitutional monarchy.
How is the average Joe judged different than the king when it comes to the money they're earning in their jobs?
Because The King happens to be a reigning monarch and Head of State, not a company's employee, and his apanage is paid for by his people, not a company owner.

Apanage

Officially, only the King and HRH Crown Princess receiving apange. The fact that the royal household, but the king's consent, may allocate apanaget - well, that's another thing.

Regarding appanage one should not forget that the reason it is at all based on, is that when King Carl XVI Gustaf ancestor of King Karl XIV Johan was elected king of the Swedish Parliament in 1810 (he took then as king in 1818) so he paid the then Swedish in international comparison colossal national debt out of pocket, towards the future monarchs of his royal house in the future would receive in a given appanage.

I wasn't sure what to make of this relationship but they look happy together. She is not perfect princess material but if she makes him happy why not. It is unlikly she will ever be Queen so I think Carl Philip should see and marry whom ever he wants.

"It is unlikely she will ever be Queen" is far from the truth.

Victoria and Daniel are in their mid-thirties and have faced serious health issues in their respective pasts....they have now been married a year, and Victoria has not become pregnant.

That in itself is no cause for alarm, but to think that they will conceive easily might be overstating it.

Last edited:
Speculations

I am amazed at how people fabricate and find the "non material"!

Given how long the crownprincess had to wait to marry her Daniel, I am totally convinced that it had not provided any "known health problems" without it they have been well investigated.

Had a child come soon after marriage, it would also have led to speculation.

Daniel had a kidney transplant not long before the wedding. He will need to take anti-rejection medication to make sure the kidney continues to work...if not, it will spell DISASTER, Karisma...and Victoria had a well documented bout with anorexia nervosa that required medical treatment.

As far as I know, those BOTH fall under the category of "known health problems" serious ones at that.

Which part of this strikes you as fabrication?

What do we know for sure?

Daniel had a kidney transplant not long before the wedding. He will need to take anti-rejection medication to make sure the kidney continues to work...if not, it will spell DISASTER, Karisma...and Victoria had a well documented bout with anorexia nervosa that required medical treatment.

As far as I know, those BOTH fall under the category of "known health problems" serious ones at that.

Which part of this strikes you as fabrication?

My Mother always said that she would rather have a disease of the body than a bad review.

You write all the time, based on worst case scenario. Neither You nor I know anything about sickness learned that will affect us or our loved ones. Nor do we know anything about the princess and her husband. It would be much nicer with a single post from You with positive thinking.

Neither You nor I have been in the couple's bedroom so what do we know for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom