The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps someone is trying to cool off their relationship by separating them. This has all happened rather quickly which is rather suspect. This is what it looks like or sounds like IMO. Interesting to see where the relationship will go from here.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

if she really wanted to..she could wait for him imo..maybe this is a test of somesort

Old 10-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Well, he didn't have to accept service abroad, this was his own choice. I doubt his parents would go so far as to pressure him to put his life in danger as some sort of 'test'. Maybe it's a test they decided to give themselves, if it's a test at all.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

just wondering how she feels about this ..
Old 10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Perhaps someone is trying to cool off their relationship by separating them. This has all happened rather quickly which is rather suspect. This is what it looks like or sounds like IMO. Interesting to see where the relationship will go from here.
Hmm, didnt they already try this plan a while back with another member of the family? Did it work? Nope, her boyfriend got a box with 30 letters instead
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness

Question

Does anyone know if Carl Philip introduced Sofia to his parents?

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Does anyone know if Carl Philip introduced Sofia to his parents?
He did indeed. You can find an article on it a few pages back in the thread. (Perhaps someone in less of a hurry than I could re-post it or quote the post it was originally posted in?)
Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Jonquil. I am rather disappointed that he did. I was hoping he treats her as a girlfriend that is not supposed to meet parents. I mean she might be just a fun date. Now, we just wait and see how far it will go.
Do royal watchers have to lower their expectations again for what is acceptable for royal girlfriends?

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-14-2010, 03:06 PM

this is all about infactuaction, scientists state that the life span of infactuation is 18 months.... so the cp and sophias relationship is going downhill from here. i give their relationship until march 2011. hope she has enjoyed the rides. ps i wonder what kind of gifts give to their loved ones
Old 10-15-2010, 02:31 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Several posts about CP possibly going to Afghanistan have been moved to the The Swedish Royal Family and the Military thread. Please continue the discussion there.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Serene Highness

Since CP introduced Sofia to his parents, he considers her his girlfriend. If she was a casual acquaintance or someone he was merely friends with, he probably wouldn't have formally introduced her to his parents.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

What, they're still dating ? I'll give CP a couple months to get rid of her She's more trouble than it's worth
Old 10-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Courtier

are they living together?
Old 10-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
are they living together?
Yes. And apparently Sofia doesn't want anything in the apartment that has to do with Emma, so she made Carl Philip get a new bed at IKEA.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Oh, please...she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed Emma once slept? Ha! Now you can get an idea that she would be an anoyinng princess, if she did that.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

New IKEA bed or not, she would annoy me anyway Gosh, why do I even bother She's just a poor girl who thinks that she found the Prince She'll wake up soon
Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

This is not to defend Sofia, however, I do understand why she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as Emma. It's not the same as say, spending a night in a hotelbed...

PR
Old 10-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Serene Highness

True, Princess Robijn, however some people pick up on things regarding people who have slept in the bed they are sleeping in. Everyone has energy and everyone leaves energy wherever they go. In a hotel, the energy level is very high due to the number of people who use the bed. This is one reason why I don't like hotel rooms very much because I pick up on this often (not all the time) and often can't sleep or have difficulty sleeping because of this. People think I'm nuts but I know I'm not the only one out there who has experienced this.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
This is not to defend Sofia, however, I do understand why she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as Emma. It's not the same as say, spending a night in a hotelbed...

PR
I agree. I wouldn't want my boyfriend to have memories of his ex all around the house either. But of course, if that means having to change all the furniture, I would reconsider. It's not fair to demand him to change all the furniture,but I can understand she wants to add her own touch, her 'Sofia' - ness to the apartment.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

Agree with you Prinsesse

If they do change all the furniture, whose footing the bill? Is Sofia paying for some of this (which she should pay for most of it since she wants the furniture changed) or she is letting CP foot the entire bill. Sounds more like the latter although I may be wrong.

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships