The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Billed-Bladet - Prins Carl Philip og Sofia er flyttet sammen

Old 09-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/plugi...&margin=&align=

Sofia is maximum tacky, she has as much Princess material as Lady Gaga.
Too bad for her that the Princess availability in Monaco is already taken, would have been her best shot.
Holy nightmare, what a sight! No, not even in the Principality of Monaco i'm afraid...this girl makes Princess Stephanie seem like Queen Victoria by comparison!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Commoner

Wow wow she moved in with him??? Oh dear, next thing we read is a possible pregnancy or so
Old 09-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Seriously. Then they must marry. This would be so fun the next months.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

I guess then everyone will have a lot to talk about.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

Sofia has proven in the past that she is driven by a need for self promotion and publicity. If she manages to marry C-P the exact opposite would happen. He, and by extension her, would have to retire to to his farmhouse and live out a quiet country life-just like Joachim and Marie do. Which is the opposite of what I THINK Sofia wants....
Old 09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/plugi...&margin=&align=

Sofia is maximum tacky, she has as much Princess material as Lady Gaga.
Too bad for her that the Princess availability in Monaco is already taken, would have been her best shot.
LMAO!! She so classless. Did you see that 1st pic of her throwing up certain fingers like she was making gang signs and being cool? Oh, what a joke she is. If this is that kind of trash that is going to be in the monarchy, I wouldn't blame the Swedish people one bit if they wanted to overthrow it and start a republic. It's just a circus now, so why bother? Besides, all PCP does if play all the time thanks to taxpayers money and he's useless, so let him pay for his hobbies by getting a job.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia talking about charity at this video:
Sofia Hellqvist och Frida Westberg brinner för Project Playground

Heja Sofia! | Bakom Kulisserna

Old article from April 2009 with three photos of Sofia:
Jubel då Lena sjöng med Larz KristerzMade in Älvdalen uppskattad show - Älvdalen - Dalarnas Tidningar
Old 09-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

You guys have interesting points I respect them all Thanks for contributing to this topic My opinion is that if Sofia and any girl like SH marries into Royalty she'll feel lost soon enough Alice in Wonderland comes to mind when I think of this situation She's gonna have a hard time and God knows if she'll ever be totally accepted by her in-laws and CP's sisters Only God knows Thank you
Old 09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Serene Highness

She probably never will be totally accepted by anyone in the family.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia at Capetown:
Project-playground
Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia at Capetown:
Project-playground
Why does she have the outer shirt pulled down to show her right breast?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Courtier

I see she's picked her wedding gown already...

http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...ellqvist/4.jpg

Oh dear... Is it possible to not give Sofia the princess title..? Or should they consider making CP a count instead...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Carl Philip moves in with his reality TV star love Sofia Hellqvist - hellomagazine.com

Oh this is bad! This is not good for their relationship or for the monarchy. I wonder if he would be so irresponsible if he were the heir.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Serene Highness

Did Carl Philip live together with Emma when they were a couple? The article says Sofia wants to get rid of her things or something.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Serene Highness

Hmmmm, didn´t Carl Philipp moved together with his former girlfriend as well? Alltogether they have been together for around 10 years, so it would have been weird still having 2 different flats......

I do not see, that the MUST marry now.... Sweden is a quite open country, not a "conservative" one, like Spain..... and maybe this is a great opportunity to get a much more detailed "look" at the other person.... and this may result in a) either a marriage or b) a split because of (non-princess-like behaviour).

BYe Bine
Old 09-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

I think Sofia has an idea of what her life would be like if she and Carl Philip become a couple. The reality may be very different. It might not be what she wanted, dreamed about or hoped for. At that point, she might exit the relationship. I would imagine your average person whose interested in royalty in general probably have a idea of what it might be like to be a girlfriend or wife to a royal. But the reality of it probably is much different than what you may think. Until you have experienced this, you really don't know.

I don't know their situation is or was but in some cases you have conservative parents who disapprove of a couple living together before marriage so what the couples does is have two separate apartments or two separate addresses but they spend a lot or most of their time at the other person's place. I knew several couples who did this arrangement to appease their parents. This was back in the late 70's to early 1980's. Nowadays you don't see as much as this as most modern parents don't get bent out of shape over this as they did when I was growing up.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Administrator

I believe Emma did live with Carl Phillip.

Wow...these two are moving rather fast. I wonder if the Swedish monarchy and public is open enough for Sofia's past. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I agree. It will indeed be rather interesting to see how all of this will develop. Actually I didn't think it would be that serious with this two one day.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Administrator

I must admit I never thought they would get to the live in stage.

I wonder if the Count title is on the table for CP....if the powers have been have even discussed a possible future for CP and Sofia. Notice I never said the M word.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships