The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

The article states that the king used his "royal influence" to stop the re-publication of Sofia's nakkid pix. Is that true or hearsay?

Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

How can something like that ever be stopped?
Once something is on the internet it can never be deleted...so I guess he would have to influence the newspapers in Sweden and I doubt they'd listen. Especially when their goal is to get as many readers as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
The only annoying part of the article for me was when they looked down on Daniel because he was a personal trainer. That seems to me an honest and fair job and people who do it should be respected for that. Much better than Kate that isn't doing nothing but spending her parents' money and waiting for William's proposal!! And of little importance in a country whose queen is a previous hostess.
They shouldn't look down on him at all. Personal Training is a serious thing where I live. Especially if they're private and exclusive. And they also make very good money. So I don't see the problem with that.

I honestly see Daniel as a business man rather than a trainer. He opened his own gym for crying out loud. People only see the personal training part, not the business part.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with you Crown Princess 5. Even in the Orlando area, someone who is a personal trainer can make a lot of money. It's a respected profession and being that the United States has a serious problem with maintaining a healthy weight. someone who is a trainer would be in high demand.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortino View Post
The article states that the king used his "royal influence" to stop the re-publication of Sofia's nakkid pix. Is that true or hearsay?
The King would only do so if Carl-Philip and Sofia were really really serious about each other.

The thought of HRH Princess Sophia of Sweden, Duchess of Varmland is very scary to me
Old 08-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

It would be a silly move, as there might be press covering about it. It is unreasonable to think that the king controlls all newspapers. What about the republican ones? And anyone knows that the picures are on the internet, where one can see them for free. Besides, sweden is hardly such an isolated country that there would be no foreign papers available. But he might have a friendly word with some editors, of course. If one wanted interviews and news from the palace, it is certainly a good idea to be nice to the RF.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
It would be a silly move, as there might be press covering about it. It is unreasonable to think that the king controlls all newspapers. What about the republican ones? And anyone knows that the picures are on the internet, where one can see them for free. Besides, sweden is hardly such an isolated country that there would be no foreign papers available. But he might have a friendly word with some editors, of course. If one wanted interviews and news from the palace, it is certainly a good idea to be nice to the RF.
He doesn't need to control all newspapers, no matter if they're foreign or not. He just needs to get the copyright of the pictures he (CP, the court or whomever) doesn't want to be publicated anymore. That's all. If he's got the copyrights it would be a crime to publicate the pictures without his OK. Even in the internet. So it's definitely possible to stop certain pictures from being available to anyone.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
He doesn't need to control all newspapers, no matter if they're foreign or not. He just needs to get the copyright of the pictures he (CP, the court or whomever) doesn't want to be publicated anymore. That's all. If he's got the copyrights it would be a crime to publicate the pictures without his OK. Even in the internet. So it's definitely possible to stop certain pictures from being available to anyone.
The problem is that if the king starts buying copyright of pics for a lot of money people will not be happy of the way the royal family is spending their money. And we all know how expensive those pics would be.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Sweden is a very permissive society. I don't think nude photos of Sophia would upset the apple carts of Sweden's general public. I'm sure the older Royals would be appalled, but in the end, with Victoria being only 32 years old, it is unlikely that PC-P will ever take the throne. Common is as common does.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Nobility

According to the tabloid Se o Hr the prince and Sofia are secretly engaged. And since noone else printed it they are really secret about it
Old 08-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Courtier

Well, the obvious question would be, did Carl Philip or Sofia call "Se o Hr" to tell them "Hey, we're engaged. But don't tell anyone, because it's a big secret."
Old 08-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Aristocracy

Why oh why did he not take her along for the wedding in greece? She would have fittet in fine with the blue sardines... The colour of the dress would have made her eyes shine.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That would have really started people going, but it would have been lovely to see her.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Gentry

Didn't Se og Hr say that Victoria was pregnant a few weeks ago? I think they just want to publish any possible future events beforehand and then take credit for breaking the story when the event actually happens.

I've always assumed that Se og Hr was one of the trashier Scandinavian tabloids, like Star Magazine over here in the US. I'll take this "news" with a grain of salt.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonquil View Post
I've always assumed that Se og Hr was one of the trashier Scandinavian tabloids, like Star Magazine over here in the US. I'll take this "news" with a grain of salt.
It is the trashiest by far, the other at least wait until the see smoke before screaming FIRE! Se og Hr \Se och Hr just think out what news would make good headlines and then write them.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

If Prince Carl Phillip is engaged to be married, it's no longer a secret. A secret is something no one knows or something a newspaper doesn't know.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sorry but if he was engaged, they aren't going to choose Se og Hor to announce it, it'll be announced properly. With Victoria not pregnant and the wedding over, I think Swedish papers are bored.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

Only an official announcement would I believe. Because anyone could say that they are engaged.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine iskall mot Carl Philips flickvn - Extra - Expressen Extra
Google Translate
Old 08-27-2010, 12:47 PM

Oh please! I guess the Swedish papers are very bored! First, the "engagement", now the rift between M and CP? The story actually made me laugh-so she doesn't like Sofia because she did not invite her to a gathering of her closest friends? I mean, is Sofia a close friend?
I guess this couple is going to be tabloid fodder; much more so than when Emma and CP were together
Old 08-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Gentry

Carl Philip forlovet med Paradise-babe - Royale - BT.dk

The Danish tabloids seem to be hopping on this fake engagement story as well. According to a "friend" they're waiting for the King's approval.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships