Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's only the english translation but this passage:
Sofia Hellqvist suffering from the situation with his parents and to her friends, she said that "she would be willing to do anything to convince them that she is entitled to Carl Philip."

irked me! Gotta be careful when you're using the word 'entitled'.

:previous:

I would be incredibly careful with Google translations - they also translated 'drottning Silvia' into 'Hellen Keller' in the same article ;):ROFLMAO:

A translation of the sentence you are refering to Ruby, gave me "She would be willing to do anything to convince them that she is right for Carl Philip." (which makes much more sense IMO)

:previous:

I would be incredibly careful with Google translations - they also translated 'drottning Silvia' into 'Hellen Keller' in the same article ;):ROFLMAO:

A translation of the sentence you are refering to Ruby, gave me "She would be willing to do anything to convince them that she is right for Carl Philip." (which makes much more sense IMO)

And that is the correct translation to me as a swede when i translate texts like that on my own. I have tried to use google translator but if i copy one page i spend several minutes correcting the translation:)

I wondered who Hellen Keller was when I read this.

The word entitled to someone has a much different meaning that she is right for someone as stated above.

It's interesting when I've posted things and sometimes what I said has a different meaning to others and I've had to clarify what I meant. When translating things, this can happen.

i wonder why sofia returned from south africa two weeks ahead of schedule? her passion and dedication speaks for itself

this is all about infactuaction, scientists state that the life span of infactuation is 18 months.... so the cp and sophias relationship is going downhill from here. i give their relationship until march 2011. hope she has enjoyed the rides. ps i wonder what kind of gifts give to their loved ones
Chrissy, I hope you are right. Just wait & see...

According ot the article Prince Carl Phillip and Sofia have moved in together to his renovated farm house. Friends say an engagement could be near and that soon Sofia will go to princess school and appear with him in public.

I didn't know that a princess school exists. How interesting.

I don't think an actual Princess school exists, but Princess Mary went through some training before she married and Catherine Middleton is apparently going through some sort of education.

I don't know why,but I doubt that Queen Silvia will accept Sofia in their family

Well if it comes down to it, it's accept her or possible loose a son.

Yes,but his previous relation with Emma Pernault finished so unexpectedly that nobody even thought about such an issue

Such an issue?
Emma was well liked by the royals, if CP had proposed, i'm sure Silvia and CG would have accepted her.

I didn't know that a princess school exists. How interesting.

Probably similar to Daniel's 'Prince School'. There's no official announcement yet so we'll see. The article is based on comments from a 'friend'-'if the court is smart, they will start Sofia on Princess school'.

Last edited:
Probably similar to Daniel's 'Prince School'. There's no official announcement yet so we'll see. The article is based on comments from a 'friend'-'if the court is smart, they will start Sofia on Princess school'.

It's all, rags and gossip Esmeralda,these pulp papers have to fill their pages too.....comments of friends....the nonsense,friends of Royals always hush and never tell...

^how long have they been together? i thought this was just a rebound fling!

^how long have they been together? i thought this was just a rebound fling!
They meet (as far as is known) at Swedish Open in Båstad 2009, that is the 2nd week of July so it should be about 17 months now.

If we compare his previous relation,still not long enough

Why should we compare it to his previous relationship? Not long enough for what?
He was with Emma for what 10 years and never married her.
CP could be incredible happy with Sofia and propose next week. If it feels right, then it's right.

Wonder what happens after all that "scandal"-talking about his father lately if he would become engaged to her just now....

Sorry but CP should give up his rights as a prince, if he wants to marry Sofia!
Monarchy becomes laughable if girls (and of course boys) like her can be princess.
That sounds snobby, I know. But why should the Swedish people pay taxes for someone whos naked body is now well known? And it´s not the same with Daniel. He is the only male member who isn´t embarrassing at the moment. :whistling:
And what I heard is that the Swedes aren´t glad either about it.

Monarchy becomes laughable if girls (and of course boys) like her can be princess.
That sounds snobby, I know. But why should the Swedish people pay taxes for someone whos naked body is now well known? And it´s not the same with Daniel. He is the only male member who isn´t embarrassing at the moment. :whistling:
And what I heard is that the Swedes aren´t glad either about it.
Totally agree with,if continues that's way ,i mean if princes marry silly girls which could just a naked body to demonstrate than it's very unpleasant,as monarchy loses its prestigious role.
But if these are true feelings of love,then it's their choice.

I doubt that you would find any males who marry into royalty having a scandal relating to them posing nude. Highly unlikely. Other scandals yes but that particular one no.

An article about "The love nest" of Carl Philip and Sofia: Over three years have passed since the prince inherited Bertil Jonsén who died at 82 years of age. Among the assets of the former naval officer bequeathed to HRH Prince Carl Philip was Desert farm - with its 98 hectares of forest and agricultural land. Big renovation job is now finished and Carl Philip and Sofia have been often seen at the estate.
Prinsen och Sofias kärleksnäste - okänd arvsgåva - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Photos from November:
Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist out eating dinner at the Griffin Steakhouse in Stockholm.
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Sofia is going to design yoga clothes for charity, to benefit children in Africa. Her clothes will be sold in 50 shops around in Sweden.
Nu ska Sofia designa kläder | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:

If he decides to marry her and the Swedes say they don't want her as a Princess, it becomes a very problematic situation.
Either CP will either give up his title, loose his place in line for succesion, alienate himself from his family and have to do something with his life. Which if Victoria isn't pregnant, puts the line of succesion into trouble as it goes to a Princess who spends most of her time in NY getting tanned.

If he doesn't give up his title for Sofia, that's going to damage the monarchy as well. He will be shown as a very uncaring and unloving person, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom