Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this article > Royalty Online: [Sweden] Prince Carl Philip and controversial girlfriend share public kiss and posted it on my blog. But there is no picture to prove it. Seems there is a witch hunt against this young lady. Can't imagine how much she will have to endure and change to be accepted by all.

The couple, who have known each other for eighteen years

After reading this statement any credibility this article had flew right out the window, since they've only known each other for two years at the most. Also, there is indeed photographic evidence of the kiss, which was posted in an article (Aftonbladet, if memory serves me right) earlier in this thread.

Does she, or her friend, have any experience in running a charity?

This has nothing to do with her dating a Prince, but her capabilities in running a charitable organization. I really dislike when people exploit 'the poor African/Asian/Middle Eastern' children for their own gains.

I really hope that she has a vested interested in this cause and isn't doing this just to make people think she's "suitable" or "princess material".

Sofia flew on Thursday to Capetown, where she will work for the charity project "Project playground", she will return to Sweden in October.
Sofia lämnar sin prins för afrika - Extra - Expressen Extra
Google Translate

Does she, or her friend, have any experience in running a charity?

This has nothing to do with her dating a Prince, but her capabilities in running a charitable organization. I really dislike when people exploit 'the poor African/Asian/Middle Eastern' children for their own gains.

I really hope that she has a vested interested in this cause and isn't doing this just to make people think she's "suitable" or "princess material".

Agreed, and it will be interesting to see if she continues with this charity throughout her life, regardless if she and the prince continue their relationship or not.

^That's what i would like to know too. What will happen to all that charity work that she is involved in suddenly, if her relationship with the prince is not succesful?

:lol:

Seriously. Then they must marry. This would be so fun the next months.

I guess then everyone will have a lot to talk about.

Sofia has proven in the past that she is driven by a need for self promotion and publicity. If she manages to marry C-P the exact opposite would happen. He, and by extension her, would have to retire to to his farmhouse and live out a quiet country life-just like Joachim and Marie do. Which is the opposite of what I THINK Sofia wants....

http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/plug...=Alla bilder&showCarouselOpen=1&margin=&align=

Sofia is maximum tacky, she has as much Princess material as Lady Gaga.
Too bad for her that the Princess availability in Monaco is already taken, would have been her best shot.

LMAO!! She so classless. Did you see that 1st pic of her throwing up certain fingers like she was making gang signs and being cool?:rolleyes: Oh, what a joke she is. If this is that kind of trash that is going to be in the monarchy, I wouldn't blame the Swedish people one bit if they wanted to overthrow it and start a republic. It's just a circus now, so why bother? Besides, all PCP does if play all the time thanks to taxpayers money and he's useless, so let him pay for his hobbies by getting a job.

You guys have interesting points I respect them all Thanks for contributing to this topic My opinion is that if Sofia and any girl like SH marries into Royalty she'll feel lost soon enough Alice in Wonderland comes to mind when I think of this situation She's gonna have a hard time and God knows if she'll ever be totally accepted by her in-laws and CP's sisters Only God knows Thank you

She probably never will be totally accepted by anyone in the family.

Did Carl Philip live together with Emma when they were a couple? The article says Sofia wants to get rid of her things or something.

Hmmmm, didn´t Carl Philipp moved together with his former girlfriend as well? Alltogether they have been together for around 10 years, so it would have been weird still having 2 different flats......

I do not see, that the MUST marry now.... Sweden is a quite open country, not a "conservative" one, like Spain..... and maybe this is a great opportunity to get a much more detailed "look" at the other person.... and this may result in a) either a marriage or b) a split because of (non-princess-like behaviour).

BYe Bine

I think Sofia has an idea of what her life would be like if she and Carl Philip become a couple. The reality may be very different. It might not be what she wanted, dreamed about or hoped for. At that point, she might exit the relationship. I would imagine your average person whose interested in royalty in general probably have a idea of what it might be like to be a girlfriend or wife to a royal. But the reality of it probably is much different than what you may think. Until you have experienced this, you really don't know.

I don't know their situation is or was but in some cases you have conservative parents who disapprove of a couple living together before marriage so what the couples does is have two separate apartments or two separate addresses but they spend a lot or most of their time at the other person's place. I knew several couples who did this arrangement to appease their parents. This was back in the late 70's to early 1980's. Nowadays you don't see as much as this as most modern parents don't get bent out of shape over this as they did when I was growing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Emma did live with Carl Phillip.

Wow...these two are moving rather fast. I wonder if the Swedish monarchy and public is open enough for Sofia's past. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

I agree. It will indeed be rather interesting to see how all of this will develop. Actually I didn't think it would be that serious with this two one day. :whistling:

I must admit I never thought they would get to the live in stage.

I wonder if the Count title is on the table for CP....if the powers have been have even discussed a possible future for CP and Sofia. Notice I never said the M word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom