The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 07-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Monna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: -, Czech Republic
Posts: 178
So she did pose naked . I`m afraid I have to change my opinion...
__________________

__________________
  #282  
Old 07-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Why are you changing your opinion, because of an old photo?
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #283  
Old 07-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Monna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: -, Czech Republic
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why are you changing your opinion, because of an old photo?
In general I have little respect for women who decide to show themselves like that. On the other hand, it`s not the worst thing one could do, of course, and it doesn`t mean Sofia is a bad person. I just changed my opinion from positive to neutral - let`s see how the relationship will progress.
__________________
  #284  
Old 07-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna View Post
So it`s a real relationship, that`s nice. Sofia is a very beautiful woman IMO. As for her past - she never posed nude, did she?
Yes, she did a different photo session posing completely nude.
The pics are neither 'artistic' nor very appealing... a link to them was posted here once some months ago, but removed because it doesn't comply with this forum's rules.

The invitation should indeed be seen as a sign that it's rather a relationship than a fling, but it does not automatically constitute a sign of approval.
The King and Queen have met all their children's partners quite early on, once it was clear that the connection to the respective person was more than an affair.
The meeting could surely have gone many different ways...
Unless Sofia H. starts getting invited to the traditional Drottningholm Palace Sunday family dinners, it's hard to say whether The King - and particularly The Queen, I'd say - approve of her as Carl Philip's girlfriend or not.
__________________
  #285  
Old 07-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why are you changing your opinion, because of an old photo?
Because she ain't no princess!
__________________
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
- Mark Twain
  #286  
Old 07-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Liriel's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copa 2014, Brazil
Posts: 23
Royals are not just like us, but they seem to be becoming that way......and what a shame
Sorry,but is...... the last generation ...for Monarchy
how more people common
PC: "we are just ordinary men of the people" so absurd, because no, you are not!
__________________
Sorry for my horrible English
  #287  
Old 07-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
I don't find the picture remotely shocking. It's not pornography and there is nothing dirty or vile about a naked body (whatever the church may say) . It's actually an improvement over the snake picture because at least she isn't covered in yellow grease.
Carla Bruni has done far more explicit pictures (her full-frontal nudes are all over the internet).

I do agree with the posters who don't want to see her as a princess. I disapprove of her for the same reasons I disapprove of some other royal girlfriends and wives (too common and lackluster, brings nothing to the table, no charisma, etc.) .
However I have no issue with her nude pictures, and I certainly won't judge her character and intelligence based on that.
__________________

  #288  
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
I don't find the picture remotely shocking. It's not pornography and there is nothing dirty or vile about a naked body (whatever the church may say) .
Are we looking at the same picture? No one, church or whatever, ever suggested the naked body is shocking, dirty or vile! I disagree with your attempt to ignore the obvious here. The woman is posing naked with only sexy black shoes on. It's obviously meant to be erotic and to get a sexual response from men who drool over pictures of anonymous women like this. It's done in the spirit of smut. There is a difference between nudity and smut.
__________________
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
- Mark Twain
  #289  
Old 07-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Because she ain't no princess!
The question wasn't directed at you, and I do not understand your answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel View Post
Royals are not just like us, but they seem to be becoming that way......and what a shame
Sorry,but is...... the last generation ...for Monarchy
how more people common
PC: "we are just ordinary men of the people" so absurd, because no, you are not!
They are not ordinary people, they live in palaces, they wear tiara's and tuxedos on a daily basis. What does your comment have to do with the love life of CP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
I don't find the picture remotely shocking. It's not pornography and there is nothing dirty or vile about a naked body (whatever the church may say) . It's actually an improvement over the snake picture because at least she isn't covered in yellow grease.
Carla Bruni has done far more explicit pictures (her full-frontal nudes are all over the internet).

I do agree with the posters who don't want to see her as a princess. I disapprove of her for the same reasons I disapprove of some other royal girlfriends and wives (too common and lackluster, brings nothing to the table, no charisma, etc.) .
However I have no issue with her nude pictures, and I certainly won't judge her character and intelligence based on that.
I agree, that i do not find the picture at all shocking, so she posed naked, so what? And, lots of other people have done the same. We have no idea why she did it, maybe she needed to money? Just like you say, Carla Bruni's pictures are much worse. I do not know enough about her to judge whether she would be a good princess or not, but I do not think she should be excluding from the chance of marrying CP just because of her nude pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Are we looking at the same picture? No one, church or whatever, ever suggested the naked body is shocking, dirty or vile! I disagree with your attempt to ignore the obvious here. The woman is posing naked with only sexy black shoes on. It's obviously meant to be erotic and to get a sexual response from men who drool over pictures of anonymous women like this. It's done in the spirit of smut. There is a difference between nudity and smut.
The church has suggested a lot of times that images of the naked body in this fashion are vile, shocking and dirty. Ignore the obvious? Just because she posed naked makes her a ultimate bad person?
You could walk down the street and get a sexual response from a man, you don't have to be completely naked to do that. Yes there is a difference between nudity and "smut", it is your opinion that this is "smut" and in my opinion it is Sofia posing naked, for whatever reason she wanted to.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #290  
Old 07-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The question wasn't directed at you, and I do not understand your answer?
What I actually meant was that she does not appear to be a princess in the making.

btw Lumutqueen, since I spend so much of my time reading through all your long posts in just about every section of TRF, would you kindky forgive me for answering a question that wasn't asked of me. It was only one line! Thanks.

Oh I nearly forgot, one of the reasons I thought the photo was sexual was because she's slunk to the floor next to the bathtub in her black shoes. It might be your opinion that it's just a nude picture but that doesn't seem to be the point of the picture.
__________________
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
- Mark Twain
  #291  
Old 07-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
What I actually meant was that she does not appear to be a princess in the making.

btw Lumutqueen, since I spend so much of my time reading through all your long posts in just about every section of TRF, would you kindky forgive me for answering a question that wasn't asked of me. It was only one line! Thanks.

Oh I nearly forgot, one of the reasons I thought the photo was sexual was because she's slunk to the floor next to the bathtub in her black shoes. It might be your opinion that it's just a nude picture but that doesn't seem to be the point of the picture.
Sorry for my long posts, sometimes I have a lot to say.
Maybe she is slumped on the floor because she is sleepy? And has yet to take of her shoes?

Also I would still like to ask about your comment, she doesn't appear to be a princess in the making? What has that got to do with my question about why Monna changed her opinion?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #292  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:21 PM
amedea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TORINO, Italy
Posts: 621
That picture is erotic and vulgar, Carla Bruni's ones are of a completely different kind and of a much higher level.
Being a royal is not "wearing tiaras, tuxedos and living in castles" but it's having peculiar responsabilities and duties and living with a peculiar dignity. All things that are very far away from what Sofia is.
I don't judge her, she can really be very intelligent and a wonderful person even if she posed naked for vulgar pics, but she cannot be princess material in a minimum serious monarchy. That's all.
__________________
  #293  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
That picture is erotic and vulgar, Carla Bruni's ones are of a completely different kind and of a much higher level.
Being a royal is not "wearing tiaras, tuxedos and living in castles" but it's having peculiar responsabilities and duties and living with a peculiar dignity. All things that are very far away from what Sofia is.
I don't judge her, she can really be very intelligent and a wonderful person even if she posed naked for vulgar pics, but she cannot be princess material in a minimum serious monarchy. That's all.
But as a royal you do wear Tiara's, Tuxedo's and live in a palace.
This was my way of stating that commoners are different to the royals.

Sofia isn't a royal, so she does not have the responsibilities of a royal or the duties.

She cannot be princess material in a minimum serious monarchy? I'm confused as to what you mean?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #294  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Are we looking at the same picture? No one, church or whatever, ever suggested the naked body is shocking, dirty or vile! I disagree with your attempt to ignore the obvious here. The woman is posing naked with only sexy black shoes on. It's obviously meant to be erotic and to get a sexual response from men who drool over pictures of anonymous women like this. It's done in the spirit of smut. There is a difference between nudity and smut.
A naked picture of Sofia is always going to elicit an erotic response from men because she is a beautiful woman with a sexy body. Period. That shot isn't anywhere near pornography.

Carla Bruni's pictures are not different in essence. She was photographed by more talented photographers so the pictures look better, and her body is not particularly voluptuous or sexy so the erotic charge is lower but that doesn't change the fact that I know exactly what her t*** & a** look like, and even how she styles her topiary.

I still stand by my point that the majority of taboo and uneasy people have regarding nudity and sexuality are down to religion and the teaching of the Church. That's OT though so I won't pursue this line of discussion.
__________________

  #295  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 123
Why, if she will have no responsabilities and duties, should the swedish people pay her - and her offspring - a luxurious lifestyle? The Sarkozys are elected for a limited timespan and his children will have to make a living on their own (though I'm sure he will see that it is eased a bit by his connections....) The swiss view on the Sarkozys is that he is a ridiculous narcisstic man and she is an equally narcissistic aging beauty who took the last chance for yet another cup full of fame and page one on the glossy magazines. But indeed she was a model of some standing and the nude pictures of her where by first class photographers and not just cheap centrefold stuff.
It's got nothing to do with the human body being dirty or whatever, but the heads of a community should have a bit of dignity or the people themselves will loose it, or will loose patience with them. So no, I think she cannot be princess in a serious monarchy, because she lacks dignity.
I think that prince CP would be better off anyway if he had to earn a living, it might change him from a boy of thirtysomething into a man who is more than just a pretty face in an uniform. In that respect, backrow royals and models are the same, all they have to do is to be photogenic. Maybe that is what they got in common?
__________________
  #296  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Why, if she will have no responsabilities and duties, should the swedish people pay her - and her offspring - a luxurious lifestyle?


I think that prince CP would be better off anyway if he had to earn a living, it might change him from a boy of thirtysomething into a man who is more than just a pretty face in an uniform. In that respect, backrow royals and models are the same, all they have to do is to be photogenic. Maybe that is what they got in common?
If she becomes a Princess, she will have responsibilities and duties to fulfill.

Also how is he suppose to earn a living?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #297  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Why, if she will have no responsabilities and duties, should the swedish people pay her - and her offspring - a luxurious lifestyle? The Sarkozys are elected [ETC.]
I won't bother quoting your entire post but I agree with everything you said (trust me, your opinion of the Sarkozys is also widely shared in France), with one exception.

Sofia lacks dignity? How so? Is that because she posed nude?
I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that. Some people will never get over those pictures and will use them to judge her character and values, other (such as me), won't ever understand what the fuss is about because to them, having dignity is about how you treat people: how loyal you are to those who matter to you, how civil you are to strangers, how respectful to your elders and how compassionate to those in need.

I fail to see how getting your kit off for a photo-shoot is in any way relevant here.
__________________

  #298  
Old 07-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Anne83's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 120
Carl Philip dates the wrong women Sophie or Emma aren't suitable
He must respect the Monarchy and choose a Princess Maybe Princess Beatrice of York or Theodora of Greece or Alexandra of Louxembourg
Be smart, CP
__________________
  #299  
Old 07-24-2010, 05:31 PM
amedea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TORINO, Italy
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
But as a royal you do wear Tiara's, Tuxedo's and live in a palace.
This was my way of stating that commoners are different to the royals.

Sofia isn't a royal, so she does not have the responsibilities of a royal or the duties.

She cannot be princess material in a minimum serious monarchy? I'm confused as to what you mean?
I mean that a prince of a royal family that is a minimum serious do not marry girls like Sofia unless he renounce his position.
__________________
  #300  
Old 07-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Anne83's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 120
Amedea is right
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 2016 06-27-2014 11:18 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]