The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sofia will have her big entrance into royal society at Estelle's christening. After that, its just a matter of time.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Nobility

probably true, but really nothing to pray for

Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will Sofia be allowed to attend the christening? I've never seen Daniel nor Jonas at anything like that prior to their engagements.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I don't think there is a guest list at the moment.
However, if Sofia does attend Estelle's christening, it will be a very clear indication an announcement can be expected at any time.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

If Sofia (and Chris) is invited to the baptism, the media will go crazy and it will take a lot of attention from the main thing, the baptism of the future queen, the first grandchild of the king.

At Expressen Extra:
Expressen reveals:
The man who took Sofia away from a catastrophe
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...a-ac05528ee713
Old 04-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The christening is considered a private event. If friends & family are invited, why not the siblings' partners? Even though the media will go crazy (what Sofia will long for, maybe Chris not as much) so be it.
If my sisters baby was christened and I wasnt allowed to bring my boyfriend, I wouldnt go myself, simple as that.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The christening is considered a private event.
Not at all - it's a very public event.
The royal christenings in Sweden always used to be celebrated on a grand scale, probably the most elaborate in ceremonial terms of any Royal House.
As it seems that the CP couple follows this tradition, it's a major public and royal event indeed, live broadcast and all, which would cast a major spotlight on any partner of the younger siblings who might attend.
IMHO strategically the wrong occasion for them to enter the public stage, definitely.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Not at all - it's a very public event.
The royal christenings in Sweden always used to be celebrated on a grand scale, probably the most elaborate in ceremonial terms of any Royal House.
As it seems that the CP couple follows this tradition, it's a major public and royal event indeed, live broadcast and all, which would cast a major spotlight on any partner of the younger siblings who might attend.
IMHO strategically the wrong occasion for them to enter the public stage, definitely.
Its not a State affair isnt it but by invitation? Apart from the usual dignitaries, friends & family will be invited who are considered private, I wonder if they arent allowed to bring their partner?
It would be ridiculous if Chris or Sofia werent allowed to be around, I mean this family was cool enough to invite Prince Albert and his girlfriend at the time, Charlene, to Victoria's wedding. I am no fan of Sofia, but like Chris she is a LIVE-IN partner of Victoria's siblings, and not some acquaintance.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Its not a State affair isnt it but by invitation? Apart from the usual dignitaries, friends & family will be invited who are considered private, I wonder if they arent allowed to bring their partner?
Only if the invitation is to both, if the invitation is to a friend/family member/guest without mentioning an invitation to their partner it's considered totally wrong to bring an uninvited partner. As for members of the royal family, with the exception of Albert and Charlene, partners don't attend royal events until the engagement are official, be it a wedding, christening or other event. I don't think princess Marie was a guest at the christening of princess Isabella in 2007.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Another royal wedding would be lovely, so I do look forward to an official announcement. However this will definitely only be after the christening of Princess Estelle. It will be interesting to see if Sophia will be allowed to attend.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It would be ridiculous if Chris or Sofia werent allowed to be around, I mean this family was cool enough to invite Prince Albert and his girlfriend at the time, Charlene, to Victoria's wedding. I am no fan of Sofia, but like Chris she is a LIVE-IN partner of Victoria's siblings, and not some acquaintance.
I'v always thought that Albert and Charlene were likely to have already been privately engaged by the time they attended Victoria's wedding.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I'v always thought that Albert and Charlene were likely to have already been privately engaged by the time they attended Victoria's wedding.
now we can speculate and say, if chris or sofia appear, thats the case with these couples too.

i dont expect the christening as formal as the wedding. for that reason, at an event such as a christening, i'd find it strange if the partners wouldnt be invited. its about the family. i mean, chris is known within the family and cg & silvia have allowed private holiday pictures including sofia. they dont have to come together or even sit together (for the public) but not around at all? its not how an obviously serious live-in partner should be treated.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade

now we can speculate and say, if chris or sofia appear, thats the case with these couples too.

i dont expect the christening as formal as the wedding. for that reason, at an event such as a christening, i'd find it strange if the partners wouldnt be invited. its about the family. i mean, chris is known within the family and cg & silvia have allowed private holiday pictures including sofia. they dont have to come together or even sit together (for the public) but not around at all? its not how an obviously serious live-in partner should be treated.
I would be very surprised if Chris and Sofia are allowed to attend the christening ceremony. Maybe the private lunch/Dinner at the Palace afterwards but not the ceremony in the palace church. It is defenitely not a private event only for the family. It is a grand state event with royal dignitaries from most royal houses, ambassadors, government people, parliament members, staff to the royal court, governors and representants from official institutions invited. How many friends to the couple that Will be invited depends on how many seats that Will be left after the "important guests are invited. The royal Palace Church in Stockholm is quite big so i expect there Will be around 500 guests.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Courtier

I agree, that this is a "kind of state affair", as Estelle is the future Queen.
On the other hand, when King Carl Gustav celebrated his (???? 60th) birthday, ha also invited all heads the neighbour states as well as all crowned heads -- and the (former) partners of his children were invited as well.

Also Carl Philipp AND Sofia were the first ones, who visited little Estelle on her first day of her life.

So it COULD be, that they are invited....
BYe Bine
Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I agree, that this is a "kind of state affair", as Estelle is the future Queen.
On the other hand, when King Carl Gustav celebrated his (???? 60th) birthday, ha also invited all heads the neighbour states as well as all crowned heads -- and the (former) partners of his children were invited as well.
But only to the private party the evening before the birthday and not to the official celebrations on the actual birthday.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Both finnish Iltalehti and MTV3 are quoting Expressen.
There are "new" photos of Sofia spreading, they have never been published before. Photographer Lennart M Sjöberg told to Expressen, that Sofia has called him and asked that he would take all the photos of Sofia away from his internet page and destroy them. The photo with Sofia on the beach with her hands tied with a silk ribbon is already spreading. The photos have been taken in Thailand in 2001 when Sofia was 16 years old, according to Sjöberg they belong to a collection "A prisoner in Paradise", they were meant to be used in a cover of a CD, but they were never used, as far as Sjöberg knows. "Among the photos there are some, which aren´t good for Sofia's actual status. The photos can´t be described as innocent and pure. On the other hand, some people might think that the photos are harmless" says Sjöberg. He is convinced that someone who wants to insult Sofia with the new photos, is just envious of her. "Sofia is a very well mannered and nice girl. Many can not accept her get to her present position, because she does not come from a wealthy family. She is considered to be an opportunist", Sjöberg suspects.
According to Expressen, Sofia has told to Carl Philip about that the photos are spreading. The court does not want to comment on them in any way. "We do not speak of such things", The head of the press department, Bertil Ternert said to Expressen.
Carl Philipin Sofia jälleen kohun keskellä - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset
Prinssi Carl Philipin rakas: Taas uusi nakukuvakohu! | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi
Old 04-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Courtier

If these photos were to have been used on the cover of a CD how bad can they be really. ?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Both finnish Iltalehti and MTV3 are quoting Expressen.
There are "new" photos of Sofia spreading, they have never been published before. Photographer Lennart M Sjöberg told to Expressen, that Sofia has called him and asked that he would take all the photos of Sofia away from his internet page and destroy them. The photo with Sofia on the beach with her hands tied with a silk ribbon is already spreading. The photos have been taken in Thailand in 2001 when Sofia was 16 years old, according to Sjöberg they belong to a collection "A prisoner in Paradise", they were meant to be used in a cover of a CD, but they were never used, as far as Sjöberg knows. "Among the photos there are some, which aren´t good for Sofia's actual status. The photos can´t be described as innocent and pure. On the other hand, some people might think that the photos are harmless" says Sjöberg. He is convinced that someone who wants to insult Sofia with the new photos, is just envious of her. "Sofia is a very well mannered and nice girl. Many can not accept her get to her present position, because she does not come from a wealthy family. She is considered to be an opportunist", Sjöberg suspects.
According to Expressen, Sofia has told to Carl Philip about that the photos are spreading. The court does not want to comment on them in any way. "We do not speak of such things", The head of the press department, Bertil Ternert said to Expressen.
Carl Philipin Sofia jälleen kohun keskellä - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset
Prinssi Carl Philipin rakas: Taas uusi nakukuvakohu! | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi
I'm shocked, really

Breffney, even don't try image it.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I'm shocked, really

Breffney, even don't try image it.
Too funny. !
Old 04-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness

I'm serious, I saw few photos of Sofia, this famous with snake too