The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Courtier

As I already posted in the Madeleine/Chris-thread I wonder how things will develop also for CP and Sofia now that Victoria´s healthy daughter is born. Wonder who will become engaged first: CP or Madeleine - but not before the baptism.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Serene Highness

Yeah, there may be a fight between these two, who is allowed to announce it first , especially as the relationship between Madeleine and Sofia seems to be a - ummm - rather cold one .

Has it been commented in the Swedish tabloids, that CP was the first one to visit the newborn Princess not alone, but together with Sofia?

BYe Bine

Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Has it been commented in the Swedish tabloids, that CP was the first one to visit the newborn Princess not alone, but together with Sofiia?
Who said, she was there? All I heard is that Carl Philip and Sofia made an unofficial statement saying they congratulate to the birth and are very happy for the new parents.

And if Sofia has also visited, so what? She belongs to the private Bernadotte family as a girlfriend of one of the family members. Why shouldn't she be there to congratulate the sister and brother-in-law of her boyfriend in person? I think it wouldbe a very nice gesture of her if she did.

Regarding the possible engagements: I'm sure Carl Philip and Sofia will be next. Simply because they're a couple for way longer and because Sofia knows more about life in Sweden. She's simply more in touch with the life that will wait for her if she marries into the royal family than Chris, and Sofia also in some way has more princes training with her own charity and all that comes with that. With Chris I don't seeall of this. Quiet the contrary: I could imagine more that Madeleine steps away from everything (doing a Johan Friso or Märtha Louise so to say), marry Chris in a little family ceremony without making it to a big event and contiune her life in NY and at the World Childhood Foundation as Mrs. Madeleine O'Neill, Princess of Sweden who doesn't belong to the swedish royal house anymore.

But hey, we all could very well be surprised by a big double wedding of all four of them together. Everything still is possible.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Who said, she was there? All I heard is that Carl Philip and Sofia made an unofficial statement saying they congratulate to the birth and are very happy for the new parents.
As far as I know Sofia was. I've seen her photo with CP. It was written under the photo that they were on the way to the Haga Palace.

http://i40.tinypic.com/35i3lg3.jpg
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Sofia followed Carl Philip to Haga Palace to se the little princess and to congratulate the parents. That's not controversial at all as she is living with him and is accepted by the king and queen as well by the Crown princess couple. I don't belive in everything the media writes about her and Madeleine. And if it's true it doesn't matter. Madeleine can't dictate any rules for her brother.
I'm sure Sofia will be the next person to take place in the royal family.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Yeah, I agree. Sofia has been dating CP for a long time. It's quite normal that CP has visited the new-born princess together with his girl-friend.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

When they discussed about possible names for the Princess, one mentioned Sofia. Then someone said they can´t name her after the uncle´s wife. I shuddered about this Freudian slip. I bet they already married in Las Vegas Would fit to them

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 02-25-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Then someone said they can´t name her after the uncle´s wife.
Funny. Everything seems to have been decided concerning the marriage
Old 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

When the press even calls her the perfect Princess (what a joke) than yeah, it´s IMO just a matter of time when they announce the engagement.
After her what will come now? Man, CP set the bar lower.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Nobility

I think an engagment will come in the spring, with a late summer or early autumn 2012 wedding.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 AM
Serene Highness

I really hope we will have a royal wedding here in Sweden before the end of the year !
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Nobility

IF there is an engagement, i say IF, before the baptism of Estelle then Sofia will be one of the godparents
Old 03-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
When the press even calls her the perfect Princess (what a joke) than yeah, it´s IMO just a matter of time when they announce the engagement.
After her what will come now? Man, CP set the bar lower.
CP may have set the bar low, but it doesn't matter now. He's 3rd in line and I am sure that within the next two years there will be another child for Victoria and Daniel. I don't see them settling for one child.

That being the case, CP should should marry whomever he wants. Everyone is always saying that modern royals should marry for love, and CP is a modern royal.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
IF there is an engagement, i say IF, before the baptism of Estelle then Sofia will be one of the godparents
I don't think that they would announce an engagement before the baptism. That would lead the focus more at the new engaged couple and not on the main person, Princess Estelle.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia was seen on Thursday walking with her sister Lina in Stockholm.
Sofia Hellqvist ute med syrran – Carl Philip åker SkejtVasan | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation
Old 03-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

How to you pronounce Sofia's last name? I don't think Sofia looks too much like Victoria, but I noticed that both of them have a prominent chin.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I read a while ago that CP and Sofia knew one another for about 18 years before they got together. ? Is this true. ? How did they become acquainted. ?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Courtier

I don't know about the 18 years, but what I heard was, that CP and Sofia met each other and become acquainted when CP was still together with Emma. If I remember right it was something around 2 years before he and Emma broke up. But that's also just hearsay and could be right or completely wrong.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
knew one another for about 18 years before they got together. ? Is this true. ? How did they become acquainted. ?
Do you mean 18 months?
And there's 107 pages in this thread and somewhere it may say where/ how they met but I can't remember.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to this article in Expressen, Carl Philip met Sofia for the first time in summer 2008 in Båstad. Carl Philip was there with his good friends. One afternoon he was at a cafe when Sofia Hellqvist suddenly appeared. She and Carl Philip were introduced to each other. Carl Philip continued with Emma Pernald to a holiday at St. Maxime.
Sofia became interested in charity work. Carl Philip and Emma separated at February 2009. According to Expressen, after Carl Philip and Emma broke up, Carl Philip called to Sofia. First they were just calling each other, but soon they started seeing eachother, by going to the movies and meeting eachother at the clubs, which were owned by trusted friends of Carl Philip.
Prins Carl Philips hemliga möten med Sofia Hellqvist | Extra | Expressen
Google translation

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships