King Carl XVI Gustaf & Queen Silvia, Picture Thread Part 1: June 2003 - October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Translation from article in the national Swedish newspaper Expressen, 8 April:

Picture: loading the elephants

The King’s elephants have landed!

Sanoi and Bua were about to cause a diplomatic crisis. Last night The King’s elephants came to Sweden.
- This is great. I have been nervous for weeks, says Mats Höggren, Animal Director at the Kolmården Animal Park.

It was a long trip for the two six- and seven years old elephants. Around five AM yesterday morning they took of by plane from Bangkok in Thailand. At a stop in Frankfurt, the animals were loaded onto an especially charted Herkules plane. Last night at two PM they came to Norrköping Airport.
- They seem calm and nice. Now we can relax, said Mats Höggren, Animal Director at the Kolmården Animal Park last night.
- Elephants are so special and magnificent animals. They put high demands on us. Those we are going to live up to.

But Sanoi and Bua’s home will have to wait. The elephant females were taken directly into quarantine in an industrial area in the outskirt of Norrköping. King Carl Gustaf received the elephants as a gift by the Thai King Bhumiol during a visit in the country last year.

Kolmården approved.
But it was for long not clear whether the gifts could be received by Sweden. After long discussions – that were about to cause a diplomatic crisis – Kolmården Animal Park was approved by the Thai Minister for Culture as their new home.

On 1 May, the elephants will arrive at the park. That day The King and his family will visit the park to welcome their new “pets”.

Queen Silvia looks lovely. For some strange reason, she reminds me of Caroline von Monaco. If I were to see them both in the streets, then I'd swear they were mother and daughter.

You see, don't they look like mother and daughter? Oh my, they both have the same nose, hair color, and skin complexion.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do look similair, but I think Sylvia and Victoria look more alike. When I look at pictures of Sylvia, sometimes I see Jackie Kennedy, especially as she got older. I definitely see it in those last two pictures with Caroline of Monaco.

Yes, they look very much alike...but I would rather say they look like elder sister and younger...Queen Silvia looks in spite of her 60 years much younger, and in the last years IMO Caroline aged a lot (smoking?!)...and Caroline is only 13 years and 1 month younger than Queen Silvia...

The pictures of Silvia and Caroline are almost freaky to me...they look so much alike. I think that they look much more alike than Silvia and Victoria. In my opinion, that Silvia and Caroline look so similar just goes to show how young Silvia still looks for her age!

Thanks for posting those. I love those early photos. They are so cool.

aww, from the Kings 50th birthday 1996... I love Silvias dress!

Here is a photo from 1978, I think, with their eldest child:

photo

Here is a photo from June of 2003:

photo

Picture 8 is fantastic! Now I know where Victoria got her ability to make faces from.

Look at Silvia's facial expression and keep an watch for pictures of Crown Princess Victoria who makes some of the funniest faces I've ever seen captured in a photograph or image. Its almost as if no set of pictures of CP Victoria is complete without a funny face-picture of her. :flower:

Yennie  Posted: May 30th, 2004 - 10:17 am

a sweet picture of the king and his queen...taken by me

Silvia and Carl Gustaf
Hey, Yennie ... it looks to me like the royals drop their "media face" with you.

Love all your pics. :flower:

Originally posted by Dennism@May 6th, 2004 - 10:34 pm
Here is a photo from 1978, I think, with their eldest child:

photo
:lol: Just read your caption...well, who should this child be, when not Victoria?Madeleine was always blonde/blue eyed and Carl Philip in a dress??? (would explain the gay rumours ;) :p
Or were you refering on the year? But then it´s IMO also clear that it can be only 1978

Yes. I was not sure it was 1978. But it does make sense. I have seen photos from 77 and of course, there is a clear difference. But she looks about right for 18 months old.

Actually, from the photo with CG and S, it looks like Silvia is saying something like "Too bad for her that Carl Philip has Emma. She´d be great for him." :p

Originally posted by Yennie@May 31st, 2004 - 10:12 am
haha sure Dennis :p

Yes. I know it to be true. You should believe me. :p

Hallo Dennism,
many thanks for the pictures from office the queen silvia.
By which term and date did the three pictures made from king carl Gustaf (Gala,Queen Silvia behind the king)?

You have stumped me. I know the event but I can not think of it. If it was Decemeber 11th, then it would be in connection with the Nobel Prize Ceremonies. But I think that date is wrong.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 7th, 2004 - 10:31 am
You have stumped me. I know the event but I can not think of it. If it was Decemeber 11th, then it would be in connection with the Nobel Prize Ceremonies. But I think that date is wrong.
Thanks for your answer. I think the pictures are from 20.12.03 (Gala Kungliga Akademie) or did you have another pictures form this event?

I can not find anymore for now but I will keep my eyes open.

Nice pictures, Dennis. Little Carl Gustaf was a very handsome boy. But always when I see photos of the young CG I have to think about the tragedies of his childhood (father dead, future heir, alone in between 4 much older sisters and a depressive/depressed mother) :(

BTW what does "chabo" mean?!

Yes. He was a cute boy. But you´re right. Such a tragic early life. :( Chabo was his early classmates´ nickname for him. Not sure what it means.

BTW what does "chabo" mean?!
It´s the kings nickname... "Chabo" or "Tjabo" doesn´t mean anything in swedish, I think its just a nickname his friends made up

so cute pics...such a shame that he had such a terrible childhood, but hey...He got to marry the woman he loved(s).. :heart: ;) and they have three wonderful children. He has been very lucky in that way. I also think that he is very thankful for his family and job...(sometimes) :lol: , and that he is a very happy man! ;)

Yes. Luck or fate as it were, certainly shined on him after all. He met a wonderful woman and they have 3 wonderful children indeed.

yeah...I, and queen Silvia, believe it was destiny that brought them together. It was apperently just ment to be :heart: And they are cute. :heart: Please help me...I have a problem with www.ibl.se I can't get to see previews of the pics anymore...does anyone know what's wrong...or how to get to see them...I would just love to get some pro help...so thanks.. ;)

t4p (-> I´ve learned that from a certain Yennie :p )

No midsummer-party tonight?? Try to call, Danny and Victoria...maybe you can join them ;) ...well, they probably watch soccer as well (btw very exciting game)

nope, no party tonight. I´ll take that tomorrow :p and no soccer either...boring game. But I´ll defintely watch on saturday!!

go sweden :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom