King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 9: May 2014-February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
6qch9h.png

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden's Current Events, Part Nine
Commencing May 2014

Part Eight can be found here.

Please follow the TRF Rules and Guidelines when posting.

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf inaugurated this year's Solliden exhibition "I kungliga kök – en exposé genom hundra år" ("In the royal kitchen - an exposé during one hundred years") in Öland.
Kungen invigde årets Sollidenutställning - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

Queen Silvia has given an interview to Dagens Nyheter (DN) Lördag (Saturday): Silvia about her struggle
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnwMlkhIgAANrz9.jpg

What struggle is this article referring to?

The "struggle" seems to be about exposure to computers, mobiles and their potential connection with dementia.

- translation is from Google translate
Silvias oro för datorer och mobiltelefoner | Nyheter | Expressen

Drottning Silvia is dotterdottern Estelle orolig to be affected by computers and mobile phones that are självklara in barns uppväxt today. It said in an interview i hon Today's news Lördag .

- They are wide meantime omgivna of computers, music, Ipods and Ipads . How it will affect their hjärnor ? I would is willing to talk to a hjärnexpert said hon .

Once Silvia Sommerlath became svensk drottning 1976 concluded hon to a mansdominerat Hov, the berättar hon i journalisten Björn af Kleens the interview published today in Dagens news Lördag . She berättar on how to Mandan Mandan hon hovstaten succeeded in modernizing and creating an own platform which drottning .

- At the same time I would build up min activities, interests, and when tänkte mina jag : jag Hur gives the best to ensure, without discussion occur ? Nurse , when I am tänkte . They have the knowledge , känslor , they are balanced, kloka . I tänkte on them as dörröppnare , because all are interested in that issue of their diseases, said Silvia drottning to DN Lördag .

" Inte ens en Hast can Matala it "

It spent the hon notably its influence attention to is to create awareness of dementia . Launched in 1996 to hon Silviahemmet vidareutbilda vårdpersonal i practicable demensvård . Background to the commitment is deeply personligt - it was started when drottningens mamma Alice Sommerlath själv drabbades of disease in the early 1990 's. Following the drottningens pappa , Walther Sommerlath , dog Silvia chockad 1990 were reviewed mammans situation and kontaktade Professor Barbro Beck - Friis , the hon Ott on a journey , and the latter would launch hon Silviahemmet with .

- I tänkte : 17 tabletter per day. Ens en Hast can not Matala it . I am therefore took contact with Barbro Beck - Friis , said Silvia drottning in DN - intervjun .

Following the bodde her staff at Drottningholm mamma and received a part of their lives back , according drottning Silvia . And fight in order to highlight the extent sjukdomen and higher gain in knowledge of the i vårdutbildningarna was started . Pallativ vårdfilosofi var a starting point , and the objective was to provide both the quality of life devoted dementa and anhöriga around around . Professor Barbro Beck - Friis partners in the project which was drottningen describes as a " genomgod person" .

" As soon were conducted ranging from internet"

Today is also the children's conditions, that is committed drottning Silvia . While the hovet using its homepage , Youtube and Facebook are mormor drottningen orolig for the functioning of the technological developments affecting hjärnor barns . Prinsessan Estelle is today, at two years of age snabbtänkt and fun, according to its mormor .

- There will be so märkligt . Soon were conducted ranging from internet. Man need no longer people . What happens with empatin ? I is lite orolig for Estelle . Now is hon underbar , SOT and so harmonious . But how much of this improvement developments affecting Henne ? Silvia said in Dagens news drottning Lördag .

The big and long interview in DN (Dagens Nyheter)
Dagarna med drottningen - DN.SE
Translation

The Queen is worried that her granddaughter Estelle will be affected by computers and cell phones that are obvious in children's growth today.
- They are constantly surrounded by computers, music, Ipods and Ipads. How will it affect their brains? I would like to speak with a brain expert.
The Queen as grandmother is worried about how technological developments affect children's brains. Princess Estelle is today at age two quick witted and funny, according to her grandmother.
- It will be so strange. Soon, all is handled from the internet. You do not need people anymore. What about empathy? I'm a little worried about Estelle. Now she's wonderful, sweet and so harmonious. But how much influence this development has to her? says Queen Silvia at the DN interview.

Last edited:
On 16th May 2014 the queen open the "Internationell Barnrättskonferens" in University Stockholm.

I like very much the photos of Silvia in salmon pink, especially the ones with her sitting down. They are lovely and peaceful.

The ones with her standing up; is that her little room, and that her bed next door to CG's perhaps massive bedroom? ;) And the painting of her in the other photo; she looks like a mad Miss Universe of some sort.

A photo of Silvia a couple of posts higher, in light blue, attending a seminar on children's rights; she looks touched with what she is seeing or hearing. It's unfortunate that seminars like this need to be arranged, but there are probably a billion of children in this world with no rights or decent treatment. Any publicity to try to amend the situation is good.

I like very much the photos of Silvia in salmon pink, especially the ones with her sitting down. They are lovely and peaceful.

The ones with her standing up; is that her little room, and that her bed next door to CG's perhaps massive bedroom? ;) And the painting of her in the other photo; she looks like a mad Miss Universe of some sort.

Obviously you didn't read the photo texts, the photos have been taken at the Silvia Home (Silviahemmet), a daycare center for people with dementia. Silviahemmet Foundation was founded by the initiative of HM Queen Silvia on Valentine's Day 1996.

Last edited:
No, I didn't read them. - But I was just being silly, anyway. :)

On Tuesday evening the king and queen attended at the annual meeting of the Friends of the National Museum at the Royal Palace.
Kungaparet vid Nationalmusei vänners årsmöte - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The king held today farewell audiences for ambassadors: Mwinyi Mzale from Tanzania och Harry Helenius from Finland. Queen Silvia attended at the audience with Mr. Helenius, since she attends always at the audiences with the Nordic countries' ambassadors.
Kungen höll avskedsaudienser - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia visit Kristianstad today. Kristianstad celebrates it's 400 years.
Kungaparet besöker Kristianstad 400 år - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

APA-PictureDesk

Great gallery from Expressen's Kvällsposten. The celebration continues in the evening. This gallery will be updated during the evening.
Kungligt firande när Kristianstad blir 400 Kvällsposten

Photos taken by the people of Kristianstad
Följ med när stan firar 400 - 400-årsjubileet - Kristianstadsbladet - Nyheter dygnet runt

Video
http://www.kristianstadsbladet.se/webbtv/article2163056/Kungaparet-besoker-Silversmedjan.html
From SVT news
Sydnytt möter kungaparet SVT Play

Last edited:
Queen Silvia
Drottning Silvia hade kul på Gröna Lund | Svensk Damtidning
La Journée de la Petite Enfance à Gröna Lund

gallery
Drottningen: Victoria räknade sina "pappor" | GT
"When told the queen suddenly following story:
- When Victoria was little, she came back and showed me a small purse. I asked if she had anything in it and she showed some crown coins. I asked how many there were and Victoria took out his money and counted out loud: A father, two dad, three "

Queen Silvia
Drottning Silvia hade kul på Gröna Lund | Svensk Damtidning

gallery
- When Victoria was little, she came back and showed me a small purse. I asked if she had anything in it and she showed some crown coins. I asked how many there were and Victoria took out his money and counted out loud: A father, two dad, three "

Oh that's lovely! Brought a big smile on my face, as it's very cute. :)

Queen Silvia has told this story a few times before too.

King Carl Gustaf attended on Monday at the WWF annual meeting and also at the inauguration of the Hemmesta Wetlands in the archipelago of Stockholm.
APA-Picturedesk

Kungen invigde Hemmesta sjöäng - Värmdö kommun

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom