The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king and queen attended on Saturday at the premiere of opera "Madama Butterfly" at the Royal Opera.
Kungaparet på Madama Butterfly - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...646353c05ca65b

Old 11-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The king and queen attended on Saturday at the premiere of opera "Madama Butterfly" at the Royal Opera.
Kungaparet på Madama Butterfly - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...646353c05ca65b

Nice to see them happy and enjoining the Madam Butterfly

Old 11-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king attended on Tuesday at the Swedish Armed Forces' final exercise 'Joint Action' in Småland.
Kungen vid Joint Action 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk
Old 11-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Courtier

So I am not sure where to post this but I just found this wonderful account of a visit Silvia and Carl Gustaf did in September 2012. I did not see it in the archives so I decided maybe someone would like to read it. There is some great accounts of a little banter going back between the two of them plus lots of good quotes. Enjoy!
Heléne Björklund: Bilder från Kungaparets besök i Sölvesborg
Old 11-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf attended on Thursday at the Board meeting of King Carl XVI Gustaf's 50th Jubilee Fund at the Royal Palace.
Styrelsemöte i stiftelsen H.M. Konungens 50-årsfond - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

And the king gave a farewell audience to Jaak Jõerüüt, the ambassador of Estonia in Sweden.
Kungen höll avskedsaudiens för Estlands ambassadör - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 11-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

King of Sweden congratulates ‘State of Palestine’ on its ‘National Day’
Carl XVI Gustaf becomes first European monarch to officially mark Yasser Arafat’s 1988 declaration of independence
King of Sweden congratulates 'State of Palestine' on its 'National Day' The Times of Israel

The court stated that the reason the king sent an official greeting is the Swedish government's recognition of Palestine earlier this fall.
- Sweden's head of state sends, according to the usual routine in conjunction with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, telegram on the National Day to all countries. When the Swedish government recognized the State of Palestine, there has also been sent to Palestine's national day, says Margareta Thorgren.
She would not comment on if the king knows that he is the first monarch to come up with a greeting, but believes that this is the formality of sending telegrams to all the countries on the National Day for several years.
Kungen skickade grattis till Palestina Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 11-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia held a diplomatic reception for the ambassadors from Finland, Brazil, Norway, Pakistan, Venezuela, Sudan and North Korea.
Diplomatmottagning på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 11-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Oh that's lovely! Brought a big smile on my face, as it's very cute. :)
I suspect republicans wouldn't find that cute at all. Quite the contrary, actually !
Old 11-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia held a diplomatic reception for the ambassadors from Finland, Brazil, Norway, Pakistan, Venezuela, Sudan and North Korea.
Diplomatmottagning på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Although he is no longer part of the Swedish government, King Carl XVI Gustaf has an intense diplomatic agenda as Head of State as your previous posts show: accepting diplomatic credentials in formal ceremonies, hosting separate informal receptions for newly appointed diplomats, sending telegrams on the National Day of countries with which Sweden has diplomatic relations, presiding over the advisory Foreign Affairs Council, hosting visiting heads of state/government, and serving as head of several Swedish business, scientific, cultural or sports delegations in overseas trips.

It helps to remind us that monarchy is far more than charity, fashion or celebrity.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf gave today an audience to Iceland's ambassador Gunnar Gunarsson, publisher Johan Sigurdsson, editor Annette Lassen, graphic artist Karin Birgitte Lund and writer Þórarinn Eldjárn at the Royal Palace. They donated the new translation of the Sagas of Icelanders in five bindings to the king.
APA-Picturedesk

The King has written the foreword to the Swedish edition, Queen Margrethe to the Danish and King Harald at the Norwegian edition.
The King writes, among other things:
"As a Swedish one feels immediately at home in Iceland. One reason is the more than a thousand years old relations between Iceland and Sweden. I therefore welcome the Swedish edition of this translation of all the Sagas of Icelanders. This ambitious publishing project is also a sign of the good Nordic cooperation."
Kungen och den svenska utgåvan av islänningasagorna - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 11-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf delivered today the Prince Eugen Medals. The medal is awarded for outstanding artistic achievement.
Kungen delade ut Prins Eugenmedaljen - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia attends today and tomorrow in New York at the celebration of 25 years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. She co-chairs a panel discussion today.
25 years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child is the world a better place for children - talk.unicef.org

Queen Silvia at the event in UN, celebrating the 25 years of the Convention of the Rights of the Child. Queen Silvia is there with prime minister Stefan Löfven and Minister for Children, the Elderly and Gender Equality, Åsa Regnér.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B25f4v1IQAAb-LX.jpg:large
Old 11-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Instagram
Instagram
Instagram
Instagram

More photos
Old 11-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The queen co-chairs an interactive Panel discussion: “25 Years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child: is the World a better place for children?”
The UN live-tv shows the discussion live, it starts soon (at about 3.00 pm).
UN Live United Nations Web TV - Live Now - General Assembly: Interactive Panel discussion: ?25 Years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child: is the World a better place for children??

The queen speaking
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B26TQPDCYAAgi3e.jpg

Drottningen vid barnkonventionens 25-årsjubileum - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 11-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Seems like Princess Madeleine is also at the UN

https://m.facebook.com/PrincessMadel...com.mt%2F&_rdr
Old 11-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Courtier

I am very curious- Which language do you think Silvia is listening to the speeches in? She has a wide variety of many languages that she could choose. She is still there by the way- She did not leave. Apparently she has been in the back of the room all day listening. She really does have a devotion to children and I applaud her for that.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Unique outfit. I like the color. The buttons are okay, too. Looks nice.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
Seems like Princess Madeleine is also at the UN

https://m.facebook.com/PrincessMadel...com.mt%2F&_rdr
Queen Silvia was interviewed in Al Jazeera America by Antonio Mora about World Childhood Foundation: "Queen Silvia of Sweden discusses her global crusade to prevent the abuse and exploitation of children."
https://twitter.com/AJConsiderThis/s...63508096958464
Madeleine was obviously watching the recording.

Nice black and white photo of the queen yesterday.
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...61365038_n.jpg

Silvia Är alltid barnen som betalar priset Nyheter Expressen
Translation

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...34/silvia1.jpg

Galleries
Kuninkaalliskuvat Kuningatar Silvia ja Ruotsin pääministeri YK n kokouksessa New Yorkissa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
APA-Picturedesk
Old 11-21-2014, 06:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I am very curious- Which language do you think Silvia is listening to the speeches in? She has a wide variety of many languages that she could choose. She is still there by the way- She did not leave. Apparently she has been in the back of the room all day listening. She really does have a devotion to children and I applaud her for that.
Interesting question. I don't think the speaches are available in german. If I had to pick one, I would go for german. She spoke german at home when she was younger, and lived in Germany for many years. My second and third guess would be english or portugeese.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, king carl gustaf and queen silvia, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia