The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-01-2014, 06:17 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,802
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia were seen on Monday in Neuburg, Germany. The king drove a Ferrari, followed by another Ferrari driven by the bodyguards.
In Sunday evening they were seen in Klosterbräu. Lord Mayor Bernhard Gmehling had asked them to sign the Golden Book, but they refused because it wasn't an official visit. On Monday after the breakfast they made a spontaneous visit to Flämische Barockgalerie with the Lord Mayor.
Because the bodyguards were discreetly in the background and the Neuburger police were in civilian clothes, the Royal visit was barely noticed, Gmehling describes his impressions. The royal couple wore casual clothes. The royal couple wanted to eat bratwurst and potatoes and chatted about and hour with mayor Gmehling and his wife. Besides the formal address "Your Majesty", everything was quite casual and loose. Gmehling spoke german with the queen and english with the king. The Queen had shown photos of how Midsummer is celebrated in Sweden. The men discovered a commonality: both like to cook. The bodyguard took a photo which goes to the private album of the Lord Mayor and may not be published. Some goes also to the photo taken at the Klosterbräu Hotel. The king and queen continued yesterday afternoon their trip, perhaps to Switzerland.
Neuburg Schwedisches Königspaar auf Geheimbesuch in Neuburg - Nachrichten Neuburg - Augsburger Allgemeine
Google translation

The photo of the king and queen in Germany
https://graph.facebook.com/785623211470464/picture
__________________

  #42  
Old 07-01-2014, 01:40 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,802
Hotelier Otto Böhm tells that the hotel rooms for the king and queen at the Klosterbräu were booked incognito, three days before they arrived the hotel was told who was coming.
The king and queen arrived in Sunday evening, with four bodyguards and an officer. The Neuburg police put two officers to secure the visit. On Monday the couple walked in Neuburg with Lord Mayor Bernhard Gmehling. His wife Hermione gushed afterwards: "Both of them are so natural - and incredibly likeable."
Silvia und Carl Gustav von Schweden Geheimbesuch in Bayern Stars
__________________

  #43  
Old 07-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia were seen on Monday in Neuburg, Germany. The king drove a Ferrari, followed by another Ferrari driven by the bodyguards.
In Sunday evening they were seen in Klosterbräu. Lord Mayor Bernhard Gmehling had asked them to sign the Golden Book, but they refused because it wasn't an official visit. On Monday after the breakfast they made a spontaneous visit to Flämische Barockgalerie with the Lord Mayor.
Because the bodyguards were discreetly in the background and the Neuburger police were in civilian clothes, the Royal visit was barely noticed, Gmehling describes his impressions. The royal couple wore casual clothes. The royal couple wanted to eat bratwurst and potatoes and chatted about and hour with mayor Gmehling and his wife. Besides the formal address "Your Majesty", everything was quite casual and loose. Gmehling spoke german with the queen and english with the king. The Queen had shown photos of how Midsummer is celebrated in Sweden. The men discovered a commonality: both like to cook. The bodyguard took a photo which goes to the private album of the Lord Mayor and may not be published. Some goes also to the photo taken at the Klosterbräu Hotel. The king and queen continued yesterday afternoon their trip, perhaps to Switzerland.
Neuburg Schwedisches Königspaar auf Geheimbesuch in Neuburg - Nachrichten Neuburg - Augsburger Allgemeine
Google translation

The photo of the king and queen in Germany
https://graph.facebook.com/785623211470464/picture

thank you LadyFinn
does the king speak German? I would think he does
  #44  
Old 07-01-2014, 02:08 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
thank you LadyFinn
does the king speak German? I would think he does
According to the swedish press, the king doesn't speak german. If he would, I would think that he would have spoken german with the Lord Mayor and not english.
  #45  
Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,802
Finnish MTV has photos of the king and queen on their holiday, probably taken in St. Maxime. They seemed to be on a very good mood and the king showed thumbs up to the photographers.
KUVAT Kaarle Kustaa ja Silvia aurinkolomalla – hauskat reissuvirneet ja tuuletukset - Viihde - MTV.fi
  #46  
Old 07-09-2014, 03:50 PM
MagMil's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Posts: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Finnish MTV has photos of the king and queen on their holiday, probably taken in St. Maxime. They seemed to be on a very good mood and the king showed thumbs up to the photographers.
KUVAT Kaarle Kustaa ja Silvia aurinkolomalla – hauskat reissuvirneet ja tuuletukset - Viihde - MTV.fi

Le couple royal suédois en vacances sur la Côte d'Azur
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost
  #47  
Old 07-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,876
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...56854445_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...86022821_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...28526310_n.jpg
__________________
Acclamation Manuel II of Portugal: 6 May 1908
  #48  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,003

In these photos it appears Kungen has a bracelet on his wrist. Has anyone ever seen it before?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile appo
  #49  
Old 07-11-2014, 02:49 PM
ursulajohanna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,261
Was this year no years celebration "Konstnärernas Vänner" in May in Waldemarsudde/Djurgarden?
The last years the queen attend this Event every time.
  #50  
Old 07-12-2014, 05:26 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,802
More photos of the king and queen at St. Maxime on their boat
Kungaparets soliga semester på Rivieran Nyheter Expressen

More photos from Friday, according to Aftonbladet, the king and queen have been at St. Maxime with their friends, count Peder and countess Liane Wachtmeister.
Vad kikar du efter, kungen Nyheter Aftonbladet
  #51  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:20 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,802
The king delivered this afternoon The Öland Inhabitant of the Year award in Solliden. Also the queen attended.
Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Kungaparet hyllade Årets Ölänning - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

King Carl Gustaf told to Swedish Radio, that the family has this week some days together in Solliden. Then everyone goes to meet their friends and "tourist" a little.

One more photo
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...39573297_n.jpg
  #52  
Old 07-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,003
This video appears not to have been posted yet. Here is a interview Silvia and Carl Gustaf gave in June. Aftonbladet TV: Exklusiv intervju med kungen
  #53  
Old 07-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,003
http://instagram.com/p/q1g1CUD9_d/
The King and Queen were spotted attending a concert.
  #54  
Old 07-26-2014, 01:31 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Instagram
The King and Queen were spotted attending a concert.
They attended at the 20th anniversary of the Dalhalla Amphitheatre in Rättvik on Wednesday. Tenor José Carreras gave a concert with soprano Simge Büyükedes and the Stockholm Concert Orchestra conducted by David Giménez.
http://images.mmcloud.se/api/v1/imag...4ff7cc/900.jpg

The king and queen were with Stefan Persson, the chairman and main shareholder in fashion company H&M.
Macknäset Royalist är jag inte
  #55  
Old 07-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
They attended at the 20th anniversary of the Dalhalla Amphitheatre in Rättvik on Wednesday. Tenor José Carreras gave a concert with soprano Simge Büyükedes and the Stockholm Concert Orchestra conducted by David Giménez.
http://images.mmcloud.se/api/v1/imag...4ff7cc/900.jpg

The king and queen were with Stefan Persson, the chairman and main shareholder in fashion company H&M.
Macknäset Royalist är jag inte

The Queen looks SOOO stunning!
  #56  
Old 07-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,003
It is Classic Cars Week in Rättvik so I am sure the King is enjoying that!
  #57  
Old 07-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The king and queen were with Stefan Persson, the chairman and main shareholder in fashion company H&M.
Macknäset Royalist är jag inte
I love her jacket (you have to scroll down within the link to see the close-up of the jacket) - is that beading? or embroidery? Love it.
  #58  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I love her jacket (you have to scroll down within the link to see the close-up of the jacket) - is that beading? or embroidery? Love it.

I too love it! I think it is an eyelit style.
  #59  
Old 07-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,003
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 9: May 2014 -

At the beginning of June, the king and queen were spotted with their dog out and about. http://instagram.com/p/oqc0ZMvBXH/
http://instagram.com/p/otVqVhir4C/
  #60  
Old 08-01-2014, 06:14 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,802
King Carl Gustaf attended on Thursday at a fishing seminar in Hemavan, at Västerbotten county.
Kungen deltog i fiskeriseminarium i Hemavan - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

HQ photos
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.4...n+Falklind.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.4...lklind.jpg.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.4...lklind.jpg.JPG
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.4...set.se.jpg.JPG
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, king carl gustaf and queen silvia, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden, Current Events: February 2016 - An Ard Ri King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 361 11-17-2017 10:37 AM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1065 05-15-2014 09:55 PM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010 Her_Majesty Current Events Archive 412 05-03-2010 09:36 PM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 2: June 2004 - April 2005 Josefine Current Events Archive 248 04-06-2005 01:20 PM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 1: November 2002-June 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 300 06-12-2004 09:13 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf catherine chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats current events denmark earl of snowdon fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín jewels king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news november picture of the week pieter van vollenhoven prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince guillaume prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit state visit to denmark stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria video games zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises