The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Today afternoon the queen attend celebration "stipendier, Svenska Sällskapet för Medicinsk Forskning, Svenska Läkaresällskapet".

Svenska Sällskapet för Medicinsk Forskning (SSMF) | Främjar medicinsk forskning

Old 09-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday evening the royal couple attend 100th years celebration Swedish/German Foundation:

Svensk-Tyska föreningen

Old 09-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Yesterday evening the royal couple attend 100th years celebration Swedish/German Foundation:

Svensk-Tyska föreningen
But no pictures :( I don't like all these events with no pictures :( haha
Old 10-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Serene Highness

Here a little pic from 25th September SSMF:

Svenska Sällskapet för Medicinsk Forskning (SSMF) | Främjar medicinsk forskning
Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Thank You!!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

After the scandal book "Den motvillige monarken" the king hasn't been able to show himself out with the old scandal gang.
But yesterday evening he partied around Stureplan with former friends. Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt, 66, and Aje Philipson, 70.
They arrived about 20.00 and the king and his friends chose to arrive to Teatergrillen from the back door via the kitchen.
About 20 persons, also international guests, were invited to the king's exclusive dinner - only men. Noppe took care of the arrangements - 6 men to table one, 6 to table two and the rest 8 to table three. They ate hamburgers. After two hours at Teatergrillen they left and went to Noppes, Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt's own bar. After midnight the king left Noppes in a car.
Kungens fest med gamla kompisgänget Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation
Old 10-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia today open a conference on children's culture

Drottningen invigde konferens om barnkultur - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
After the scandal book "Den motvillige monarken" the king hasn't been able to show himself out with the old scandal gang.
But yesterday evening he partied around Stureplan with former friends. Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt, 66, and Aje Philipson, 70.

Kungens fest med gamla kompisgänget Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation
Maybe it is difficult to have an objective view on this!
however it appears to me that, out of precautionary principles, the king should refrain from seing these people, and thereby provide new reasons for criticism. He is thereby spoiling the potentially positive effects of the célébrations, of the efforts of Victoria in her speech to her parents, and of course particularly to him. I really see no reasons for his popularity to improve.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
Maybe it is difficult to have an objective view on this! however it appears to me that, out of precautionary principles, the king should refrain from seing these people, and thereby provide new reasons for criticism. He is thereby spoiling the potentially positive effects of the célébrations, of the efforts of Victoria in her speech to her parents, and of course particularly to him. I really see no reasons for his popularity to improve.
I see your point, however I do believe that just because of rumors he should have to stop seeing his friends. I am sure that if any of it was true he would not see that friend in particular- however if there is no truth the to story, he shouldn't have to alter is personal life. :) does that make sense? Or is it just and ignorant way of thinking??
Old 10-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Queen Silvia today open a conference on children's culture

Drottningen invigde konferens om barnkultur - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Photo
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100...13278752208480

Drottning Silvia på konferens om barnkultur Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 10-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia of Sweden is seen awarding students during a ceremony at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden, October 09. 2013. The students were awarded for raising money for the Majblomman organisation. The Queen is the High Patron of the Majblomman organization which is raising funds for charity
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...090763301.jpeg
Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday evening attend the queen "Childhood Autumn Dinner" in Confidencen/Castle of Ulriksdal
Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I see your point, however I do believe that just because of rumors he should have to stop seeing his friends. I am sure that if any of it was true he would not see that friend in particular- however if there is no truth the to story, he shouldn't have to alter is personal life. :) does that make sense? Or is it just and ignorant way of thinking??
In my first message, I tried to remain objective and fairly neutral!! To my knowledge, some détails of the respective personalities, friends of the king, are well known, they are involved in bar & striptease businesses, which is particularly chocking for Swedish citizens, more than in other countries, since they have stricter views on equal treatment. At least that is what I read. Some earlier threats if this website covered that abundantly.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king inaugurated the Bana Väg railway between Motala and Mjölby on Wednesday.
Kungen invigde infrastrukturprojektet Bana Väg - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Kungen banade väg för dubbelspår Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 10-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king took part at the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' Royal Technology Mission in Västra Götaland on Thursday and Friday.
Kungen på teknikresa i Göteborg och Borås - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Nobility

So I just looked at the Calendar, CG and S have 4 engagements together out of all the ones that are posted and they all take place next week! :)
Old 10-16-2013, 01:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Tuesday the king attended at a Workshop with the Golden Gavel Award and the Compass Rose Scholarship. The theme of the workshop was "How can a good values-based leadership help to reduce social inequalities? '. Invited were recipients of the Young leadership scholarship Compass Rose and the recipient of the Academy's Golden Gavel Award. Purpose of the day was to bring together experienced leaders with young leaders for an intergenerational dialogue on values-based leadership.
Kungen medverkade i workshop med Ungt Ledarskap - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 10-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The king took part at the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' Royal Technology Mission in Västra Götaland on Thursday and Friday.
Kungen på teknikresa i Göteborg och Borås - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
A video of the king's visit to Chalmers
Kungligt besök på Chalmers – 11 oktober 2013 on Vimeo
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Nobility

I am not sure which thread I should post this on but here are are some pictures of CG and S from their trip to the US earlier this year.

Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustaf and ambassador Jonas Hafström in the Library of Congress
Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustaf and ambassador Jonas Hafström in the Library of Congress © Jeffrey Martin | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Queen Silvia, King Carl XVI Gustaf and mayor Michael Nutter, Philadelphia, PA
Queen Silvia, King Carl XVI Gustaf and mayor Michael Nutter, Philadelphia, PA © Catarina Åström | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Meeting the public in Delaware
The King and Queen meets the public in Wilmington, DE © Catarina Åström | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

At Red Rooster
Queen Silvia and chef Marcus Samuelsson © Catarina Åström | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The two being amazing (S just makes me smile so much in this picture! She is looking at CG with so much love!!!)
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia in NYC © Catarina Åström | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to the Twitter of the newspaper Östran, the king has been hunting in Ottenby in Öland during the last few days. His interview was at the paper version of Östran.
https://twitter.com/Ostrannyheter/st...88968043073536

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia