The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kungaparet invigde årets utställning på Solliden | Svensk Damtidning *** translation

Old 05-22-2013, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia attended on Monday at the annual event of the Association of Friends of the Artists in Prince Eugen's Waldemarsudde.
Drottning Silvia lyste på Waldemarsudde Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Photo
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...5/Bild-218.png

Old 05-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

On Monday 20 May, The King opened the 11th Royal Colloquium in the Bernadotte Library at the Royal Palace of Stockholm.
The 2013 Royal Colloquium begins - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 05-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king and queen inaugurated exhibitions "The King's gift - Gustaf VI Adolf's Gift to the People of Sweden" and "The Warrior Queen and the Bronze Age of China" at Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities in Stockholm.
Kungaparet invigde utställningar på Östasiatiska museet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Also prince Henrik attended at the inauguration of "The Warrior Queen and the Bronze Age of China". He opened the exhibition "Följ Hjärtat" in Denmark days in Kungsträdgården in Stockholm earlier today. Prince Henrik with the king and the queen.
APA PictureDesk

Kungaparet har invigt jubileumsutställningar Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The king and queen inaugurated exhibitions "The King's gift - Gustaf VI Adolf's Gift to the People of Sweden" and "The Warrior Queen and the Bronze Age of China" at Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities in Stockholm.
Kungaparet invigde utställningar på Östasiatiska museet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Also prince Henrik attended at the inauguration of "The Warrior Queen and the Bronze Age of China". He opened the exhibition "Följ Hjärtat" in Denmark days in Kungsträdgården in Stockholm earlier today. Prince Henrik with the king and the queen.
APA PictureDesk

Photobank : World News - May 25, 2013
Photobank : neuvedeno

http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/sea...ervice%5B%5D=6
Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kungaparet har invigt jubileumsutställningar | Svensk Damtidning *** translation
Old 05-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king at a farewell audience with Mongolia's ambassador, H.E. Mr Baldan Enkhmandakh at the Royal Palace.
Kungen höll avskedsaudiens för Mongoliets ambassadör - Sveriges Kungahus

And the king delivered the Scholarship awards from King Carl XVI Gustaf's 50th Anniversary Fund at the Royal Palace.
Kungen delade ut stipendier från Konung Carl XVI Gustafs 50-årsfond för vetenskap, teknik och miljö - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 06-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

On Monday the king had audience with Mr Yu Zhengsheng, Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC).
Kungen gav audiens för Yu Zhengsheng - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

And the king had an farewell audience for South Korea's ambassador, H.E. Mr Eom Seock-jeong.
Kungen höll avskedsaudiens för Sydkoreas ambassadör - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

A new portrait of queen Silvia will be unveiled at the Gripsholm Castle on 11th June. The portrait is painted by Urban Larsson, he painted it on several sessions in Drottningholm in February and March. The painting has made to honour the queen's 70th birthday.
Nytt porträtt av drottning Silvia Bakom Kulisserna
Translation

Nationalmuseum - Portrait of Queen Silvia to Swedish National Portrait Gallery - Mynewsdesk
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia unveiled her new portrait painted by Urban Larsson, at the Gripsholm Castle today. Also king Carl Gustaf attended at the unveiling.
APA-Picturedesk
Drottningporträtt i Gripsholms slott - Kultur Nöje - ekuriren

Video, the queen said she is very grateful and happy
http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/p...ksam-och-glad/
Old 06-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Queen Silvia unveiled her new portrait painted by Urban Larsson, at the Gripsholm Castle today. Also king Carl Gustaf attended at the unveiling.
APA-Picturedesk
Drottningporträtt i Gripsholms slott - Kultur Nöje - ekuriren

Video, the queen said she is very grateful and happy
Drottning Silvia: "Jag är väldigt tacksam och glad" | Primetime | Expressen.tv

Thanks

Lovely portrait of Queen Silvia
Great to see, that King got with her
here is more pictures
Photo from Getty Images
Old 06-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Drottningen avtäckte porträtt på Gripsholms slott - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

http://svenskdam.se/2013/06/drottnin...nytt-portratt/
Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

The king is in the media today, but not for very plesant reasons. SVT (Swedish national TV) has been investigating who's paid for the renovations of Stenhammar.

During the last couple of years it's been renovated from the inside out. Statens fastighetsverk (a stately authority) and the courts own accountants confirms that arount 9 million SEK (roughly 1,4 millon euros) has been taken from his apanage, aka taxpayers money. When SVT confronted the king about this, he snapped them of and - according to the reporter - swore at them and asked why they never told the truth.

Not well handled, your majesty.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
The king is in the media today, but not for very plesant reasons. SVT (Swedish national TV) has been investigating who's paid for the renovations of Stenhammar.

During the last couple of years it's been renovated from the inside out. Statens fastighetsverk (a stately authority) and the courts own accountants confirms that arount 9 million SEK (roughly 1,4 millon euros) has been taken from his apanage, aka taxpayers money. When SVT confronted the king about this, he snapped them of and - according to the reporter - swore at them and asked why they never told the truth.

Not well handled, your majesty.
SVT's article with short video
Kungen ”Kan ni aldrig hålla er till sanningen ” - Nyheter SVT.se
Translation

From Expressen
Här går kungen till attack mot SVT Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

The court comments at the website
Kommentar med anledning av inslag på Rapport, SVT, 13 juni 2013 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
The court refers that the Castle is a cultural heritage. But I think that many people think that if 9 million SEK of taxpayers' money were spent to the renovation of a property which the king leases in practice for free (for 1000 SEK a year), it is way too much to use for the renovation.

Bertil Ternert from the press department says that a person in a public position must have a longer fuse. But still one must understand that it is a provocation.
But is it appropriate that the head of state swears and accuses SVT reporter to lie?
- No that can man say. But the king felt it was unjustified criticism The king was provoked in this context, and that is what is reflected here., says Ternert.
But whether he was provoked Sweden's head of state swore in television, accusing a reporter of lying.
- The camera was turned on and this is what happens when a reporter is around. But the king didn't after all returned to the Swedish people, but directly to the reporter, says Ternert.
Bertil Ternert Kungen blev provocerad Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

A good photo of the portrait of queen Silvia, from the website of the painter Urban Larsson
http://www.urbanlarsson.com/assets/i...an-larsson.jpg

http://www.urbanlarsson.com/assets/i...een-silvia.jpg
Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

King awards medals
Kungen delade ut medaljer - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Högtidliga audienser på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 06-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
A good photo of the portrait of queen Silvia, from the website of the painter Urban Larsson
http://www.urbanlarsson.com/assets/i...an-larsson.jpg

http://www.urbanlarsson.com/assets/i...een-silvia.jpg
This portrait is very beautiful. One of my favourite royal portraits without a doubt
Old 06-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

childhood gala
APA-PictureDesk

http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/sea...0%26dir%3DDESC
Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
childhood gala
APA-PictureDesk

Photobank

video
Kungen och drottning Silvia på kryssning | Nöje | Expressen.tv
Old 06-16-2013, 03:22 AM
Serene Highness

On 13th June 2013 the queen celebrated Diplom "Silviasystrar och Silviasjuksköterskor" in Silviahemmet.

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia