The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today, Queen Silvia fulfilled a wish via ‘My Great Day’, the charity organisation which grants children with serious illnesses their biggest wish and of which Princess Madeleine is patron.
The biggest wish of Baker, age 13, was to meet the Queen with his whole family, to show his gratitude for being able to come to Sweden and receive medical treatment, and to be shown around the Palace by her.

Link to the Court’s report:
Drottningen och MinStoraDag - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Today, Queen Silvia fulfilled a wish via ‘My Great Day’, the charity organisation which grants children with serious illnesses their biggest wish and of which Princess Madeleine is patron.
The biggest wish of Baker, age 13, was to meet the Queen with his whole family, to show his gratitude for being able to come to Sweden and receive medical treatment, and to be shown around the Palace by her.

Link to the Court’s report:
Drottningen och MinStoraDag - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Amazing amazing amazing Queen Silvia
What a great gesture

Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia

Drottningen överlämnade stipendier i Stiftelsen Frimurare Barnhuset - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] *** translation

Drottningen besökte Institutionen för lingvistik - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] *** translation
Old 10-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Serene Highness

On 9th October 2012 the queen opening the Stockholm Barnrättscentrum!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia and President Sauli Niinistö open a seminar of the well-being of children and young people at Hanasaari, the Swedish-Finnish Cultural Centre in Espoo, Finland on Monday, 15 October. "Safe childhood and adolescence - could it be better?" -seminar aims to shed light on this topic related to the challenges of this time of both Finnish and Swedish point of view. The seminar is organized by Hanasaari Cultural Centre, ombudsmen of children, the Central Union for Child Welfare and the Swedish Embassy.
Queen Silvia speaks at her opening speech about children's rights in a global perspective. President Sauli Niinistö speaks about the prevention of the alienation of children and young people.
Kuningatar Silvia ja presidentti Sauli Niinistö Hanasaaressa

President Niinistö can be seen to be the godfather of all children at risk of being marginalised. In 2007 he and businessman Harry Harkimo established the Tukikummit foundation, which seeks to help kids at risk. He is the chairman of the board of the Foundation. So Niinistö and Silvia have something in common.

President Niinistö will host a dinner for the queen later in Monday evening.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is a live stream at the website of the Hanasaari Cultural Centre from tomorrow's seminar. The seminar starts on Monday at 13.30 finnish time and the stream ends at 17.50.
The stream can be watched only with Internet Explorer browser, says the website.
Queen Silvia speaks at 13.35 and president Sauli Niinistö at 13.50.
The live stream
http://www.hanaholmen.fi/stream
Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia arrived to Espoo
Kuningatar Silvia saapui Espooseen - Ilta-Sanomat

President Sauli Niinistö and queen Silvia visited the exhibition of historical maps before the seminar. According to MTV3, the queen was very serious all the time and didn't want to speak to the media.
Silvia kohun keskeltä Suomeen – edusti totisena Espoossa - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Photos
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagal.../wj151374v.jpg
Kuningatar Silvia avaamassa lasten hyvinvointiseminaaria Espoossa. Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Queen Silvia arrived to Espoo
Kuningatar Silvia saapui Espooseen - Ilta-Sanomat

President Sauli Niinistö and queen Silvia visited the exhibition of historical maps before the seminar. According to MTV3, the queen was very serious all the time and didn't want to speak to the media.
Silvia kohun keskeltä Suomeen – edusti totisena Espoossa - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Photos
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagal.../wj151374v.jpg
Kuningatar Silvia avaamassa lasten hyvinvointiseminaaria Espoossa. Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi

More pictures
Photobank
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photo
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagal.../wj151421v.jpg

Video of the queen speaking
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvuutiset/...97567_v0.shtml

Another video
Drottning Silvia på Finlandsbesök Nyhetsinslag Tv Areena yle.fi
Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Drottning Silvia talar om trafficking på Hanaholmen | Hbl.fi/nyheter
Drottning Silvia varnar för utnyttjande av barn på nätet | svenska.yle.fi
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video
Kuningatar Silvia saapui Suomeen puolustamaan lapsia | Ruutu
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just found a interview of Queen Silvia for the Children of the World from October 6th

Enjoy!!!

Intervju med H.M. Drottning Silvia | SVT Play
Old 10-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

The official royal website about Queen Silvia's trip to Finland, including a picture from the dinner last night:
http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamilj...68ac520a6.html

And 'Svensk Dam' magazine's article about the visit:

Drottning Silvia på besök i Finland | Svensk Damtidning
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

One more photo of the queen at the dinner with president Sauli Niinistö and his wife Jenni Haukio, from the website of the president of Finland.
The dinner guests were experts of things concerning children and young people.
Kuningatar Silvia Mäntyniemessä - Suomen tasavallan presidentti
Old 10-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today in Bernadotte libary

pic

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 10-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

King Carl Gustaf refuses to attend/hand out the prize at the award ceremony "The Environment Hero of the Year" this year because the winner Alva Snis Sigtryggsson, have been involved in civil disobedience in protecting the Ojnare forest on Gotland from being cut down because of lime stone mining. Kungen vägrar prisa Alva | Nyheter | Aftonbladet The Swedish High Court have decided that the preliminary preparations for cutting down trees have to stop until there is a final decision made if the company responsible for the mining will be allowed to begin mining there or not.

This is the third year the award ceremony is held and the king have been handing out the award the two previous years. Among the organisations in the jury for the prize are World Wildlife Foundation, Min Planet (a Swedish environmental organisation) and the city of Kalmar.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king is on his traditional elk hunting trip.
Kungen deltar i Bergslagsjakt - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 10-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

yesterday
Kungen närvarade vid miljösymposium i Bernadottebiblioteket - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

today
Kungaparet gav lunch för partiledare Jonas Sjöstedt - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Gentry

why didn't the king show up at the royal wedding in Luxembourg?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl1978 View Post
why didn't the king show up at the royal wedding in Luxembourg?

On traditional hunting trip, see post 757

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia