Silvia: Jag är lite döv nu | OS 2012 | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet
Silvia: I'm a bit deaf now
Swedish royals on the image which amused the whole of Sweden
It is an image that has made a strong impression during the Olympics.
Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf screaming loudly and cheering handball team.
- It's good, that's the way it should be. It gives energy, says the king to Sportbladet.
- I'm a bit deaf now, says Queen Silvia.
King Carl XVI Gustaf has been knocked around and followed several Swedish practitioners during the Olympic Games in London.
At the Swedish handball men's matches have been the king made the biggest impression.
He was in the stands during rysarkvartsfinalen against Denmark and cheered loudly until the Swedish national team.
A picture taken during the game show when King screams, Queen Silvia recoils and a woman in front is for the ears.
- It's good, that's the way it should be. It gives energy, absolutely, says the king to Sportbladet.
Queen Silvia of the king's roar:
- Yes, I'm a bit deaf now. It's a bit of fun that, she was interviewed in front of the pulp magazines. We met her yesterday. Then she waved and smiled, she said.
"It's a secret"
The day after the Swedish handball men secured a place in the Olympic final, they met the king. He wants to be first not to reveal what they talked about.
- That I'm not talking about, it's a secret, I will not reveal anything. No, it is just nice, it's just nice. They just came, we had time to take a few bites together at the table, it was fun, says Carl XVI Gustaf.
But then he changed his mind.
- I told them to go onto the pitch and have fun. That's the case, said the king.
"Never give up"
Sweden defeated Hungary in the semifinals and a few hours later, it became clear there is France, which accounts for the resistance in the final.
- One should never give up, I think. They have had to struggle wins all the way, it was not the shortest or the easiest route. They have beaten underdog all the time and it's been an advantage. They can play relaxed and so on, says King.
- I am not a handball expert at all, they will grind on as they did in the past, it has gone well. There are fantastic players. It gets better every time.
How do you feel during the matches?
- It's the same for all of us. Of course it's very exciting.
Who will be the key player in the finals?
- There are no key players, all doing the best they can. I think they are doing the best they can be all of them. They've had a chance to play together and it's wonderful.
Vote for the finalists
Sportbladet started a contest in which the Swedish people had to send in suggestions for what the king cried out when the picture was taken. It came in 1300 draft and seven finalists were selected.
Join in and vote for them here !
The king has not yet revealed what he yelled when the picture was taken.