The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Video of the Queen's speech at the UN conference in Rio de Janeiro yesterday:
UN Live United Nations Webcast - Rio+20, (13-22 June 2012, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - H.M. Queen Silvia of Sweden, High Level Closing Plenary ? Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum

Screenshot:
http://s15.postimage.org/tru68sx3v/Screenshot_3.jpg

Old 06-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

This year was the 75year celebration of "Konstnärernas Vänner". Didn't on 21st May 2012 the queen attend the celebration? During the last years ago she was guest in Waldemarsudde!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

During the Rio+20 conference, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended the ‚Rio+Social’ event yesterday, a gathering of technology, social media, and global leaders. The United Nations Foundation partnered with Ericsson, EDP, Mashable and 92Y for this exchange about the impact of technology and social media on sustainability.
Picture:
http://s16.postimage.org/sgxzroa7p/Screenshot_1.jpg
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Video interview with Queen Silvia on CNN about her involvement in Childhood

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Amazing interview
Old 06-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the link, MagMil!
That’s quite a high profile interview with CNN’s Deborah Feyerick – I’m glad that Queen Silvia receives this kind of international recognition for her charity work and her WCF organisation.
Queen Silvia has also joined the CNN initiative 'CNN Freedom Project - ending modern-day slavery'. More about the project here:
http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/

A few screenshots from the interview:
http://s7.postimage.org/qznfq5xbv/Screenshot_1.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/sw47nei13/Screenshot_1.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/oczs7903r/Screenshot_1b.jpg
Old 06-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

King Carl Gustaf at RIO +20

Ruotsin Carl Gustaf keskustelee ympäristöasioista | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
Old 06-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the information and screenshots

Is the CNN-Interview taken on 8th May 2012 during her visit in New York?

On which date visit the Queen and Princess Madeleine Inwood-House in New York?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Thank you for the link, MagMil!
That’s quite a high profile interview with CNN’s Deborah Feyerick – I’m glad that Queen Silvia receives this kind of international recognition for her charity work and her WCF organisation.
Queen Silvia has also joined the CNN initiative 'CNN Freedom Project - ending modern-day slavery'. More about the project here:
The CNN Freedom Project: Ending Modern-Day Slavery - CNN.com Blogs

A few screenshots from the interview:
http://s7.postimage.org/qznfq5xbv/Screenshot_1.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/sw47nei13/Screenshot_1.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/oczs7903r/Screenshot_1b.jpg
Old 06-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Following the conclusion of the Rio+20 summit, Queen Silvia attended a concert of Brazilian pop and jazz singer Ivan Lins in Rio de Janeiro on her own.

Article with pictures:
EGO - Depois da Rio+20 rainha da Suécia curte noite na Zona Sul carioca - notícias de Famosos
Old 06-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Following the conclusion of the Rio+20 summit, Queen Silvia attended a concert of Brazilian pop and jazz singer Ivan Lins in Rio de Janeiro on her own.

Article with pictures:
EGO - Depois da Rio+20 rainha da Suécia curte noite na Zona Sul carioca - notícias de Famosos

Thank you so so much Boris
Queen Silvia looks lovely , the King CG was also present but he declined to be photographed

[edit]
new one

http://www.annaramalho.com.br/news/b...a-no-ccbb.html
Old 06-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Three more images from RIO +20

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8004/7...f3f4ca92_b.jpg

All sizes | Rio+Social, June 19, 2012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8021/7...b416e12f_b.jpg
Old 06-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you, MagMil – the first pic could be seen as a perfect illustration of the fact that the Rio+20 conference is generally regarded as a relative failure...

One more article about the occasion posted under the link in your post #649.
On the last day of Rio+20, Marcela Temer, young wife of Brazil’s Vice President, took the First Ladies who are attending to the exhibition ‘Amazonas – Cycle of Modernism’ at theCentro Cultural Banco do Brasil and was pictured with Queen Silvia:
GALERIAS | Lu Lacerda | iG
Old 06-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

An image like this is very rarely seen: During the week of the Rio+20 conference, the King and Queen visited the Criança Esperança community social project in Cantagalo, Rio de Janeiro together.

Photo from the facebook page of the Swedish Embassy in Brazil:
http://s16.postimage.org/6lkwdwslh/4...98529629_o.jpg
Old 06-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
An image like this is very rarely seen: During the week of the Rio+20 conference, the King and Queen visited the Criança Esperança community social project in Cantagalo, Rio de Janeiro together.

Photo from the facebook page of the Swedish Embassy in Brazil:
http://s16.postimage.org/6lkwdwslh/4...98529629_o.jpg

Thanks Boris

Definitely a rare image . Must say AMAZING picture, they look so happy and relax. This is one private image , and I love it how King CG look at his Queen with a smile
Old 06-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is an article about this visit to the social project in Rio, with a photo gallery at the bottom.
One of the kids who take part in the project is quoted as saying: "I found the King and Queen very cool, because they treated us with respect and education. They are equal to the Royals of the stories."

Link to the article (in Google-English):

Google Translate
Old 06-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

gallery from Kungahuset's Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3374007&type=1
Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=MagMil;1434350]
Thank you so so much Boris
Queen Silvia looks lovely , the King CG was also present but he declined to be photographed

Here is a picture of the King, the Queen and Ivan Lins, the performer:
Realeza na plateia: Carl Gustaf e Sílvia, os reis da Suécia, assistiram ao show de Ivan Lins | Festas | Glamurama
Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

After Brazil and before proceeding to Norway, the King and Queen are currently taking their annual holiday in St. Tropez.
Picture gallery of them on their yacht from Isopix, unfortunately with this agency's very annoying watermark:

king-carl-gustav-and-queen-silvia-923914 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be
Old 06-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
After Brazil and before proceeding to Norway, the King and Queen are currently taking their annual holiday in St. Tropez.
Picture gallery of them on their yacht from Isopix, unfortunately with this agency's very annoying watermark:

king-carl-gustav-and-queen-silvia-923914 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be

Thanks Boris
Nice to see some private pictures
Here is article and pic without watermarks Här kopplar kungaparet av | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
btw I can not believe that Queen Siliva is 68 years old

translation>
It connects the King and Queen of

The pictures from St. Tropez show that grandmother Silvia, 68, has a super body that can be displayed in a bikini.

Queen Silvia shows off her super body in nice bikini
The royal couple are taking this summer a much needed break from everyday duties.
Seen here is the king and queen on holiday on the French Riviera.
- As husband and wife are of course important for them to get away a little, says hovexperten Roger Lundgren

Far away from work, obligations, and a curious public, connects the royal couple of the two of you in a house Mirage in the village of St Tropez on the French Riviera.
- They live such lives watched and always has people around him. It is safe **** nice to be alone, says Roger Lundgren, hovexpert-chief of the Royal Magazine.
Exercise and Healthy Swimming
Of course, fits the royal couple to go out with the luxury boat brand J-Craft that king dubbed "Polaris".
It has been written about the Crown Princess's super Estelles body after birth. But the pictures from St. Tropez show that even Grandma Silvia, 68, has a super body that can be displayed in a bikini.
- They have a pool at Drottningholm, which I know the queen is swimming in every day if she can. She's a healthy person and have always been attractive, says Roger Lundgren, hovexpert-chief of the Royal Magazine.
Pesky paparazzi
Villa Mirage and French Riviera has long been the royal family's vacation paradise and it is something of an annual tradition to go there.
Shortly after World War II bought the Prince Bertil the beautiful beach villa which was his and Princess Lilian's summer residence.
When Prince Bertil died, took over the house of our King Carl Gustaf, 66.
- It has been difficult for the royal family of the house, because of all paparazis. They were considering selling, but seems to have decided to keep the house anyway. They know that they are photographed there, but seems to accept this.
Solliden is paradise
The fact that the Swedish summer so far has brought unusually heavy rain, perhaps contributing to the royal couple enjoy their Mediterranean holiday a little extra this year.
- Who does not love the French Riviera. It is a fantastic place and provides an opportunity to get away. But the royal family's real paradise is Solliden on Öland.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Article about Swedish royal family and this summer sport events

Note> This year, exactly in this Olympic Games is 40 years anniversary of first meeting of Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf (OG Munich 1972 ) :heartflowers:

Kungafamiljen satsar på sport i sommar | Svensk Damtidning *** translation
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Picture from Kungahuset's Facebook page
King CG and Queen Silvia summer holiday

The royal couple will in this way to wish all friends on Facebook a great summer
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia