King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thursday 7th February the royal couple attend "Traveller Club's annual gathering"!

King Carl Gustaf was on Saturday in Davos at the FIS World Cup Cross-Country skiing competitions supporting the swedes. According to Expressen, the king is on vacation in Klosters.
Kolla Här tar alla i för kung och fosterland Längdskidor Expressen Senaste nytt - Sport Fotboll Hockey
Translation

Kungen I VM får vi vår revansch Skidor Vintersport Sportbladet Aftonbladet

On Sunday the king was accompanied by the queen. They supported the swedes and congratulated Johan Olsson after his victory and the king said that it means good for the whole team.
Kungen Det är bra för hela laget Skidor Vintersport Sportbladet Aftonbladet

The king on Friday with Petter Northug, who won gold also today at the men's relay.
http://media.shootitlive.com/G755elhsGLwsPrS9rGxPQUkHBKw/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1062
http://media.shootitlive.com/P8mMGBnchJDkGd9j7yNsXOEO8x2/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1062
http://media.shootitlive.com/HnspEQ47aXrO9qym455KzqBgdkj/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1062

King Carl Gustaf congratulated Petter Northug. Northug talked about the meeting to TV2.
- He invited me for a dinner at the castle and said I had to bring my gala suit. We would really have a good time in Stockholm in 14 days, he said.
He doesn't want to take anyone with him to the World Cup event in Stockholm.
- No, we (the king and Northug) should pull out of Stureplan together and then we need to be alone, he says and smiles.
But the Royal Court itself says that the Swedish people should not get too high hopes for a common output.
- There's nothing that I've heard anyway. It sounds more like a proposal by Northug I think, says Bertil Ternert.
- I can say this, it would be very unlikely if it would be so.
What do you think about Petter Northug says so?
- That man talks so much.
Efter guldet - nu ska Northug på Stureplan Längdskidor Expressen Senaste nytt - Sport Fotboll Hockey
Translation

I don't understand why Ternert had to comment on this. Petter Northug has always a twinkle in his eye and jokes for the reporters.

The king followed on Saturday the ladies 30 km cross country skiing event.
Ruotsin kuningas seuraa naisten hiihtoa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi

Last edited:
Last edited:
The king attended at Sveaskog's salmon symposium in Mörrum on Monday.
Kungen deltog vid laxsymposium - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The King cryptic about if a new royal baby is expected
The king came to the Blekinge Institute to talk about salmon. He took also the opportunity to talk about grandchildren.
- There are no private issues, the king said before he knew the question would be if he is having grandchildren again.
- How should I know, replied Estelle's grandfather and filled quickly:
- I will at least not have any more children.
Kungen kryptisk om nya kungabarn väntas Kvällsposten
Translation

Last edited:
The portrait was a birthday present for the king from the chancellery of the Orders in the Royal Palace.
The portrait was given today by the chancellor of the Orders, Ingemar Eliasson.

The portrait was a birthday present for the king from the chancellery of the Orders in the Royal Palace.
The portrait was given today by the chancellor of the Orders, Ingemar Eliasson.
Thanks LadyFinn :), reading over the statement again i now realise that i read it too fast the first time

Last edited:
Jämställdhetsministern på lunch hos kungaparet | Svensk Damtidning

Queen Silvia of Sweden, is seen arriving for the funeral of Lady-in-waiting Elisabeth Palmstierna in the Royal Chapel in Stockholm, Sweden, April 22, 2013. Mrs Palmstierna was the Lady-in waiting of late Princess Lilian.
Photobank : _sm20021.jpg
Photobank : _sm20021.jpg

Ruotsin hovissa surraan taas - Edesmenneen prinsessa Lilianin hovineidon hautajaiset | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

Was Elisabeth Palmstierna a baroness?
I saw something earlier that refered to her as one,but it could have been a translation mix up!

Thanks for the Information. IBL had a pic of the queen by leaving. ;)

But it's pity that no pic of Queen Silvia by prize ceremony in KVA :ermm: , only the king:

Kungen delade ut Crafoordpriset i polyartrit - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The king and the queen were having dinner at the Grand Hotel yesterday after the Crafoord prize ceremony, video of the leaving:
Kungen på Grand - precis som Bruce... Nöje Expressen Nöje Nöjesnyheter Musiknyheter Filmnyheter
Ulrika Näsholm says that they normally have dinner at the Grand Hotel after this prize, and Bertil Ternert the delivery of this prize happens at the Grand Hotel, and has nothing to do with Bruce Springsteen, who is staying there during his concerts in Sweden.

Yesterday evening the queen attend the "Galamiddag Lilla Akademien" in Ulriksdal castle teater Confindencen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom