King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Carl XVI Gustaf had engine problems in Vårgårda with his blue Ferrari.
A man named David had royal company at the gas station at E20 outside Vårgårda in Västra Götaland yesterday. The king stood by his car and SÄPO-man were watching the engine.
What had happened to the blue Ferrari is a bit unclear, and the court information officer Bertil Ternert has no information about the accident.
- I know that the king is travelling but I have not heard anything about this. But there should not have been any major problems, I have not heard anything about any changes in travel plans. The king is competent himself and secondly, he has people around him who can help.
This David offered a different solution to the royal Ferrari problems - a new car. - I told the SÄPO-guard the king should buy a Toyota instead.
Trubbel under huven på kungens Ferrari | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

hope of picture of them with estelle

Last edited:
The vehicle tax on the king's blue Ferrari 456 MGT - 2875 SEK - should have been paid on July 2. But the court's negligence was that the king was traveling illegally on 6th July when he drove through Sweden to check on his son Prince Carl Philip, who took part in a racing competition.

The tax miss was revealed by Dagens Industri, which told it to the court on July 17. The court then paid the tax immediately.
- The King does not pay personally these types of taxes, even if the car is his private. We have a staff that will manage this, but this has obviously not worked. We have started an internal investigation and would really regret that the tax was not paid, says the court information officer Bertil Ternert to DI. Oj, vilken skatte-blunder kungen | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Last edited:
Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf attended the presentation of "Årets Ölänning", the Öland Inhabitant of the Year prize in Solliden today.
ANP Foto
ANP Foto
ANP Foto

Last edited:
At Solliden Palace yesterday, Queen Silvia received four women who are on a cycling trip called ‚Julia Journey’. It’s named in honor of their late friend Julia who died of cancer of the bone in February this year. During the trip, they collect donations for the Swedish Children’s Cancer Fund.
Link:
Drottningen tog emot deltagarna i Juliaresan - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

A Lehtikuva gallery with very nice pics:
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=www_gallery_f&id=7aa7d52766274464dd54ba0239e7822d&menu=0

Last edited:
Last edited:
The king and the queen enjoy their vacation in St. Tropez before their trip to the Olympics. They have queen Silvia's nieces with them.
Kungaparet njuter av sol och bad innan Londonresan | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

:previous:
Thank you so much :flowers::flowers::flowers:
It's great that they are again in St.Maxime and soon we gonna see the Olympic couple(Munich 1972 ;) ) at London 2012:):):)

On the cover of the new DAM magazine is a picture of Queen Silvia in white shirt.
Is this pic new? And when and which place was it taken?

SDT1232_

Just spotted King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia on the BBC coverage of the Olympics. The BBC were pointing out Frank Lampard and Christine Bleakley in the crowd and didn't notice/recognise/point out the royal guests sat in front of them.

When seeing this picture my first reaction was also a good laugh. However not everybody laughs at it, first of all the lady; honestly I am so pleased that we didn't see any picture of Daniel behaving in the same way, I dare not imagine the criticism about him, in case that had happened...

Last edited:
:D
Silvia: Jag är lite döv nu | OS 2012 | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet
Translation>

Silvia: I'm a bit deaf now

Swedish royals on the image which amused the whole of Sweden
It is an image that has made a strong impression during the Olympics.
Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf screaming loudly and cheering handball team.
- It's good, that's the way it should be. It gives energy, says the king to Sportbladet.
- I'm a bit deaf now, says Queen Silvia.

King Carl XVI Gustaf has been knocked around and followed several Swedish practitioners during the Olympic Games in London.
At the Swedish handball men's matches have been the king made the biggest impression.
He was in the stands during rysarkvartsfinalen against Denmark and cheered loudly until the Swedish national team.
A picture taken during the game show when King screams, Queen Silvia recoils and a woman in front is for the ears.
- It's good, that's the way it should be. It gives energy, absolutely, says the king to Sportbladet.
Queen Silvia of the king's roar:
- Yes, I'm a bit deaf now. It's a bit of fun that, she was interviewed in front of the pulp magazines. We met her yesterday. Then she waved and smiled, she said.
"It's a secret"
The day after the Swedish handball men secured a place in the Olympic final, they met the king. He wants to be first not to reveal what they talked about.
- That I'm not talking about, it's a secret, I will not reveal anything. No, it is just nice, it's just nice. They just came, we had time to take a few bites together at the table, it was fun, says Carl XVI Gustaf.
But then he changed his mind.
- I told them to go onto the pitch and have fun. That's the case, said the king.
"Never give up"
Sweden defeated Hungary in the semifinals and a few hours later, it became clear there is France, which accounts for the resistance in the final.
- One should never give up, I think. They have had to struggle wins all the way, it was not the shortest or the easiest route. They have beaten underdog all the time and it's been an advantage. They can play relaxed and so on, says King.
- I am not a handball expert at all, they will grind on as they did in the past, it has gone well. There are fantastic players. It gets better every time.
How do you feel during the matches?
- It's the same for all of us. Of course it's very exciting.
Who will be the key player in the finals?
- There are no key players, all doing the best they can. I think they are doing the best they can be all of them. They've had a chance to play together and it's wonderful.
Vote for the finalists
Sportbladet started a contest in which the Swedish people had to send in suggestions for what the king cried out when the picture was taken. It came in 1300 draft and seven finalists were selected.
Join in and vote for them here !
The king has not yet revealed what he yelled when the picture was taken.

Great pics of the royal couple during the Olympic games in London.

But no pic from queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf by closing ceremony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom