Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

^^ Thanks to you both

Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the information, but ....

.... last time we don't see pics of the official events with the queen.

On 24th October the queen attend "Ledarskapsdagen 2011" in Nobel Forum Stockholm. Once more an event without pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes, that was on Monday and on Tuesday the king and the queen attended a dinner with the Olympic Council in London.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Serene Highness

Finaly here pics of "Ledarskapsdag" on 24th November 2011:

vardensledarskapsakademi.se

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
On 24th October the queen attend "Ledarskapsdagen 2011" in Nobel Forum Stockholm.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot for posting this link, ursulajohanna.
When it comes to Queen Silvia, the official website kungahuset.se has been noticeably lazy in covering her everyday engagements recently... in contrast to the coverage about other members of the Swedish royal family.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

No pics of the Dinner Olympic Council in London?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Tuesday the king and the queen attended a dinner with the Olympic Council in London.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Thanks a lot for posting this link, ursulajohanna.
When it comes to Queen Silvia, the official website kungahuset.se has been noticeably lazy in covering her everyday engagements recently... in contrast to the coverage about other members of the Swedish royal family.
yup i notice that also
Queen Silvia have almost 2-3 solo engagements per day + with the King, but we can't see pictures or videos....Why !!!
I would like to see more of her, she is definitly the biggest asset to Swedish Royal Family
Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Gentry

Today the king and queen along with Victoria and Daniel had lunch with Jimmy Åkesson, leader of the Sverigedemokraterna political party. This was somewhat controversial since mr Åkesson's party is considered right-wing extremist.

However, it is tradition that the royal couple invite each leader of the political parties represented in the Swedish parliament. I think they invited Åkesson out of respect for democracy, since he was elected. They are also obliged to be politically neutral.

It is interesting, though, to see the photo released by the court. They all look very solemn, and I think this is a subtle statement. Compare this to the lunch held earlier this year for Håkan Juholt, leader of the Social democratic party. Much happier faces there.

Åkesson:
Kungaparet gav lunch för partiledare Jimmie Åkesson - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Juholt:
Kungaparet gav lunch för partiledare Håkan Juholt - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 12-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Later today at Stockholm Palace, the King and Queen also awarded the Prince Eugen Medal for outstanding artistic achievements:

http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...ETSSTCO&w=true

http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...WOPPTOP&w=true

http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...TCROHEA&w=true
Old 12-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of the Prince Eugen Medal award ceremony yesterday:

** lehtikuva.fi: Kaarle Kustaa ja Silvia jakoivat yhdessä Prinssi Eugen mitaleja **
Old 12-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia delivered the prizes for the winners of newspaper Dagens Nyheter's current affairs quiz.
Drottningen delar ut pris till vinnarna i Nutidsorienteringen den | Facebook
Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king and the queen will celebrate New Year in Thailand, they will be there on a holiday between 28th December and 9th January.
Kungaparet firar nyår i Thailand | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation
Old 12-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf attended a Christmas concert at the Hedvig
Eleonora Church in Stockholm on December 18, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **
Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Since we only have pictures of them leaving, I assume it was not an official duty. They were there only as "private citizens", wathever that means for royals..., Am I right?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Since we only have pictures of them leaving, I assume it was not an official duty. They were there only as "private citizens", wathever that means for royals..., Am I right?
Attending at the concert was listed at the official calendar of the swedish royal family.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:27 PM

I'm curious. Is CP Victoria required to be in Sweden when her parents are out of the country on vacation?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-royal View Post
I'm curious. Is CP Victoria required to be in Sweden when her parents are out of the country on vacation?
In the summer the whole royal family was in Monaco and France for 3-4 days at the wedding of prince Albert and right after that at the wedding of Patrick Sommerlath.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just read this article
After Sunday, Queen Silvia will be the longest Swedish queen who has served as Queen Consort
She crushes record of Queen Sofia - 35 years, 6th months and 16 days
Old 12-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Finally pics of "Marcus Wallenberg Award" on 3rd October 2011. Two pics of the king and queen by this event:

The Marcus Wallenberg Prize
Old 12-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia has given an interview to magazine Land about to be a grandmother.
http://lrfmedia.se/front_image.aspx?LAN%7C254%7C318

Finnish Iltalehti writes about the interview:
Silvia ohjeistaa Victoriaa: Rauhoitu! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi
I read from the paper version of Iltalehti about the queen´s interview. The queen has advised Victoria that she should give herself more time and take it easy now when she is further on her pregnancy. Silvia thinks that to be a grandmother is wonderful. It is said that having grandchildren is one of the most precious joys in the world and both she and the king are really looking forward to it.
Silvia hopes that she can be a baby-sitter, but of course that is mainly the parents´ thing. The grandparents shouldn´t get involved about how the child is raised... But maybe a little.
Silvia pities also the lack of time when her children were small. When Victoria was born she was already a queen and the time she could spend with her daughter was many times too short. She says that her mother Alice brightened up the days of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine, because she was living at the Palace. And now when Silvia is going to be a grandmother, her duties as the queen make her busy, and she doesn´t have as much time to her grandchild as Alice could give to her children.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Majesty

That is so sweet how she talks about being a grandmother! Though it is sad that she did not have a lot of time to be with her children.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia