The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

King Carl Gustaf attended a meeting of the ICC, the International Chamber of
Commerce, in Stockholm, on March 29, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Old 04-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday, March 31, King Carl Gustaf met with NATO's Secretary General
Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

** Pic ** Kungen tog emot NATO-chefen ** translation **

Old 04-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf visited The Swedish National Home Guard in Gothenburg.
Kungen besökte hemvärnet i Göteborg - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

What's all this about Queen Silvia being chased by a photographer from Aftonbladet in New York?

I understand she fell in an attempt to avoid a persistent photographer and injured her foot and hand.

I've been skimming some of the Swedish papers and the editor in chief of Aftonbladet express his regret.
The court is apparantly labelling this as harrassment. (Ufredande = harrassment?) That could point to a legal action of some sort.

Can Swedish members please elaborate?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

A statement was released by the Court earlier regarding the incident (why a play-by-play was necessary from a PR standpoint is beyond me), and Queen Silvia did appear at the Health & Human Rights Awards with her wrist wrapped in a bandage and her foot in a brace with a crutch.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

A statement was released by the Court earlier regarding the incident (why a play-by-play was necessary from a PR standpoint is beyond me), and Queen Silvia did appear at the Health & Human Rights Awards with her wrist wrapped in a bandage and her foot in a brace with a crutch.
Thanks, JessRulz

The story from Expressen is pretty dramatic: Hovet: Fotografen förföljde henne - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

But what do you mean by "play-by-play"? I haven't heard that expression before.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

A 'play-by-play' is when you described something exactly as it happened - for example: I woke up this morning, then got out of bed, got changed in XYZ, went and brushed my teeth...
Old 04-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

This is a classic example of irresponsible behaviour by certain sections of the fourth estate!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

"Billed Bladet" article about the incident

Billed-Bladet - Dronning Silvia faldt på gaden i New York

Google Translate
Old 04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow the paparazzo should be ashamed of themselves!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Nobility

The truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post

This time "Billed Bladet" was not informed correctly.

In conjunction with the Queen's visit to the U.S. media has been intrusive in order to get pictures and interviews with the Queen and Princess Madeleine. During a visit to a store on Monday afternoon April 4, the Queen and Princess Madeleine tried to avoid a photographer from Swedish media (Aftonbladet). The photographer did not take notice of their request not to be photographed and remained at the front door of the store. The Queen chose to go out through a side door and walked quickly toward a parked car in order to keep away from the photographer who ran after her. The Queen then fell and injured her foot and wrist. The Queen's schedule remains and she will receive the Health and Human Rights Award tonight in New York as originally planned.

The chief editor from Aftonbladet apologized publicly on the radio (SR P4) this afternoon.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Serene Highness

It's pretty serious if she needs a crutch and a bandage on her wrist.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
It was a photographer from Swedish media Aftonbladet. Everybody should know about it...
Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:

The Press department of SRF has already done a few let's say "interesting choices" this year, so a play-by-play in their statement does not surprise me.

Queen Silvia really has bad luck lately, first the sickness, now injured wrist and foot.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Indeed. But how big are the odds of that ever happening?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Queen felt that she was cornered

Tonight has been a debate, following the event when the Queen Silva was injured because of a paparazzi photographer from Aftonbladet that did not respect the Queen, Princess Madeleine and their societies. Evening newspaper Aftonbladet writes:

"Royal Court's press officer: Queen felt that she was cornered.
Queen's event in New York when she was photographed by the Times was an unfortunate one-off.

It considers the court press officer Bertil Ternert who on Wednesday visited the editors to discuss the incident in Debate Live with Karin Magnusson.

Queen Silvia was doing under the circumstances and will be under court order to fulfill its mission in the near future.

It was last Monday as the queen fell on a sidewalk in New York in connection with the Aftonbladet photographer wanted to take a picture. The event has received considerable attention both in Sweden and in our neighboring countries.

At Aftonbladet editorial
On Wednesday visited the Royal Court press officer Bertil Ternert Aftonbladet editorial for a live conversation about the incident.

- The Queen felt that she was cornered in the situation and tried to get to a waiting car, that's when she fell over a garbage bag, "said Bertil Ternert.

Aftonbladet editor Jan Helin regretted the incident and says that the magazine has a very clear policy on how the royal family should be monitored and when it is okay to take a picture.

- Our approach to this sort of situation can really be worded simply: It is fair, respect always the answer. In this case, the photographer, so I can gather, has not respected the answer, "says Helin.

- It is entirely my responsibility. It is I who has failed to comply with the instructions to the photographer.

"A one-off"
According to Bertil Ternert experiencing the queen rarely any problem with being photographed, either by the press or private citizens.

- The queen is a person who has a good relationship with photographers and has at all times tried to talk with photographers and set up. This was an isolated event.

Bertil Ternert has previously said that the Queen became a victim of a molestation of Aftonbladet photographer, but it's choice of words he now plays down.

- Definition of molestation, I used to describe the queen knew that she could not choose the end she was going out of the store. Legally, I do not know where the event ports.

Bertil Ternert says he has great respect for the Aftonbladet has handled the matter".
Old 04-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Majesty

Silvia injured after run for photographer - News Summary ROYALBLOG.NL

courtesy HJA

TM have arrived in The Netherlands today where they will attend the 3-day
Scouting International Event "Orange 2011" at Scheveningen,The Hague.
TM stay at Huis ten Bosch Palace with their dear friend Queen Beatrix.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Königin Silvia: Schwer gestürzt

sorry but this is blown out of porportion really, some papers are already comparing the situation to diana

it cannot be news to members of the srf that photographers will take any opportunity to take pictures, has been the case for decades now, this case is unfortunate because silvia fell and injured herself, there wasnt any direct impact from the photographer other than that silvia wanted to be outwit the press and leave through the back door. too bad that a garbage bag got in her way.

the "annus horriblis" for the srf seems to continue.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet-fotografen: "Jag har inte förföljt någon" - Dagens Media
Aftonbladet-photographer Pontus Höök denies that he "stalked" or "molested" the queen. The incident where HM Queen Silvia fell and injured himself in the foot and the arm has launched a new debate on media coverage of the royal family. According to the Royal Court was an accident when the Queen and Princess Madeleine trying to escape from Aftonbladet-photographer Pontus Höök.
Dagensmedia.se has repeatedly sought Pontus Höök. Now he writes about the incident in his blog:
/a swede in new york/
Google Translate

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia