The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Serene Highness

Do you know - was the last seven days the royal couple on Winter(ski) holiday?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf View Post
i think it is very strange that we do not see any pictures of the Queen from the "Medalutdelning" at the royal palace on last wednesday. And no pics from "Unga musik pa slottet"?? I do not understand this.

By the way....
today i found two videos about the Bernadottes at the Lake Constance.
there was a nice story about the Queen. When she and the King went to "Mainau" for a memorial service for Count Lennart Bernadotte she forgot her hat in Stockholm and then she had to ask Countess Diana for a hat, who designes hats.
Here is a picture of the hat:
ANP Beeldbank

I think it is quite strange that the Queen forgot her hats, because I think that everything is well planned for a journey of the King and Queen.... but who knows.
For those who want to see the vidoes, here is the link:
DasErste.de - ARD Morgenmagazin - Live & unterwegs - Von Rang und Namen
(Klick on "Teil 1 aus der Sendung" and " Teil 2 aus der Sendung".)
A very cute story about the hat I think... makes the queen more like a normal woman than like " THE QUEEN"...

"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 02-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday evening the royal couple attend the "Smilbandsbolagets prisutdelning"!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Serene Highness

Is this picture of royal couple

Kungliga inne- och utelistan - Svensk Damtidning

really from "Smilbandsbolagets" on 10th February 2009? The queen wear a very old long dress!
The last years she wear even trousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Yesterday evening the royal couple attend the "Smilbandsbolagets prisutdelning"!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

really from "Smilbandsbolagets" on 10th February 2009?
Ursulajohanna is this some kind of poll who is good who is bad or something like that?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Serene Highness

I think so, but I don't speak swedish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Ursulajohanna is this some kind of poll who is good who is bad or something like that?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

really from "Smilbandsbolagets" on 10th February 2009? The queen wear a very old long dress!
The last years she wear even trousers.
I think that ursulajohanna wanted to ask if the little picture on the left is taken from "Smilbandsbolagets".

I think that the picture is an old one. I know that she wore it at a gala in the 90's. I think the picture was taken at a birthday of Queen Beatrix, but not for sure. Unfortunately I didn't find a picture of this event which proves that the picture is a old one. I do not think that the Queen would wear such a dress for such an event. More over the dress is really out of time.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for your message!

I think the picture is old, but isn't from birthday Queen Beatrix. The king looks like older (grey hair) on the pic by above link from DAM. Is this picture from Marcus-Wallenberg-Prize 6th October 2008?

In my collection it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf View Post
I think that the picture is an old one. I know that she wore it at a gala in the 90's. I think the picture was taken at a birthday of Queen Beatrix, but not for sure. Unfortunately I didn't find a picture of this event which proves that the picture is a old one. I do not think that the Queen would wear such a dress for such an event. More over the dress is really out of time.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Today the king (together with the queen) celebrated the "Svensk Mjölkmedalj". Here information, video from 2008 and old pictures:

Svensk Mjölk - Guldmedaljen

And by www.royalcourt.se, too.

Celebration by the king http://www.barometern.se/nyheter/ola...cleimage-popup

But I don't find pictures of the queen and the royal couple together with the prize-winner.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

The King presented the Swedish Dairy Association's Gold Medals at a ceremony at the Swedish Society of Medicine in Stockholm.
Norran
BT/Sjuhäringar fick kunglig medalj för fin Mjölk
Svd/Mjölkbönder fick medalj
Old 02-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf with Mahmoud Abbas, President of the Palestinian National Authority today at the royal palace.
Daylife
Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Feb 19, 2009
Queen Silvia and her daughter Madeleine on their way to the restaurant teatergrillen in Stockholm

ANP Beeldbank
Old 03-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Serene Highness

When will the next incoming state visit to Sweden and from which country?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

There have been no incoming state visits announced for this year so far. But there certainly will be a couple of them in the second half of this year.
Of course the outgoing state visits to Italy (starting March 24th) and The Netherlands (April) are right around the corner.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 AM
Serene Highness

Boris, thanks for the information - but we know, that royalcourt isn't quickly and communicative with this information.

Do you know why the yesterday afternoon event - meeting NGO Committee on Narcotic Drugs, Embassy of Sweden in Vienna - of the queen was canceled?
At beginning of last week the court mentioned in the calender!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have no idea if Queen Silvia's attendance at the reception in the Swedish embassy in Vienna was cancelled or just deleted from that calendar... strange, once again.
But today Queen Silvia is in Vienna anyway, attending a UN conference about solutions for the world drug problems.

A first pic of Queen Silvia in Vienna today. She is attending a meeting of the United Nations commission on narcotic drugs (UNDOC) which is reviewing the results of 10 years of the UN 'war against drugs' policy.
In the background, the President of Bolivia Evo Morales, and Antonia Maria Costa, head of UNDOC.

Picture details
Old 03-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Boris for your information and link to the picture! I know, that the queen is in Vienna today.
Here more pictures from the conference:

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...q=queen+silvia

She is wearing the same dress on third day of the state visit in Austria 22nd November 2007!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday the queen met Mrs. Margit Fischer, wife of Austria president, too:

hofburg.at - Der Österreichische Bundespräsident / The Austrian Federal President - Bildgalerie
Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday evening the king and queen attend the "Kungliga Klubbarnas fest" in Grand Hotel/Stockholm!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yesterday evening the king and queen attend the "Kungliga Klubbarnas fest" in Grand Hotel/Stockholm!
Do you have any photos from that event?

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia