King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday afternoon the royal couple give press-meeting for Brasil journalists for there state visit in Brasil 23rd to 26th March 2010!

'Aftonbladet' refers to an article published by 'Svensk Dam Tidning's blogger Asa yesterday.
In her story, she claimed that Queen Silvia suffers from Alzheimer's disease. The article, which was not based on any reliable information, was quickly removed by the SDT editors, The Queen denied the story, and today writer Asa offered her profuse apologies to the royal family in her blog.
Most SDT readers are understandably angry in their comments about such a mistake.
Link:
Jag ber om ursäkt! | Åsas kungliga Europa

In order to get a translation (far from perfect, but at least useful to understand the content), you could always use 'google translate', ursulajohanna.

The royal couple invite journalists for question about state visit to brasil and we don't see video or press-pics, how did it? Is this public work? :ermm:

Yesterday afternoon the royal couple give press-meeting for Brasil journalists for there state visit in Brasil 23rd to 26th March 2010!

Boris, thanks for the translation and comment! :flowers:

'Aftonbladet' refers to an article published by 'Svensk Dam Tidning's blogger Asa yesterday.
In her story, she claimed that Queen Silvia suffers from Alzheimer's disease. The article, which was not based on any reliable information, was quickly removed by the SDT editors, The Queen denied the story, and today writer Asa offered her profuse apologies to the royal family in her blog.
Most SDT readers are understandably angry in their comments about such a mistake.
Link:
Jag ber om ursäkt! | Åsas kungliga Europa

In order to get a translation (far from perfect, but at least useful to understand the content), you could always use 'google translate', ursulajohanna.

Last edited by a moderator:
New photograph of the King and Queen

The Post of Sweden recently released new royal stamps. In connection with this they also released a beautiful photo of Their Majesties. The photo was taken in the Museum of Antiquities in the Royal Palace.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a larger version than this one: Butik - Posten.se (click on "Mer information")

The Post of Sweden recently released new royal stamps. In connection with this they also released a beautiful photo of Their Majesties. The photo was taken in the Museum of Antiquities in the Royal Palace.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a larger version than this one: Butik - Posten.se (click on "Mer information")

The picture is fantastic. I hope that we will see it in a larger version.

After the official part of the state visit in Brazil the King and the Queen stayed for a visit in the Amazonas. Here you can see some pics. As you can read in Jenny Alexandersson's blog no press was allowed to follow. I really hope that we will see some more pics of this visit. The pics from royalcourt are nice.

King Carl Gustaf and China's vice president Xi Jinping shaking
hands during their meeting at the Royal Castle in Stockholm,
Sweden, March 30, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

royalcourt also informs about the meeting. Queen Silvia also attend. The royal couple received a picture. It shows their majesties during a statevisit in China.

Next week Queen Silvia is scheduled to visit several events form Scout and Childhood in Thailand. I'm wondering if the King will join the Queen because of the Scout-events. He isn't scheduled jet but who knows.

King Carl Gustaf hosted a lunch for deputy Prime Minister Mr. Xi Jing Ping, at the Royal Palace
BelgaPicture

on the same site or link that you gave, you can find a pdf file where you can find the photo, here is the link: Shop - Posten.se go to bulletin 2 2010.

Finally royalcourt.se posted some information on the visit of Queen Silvia in Thailand. I was wondering if there will be information on this visit. She is in Thailand in already two days and there was no opportunity to find information.

Drottningen på besök i Pattaya, Thailand - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The pictures were taken at a school opening. Here is a link with further information ( just klick on "Herzlich willkommen, Majestät!"). For those who can't read and understand german:google translate

Today the queen attend the Mentor Foundation meeting in London!

Last year in May we don't see pics, too. Not from meeting or Gala in London!

King Carl Gustaf at the seminar 'Value-based Leadership' and presentation
of 'Young Leadership' scholarships in the Bernadotte library at the Royal
Palace on Tuesday, 28 April. The Scholarships were awarded to (L to R)
Anders Josefsson, Sofia Barakat and Nino Jahangari.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Boris, thanks very much for this link (great work) :flowers:

Finally, we see pics of the queen by attend the charity-Dinner on 9th April 2010 in Bangkok!

Today I find this pic from arrival in Hotel/Pattaya:

http://pattayatoday.net/pattaya/around-pattaya/royal-visit-at-woodlands-pattaya/

Some more info from Queen Silvia’s Thailand trip in the beginning of April has gone online.
Long, informative article with pictures about the charity dinner she attended, in benefit of a womans organization founded by Princess Soamsawali of Thailand:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/life/family/176593/a-royal-visit-for-a-better-tomorrow

This thread has now reached 21 pages and will be closed. The new thread can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom