The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

The IBL pictures are still from the visit to Essunga yesterday.
Today's pics from the visit to Goeteborg can be found on anp, although unfortunately none so far from last night's concert.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Aristocracy

I think it is strange that there are no pictures from yesterday evening!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

One more photo from yesterday:
NLT
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

hahahahahahahaha

Thanks for this unice photo. were did you find it??
the blue plastic-overalls are the best!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf View Post
I haven't found pics from yesterday evenong, too. But here is an article about the activities of the royal couple today!

Kungen lunchade i Kortedala - Gýteborg - Göteborgs-Posten

IMO it is okay if she looks aged! Don't forget that she will turn 65 in december.
And I think there were moments when she looked much much older.

I know and I wish I look as good as she does when I turn 65 but in my mind she will always be that gorgeous girl who burst on the scene in 1975.....Boy oh boy we are all getting old (er).........But all of a sudden she looks it.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Busy time in the last few days for the swedish royals! The king on a hunt together with Prince Carl Phillip, the Queen in Germany and than a opening of a new impaired hearing rehab ward at the Rosenlunds Hospital and Victoria on official visit to India!
Fortunately there a many pictures of there activities. Not like in the past few month. I always hoped that sometime we will see as many pictures as of the other royal families, like the danish or the spanish. Maybe it will change now and we will see more pictures of the swedish royals, but i do not believe it.

Anyway....

Here are some pictures of the Queen today:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

And here are pictures of the King:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 10-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

There must be something wrong with my computer. I could only see the first picture of the Queen. The rest did not open up for me.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
There must be something wrong with my computer. I could only see the first picture of the Queen. The rest did not open up for me.
mhm...

maybe this link will work:

ANP Beeldbank

I think in these photos you can also see that the Queen has aged a lot in the last few month. But, as I said before, it doesn't matter! She will turn 65 in december and so it's okay that she shows her age. I would be happy, if i look like her with 65.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't say she has aged a lot in the past few months - it's just that the effects of whatever surgery/injections she had done in Brazil exactly one year ago have subsided, as they tend to.
We'll see if she will decide to get another 'touch-up' this fall before the Nobel ceremony.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know how long it tooks to recover after a "tuoch-up" but she will be in Brazil at the end of November, according to royalcourt.se. I do not hope that she will do it again, but who knows.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

From royalblog.nl:

Quote:
Wolves beware, says King Carl Gustaf

Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf says the country's wolf population needs to be reduced, perhaps through hunting. But the Swedish chapter of the animal protection group WWF is dismissing the king's comments, saying "there is no risk of an explosion of the wolf population".
More here.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday, the queen attend the "Drivkraft 2008" conference in Ersta Diakoni/Stockholm.

It's the only one official event of the queen during this week! Unfortunately without information or pics
Old 10-22-2008, 04:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post

It's the only one official event of the queen during this week! Unfortunately without information or pics
That's not a lot. Why is that? Is she doing something else this week, private matters?
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 10-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen also hosted the reception for the Corps Diplomatique with the King on Oct. 21.
My guess is that Queen Silvia might accompany her husband to the United Arab Emirates for his Scout organization meeting until the 26th.
She did so as well - without the quite useless royalcourt.se announcing it - when the King traveled to Korea early this year for the same purpose.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Serene Highness

Yes Boris, the queen was in Vienna by Scout Foundation meeting, too. But we don't see pictures of her.

You are right, the queen hosted the reception of the Corps Diplomatique yesterday. But from this events we don't see pics nothing during the years!

Result - the last time we saw pictures from the queen was last friday!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

There were no photos from Vienna a few weeks ago, but there were many from Korea early in the year: Also a Scout Foundation trip, also attended by the Queen unannounced in advance.
So let’s wait and see.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The Queen also hosted the reception for the Corps Diplomatique with the King on Oct. 21.
My guess is that Queen Silvia might accompany her husband to the United Arab Emirates for his Scout organization meeting until the 26th.
She did so as well - without the quite useless royalcourt.se announcing it - when the King traveled to Korea early this year for the same purpose.
Until yesterday I could also imagine that the Queen joins the Scout organisation meeting. It is a perfect chance to share time with her husband, but now I could imagine that the Queen will attend the funeral of countess Sonja Bernadotte. As far as I know there is no date released for the funeral and no information about the guests who attend (don't know if it is the right word for someone who attends funeral), but I think the Queen and the countess had a good relationship. Well, we will see what will happen.

To the other aspect:
I think that it is a shame that there aren't any pictures of the official engagements this week. I saw pics from the Queen in Uppsalla and from the King with Carl Philip, but no pics from yesterday.

An at least one question:

Normally the royalcouple make two state visits in fall, but they only went trough Ukraine in the beginning of october and no state visit is released until now. Does someone know anything about this fact?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's possible that Queen Sonja's funeral will be a very private affair, followed by a rememberance service some time later - like it was in her husband's case. Hard to say when members of the Royal Family will attend what.
Regarding state visits, their annual number is not fixed, it varies – last year’s number of six (incoming and outgoing) was actually a lot.
There were four state visits this year (like in 2005 and 2006 for example) and no more are planned.
Of course there’s the very grand state visit to the Netherlands to look forward to in spring 2009.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It's possible that Queen Sonja's funeral will be a very private affair, followed by a rememberance service some time later - like it was in her husband's case. Hard to say when members of the Royal Family will attend what.
Regarding state visits, their annual number is not fixed, it varies – last year’s number of six (incoming and outgoing) was actually a lot.
There were four state visits this year (like in 2005 and 2006 for example) and no more are planned.
Of course there’s the very grand state visit to the Netherlands to look forward to in spring 2009.

mhm... I thought that they make two state visits in fall, but anyway...

Where did you get information about a state visit in the Netherlands next year? I haven't heard about it!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I heard about the Swedish state visit to the Netherlands from none other than Queen Beatrix herself... in her throne speech this year on Prinsjedag.
On royalcourt.se, there's a complete list of all state visits during the present King's reign.

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia