King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, the queen attend the "Drivkraft 2008" conference in Ersta Diakoni/Stockholm.

It's the only one official event of the queen during this week! Unfortunately without information or pics

It's the only one official event of the queen during this week! Unfortunately without information or pics
That's not a lot. Why is that? Is she doing something else this week, private matters?

The Queen also hosted the reception for the Corps Diplomatique with the King on Oct. 21.
My guess is that Queen Silvia might accompany her husband to the United Arab Emirates for his Scout organization meeting until the 26th.
She did so as well - without the quite useless royalcourt.se announcing it - when the King traveled to Korea early this year for the same purpose.

Yes Boris, the queen was in Vienna by Scout Foundation meeting, too. But we don't see pictures of her.

You are right, the queen hosted the reception of the Corps Diplomatique yesterday. But from this events we don't see pics nothing during the years!

Result - the last time we saw pictures from the queen was last friday!

There were no photos from Vienna a few weeks ago, but there were many from Korea early in the year: Also a Scout Foundation trip, also attended by the Queen unannounced in advance.
So let’s wait and see.

The Queen also hosted the reception for the Corps Diplomatique with the King on Oct. 21.
My guess is that Queen Silvia might accompany her husband to the United Arab Emirates for his Scout organization meeting until the 26th.
She did so as well - without the quite useless royalcourt.se announcing it - when the King traveled to Korea early this year for the same purpose.

Until yesterday I could also imagine that the Queen joins the Scout organisation meeting. It is a perfect chance to share time with her husband, but now I could imagine that the Queen will attend the funeral of countess Sonja Bernadotte. As far as I know there is no date released for the funeral and no information about the guests who attend (don't know if it is the right word for someone who attends funeral), but I think the Queen and the countess had a good relationship. Well, we will see what will happen.

To the other aspect:
I think that it is a shame that there aren't any pictures of the official engagements this week. I saw pics from the Queen in Uppsalla and from the King with Carl Philip, but no pics from yesterday.

An at least one question:

Normally the royalcouple make two state visits in fall, but they only went trough Ukraine in the beginning of october and no state visit is released until now. Does someone know anything about this fact?

It's possible that Queen Sonja's funeral will be a very private affair, followed by a rememberance service some time later - like it was in her husband's case. Hard to say when members of the Royal Family will attend what.
Regarding state visits, their annual number is not fixed, it varies – last year’s number of six (incoming and outgoing) was actually a lot.
There were four state visits this year (like in 2005 and 2006 for example) and no more are planned.
Of course there’s the very grand state visit to the Netherlands to look forward to in spring 2009.

It's possible that Queen Sonja's funeral will be a very private affair, followed by a rememberance service some time later - like it was in her husband's case. Hard to say when members of the Royal Family will attend what.
Regarding state visits, their annual number is not fixed, it varies – last year’s number of six (incoming and outgoing) was actually a lot.
There were four state visits this year (like in 2005 and 2006 for example) and no more are planned.
Of course there’s the very grand state visit to the Netherlands to look forward to in spring 2009.

mhm... I thought that they make two state visits in fall, but anyway...

Where did you get information about a state visit in the Netherlands next year? I haven't heard about it!

I heard about the Swedish state visit to the Netherlands from none other than Queen Beatrix herself...:ROFLMAO: in her throne speech this year on Prinsjedag.
On royalcourt.se, there's a complete list of all state visits during the present King's reign.

I don;t think HM announced it herself, she usually does not mention state visits unless the ultra sensitive ones, like the one to Indonesia. AFAIK it was said by the commentator of the public television channel during this event. The NOS (public channel) usually gets the information directly from court, so the information is reliable.

What pics from Uppsala with the queen do you mean?

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;841392 said:
To the other aspect:
I think that it is a shame that there aren't any pictures of the official engagements this week. I saw pics from the Queen in Uppsalla.

Countess Sonja.
Queen Sonja is still alive and enjoys good health. ;)

Oh dear... :ohmy: my apologies.
Ursulajohanna, thank you very much for the link to the Vienna pics!
Queen Silvia not only wore a new gown for the September gala, it's also quite an extraordinary one... very sleek and sexy, I'd say, without revealing anything but her great figure. A great find of yours.

What pics from Uppsala with the queen do you mean?

:doh: I mixed it up!
I mean pics from Roslunds Hospital last week.

The pics fron Vienna are amaizing. I think the Queen looked great in the red dress. Is it a new one? I think so, because I haven't seen it on her before.

The article is about the King NOT attending the 30th birthday party for the wife of his very good friend, 66-year-old business man Aje Philipson.
Where on royalcourt does it say that the King and Queen are on holiday?
I can't find any reason given why there are no official engagements for the whole Royal Family until November 11.

This week is the autumn holiday in this part of the country, so the Royal Family is probably taking a few days off now.

King Carl Gustaf with Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili during an audience at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, 31 October 2008, on the second day of the president´s visit to Sweden. In background is Georgia's Economy Minister Ekaterina Sharashidze.
ANP Beeldbank

A few weeks ago the king had expressed his worries about wolves at a hunt in quite a polemic manner ("explosion of wolves")

Then Aftonbladet (of course also always into polemic things ;)) had asked the author Kerstin Ekman about her opinion (she had written books on several social issues in Sweden. Among them wolf hunting. This year a movie based on one of her books got released. Storyline: 2 men are hunting a wolf in North Sweden...)
And she had said, that the king must have been drunken, when he did those statements.

And now Silvia had said in the interview (mainly about protection of children, but also adressing Royals & freedom of speach), that she doesn´t understand, why an author, who doesn´t know anything about wolves, got asked...

So far no response from Ekman, so I guess no "bitch war" to expect :D

Thank you Lena! I think it is cute that the Queen defense the King:in_love:

The article is about the King NOT attending the 30th birthday party for the wife of his very good friend, 66-year-old business man Aje Philipson.
Where on royalcourt does it say that the King and Queen are on holiday?
I can't find any reason given why there are no official engagements for the whole Royal Family until November 11.
Just found this on Jenny's Svensk Damtidnings Blog: Jennys kungliga blogg - Svensk Damtidning
:eek:
It's the birthday child Bathina singing...

Hey.... I have one question!
The Queen will turn 65 in december. Will there be celebrations like five years ago?
I hope there will be new official phots of the royal familiy.

I hope so too and I would find it appropiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom