King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ursulajohanna, the date is correct. The 'Jukonsert in Slotkyrka' = 'Christmas concert at the Palace Church' of course IS the service & concert which was taped for TV.
And it was not held in September, but on December 16th.

The concert that was broadcast on Christmas Eve was recored on the 16 Dec. The service on New Years Day was recorded in September.

According to SVT Their Majesties are on holiday in Brazil since the 26 Dec. The Court states that it is a private trip to meet with The Queen's family.

The King and Queen will again travel to Brazil in March but then for a state visit to the country.

Kunglig glans ska sälja Jas - rapport | svt.se

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you jujje for the update on the Royal Couple's current visit to Brazil.

The article states that The King is actually lobbying in Brazil for the export of Swedish fighter jets, to be bought by the Brazilian government.
Whether Queen Silvia only uses this trip to visit her family or if she re-appears with more facial work done, as she did for the last time after her 2007 stay in Brazil, remains to be seen.
The King's first public engagement of the year is on January 12th, the Queen's on January 20th.

Oh noooo... lets hope she will not do anything. Lets hope her daughters said "enough" and her husband said "I love so much, pleace dont do it again" :)

Yesterday afternoon (3pm) the queen attend the "minneskonsert för Elisabeth Söderström och Erik Saedén" in Opera/Stockholm!
Her first official event after the new years-holiday in Brasil!

when was the queen at the Östersund Hospital

Was the interview with the Royal Children in Jan 14, 2010? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ursulajohanna (and LadyFinn and iceflower too) for keeping us updated here about the royal couple’s engagements!

It’s a pity that so far, no pictures have emerged from last night’s dinner.
The evening at Stockholm’s City Hall in honor of The Royal Academy for Forestry and Agriculture (founded by the first Bernadotte King in 1811) is actually a black tie gala including an award ceremony, so it would be particularly nice to see pics.

Thank you ursulajohanna (and LadyFinn and iceflower too) for keeping us updated here about the royal couple’s engagements!

It’s a pity that so far, no pictures have emerged from last night’s dinner.
The evening at Stockholm’s City Hall in honor of The Royal Academy for Forestry and Agriculture (founded by the first Bernadotte King in 1811) is actually a black tie gala including an award ceremony, so it would be particularly nice to see pics.

I have just found pics from the black tie event!
Here is the link! Just scroll down and you will see some pics of the royalcouple....

http://www.ksla.se/sv/eventImages.asp?intPageID=1008

Thank you very much indeed for that find!
It's a great gallery of pictures, giving a very good overall impression of the occasion.

On friday the queen attend Mentor Foundation meeting in London, but without press! Or do you find more information about the meeting?

Already last meeting of the Foundation in London on May 2009 we don't see pics - nothing from arrial or meeting on 5th May or Charity-Gala on 6th May!

Tomorrow, sunday 7 february, the King and the Queen will attend the church service in St:a Klara church, Stockholm at 11.00 (its very close to the railway station and if I take the train at 04.45 I can be there too... lol...)

Do you see the royal couple by the church service yesterday in Stockholm? I don't find pics of it! It's very pity - no pics of the last events of the royal couple (in London or Stockholm).

Tomorrow, sunday 7 february, the King and the Queen will attend the church service in St:a Klara church, Stockholm at 11.00 (its very close to the railway station and if I take the train at 04.45 I can be there too... lol...)

Do you see the royal couple by the church service yesterday in Stockholm? I don't find pics of it! It's very pity - no pics of the last events of the royal couple (in London or Stockholm).

Managed to find two photos from the service in St Klara church. :)

Worth adding is that St Klara is famous for their social work in central Stockholm.

http://hjortikina.dinstudio.se/files/clara02.jpg
http://hjortikina.dinstudio.se/files/clara03.jpg
http://hjortikina.dinstudio.se/files/clara01.jpg

Pics 10.2.2010

King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden pictured at the opening ceremony
of the Baltic Sea Action Summit in Helsinki, on February 10, 2010.

Organisers of the Helsinki summit say a range of companies, foundations
and individuals have already made more than 130 promises of action to
save the Baltic.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

On 9th February 2010 the royal couple attend the years-celebration Travellers Clubs in Stockholm! One more an event without press!

Swedes back pensioner king to carry on - The Local

A majority of Swedes are in favour of King Carl XVI Gustaf remaining on the throne despite reaching the pension age in 2011.

The king has the support of 62 percent of Swedes to carry on and not abdicate in favour of his daughter, Crown Princess Victoria, according to a new poll by Synovate published in Dagens Nyheter (DN) on Monday.

A majority of Swedes are in favour of King Carl XVI Gustaf remaining on the throne despite reaching the pension age in 2011.

The king has the support of 62 percent of Swedes to carry on and not abdicate in favour of his daughter, Crown Princess Victoria, according to a new poll by Synovate published in Dagens Nyheter (DN) on Monday.

Actually, I think i would be pretty cool if the king retired (abdicated) at 65 as the rest of us Swedes (or 67). He always tried to be a modern king, and being an active pensioner who has time for journeys and interests are quite modern if you ask me BUT I dont think he will AND he has a record to beat! His great grandfather Gustav V was king of Sweden for 43 years - thats the 2:nd longest reign in Sweden:Magnus Eriksson was king of Sweden for 45 years (but he was 3 years old when he became king in 1319)... and our current king has 37 years on the throne :) so I hope he will beat that record!

(I posted this in CP Victoria current ...(same subject)... but it belongs here too.... moderators can delete if they want:D)

I would have to agree with most of the Swedes on this. He should carry on. Not to mention that Victoria would have no time to be a newlywed and enjoy the first several years of her marriage. I'm thinking he's not going to do that to his daughter.

I am missing (from Moderation) the publish on "Intervju Drottning Silvias Bönbok" by Kunskapskanalen on 1st March 2010, the interview was taken 15th February. That's why here information

Aftonbönen är helig för Silvia | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
You can already find more (and a pic from the interview) in this topic here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/videos-and-sound-clips-coming-tv-appearances-10961-9.html

By the way, the website of the Marcus Wallenberg Prize has finally put up pictures from their award gala, which took place last September and was attended by The King and Queen, as usual:
The Marcus Wallenberg Prize
I would have to agree with most of the Swedes on this. He should carry on.
There is hardly any room to speculate about abdication because Swedish monarchs do not abdicate.

The present King has explicitely stated that he regards his 'job' as a job for life, which further confirms that abdication can be ruled out as a possibility.
Considering the longevity of the Bernadotte males, Crown Princess Victoria might not become Queen before being in her early sixties.

Boris, thanks for the information - Sorry, I don't look in the other thread (videos&Sound clips), there are to many threads here!

The group-pics from Marcus-Wallenberg-Prize (28th September 2009) I saw, too. But I though, that are no interest for the long time before event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom