King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Silvia is publishing "Queen Silvia's Book of Prayers", a collection of prayers - some of them old, some new and specifically written for the book.
She took part personally in the work of creating the prayer-book, indicated its direction and selected the prayers. The book is illustrated with exclusive photographs taken by King Carl Gustaf.

Quote from the press release:
"Queen Silvia’s Book of Prayers is meant to be a personal book, and a close friend in life, in different circumstances."

Quote from Queen Silvia:
"I need some moments to process what I've been through. In my visits around Sweden and in other countries, I meet a lot of joy but also of vulnerability and pain. Especially for the children. I carry them with me into the prayer. "

10 Swedish Kronor of each print sold go towards ‘Whole World’, the Swedish Church's international children’s support organization. The official book presentation took place at the Palace Church today - here are two pics:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2064/silvia3250x403.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2428/silviadrottning.jpg

Thanks a lot for the additional information, Boris!

Here are some more anp pics:

Queen Silvia of Sweden during a presentation of Queen Silvia's Prayer
Book, at a press conference at the Royal Chapel on Monday. The book
is a collaboration between the Royal Court parish and Verbum publishing
House. November 16, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Queen Silvia is publishing "Queen Silvia's Book of Prayers", a collection of prayers - some of them old, some new and specifically written for the book.
She took part personally in the work of creating the prayer-book, indicated its direction and selected the prayers. The book is illustrated with exclusive photographs taken by King Carl Gustaf.

Quote from the press release:
"Queen Silvia’s Book of Prayers is meant to be a personal book, and a close friend in life, in different circumstances."

Quote from Queen Silvia:
"I need some moments to process what I've been through. In my visits around Sweden and in other countries, I meet a lot of joy but also of vulnerability and pain. Especially for the children. I carry them with me into the prayer. "

10 Swedish Kronor of each print sold go towards ‘Whole World’, the Swedish Church's international children’s support organization. The official book presentation took place at the Palace Church today - here are two pics:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2064/silvia3250x403.jpg
[URL="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2428/silviadrottning.jpg"]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2428/silviadrottning.jpg[/URL]

You can buy it here: VERBUM
:)

A sad day for the Queen and the King today:

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended the funeral of the King's
close friend Archibald Hamilton. The funeral service took place in Oscar's
Church at Ostermalm in Stockholm on Tuesday 17 November 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Can you imagine the outfits the Queen will wear to celebrate Victoria's wedding and her own 34th wedding anniversary? Can't wait!

Poor Queen Silvia, on the photo where she retains the tears; she is such a courageous lady.

Thank you very much for the link to the video!
It shows a pronounced warm side of Queen Silvia, which is very nice to see.

Nov 23, 2009 - Queen Silvia of Sweden visit The Queen Silvia Children's Hospital in Gothenburg when it celebrates it's 150th anniversary.

ANP Gallery

Mayor of Hamburg (Germany) Ole von Beust smiles during an audience
with King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia at the royal palace in Stockholm,
Sweden on 24 November 2009. The Swedish royal couple had been on
a visit to Hamburg earlier in the month.

--------> Pic

Is it just me, or do the king and queen look like minature royal dolls in these photos? They make such a lovely couple together, but the camera angle/lense needs adjusting, imo! Something looks a little wierd...

I've just looked for some news about Queen Silvia on SVT and I have found a video of the awarding of "Prins Carl Medaljen". According to royalcourt.se it took place on 1st of December. I can't remember that we saw pics of the Queen from this event. The same with "Prins Eugens Medaljen". This is strange.
Here is the link: Utdelning av Prins Carl medaljen - Kungahuset | SVT Play

And here is a video of her speech from 20-anniversary of Children Rights:
Barnkonventionen 20 år - Kungahuset | SVT Play

During my research for more information about the activities of the royal family in the last week I also found some pics of Queen Silvia awarding the winners of "Dagens Nyheter Quiz" for young people:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
It took place on 10th December. I think in the morning. It seems as if the recent days were quite busy for the whole royal family.

Thanks for the information and video-link of SVT-player. Yes, unfortunatelly we don't see pictures from "Prins Eugens Medaljen". :ermm:

But here a great pic of the royal couple by "Prins Carl Medalj": :flowers:

http://bakomkulisserna.svenskdam.se/ (last pic on the site)

And here a group-pic: http://blt.se/nyheter/karlskrona/sten-swedlund-fick-prins-carl-medaljen(1661801).gm

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;1030106 said:
I've just looked for some news about Queen Silvia on SVT and I have found a video of the awarding of "Prins Carl Medaljen". According to royalcourt.se it took place on 1st of December. I can't remember that we saw pics of the Queen from this event. The same with "Prins Eugens Medaljen". This is strange.
Here is the link: Utdelning av Prins Carl medaljen - Kungahuset | SVT Play

This week the queen had many official events - but without pics, or?
14th - Meeting Childhood Foundation and Swedish Care Institute
15th - Meeting German church St.Gertrud and Lunch with "Deutscher Damenclub"

DAM-magazine Nr.52/53 publish on the cover "Exklusiv Intervju Drottning Silvia - nya jultraditionerna pa Drottningholm."

SvenskDamtidningNr52/52.pdf

If it possible everyone scann the site/pics with interview on this thread?

Today, The King and Queen attended a New Year’s service at the chapel of Strömsholm Palace, which was broadcast live on Swedish TV.
Queen Silvia gave a reading of one of the prayers from her recently published "Book of Prayers".
Here’s a SVT video of the whole service, with a lot of close ups of the royal couple throughout and with Queen Silvia’s reading starting at 35.00:

http://svtplay.se/v/1831958/gudstjanst/del_1_av_60

II's realy made on 1st January 2010 or times before? The trees looks green!

The priest talks a lot of the new year and that it´s now 2010, but as you say it doesn´t look like it´s recorded recently beacuse we have had unusual amount of snow this year since atleast three weeks now - so i don´t really know what to think of this...

I happen to know that this service was recorded earlier with the intention to be shown on New Years Day.

Actually, the church service was pre-taped indeed; as far as I know, the date of the taping was December 16.

No, this date can't be. On 16th December they were by Julkonsert in Slotkyrka/Stockholm and after that Jullunch for courtstaff.

Actually, the church service was pre-taped indeed; as far as I know, the date of the taping was December 16.

I believe it was actually recorded in September.

No, this date can't be. On 16th December they were by Julkonsert in Slotkyrka/Stockholm and after that Jullunch for courtstaff.
Ursulajohanna, the date is correct. The 'Jukonsert in Slotkyrka' = 'Christmas concert at the Palace Church' of course IS the service & concert which was taped for TV.
And it was not held in September, but on December 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom