King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 6: Oct 2007 - Sept 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No official engagements at all.
None until August 12, afterwards the attendance at the Bejing Olympics from the 15th to the 25th, so the official reason given for the cancellation is wrong.
A bit weird indeed, as the King especially always highly enjoyed the oldtimer car race.
My guess is that they aren't on Öland or in Sweden currently, but on a holiday trip to an undisclosed destination.

I know, that are no official events before 12th August!

But the race is certainly planed long time before. It must be a very important date of the royal couple yesterday, that canceled they attendance by Kungsrallye and therefore is canceled the race total!

My guess is that they aren't on Öland or in Sweden currently, but on a holiday trip to an undisclosed destination.
Hopefully they are there with Victoria and Daniel, tie ropes around them, lead them to the beach, push Daniel, that he would fall onto his knees, would give him a ring and would force him to ask.
Oh wait...SDT had an other "the king doesn´t like Daniel"-article this week :rolleyes:

Maybe the for summer planned "wedding party" of Josephine Genetay took place yesterday. Isn´t she Silvia´s goddaughter (?)

Yep, Josephine Génetay is Silvia’s goddaughter and a close friend of Princess Madeleine. But an advance wedding party would surely have been in the evening anyway? Seems to be something of a mystery why the King doesn’t shup for his King’s Rally and caused its cancellation.
As for the King & Queen tying up the Wrestling, tee-hee… for my part, I hope that Victoria might still get a bigger fish to fry.

I doubt this is the reason. This confirmation date is set long before the summer - more likely during the winter months. The Kungsrallyt could easily have been re-scheduled long ago.

I doubt this is the reason. This confirmation date is set long before the summer - more likely during the winter months. The Kungsrallyt could easily have been re-scheduled long ago.

I do not doubt that the confirmation is the reason why the ralley had been re-scheduled. Okay, the date for a confirmation is set early, but this is no reason why the ralley was called of so late. The King and Queen were guests at this confirmation and so it is not said, that they knew it two months ago that te confirmation of the King's godchild is on 9.8.2008.

I think the Queen looked very good in her ice-blue outfit. The had wasn't the best.

Three days to go and they'll attend the Olympic Games in Beijing. Hope there will be some nice pictures.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;809855 said:
I do not doubt that the confirmation is the reason why the ralley had been re-scheduled. Okay, the date for a confirmation is set early, but this is no reason why the ralley was called of so late. The King and Queen were guests at this confirmation and so it is not said, that they knew it two months ago that te confirmation of the King's godchild is on 9.8.2008.
Confirmations are never scheduled in the last minute. She must have been at camp for a month and surely knew about it before that aswell. Unless someone simply forgot to tell the majesty until the very last minute I doubt this is the reason for the cancellation

According to further information on the website you linked here yourself, it was a visit to the museum Villa San Michele on the Italian island of Capri on October 2nd & 3rd, 1997.

Thanks very much Boris for your help, great work!

What was the occassion of the Italy-trip of the royal couple on 2nd/3rd October 1997?

Great photo

Lovely photo of the King and Queen at a swimming event at the Olympics. It is the last photo in the series.

http://abacausa.com/ximagi/search.php?u=&assignment_id=45333

On thursday the court announced that the King and Queen will be on State Visit to Ukraine from 30th September to 3rd October.
Because of this I thin that the Queen won't attend the Quadriga-prize-award in Berlin on 3rd October. Actually the winner of the prize of 2007 awards the prize to the winner of 2008. We will see what is on the agenda in October.

I think it's very probable that the state visit is going to end early in the day with the departure of the Royal couple, and that Queen Silvia will go ahead from there to Berlin to attend the Quadriga Award.
Thanks for the reminder that the last year winner usually hands over the Quadriga to the next one.

Will Crown Princess Victoria join them on this state visit, as she has others in the past?

It also looks like the king will be in the United States from Sept. 24 to 27.

So it seems like a busy time for the King.

I do not think that Victoria joins her parents to this state visit. In the last few years I only could remember that she joined them to Denmark in 2007! It would be nice but I think she will stay in Sweden.

LadyFinn, thanks for the links!

But a lot of the pictures are from "Worldhotels konferens" in Berns Hotel, Stockholm for speeking about her World Childhood Foundation! The other pics are from the Forum against drugs.

LadyFinn, thanks for the links!

But a lot of the pictures are from "Worldhotels konferens" in Berns Hotel, Stockholm for speeking about her World Childhood Foundation! The other pics are from the Forum against drugs.

I´m sorry, I was in such a hurry posting the photos that I didn´t notice that they were from different acts.
Here´s Queen Silvia´s speech at the Forum Against Drugs:
Kungahuset/Royal Court of Sweden
And her speech at the Worldhotels Leadership Forum:
Kungahuset/Royal Court of Sweden

Queen Silvia at the opening of a conference on dementia held in Malmo September 11, 2008. The Queen's opening speech contained her own experinces from the illness as her mother, Alice Sommerlath, suffered from dementia her last years in life. The two day seminarium will leed to a new national network with people working with patients suffering from the illness.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Expressen Kvällsposten/Drottningen invigde nytt demensnätverk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom