The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I very much admire both King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia for their committment to organizations for children and young adults. Many "ordinary" adults should take a clue from them.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

Hello to everybody! I'm new on this forum!

Now, while the royal family is on holiday it's very boring for the royal watchers! It would be nice if anyone can me some interesting infomation
about the royal family, particularly about Carl Gustaf and Silvia!

---------------------
Silvia❦CarlGustaf

Old 08-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Here a link with news of the king and queen and princess Madeleine, too:

Sofia's Royal Sweden

It's very pitty for us to see no new pictures of there holiday, as the last years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf View Post
Hello to everybody! I'm new on this forum!

Now, while the royal family is on holiday it's very boring for the royal watchers! It would be nice if anyone can me some interesting infomation
about the royal family, particularly about Carl Gustaf and Silvia!

---------------------
Silvia❦CarlGustaf
Old 08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Pics 3.8.2007

Swedish jetsetter Carl-Adam Lewenhaupt celebrated his 60th birthday with a party for his
closest friends at the restaurant Pontus in Stockholm 03 August, 2007. Silvia and Carl Gustaf
have been there as well:

Pic 3
Old 08-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you! I noticed these things also! I really think that it is a pitty that there is no royal summer photoshooting! I love the photos from the 80's! This was beautiful! Maybe the tradition will be continued when there a swedish royal babys!

I only find one photo of the royal family on their boat Polaris! You can see it here: Kungaparet trivs bäst till havs - Svensk Damtidning

When I regarded the photo I thought that Queen Silvia really has a good body! In my opinion she has a body of a woman in teh 40's!

What do you think?

-----------------------
Silvia❦CarlGustaf
Old 08-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you Silvia❦CarlGustaf the Queen looks just great on this photo for the woman on her age!
Old 08-18-2007, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia were yesterday in Halikko, near Turku in Finland (50 km to the east from Turku). Mr Björn Wahlroos, the managing director and CEO of the Sampo Group, had invited them to a big party he arranged at his mansion. Mr Wahlroos is an old friend of king Carl Gustaf.
The party was big, there were 300 guests, among them also the foreign minister of Sweden, Mr. Carl Bildt.
The King and the Queen stayed at the Marina Palace -hotel in Turku and drove from there with their armoured Mercedes to Halikko. There were big security measures at the mansion.
A police motor cycle lead the car of the King and the Queen to the mansion,
the Queen waved elegantly to the press.
Iltasanomat tells that this party was even greater than the finnish Independence Day party at the Presidential Castle.
Story/Iltasanomat
Old 08-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks LadyFinn for the information/picture about the royal couple in Finland yesterday.

The queen looks great in her blue dress! It's pitty for us to see only a small picture.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Yes thank you for the pic. Queen Silvia looks just lovely
Old 08-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia stayed in Finland, in Turku also in Saturday. They were having brunch at the Turku Castle, where they ate crabs.
A little photo from Turun Sanomat
Old 08-20-2007, 04:50 AM
Serene Highness

Many thanks to all, for the information about visit Royal couple in Finland last Friday/Saturday.

It's great work of you to find the articles and pictures! The queen looks beautifull and relaxed.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is a story of the Royal Couple´s private visit to Finland in today´s Iltasanomat, there´s also a better picture of the queen.
Gorgeous Queen Silvia!

Photo of Silvia

The paper tells that Queen Silvia was again very charming during the Royal Couple´s private visit to Finland last weekend.
The Royal Couple arrived in Saturday at noon to the Turku Castle, where the managing director and CEO of the Sampo Group, Mr Björn Wahlroos and his wife had invited about 300 VIP-guests to a lunch, that lasted about four hours. The same people were at the luxus party at the Wahlroos estate in Halikko in Friday.
The Royal Couple and the Wahlroos couple are old and good friends. Queen Silvia enjoyed her visit very much, it was easy to see.
- I´m so sad that we have to leave, it is so beautiful here, the Queen said to Iltasanomat when she left from the lunch and the visit ended.

It had been a unique evening at the Wahlroos estate. The estate had had a great lightning, there was played the music of Sibelius and the evening ended to great fireworks.

There were people gathered to the Turku Castle and they started to applaud, when the Queen waved to them for the first time. King Carl Gustaf let her wife charm the crowd and stayed a little behind. Queen Silvia looks even graceful live than at the photos.
- The Queen is almost girlish, people were saying.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:05 PM

Another photo from Ilta-Sanomat:

King Carl Gustaf with "Nalle" Wahlroos

Wahlroos is wearing nice looking pink pants

According to the newspaper, also King's sisters Princess Desirée and Princess Christina attended the party with their husbands, but I haven't so far seen pictures of them.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

Today the queen open the "Ulriksdal Flower Show". Here a link with information and picture from royalcourt:

Drottningen invigde Ulriksdal Flower Show - Kungahuset [NS4 version]

It's great, after there (long) holiday the royal couple begin the official events!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Is Ulriksdal a city in Sweden? The Queens creme outfit looks very elegant btw.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It's a palace: http://www.royalcourt.se/theroyalpal...a80002446.html
Old 08-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Commoner

Thanks LadyFinn for bringing us those pictures of Queen Silvia at the Ulriksdal flower show. The Queen looks beautiful. She seems so happy. Good to see.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:00 AM
Serene Highness

Ulriksdal is a castle in city-part Solna north west of city Stockholm! Here a link with more information:
Solna Stad - Hem

Look to DAM magazine - there is a Video about opening the "Ulriksdal Flower Show" with the queen:

Välkommen till Svensk Damtidning - Svensk Damtidning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Old 09-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

At noon today September 2nd the King and Queen arrived to Solliden. Perhaps they needed some days rest after princess Madeleines birthday party :)

They arrived in their own car with the King behind the wheel and then took their bags and talked alittle with the staff and then entered Solliden through the side entrance

Copyrighted by me
Old 09-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Yennie, thanks for the information and pictures.

I wonder that the royal couple stay for one day in Solliden. Or was the pictures taken yesterday (saturday)?
The queen has tomorrow an official event in Stockholm (memorial Ingmar Bergman, Dramaten Theatre)!

Closed Thread

Tags
carl gustav, current events, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia