King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 5: July 2006 - Oct 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks to all, for the information about visit Royal couple in Finland last Friday/Saturday.

It's great work of you to find the articles and pictures! The queen looks beautifull and relaxed.

Last edited:
There is a story of the Royal Couple´s private visit to Finland in today´s Iltasanomat, there´s also a better picture of the queen.
Gorgeous Queen Silvia!

Photo of Silvia

The paper tells that Queen Silvia was again very charming during the Royal Couple´s private visit to Finland last weekend.
The Royal Couple arrived in Saturday at noon to the Turku Castle, where the managing director and CEO of the Sampo Group, Mr Björn Wahlroos and his wife had invited about 300 VIP-guests to a lunch, that lasted about four hours. The same people were at the luxus party at the Wahlroos estate in Halikko in Friday.
The Royal Couple and the Wahlroos couple are old and good friends. Queen Silvia enjoyed her visit very much, it was easy to see.
- I´m so sad that we have to leave, it is so beautiful here, the Queen said to Iltasanomat when she left from the lunch and the visit ended.

It had been a unique evening at the Wahlroos estate. The estate had had a great lightning, there was played the music of Sibelius and the evening ended to great fireworks.

There were people gathered to the Turku Castle and they started to applaud, when the Queen waved to them for the first time. King Carl Gustaf let her wife charm the crowd and stayed a little behind. Queen Silvia looks even graceful live than at the photos.
- The Queen is almost girlish, people were saying.

Another photo from Ilta-Sanomat:

King Carl Gustaf with "Nalle" Wahlroos

Wahlroos is wearing nice looking pink pants :lol:

According to the newspaper, also King's sisters Princess Desirée and Princess Christina attended the party with their husbands, but I haven't so far seen pictures of them.

Is Ulriksdal a city in Sweden? The Queens creme outfit looks very elegant btw.

Thanks LadyFinn for bringing us those pictures of Queen Silvia at the Ulriksdal flower show. The Queen looks beautiful. She seems so happy. Good to see.

Last edited:
At noon today September 2nd the King and Queen arrived to Solliden. Perhaps they needed some days rest after princess Madeleines birthday party :)

They arrived in their own car with the King behind the wheel and then took their bags and talked alittle with the staff and then entered Solliden through the side entrance

Copyrighted by me

Yennie, thanks for the information and pictures.

I wonder that the royal couple stay for one day in Solliden. Or was the pictures taken yesterday (saturday)?
The queen has tomorrow an official event in Stockholm (memorial Ingmar Bergman, Dramaten Theatre)!

Last edited:
Yennie, thanks for the information and pictures.

I wonder that the royal couple stay for one day in Solliden. Or was the pictures taken yesterday (saturday)?
The queen has tomorrow an official event in Stockholm (memorial Ingmar Bergman, Dramaten Theatre)!
I wondered about that to. Actually I checked the royal calendar before I went there to see if there was a chance to perhaps catch a glimpse of a royal. When I saw that they all had engagements in Stockholm both on saturday and monday I thought that I would not see them at Solliden. So imagine my surprise when I saw two black cars drive up to the entrance. At first I thought it was just some delivery or something... but I speeded up when I realized who it was :) The photos were taken on sunday september 2nd, so I guess it was a quick visit!

Thank you!

Thank you, Yennie, for sharing your pictures and the story about how you took them with us! It is really very much appreciated. :flowers:

Thanks you Yennie, too for your informations about the pictures taken!

I think, the king had no official events last week, so he stay the week alone in Solliden. And the queen return at 6th September to him!

Thanks you Yennie, too for your informations about the pictures taken!

I think, the king had no official events last week, so he stay the week alone in Solliden. And the queen return at 6th September to him!
Yes that could be it. They had many bags with them in the back of the car so it makes sense that the Queen just arrived. The King drove his Volvo by himself so perhaps he just drove to pick her up in Kalmar.

I was wondering, is Soliden so close to the read that these pioctures can be taken?

Ah, so I gather Yennie was just a visitor of the parc who happened to get a lucky shot? Do they close (part of) the gardens when the royals are there? I assume they want to do some sunbathing in privacy for example.

Ah, so I gather Yennie was just a visitor of the parc who happened to get a lucky shot? Do they close (part of) the gardens when the royals are there? I assume they want to do some sunbathing in privacy for example.
Yes Yennie was a lucky girl :) And a visitor too.

The park is always open to the public, even if the royal family are there. You can get really close to the palace and if you´re lucky catch a glimpse of a royal arriving or leaving. But the palace park is very large and its just a small area that the public has access to so the royal family has plenty of space to be private. On the Solliden estate there are other houses, stable and other buildings, like the royal familys beach house which is where they spend most of their time when the park is open to the public

Well, you would be even a luckier girl if Carl-Philip would have joined his parents ;) . But thanks for posting the pictures, it must be a very nice estate/walk. Does he RF always use Volvo's, or doctors-cars as my cousin uses to say? They are certainly popula among royals, the Dutch are using them too and I remember seeing Volvo's at Haakon' s wedding too,.

Yesterday evening the royal couple attend the Gala concert Kungl. Philharmoniker at Concert-House!

Do you see no pictures of arrive the king and queen?

Ursulajohanna, I posted links to pics from last night's night at the opera in the 'Opening of the Riksdag' thread as it is an annually event on the Day of the Parliament's opening.
Not only the King and Queen but all three children attended.

Thanks Boris for your information and publish.

But I ask for event 13th September (concert Royal Philharmoniker)!

Ursulajohanna, I posted links to pics from last night's night at the opera in the 'Opening of the Riksdag' thread as it is an annually event on the Day of the Parliament's opening.
Not only the King and Queen but all three children attended.

King Carl Gustaf of Sweden awarded the "Panda Book of the Year 2008 " to photographer Brutus Ostling and author Staffan Soderblom during the WWF annual meeting at the Ulriksdals palace in Stockholm.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Crown Princess Victoria applause when King Carl Gustaf of Sweden awarded the "Panda Book of the Year 2008
ANP Beeldbank

Thanks LadyFinn for the information and publish the links of the pictures! :flowers:

The queen looks beautiful in her new skirt. ;)

Further the royal couple attend the "Gösta winbergh award" with Gala concert yesterday evening. Do you know links to pictures of this event? :rolleyes:

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia inaugurated Wednesday September 26 an exhibition of painter Alexander Roslin at National Museum in Stockholm. In the picture they stand in front of a painting of King Gustav III in his coronation dress from 1777 and one of Empress Catherine II of Russia fom 1776.]

No pictures, but what is the Gosta Winbergh award?

It is pitty for us to see no pictures of this great event!

The award is each year handed out to young aspiring tenors through an arranged singing contest that takes place at the opera stage Confidencen, at the Ulriksdal Royal Estate.
Gösta Winbergh was a great swedish Tenor , born in Stockholm and death 18th March 2002. (He is often mentioned as among Sweden's finest tenors)

No pictures, but what is the Gosta Winbergh award?

It is pitty for us to see no pictures of this great event!

The award is each year handed out to young aspiring tenors through an arranged singing contest that takes place at the opera stage Confidencen, at the Ulriksdal Royal Estate.
Gösta Winbergh was a great swedish Tenor , born in Stockholm and death 18th March 2002. (He is often mentioned as among Sweden's finest tenors)

Thanks for awnsering that, another question though, are the King and Queen known to appreciate classical music? I remember that they went to the Salzburger Festspiele a few years ago for example.

Marengo, I listen resp. read that the queen likes classical music! She go often in concert but I don't see pictures at last years the royal couple stay in Salzburg (at least 2002).

Queen Silvia Sweden received the German Quadriga award in Berlin for her efforts to help children. The Quadriga Award is presented every year on the anniversary of German reunification.
ANP Beeldbank
The Queen looks absolutely fantastic, I love her outfit.
The Award was given to the Queen by French Minister of Foreign Affairs Bernard Kouchner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the wonderful pictures, LadyFinn! The Queen looked amazing and the outfit was elegant:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom