King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 5: July 2006 - Oct 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The large pin appears to be in the design of "maj blommor" which are sold individually during April and May as a fundraiser. This year is the 100 year celebration.

Boris said:
Thank you, ursulajohanna - seegerpress seems to be always reliable when it comes to Royal events in Germany. The Queen certainly looks relaxed & happy too - another two days of charity work & being honored for it too.
I am wondering about that rather unusual large brooch the Queen is wearing; she wore it in Lund too - but upside-down! At first sight I thought those were real flowers, but now I realize it's a whole new piece of jewelry: Golden stems, diamond flowers, and green (enamel?) leaves. Maybe she was presented with it in Kuweit...?
This is no "new piece" of jewellery. Queen Silvia wore it also during her state-visit to Germany in 1979 and on her visit to Coburg in 1982 as far as I can remember.

Photos more King Carl Gustafs birthday? It is see on Princess Lilian with royal family on palace. Princess Lilian is grand old lady to swedens royal family and Queen Silvia is beautiful. It is elegant dress Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria.!

This year are no taken official photos - as information royal court, why??? :rolleyes:

loving silvia and carl gustaf said:
Weren't the usual family photos taken this year? (I don't mean the ones on the balcony...)

On this site; www.taby.se

you can see many photos of the King and Queens visit today to Täby in Stockholm

How do they decied what children can go give him flowers?

robby86 said:
How do they decied what children can go give him flowers?
I think all children who are there and have flowers with them are welcome

Princess Lilian is wonderfoul and pretty aunt to royal family!!!Wow princess Lilian is 91 year with royal family on balcony. Princess Lilian is not often public and she is 91 year despite high age! With she is good alert!!!! Princess Lilian is grand old lady!!!

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia toured gardens at Chelsea Flower Show today.
The pictures of them can be found at Chelsea Flower Show thread. :flowers:

Are they slighty holding hands in this picture? so cute...

74205110.jpg

Not too often to see their Majesty show some Public Display of affection.....can't wait to see more...

It seems to me that the older they get, the more affectionate they seem to appear on pics.
The King has always had a somewhat 'grumpy' look about him, including the attitude towards his wife - you can see it on pics even from the time when they were just married. It was a constant image: The Queen always looking at him lovingly, the King with a rather bland stare...
But these days he seems to mellow and I agree, it's sweet to see the signs of affection which have become more obvious over the past couple of years.

Russian President Vladimir Putin (R) speaks with King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden (L) during their meeting in the Kremlin, Moscow, Russia, 14 June 2007. King of Sweden Carl XVI Gustaf is in Russia on a private visit. It is the third meeting of the two heads of state.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

aftonbladet has started a blogg one of their reporters wrights about royals
The reporter said that silvia on july 5, were with madeleine and lussan (madeleines friend) in france. i wrote a comment that i thought that silvia were in norway now. that comment never made it to the blog..... a innoncent comment

the blogg is written by the same who wrote a book about princesses and thier work

aftonbladet has started a blogg one of their reporters wrights about royals
The reporter said that silvia on july 5, were with madeleine and lussan (madeleines friend) in france. i wrote a comment that i thought that silvia were in norway now. that comment never made it to the blog..... a innoncent comment

the blogg is written by the same who wrote a book about princesses and thier work
no she is in norway ofcourse! But I have seen photos of Silvia, Madeleine and Lussan on <a boat in St Tropez on June 29 so perhaps Madeleine is still there?

I very much admire both King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia for their committment to organizations for children and young adults. Many "ordinary" adults should take a clue from them.

Hello to everybody! I'm new on this forum!

Now, while the royal family is on holiday it's very boring for the royal watchers! It would be nice if anyone can me some interesting infomation
about the royal family, particularly about Carl Gustaf and Silvia!

---------------------
Silvia❦CarlGustaf

Here a link with news of the king and queen and princess Madeleine, too:

Sofia's Royal Sweden

It's very pitty for us to see no new pictures of there holiday, as the last years!

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;651220 said:
Hello to everybody! I'm new on this forum!

Now, while the royal family is on holiday it's very boring for the royal watchers! It would be nice if anyone can me some interesting infomation
about the royal family, particularly about Carl Gustaf and Silvia!

---------------------
Silvia❦CarlGustaf

Pics 3.8.2007

Swedish jetsetter Carl-Adam Lewenhaupt celebrated his 60th birthday with a party for his
closest friends at the restaurant Pontus in Stockholm 03 August, 2007. Silvia and Carl Gustaf
have been there as well:

http://i12.tinypic.com/4mtw75f.jpgPic 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I noticed these things also! I really think that it is a pitty that there is no royal summer photoshooting! I love the photos from the 80's! This was beautiful! Maybe the tradition will be continued when there a swedish royal babys!

I only find one photo of the royal family on their boat Polaris! You can see it here: Kungaparet trivs bäst till havs - Svensk Damtidning

When I regarded the photo I thought that Queen Silvia really has a good body! In my opinion she has a body of a woman in teh 40's!

What do you think?

-----------------------
Silvia❦CarlGustaf

I agree with you Silvia❦CarlGustaf the Queen looks just great on this photo for the woman on her age!

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia were yesterday in Halikko, near Turku in Finland (50 km to the east from Turku). Mr Björn Wahlroos, the managing director and CEO of the Sampo Group, had invited them to a big party he arranged at his mansion. Mr Wahlroos is an old friend of king Carl Gustaf.
The party was big, there were 300 guests, among them also the foreign minister of Sweden, Mr. Carl Bildt.
The King and the Queen stayed at the Marina Palace -hotel in Turku and drove from there with their armoured Mercedes to Halikko. There were big security measures at the mansion.
A police motor cycle lead the car of the King and the Queen to the mansion,
the Queen waved elegantly to the press.
Iltasanomat tells that this party was even greater than the finnish Independence Day party at the Presidential Castle.
Story/Iltasanomat

Thanks LadyFinn for the information/picture about the royal couple in Finland yesterday.

The queen looks great in her blue dress! It's pitty for us to see only a small picture.

Yes thank you for the pic. Queen Silvia looks just lovely:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom