King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 5: July 2006 - Oct 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Silvia

11.10.2006 UPPSALA
Queen Silvia arrives to Uppsala Hospital to attend the Swedish metadone treatment program jubilee.

Photos from ANP-photo

Queen Silvia of Sweden arrives at a reception on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the 'Svenska Klubben i Hamburg' (Swedish Club of Hamburg) in Hamburg, Germany, Monday 16 October 2006. All revenues of the birthday event will go to World Childhood Foundation, a foundation established by the queen that promotes the rights of children. In the afternoon Queen Silvia is schedulded to travel to Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

from anp

Queen Silvia in Germany

Queen Silvia of Sweden receives greetings and flowers from pupils of the Scandinavian school in Hamburg, northern Germany, Monday, Oct. 16, 2006. Silvia also visited the "Svenska Klubben i Hamburg", a German-Swedish club, which celebrates its 100th anniversary. (AP Photo/Kai-Uwe Knoth)

Photos from Polfoto

Queen Silvia of Sweden leaves the shore of the Baltic sea after a photocall in the north German town of Ahlbeck October 16, 2006. Queen Silvia of Sweden arrived on Monday for her two-day visit to the German state of Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania.

from yahoo/reuters

Queen Silvia in Germany

1st photo: Queen Silvia walks on the Baltic sea beach in Ahlbeck, northern Germany, Monday, Oct. 16, 2006.

2nd photo: Queen Silvia of Sweden smiles while receiving explanations on a drawing by a local pupil in an exhibition of children's painting in Ahlbeck, northern Germany, Monday, Oct. 16, 2006.

Photos from Polfoto

Last edited:
She looks brilliant! She's a beautiful woman!

They just showed a short clip about her in TV. They showed how some of her flowers fell to the ground and she had to pick them up by her own while all the "gentlemen" around her were just looking at her. :lol:

PPE Pictures

A Video

Queen Silvia visits Germany (it's in German. You can hear Queen Silvia speaking German in it ;))
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhalt/0/0,4070,3988768-0,00.html
ZDF

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the queen's wrap. Very elegant.

Her Majesty said:
She looks brilliant! She's a beautiful woman!
They just showed a short clip about her in TV. They showed how some of her flowers fell to the ground and she had to pick them up by her own while all the "gentlemen" around her were just looking at her. :lol:
yes, she is absolutely beautiful!
Btw, thank you for video! it was great! :flowers:

Queen Silvia of Sweden arrives in the northern German town of Greifswald October 17, 2006. Queen Silvia visits Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University Greifswald together with German President Horst Koehler later on Tuesday during her two-day visit to the German state of Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania.
#1: Reuters
#2-3: AP

Last edited:
Queen Silvia of Sweden sits down for talks with Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Premier Harald Ringstorff during her visit to Ahlbeck 16 October 2006. Queen Silvia is in Germany for a two-day visit, during which she will attend a charity benefit concert.

Photo from Profimedia

Queen Silvia of Sweden is welcomed by the state governor of the northeastern German state of Mecklenburg Western Pomerania, Harald Ringstorff upon arrival at Greifswald, northeastern Germany 17 October 2006.

Photo 5: Queen Silvia is welcomed by German President Hoerst Koehler in Greifswald, northeastern Germany.

Photos from Polfoto

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm very pleased that there are so many photos (not to mention video clips on tv) from the Queen's visit to Germany. I just wish that she was visiting Germany together with one of her children...

Photos from Polfoto and Profimedia

silvfi6.th.jpg

Last edited:
She seems to me to speak German very well.:flowers:

robby86 said:
It could be because she is German:lol:.

So was her father and her mother was Brazilian. She only lived in Brazil for 10 years

robby86 said:
Of course, as a born German. ;)
(She became Swedish when she married CG.)
I don't think you forget your mother tongue easily.

avrilo said:
It could be because she is German:lol:.

So was her father and her mother was Brazilian. She only lived in Brazil for 10 years
I totally forgot that her father was German.:blush:

The queen made a hard job! After the royal couple state visit in Canada Queen Silvia attend at 1./2. November the Mentor-Foundation-meeting in New York. She is the chairman of the Foundation about drug-fight.

Also at 2nd November she was attend by 7th King Hussein Award celebration in New York.

Yesterday the Queen and a blonde girlfriend (looks like Putzi Brodin to me) went to see the movie "De andras liv" about the german police Stasi. They arrived at 21.15 and didnt entered the theatre until the lights had gone out.
"They kept a very low profile" a fellow moviegoer said. Most of the people did not notice the Queen. "I did not see any reactions at all", one witness said.
Atleást two Säpo guards were there and at the end of the show, just before midnight, the Queen and her friend left quickly in a black Säpo car.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,929647,00.html

photo by; Per Olof Sånnäs
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,929647,00.html

Last edited:
Yennie, thanks for posting the link and picture from Aftonbladet ....

... but it is better for us to see pictures from the queen by her work, for example Mentor-meeting or Gala-events.

The picture from cinema is private matter!

ursulajohanna said:
Yennie, thanks for posting the link and picture from Aftonbladet ....

... but it is better for us to see pictures from the queen by her work, for example Mentor-meeting or Gala-events.

The picture from cinema is private matter!
Well, I understand what you mean. And yes, in a ideal world we would only see royals at work doing "important" things. But paparazzi photos are a reality and with modern technology it has become even easier to take photos of and report news about royalties.
I prefer a mix of both their public and more private engagements. The public ones are interesting to read about but the private are more fun imo :)

As long as they dont harass the royal family, hiding in bushes and taking photos of them at home, I think paparazzies are ok. As long as they are in a public place, like the Queen was yesterday

Has there been fewer state visit this year then other years.....?
do you know of any planned state visits next year

It's so good to see that Queen Silvia (and her daughter Madeleine) is involved in numerous charity organization. Mostly in the area of disadvantaged children but besides that she works actively for handicapped and against drug use in adolescents and young adults. I think too that this is a remarkable achievement for the Swedish Queen.

Here is another event:

Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf arrive to the found raising concert at the Royal Concert Hall in Stockholm on 20th November 2006. The concert was held to benefit children sexually molested children.

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...=4033340&pos=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom