The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
Lena > I think you are a little disturbed with the thought of our future Queen Victoria and princely consort Daniel Westling, am I right ??

Just as I am with His Pompous Majesty Göran Persson

I'm not sure if we're allowed to have a political discussion here so for now I think we better leave it there, okay
Yes, let´s leave it now.
Nope, not disturbed with Daniel Westling...I learn to like him. But the year 2005 was Victoria-wise not the very "best" I think it´s getting ridiculous with Victoria biting at the press, talking about throne over love etc. So I rather would want a wedding with Daniel at once. A smitten Victoria could make some points at me.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Commoner

what are the Plans for the Kings 60th birthday this year?...I hope they do what the Queen of Denmark did and have a Gala dinner with alot of other Royals if so it would be good to see Queen Elizabeth attend (although I highly doubt it)

Old 01-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddo
what are the Plans for the Kings 60th birthday this year?...I hope they do what the Queen of Denmark did and have a Gala dinner with alot of other Royals if so it would be good to see Queen Elizabeth attend (although I highly doubt it)
Yah.it'd be really good to see if Queen Elizabeth II be there, but we not sure, we just have to wait and see, as Her Majesty reaches her 80's i'm not sure if she plans to travels more, but it's not nice to send only Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 01-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Silvia in Greece

Athens, GREECE: Queen Silvia of Sweden leaves the Zappeion conference Hall in Athens after attending a round table against the trafficking of human beings 23 January 2006.
(from getty)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56650604.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	224898   Click image for larger version

Name:	56650626.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	224899   Click image for larger version

Name:	56650624.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	224900  
Old 01-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia of Sweden leave the Zappeion conference Hall in Athens after attending a round table against the trafficking of human beings 23 January 2006.

#1-4: ANP
#5: HELLO magazine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2331726.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	224903   Click image for larger version

Name:	2331736.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	224904   Click image for larger version

Name:	2331762.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	224905   Click image for larger version

Name:	2331766.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	224906  

Attached Images

Old 01-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so much for finding these pictures! The Queen looks great - beautiful, happy, relaxed and in a good mood it seems!

She's in Athens to attend The Suzanne Mubarak Women's International Peace Movement's round table talks about trafficking.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy

Very nice to see the Queen out and about.

The King got an award today:

Kungen får pris av Situation Stockholm

Publicerad 24 januari 2006 - 18:54
Uppdaterad 24 januari 2006 - 18:55

Kungen har enhälligt blivit vald till 2006 års mottagare av Situation Sthlms nyinstiftade pris Bängkäppen. Prismotiveringen lyder: Kung Carl Gustaf Bernadotte tilldelas Situation Sthlms pris Årets Bängkäpp 2006 för att han har 608 rum i centrala Stockholm, som han inte bor i. Att göra kungen till mottagare av Situation Sthlms första Bängkäpp är en viktig humanitär och demokratisk signal till både hovet och övriga medborgare, säger juryns ordförande, tillika tidningens chefredaktör Ulf Stolt.

My translation:
The homeless people in Stockholm has through their magazine Situation Stockholm (which they sell to earn a little cash, my comment) unanimously awarded King Carl Gustaf Bernadotte with this years ''wooden stick'' award. He gets the prize for having 608 rooms in central Stockholm and not using one single of them to live in. To make the King the receiver of this year's prize is a democratic signal to the court and all citizens, says the chairman of the jury, also the editor the magazine, Ulf Stolt.

So, what do they expect the King to do Open up the castle to 608 homeless people ?? Somehow I suspect it wouldn't even solve these people's problems .... They ought to get a job like everyone else, it's the perfect way to pay one's bills instead of wandering around in the underground trains.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
Very nice to see the Queen out and about.

The King got an award today:

Kungen får pris av Situation Stockholm

Publicerad 24 januari 2006 - 18:54
Uppdaterad 24 januari 2006 - 18:55

Kungen har enhälligt blivit vald till 2006 års mottagare av Situation Sthlms nyinstiftade pris Bängkäppen. Prismotiveringen lyder: Kung Carl Gustaf Bernadotte tilldelas Situation Sthlms pris Årets Bängkäpp 2006 för att han har 608 rum i centrala Stockholm, som han inte bor i. Att göra kungen till mottagare av Situation Sthlms första Bängkäpp är en viktig humanitär och demokratisk signal till både hovet och övriga medborgare, säger juryns ordförande, tillika tidningens chefredaktör Ulf Stolt.

My translation:
The homeless people in Stockholm has through their magazine Situation Stockholm (which they sell to earn a little cash, my comment) unanimously awarded King Carl Gustaf Bernadotte with this years ''wooden stick'' award. He gets the prize for having 608 rooms in central Stockholm and not using one single of them to live in. To make the King the receiver of this year's prize is a democratic signal to the court and all citizens, says the chairman of the jury, also the editor the magazine, Ulf Stolt.

So, what do they expect the King to do Open up the castle to 608 homeless people ?? Somehow I suspect it wouldn't even solve these people's problems .... They ought to get a job like everyone else, it's the perfect way to pay one's bills instead of wandering around in the underground trains.
Agreed. The thing is, that most homeless ppl can´t accept help...out of pride or because the next day, they are are too drunken or druggy to remember, what they wanted to do the other day. To say "here you have an apartment" hardly works and is only a superficial solution. But maybe this magazine hopes for some positive attention and thoughtful ppl through such an award. If it works...dunno.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Athens, GREECE: Queen Silvia of Sweden leaves the Zappeion conference Hall in Athens after attending a round table against the trafficking of human beings 23 January 2006.
from corbis
Old 01-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Commoner

I have heard reports of King Carl Gustav's alleged mistresses does anyone know anything about the King being unfaithful and is it true?
Old 01-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Aristocracy

As far as I know it's just rumours made up by tabloids who want to fill empty posters with sensational news. Since these people got a very limited sense of imagination they've so far only matched the King with already famous women (so the reader knows both counterparts and think it's exciting 'news').

(In my opinion it would be more 'real' if he had an affair with someone actually working at one of the castles.)

Some of Carl Gustaf's friends have gotten younger wives, I believe that's the reason why some media started speculating.

But there's never been any evidence and no mistress has ever come forth with her story.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

England's national soccer team manager Swedish Sven-Goran Eriksson (R), receives the King's Medal of the Twelwth Order with Deep Blue Ribbons from Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf (L), at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden, Tuesday 31 January 2006. Partly hidden by the king is Queen Silvia.

from anp
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2351276.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	225930  
Old 01-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
England's national soccer team manager Swedish Sven-Goran Eriksson (R), receives the King's Medal of the Twelwth Order with Deep Blue Ribbons from Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf (L), at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden, Tuesday 31 January 2006. Partly hidden by the king is Queen Silvia.

from anp

What a scandal.

With his questionnable lifestyle Sven-Göran Eriksson has done nothing but harm to Sweden and it's reputation.

I'm truly ashamed someone like Svennis-Penis gets a medal from the King.

I had higher thoughts about the King :(
Old 01-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Nobility

"Svennis"

It was decided for more than one year ago (spring 2005) that Sven-Göran Eriksson ("Svennis") should be honoured with av medal from Sweden and that he, as a the famous and capable team manager he is, should receive it from the the hands of HM the King. But "Svennis" was unable to attend the cermony last year, so he got the medal this year instead. And one must remember that "Svennis", was selected to receive the medal for his reputation as a soccer team manager, not as a private person. I, myself, can think about quite a few persons in many countrys who never would have had medals from their countries if it only have been a question about their private lifes, including even Royal persons in different countrys.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Tuesday 31/1

> T.M. The King & Queen
Awarding of H.M. The King’s Medal
The Royal Palace of Stockholm
(from goff photos)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	226003   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	226004   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	226005   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	226006  

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	226007   Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	226008   Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	226009   Click image for larger version

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	226010  

Old 02-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Gentry

Thank you!

Thank you very much, purple platinum, for posting the great pics from the King and Queen from yesterday.
I thought we would only get to see the one picture with the Queen in the background. So I was really disappointed. :(
Now I am glad that I can see what the Queen wore.
By the way: She looks lovely like always. :)
Old 02-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for posting those lovely pictures, purple_platinum! Svenska Dagbladet has a webb TV clip also, click here to see it.

"Svennis" and Nancy Dell´Olio at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. Picture by Henrik Montgomery via Aftonbladet.

1: Professor Ann-Christine Bylund receives H.M. The King's Medal in the 12th size with the Ribbon of the Order of the Seraphim. Picture from Claes Göran Carlsson via the Royal Court's website, 2: Sven "Svennis" Göran Eriksson receives his medal from the King, picture by Henrik Montgomery via Aftonbladet
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

This year does not only mark the King's 60th birthday, but also the 30th wedding anniversary of the King and Queen! On 19 June, Silvia has been Queen of Sweden for 30 years, and this will be marked with a special exhibition.

On 19 May, the Queen herself will open an exhibition showing all of her Nobel dresses as well as the wedding dress at the White Sea in the Royal Palace of Stockholm. To complement the dress exhibition, pictures taken by photographer Charles Hammarsten will show Her Majesty in the dresses at the time she wore them.

Apart from the dress exhibition, there will also be one part dedicated to showing the Queen's everyday work and her many committments. The exhibition is planned to close on 31 August, but can be extended if the public demands so (visitor frequency).

# Information from an article by Dagens Nyheter today, the article can be found here (in Swedish).
Old 02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Thursday 3/2

> H.M. The Queen
Opening speech at the conference “A better dementia care”
The Norra Latin School, Stockholm

(from royalcourt.se)
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Courtier

[quote=GrandDuchess]On 19 May, the Queen herself will open an exhibition showing all of her Nobel dresses as well as the wedding dress at the White Sea in the Royal Palace of Stockholm. To complement the dress exhibition, pictures taken by photographer Charles Hammarsten will show Her Majesty in the dresses at the time she wore them.[quote]

I think that this is a wonderful idea, and I will certainly visit the exhibition to see all her lovely dresses in real life, I would love if they also displayed the jewels she has worn particually the tiaras:)

Closed Thread

Tags
carl gustav, current events, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia