The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Video-clip: Queen Silvia appeals to the people to donate for the victims of the earthquake in Paktistan.
An very good idea, if you ask me. When we are honest, a lot of people are some kind of "tired" about hearing about catastrophes after this horrible year 2005, but the problems of the affected people of course don´t get smaller.
As I get it, the Queen also says, that Victoria will be present at a TV gala for the victims.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/player...10&clipID=3961

Old 11-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Victoria will be present at the tv gala

Old 11-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Yes Victoria will be present at the tv gala
Thank you for the confirmation.

On a "lighter" note: The Queen looks fresh-ironed. Now we can really say: The NPA 2006 is on the way
Old 11-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Thank you for the confirmation.

On a "lighter" note: The Queen looks fresh-ironed. Now we can really say: The NPA 2006 is on the way
fresh ironed?! haha wonderful
Old 11-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Serene Highness

Lena, thanks for the link.:)

Do you can made some screenshots of this video-clip (interview).

Thanks for help in advance. The pictures from victoria by the interview are very lovely(thanks).

Quote:
Video-clip: Queen Silvia appeals to the people to donate for the victims of the earthquake in Paktistan.
An very good idea, if you ask me. When we are honest, a lot of people are some kind of "tired" about hearing about catastrophes after this horrible year 2005, but the problems of the affected people of course don´t get smaller.
As I get it, the Queen also says, that Victoria will be present at a TV gala for the victims.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/player...10&clipID=3961
Old 11-08-2005, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
Lena, thanks for the link.:)

Do you can made some screenshots of this video-clip (interview).

Thanks for help in advance. The pictures from victoria by the interview are very lovely(thanks).
You are welcome. Of course I can.
With Aftonbladet-clips, it´s pretty easy (with Clips on Real player it´s more complicated), so when you want more pics for your collection, you can give it a try.
-1. You start the video
-2. You press the pause-button (when you have chosen a "scene" for your screenshot):
-3. You press "Alt" on your keyboard (next to the spacer/Leertaste) and then "druck" (Should be next or a little under F12)´
-4 You open a graphic programme (You probably have Paint)
-5 You press "paste" (einfügen)
-6 You cut the picture out (and copy it to a new "window" of the graphic programme)

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a10.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	211408   Click image for larger version

Name:	a11.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	211409   Click image for larger version

Name:	a12.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	211410   Click image for larger version

Name:	a13.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	211411  

Old 11-08-2005, 09:58 AM

HELLO
Can someone traslate wich queen Silvia said in Swedish
Old 11-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
You are welcome. Of course I can.
With Aftonbladet-clips, it´s pretty easy (with Clips on Real player it´s more complicated), so when you want more pics for your collection, you can give it a try.
-1. You start the video
-2. You press the pause-button (when you have chosen a "scene" for your screenshot):
-3. You press "Alt" on your keyboard (next to the spacer/Leertaste) and then "druck" (Should be next or a little under F12)´
-4 You open a graphic programme (You probably have Paint)
-5 You press "paste" (einfügen)
-6 You cut the picture out (and copy it to a new "window" of the graphic programme)

I hope this helps.
I had to try it to :)

Hmm, but I cant find the right button. "Alt" I know but what about the other one? Is it called druck Where is it?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Gentry

When were the above pictures taken? Thanks
Old 11-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I had to try it to :)

Hmm, but I cant find the right button. "Alt" I know but what about the other one? Is it called druck Where is it?
I´m surprised, that Yennie-picture-queen doesn´t know, how to make screenshots. But I should have explained it consequently in english & german. So it´s only confusing :o

Explanation for the print screen key:
http://www.seoconsultants.com/window...screen-key.htm

The print screen key marked in a picture:
http://www.angelfire.com/wv/fluffuna...y/keyboard.gif

http://img25.exs.cx/img25/1903/printscreen9en.jpg

Explanation on Wikipedia about making screenshots:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screenshot

@rosalyn
The pics were "taken" around the 3rd of November, when the Queen asked the Swedish people to donate for the victims of the earthquake in Pakistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelcamel
HELLO
Can someone traslate wich queen Silvia said in Swedish
I can´t give a translation. But here is a summary:

Silvia: give to earthquake victims:
http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?I...&date=20051106
Old 11-09-2005, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I´m surprised, that Yennie-picture-queen doesn´t know, how to make screenshots. But I should have explained it consequently in english & german. So it´s only confusing :o
ah, now I get it :) Thanks!
no never done it. I am a picture queen but no technical queen (not technical at all )
Old 11-09-2005, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Great news! Ekerlids publishing house will bring out an interview book to the king´s 60th birthday. It´s written of Herman Lindquist (Josefine has posted once something out of his column in Aftonbladet. His column is mainly about historical events). He said, that he has set his focus on the young king. But has also not avoided questions affecting the nearer past (e.g. Brunai-gate)ETW acts again as Co-author. Victoria and Silvia were interviewed as well.
I remember, that I talked a few days ago with GrandDuchess and we both agreed, that such a book would be great. And here it is (will come)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...726715,00.html
Old 11-09-2005, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Longer summary of the Aftonbladet article today:

Just in time for the King’s 60th birthday next year, the famous and popular Swedish historian Herman Lindqvist has written a book (biography) about King Carl XVI Gustaf. The title will be “Carl XVI Gustaf – conversations with the times” and will be published by Ekerlids in time for the birthday.

The publishers are surprised that the news of the new book has not leaker out sooner, Bertil Ekerlid at the publishing house says that after all the author has been seen at the palace a lot lately. He is also very pleased with the book, according to him; the author has written the books in a very vivid way and with a personal touch.

The book contains several “news”.

To get information and backgrounds to the book, the author Herman Lindqvist and the King have had twelve long conversations that has taken place at the Royal Palace of Stockholm, in which the King has contributed his very personal views and experiences in life.

This is the first time the King will tell about how it was to become the world’s youngest King and in the book he says that he didn’t feel mature enough when he ascended the throne at age 27. In the book, the King also reveals that he took long walks together with his sister Princess Christina in 1973, before his accession to the throne. Together they made a strategy for the future – the King came to the throne in a politically turbulent time, and in the book he tells how hard it was to always be the youngest – younger than all the ministers for example.

The King also tells about his four year low key relationship with Silvia, which the author describes as a long hide and seek time – for example the future Queen even took the measure of wearing a wig in order not to be discovered.

Herman Lindqvist, the author, has also interviewed the Queen and the Crown Princess, which are a complement to the interviews with the King. He has had no restrictions in his work, there has been no censorship from the Royal Court – he has for example discussed the famous “Brunei scandal” together with the King. Also Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, now Court Marshall for the Crown Princess’ Household, has written a few chapters. She writes about the King’s constitutional role and makes personal reflections of her 29 years working for the King. She says that the King doesn’t come to his right in short articles, and that this is the first time he has really been interviewed in a very deep way. She hopes that it will show that he is a more multi facetted person than what is known to the public.

Author Herman Lindqvist says that he thinks the King is very humoristic and open hearted, and that he has reached an age and maturity in which he can openly discuss his role.

The original & full article (in Swedish) can be found here.

Pictures from the article:

1973, ascending the throne

1996, Victoria's graduation

1975, with Silvia in Berlin

1985, with the family

1973, with Silvia in his Porshe

1976, the wedding

1997, Herman Lindqvist (the author of the book) receives a medal

2004, at a concert (at the Palace's Court Yard)

2001 (2005 written by Aftonbladet), as "rumpnissar"
Old 11-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

That with the rumpnissar was actually in summer 2001 to Madeleine´s graduation party. Strange, that they have thought, it´s from this year. One should mean Aftonbladet´s "memory" is better...
Old 11-09-2005, 05:53 AM
Courtier

What is the throne made out of. Is it silver?

"MII"
Old 11-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess

This is the first time the King will tell about how it was to become the world’s youngest King and in the book he says that he didn’t feel mature enough when he ascended the throne at age 17.
at age 27
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Great news! Ekerlids publishing house will bring out an interview book to the king´s 60th birthday. It´s written of Herman Lindquist (Josefine has posted once something out of his column in Aftonbladet. His column is mainly about historical events). He said, that he has set his focus on the young king. But has also not avoided questions affecting the nearer past (e.g. Brunai-gate)ETW acts again as Co-author. Victoria and Silvia were interviewed as well.
I remember, that I talked a few days ago with GrandDuchess and we both agreed, that such a book would be great. And here it is (will come)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...726715,00.html
Its great that they are writing a new book, but I must say I´m a bit disapointed with the choice of writer. Imo Herman Lindquist is to "stuck in the history" and focus to much on the past. For example in the documentary from Victorias 18th birthday, there was so much about the royal family of the 1700 and old queens and kings. History is important, yes but sometimes it is "over the top"
Old 11-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Its great that they are writing a new book, but I must say I´m a bit disapointed with the choice of writer. Imo Herman Lindquist is to "stuck in the history" and focus to much on the past. For example in the documentary from Victorias 18th birthday, there was so much about the royal family of the 1700 and old queens and kings. History is important, yes but sometimes it is "over the top"
The guy in the documentary to her 18th birthday was Herman Lindquist? For me the amount of history in the show was ok. After all Victoria was just around 18 and hasn´t done much in her life until then. To her 30th birthday SVT could make a documentary of 24 hours "ponytailing for the crown"
And I think in this book Herman Lindquist can´t go too far into the past. I only hope that Mr. Lindquist doesn´t go too much into politics. I would love to see a private side of the king and talking about politics always went some kind of "unfortunate" for the king.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

PRINCE KHALED OF SAUDI ARABIA VISITS SWEDEN. HERE TOGETHER WITH KING CARL XVI GUSTAF OF SWEDEN IN THE ROYAL CASTLE IN STOCKHOLM

From brunopress
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ste_prince_khale_373745.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	214437   Click image for larger version

Name:	ste_prince_khale_373768.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	214438   Click image for larger version

Name:	ste_prince_khale_373769.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	214439  
Old 11-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

At the moment, His Majesty is in India on a Royal Technology Mission together with The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences. The King usually leads the academy's delegation, consisting of representatives from the Swedish busines life and higher education, on these trips around the world. This time the destination is India. The idea with the Royal Technology Missions is to create new contacts that can lead to an extended idea- and business exchange.

Pictures from the Royal Court's website.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RTM1.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	215870   Click image for larger version

Name:	RTM2.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	215871   Click image for larger version

Name:	RTM3.JPG
Views:	39