The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
I find it is better we can see pictures from official terms (state visit from Malaysia or concert and awards...) as pictures from private life.
I totally agree!

Old 09-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

The south Swedish newspaper Helsingborgs Dagblad reports that this past Monday, 19 September, the King was in Skåne County. He participated in a closed (invitees only) racing competition at Ring Knutstorp (car racing course), and during the day he also had time to try three different BMW's and one Lamborghini. He won one of the competitions, and received a radio controlled truck as a prize.

(sorry, but no picture! I think they had one, but I can't find it online... Maybe Yennie has this newspaper? )

Old 09-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
The south Swedish newspaper Helsingborgs Dagblad reports that this past Monday, 19 September, the King was in Skåne County. He participated in a closed (invitees only) racing competition at Ring Knutstorp (car racing course), and during the day he also had time to try three different BMW's and one Lamborghini. He won one of the competitions, and received a radio controlled truck as a prize.

(sorry, but no picture! I think they had one, but I can't find it online... Maybe Yennie has this newspaper? )
Yes maybe she has :) But I dont have the paper here, but when I´m going home this weekend I´ll see if there is a photo
Old 09-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday the Queen opened the new Children’s and Youth Psychiatric Clinic at the old Sachsska Hospital in Stockholm. I add a selection of the pictures from Imagine Scandinavia, since they will soon disappear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	199652   Click image for larger version

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_10.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	199653   Click image for larger version

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	199654   Click image for larger version

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_3.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	199655  

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	199656   Click image for larger version

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_5.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	199657   Click image for larger version

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_6.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	199658   Click image for larger version

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_7.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	199659  

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_8.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	199660   Click image for larger version

Name:	BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_9.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	199661  
Old 09-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

The first three days of the week the king and queen had a lot of official terms (meeting world childhood, lunch with parlament, world demenz-day, crafoord-prize-award ...) but we don't see pictures from all the events! also nothing by royalcourt!!! Why?
It is about the trouble between royalcourt and swedish press about the defamation of the king?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

This past Sunday, 25 September, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia lunched at the Bratwurschtglockl am Dom restaurant during the Munich Beer Festival. Pictures from NewsCom.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	200464   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	200465   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	200466   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	200467  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	200468   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	200469   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	200470   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	200471  

Old 09-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Serene Highness

Can anyone post photos of KCG and QS at the lunch on Sunday without watermarks?
Thanks for any help!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:41 AM
Serene Highness

GrandDuchess, many thanks for posting the lovely pictures from Munich!

Can you posting the picture(from Pressensbild) from the queen at Göteborg from Monday? I cann't copy it. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

This past Monday, 26 September, the Queen attended the 150th jubilee of the synagogue in Gothenburg. Picture from the Royal Court's website.
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2005, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is a recent portrait photograph of the Queen, taken by photo artist Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin for her new book "Kvinnor" ("Women"), which is a celebration for all women. The picture is from her official website, http://www.ohlson.se/

On this picture, the Queen is standing on the balcony at Drottningholm Palace, facing the palace park.
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday, Tuesday 27 September, the King and Queen attended the Church Service of The Church of Sweden's Church Assembly 2005 in the Uppsala Cathedral, followed by the opening of The Church of Sweden's Church Assembly 2005 at the Uppsala University Assembly Hall.

Pictures from the Church of Sweden (in the pictures together with Their Majesties, you can see the Archbishop K.G. Hammar, County Governor Anders Björck and the Chairman of the Church Assembly 2005).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Uppsala1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	200609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uppsala2.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	200610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uppsala3.JPG
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	200611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uppsala4.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	200612  

Name:	Uppsala5.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	200613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uppsala6.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	200614  
Old 09-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Today, Wednesday 28 September, the King and Queen began their two-day theme visit to Östergötland County. The theme of the visit is public and youth health (consisting of visits and seminars), and the visit is arranged by the County Administrative Board of Östergötland together with The Swedish National Institute of Public Health.

Today the King and Queen visited the Vreta School in Mjölby, where they showed up their pedagogical "outdoors method" which they use. The Chairman of the City Council also presented them with the municipality of Mjölby's gift, two glass chandelieres from Mantorp Works/Industies.

* Radip clip = if you go here and click on "Hör kungen och drottningen", you get to hear a clip from Radio Östergötland.

Picture one is from the County Administrative Board, number three is from Norrköpings Tidningar, number four and five are from Swedish Radio, number six to ten are from the Veta School.
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Here is a recent portrait photograph of the Queen, taken by photo artist Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin for her new book "Kvinnor" ("Women"), which is a celebration for all women. The picture is from her official website, http://www.ohlson.se/

On this picture, the Queen is standing on the balcony at Drottningholm Palace, facing the palace park.
Thank you for the picture, GrandDuchess.

Personally I liked the (balcony) pictures for the book on Silvia to the silver jubilee better. Well, this one is rather modern (which probably meets the standards of Ohlson Wallin´s book)

I´ve wondered that for a long time...and maybe it´s just me...why does the left eye of the queen look in a lot of pics bigger??
Old 09-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena

I´ve wondered that for a long time...and maybe it´s just me...why does the left eye of the queen look in a lot of pics bigger??
Perhaps because it really is bigger. Most people have two differen "sides" of their face that isn´t similar to eachother.
I think it is so, that "beautiful people" often has very similar halfs and thats why we see them as beautiful
For example the swedish actress Isabella Scorupco has two identical "sides" and thats why she is "beautiful"
Old 09-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Perhaps because it really is bigger. Most people have two differen "sides" of their face that isn´t similar to eachother.
I think it is so, that "beautiful people" often has very similar halfs and thats why we see them as beautiful
For example the swedish actress Isabella Scorupco has two identical "sides" and thats why she is "beautiful"
Yes, I know, what you mean. I also know this theory, that symmetry should make people beautiful. But I don´t believe in it too much. As much as I know this theory is based on the idea, that "symmetric" ppl are healthier and more fertile. Symmetry is more or less about bone structure, but to me the non-static factors (such as skin colour, look of the eyes, hair structure...) seem more important (for the choice of a "fertile" partner).
Well, scientists need something to research, so I will let them their belief and will admit, that I´m awkward :p

But back to Silvia...to me the younger Silvia had quite symmetric eyes. Couldn´t it be, that this bigger eye is an self made problem...in other words, could it be, that a doctor has paralysed a little nerve (?)
Old 09-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
I've noticed that in photographs of Princess Diana too - very noticeable.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

But back to Silvia...to me the younger Silvia had quite symmetric eyes. Couldn´t it be, that this bigger eye is an self made problem...in other words, could it be, that a doctor has paralysed a little nerve (?)
Could be, she has done several face lifts and probably eye lifts aswell....
so perhaps its sometning like a paralysed nerve... I´m not a doctor so I have no idea if its possible to do so or not :)
Old 09-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Today, Thursday 29 September, the King and Queen continued their two-day theme visit to Östergötland County. The theme of the visit is public and youth health (consisting of visits and seminars), and the visit is arranged by the County Administrative Board of Östergötland together with The Swedish National Institute of Public Health.

Today the programme consisted of information about children and youth health and the municipality of Linköping preventive work on the area, and a visit to the Family Central Myran in Linköping where they met with children, their parents and the staff.

Pictures one to three are from Östgöta Correspondenten and pictures four to six are from the County Administrative Board (in the pictures are the King and Queen together with the County Governor and his wife).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_4 (Corren).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	200777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_5 (Corren).jpg
Views:	102
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	200778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_6 (Corren).jpg
Views:	102
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	200779  
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday, Thursday 29 September, the King and Queen received a gift from a children’s home in Liberia at Drottningholm Palace. It was the military unit LA 03, which is the Swedish contingent of the UN’s peacekeeping force, UNMIL, in Liberia, that received a half an hour audience with the Royal Couple to hand over the gift from Africa.

The Swedish contingent, LA 03, is running two humanitarian projects on a voluntary basis in Liberia while being there with the UN forces. The projects are focused on one professional school and one children’s home for orphaned children. The Swedish soldiers in the Swedish contingent raise money for the projects, and help out with their own voluntary work in different forms.

The projects and the Swedish help has meant that a house has been built for the orphaned children in Monrovia, earlier 48 children lived in one house, now they will be able to have separate sleeping spaces for boys and girls. Another house is about to be built. The project also involves social contact. For example the children were invited to a party on the Swedish National Day.

As a sign of the children’s gratitude towards the Swedish contingent and Sweden, the LA 03 military unit handed over a gift that they had carried with them from Liberia, which they received on Liberia’s National Day in July, all the way to Stockholm for the King and Queen as a symbol for Sweden.

Pictures from the Swedish Defence.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	200858   Click image for larger version

Name:	LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	200859   Click image for larger version

Name:	LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_3.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	200860  
Old 09-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Today the King made a defence unit visit when he visited Skaraborg's flotilla formation, F 7 in Såtenäs in the Västra Götaland County.

The King received a briefing about the unit's work in Afghanistan, Thailand, evacuation of staff from the Ivory Coast, the hurricanes Gudrun and Katrina. Then the King was informed about the transport unit's test work, visited the hangar and got acquainted with the F 7's 130 Hercules plane simulator.

Pictures from the Swedish Defence.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F7 Såtenäs 30 sept 2005_2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	200993   Click image for larger version

Name:	F7 Såtenäs 30 sept 2005_3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	200994  
Attached Images