The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 08:14 AM
Majesty

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 2: June 2004 - April 2005

and here is the new thread

The old can be seen here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=1485

Old 06-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Have you seen pics of Their Majesties in Slovenia?There are no photos in Getty Images.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Gentry

great pics...but so few!..? I really can't understand why there hasn't been taken any more pics than theese..!..the press usually follows the couple whereever they go?!!! thanks for posting the pics anyway... great...
Old 06-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I could imagine that there more photos will appear later (e.g. IBL is always a little bit slow)

I´ve to say that Queen Silvia looks highly elegant in these new pictures. That´s it, how a Queen has to look.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:36 AM
Gentry

yeah you're right... she looks elegant...
Old 06-17-2004, 04:30 AM
Serene Highness

Realy very nice pictures from the Kungaparet in Slovenien. Unfortunately I found not another pictures from 1st or 2nd day. By Polfoto (royalty)I don't found these pictures. In which rubric do you found these?
Old 06-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Gentry

international...
Old 06-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
ursulajohanna  Posted: Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:30 am

... Unfortunately I found not another pictures from 1st or 2nd day. By Polfoto (royalty)I don't found these pictures. In which rubric do you found these?
I think the media has come (before me) to the same conclusion I have
.... CG's showing every indication (as I recall he did last year around this time) that the summer vacation can't come soon enough.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:34 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 16th, 2004 - 6:48 pm
That´s it, how a Queen has to look.
As always.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:37 AM
Commoner

Here you have a goood link: http://www.up-rs.si/eng/ See this and then choose PHOTO GALLERY, some nice photos are there. Queen Silvia looks beautiful and elegant as always. I love her !!!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by greg@Jun 18th, 2004 - 6:37 am
Here you have a goood link: http://www.up-rs.si/eng/ See this and then choose PHOTO GALLERY, some nice photos are there. Queen Silvia looks beautiful and elegant as always. I love her !!!
Very nice pictures. Many thanks for the link of the website.
The queen and the king look very happy.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Hm, happy..I´m not sure if I can agree on that. He isn´t smiling in one single picture of the link above. Yes, he probably can´t wait to be on summer vacation and to do the things he really likes (boating, Oldtimer-Rallyes, home improvement/do it yourself, gardening, running...). It was a tough first half of the year for him...firstly "brunai-gate", then the headlines about his relationship to Daniel Westling, then the story, that he drove far to fast on the motorway, increasing Anti-monarchy-opinions...
Old 06-19-2004, 12:45 AM
Majesty

I agree. Silvia looks great in that blue gown. A true beauty.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Jun 18th, 2004 - 8:09 am

He isn´t smiling in one single picture of the link above .... It was a tough first half of the year for him...firstly "brunai-gate", then the headlines about his relationship to Daniel Westling, then the story, that he drove far to fast on the motorway
Maybe if you went to Sweden to console him, Lena ? :flower:
Old 06-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Majesty

" Daniel Westling...increasing Anti-monarchy-opinions.."

Makes sense to me. Sorry. I can´t be diplomatic all of the time. Sometimes the green-eyed monster rears its ugly head.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 19th, 2004 - 1:10 am
" Daniel Westling...increasing Anti-monarchy-opinions.."

Where is this quote from?
Old 06-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Where is this quote from?
It´s from me (one site before)...or better expressed the words are from me...I´ve written it in a completely different context. And I haven´t meant it a bit the way Dennis interpreted it :P
The only thing which could here (IMO) damage the monarchy is the part of these Expressen-articles, in which is CLAIMED (don´t believe it´s true) that the king doesn´t like Daniel, because he´s uneducated. So it SEEMS to SOME people as if the king would be an arrogant snooty-nosed little upstart!
Old 06-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Courtier

Aha Dennism just reads things that please him, or that way that they please him
Old 06-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Yeah. A little bit of editing from myself but Lena does make a good point though. All of the stupid news from the press has not made for a terribly first half of the year. This could explain for his less than sunny demeanor sometimes.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

From German Yahoo on 21 June:

Königin Silvia besucht Berlin

Berlin (dpa) - Das schwedische Königspaar hat heute Berlin besucht. Die Reise sei aber privat und werde nicht offiziell begleitet, teilte die Polizei mit. Wo Königin Silvia und ihr Mann Carl XVI. Gustaf wohnen, wurde nicht bekannt. Die gebürtige Heidelbergerin ist öfter in Deutschland zu Gast, in Berlin wohnt ihr Bruder. Zur Anreise aus Schweden soll das Königspaar einen blauen Ferrari benutzt haben, wie die Boulevardzeitung «B.Z.» schreibt.

Tags
carl gustav, current events, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia