they did a state visit to denmark 2004 or was it 2003

there should be a return state visit to Jordan in a few years

is rthere anymore monachy that we can expect a state visit from or to

Old 02-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Well I think a reverse state visit from Brunai is unlikely

Old 02-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The only incoming State Visit to expect from foreign Royals right now is from Luxembourg really, as they have a new Grand Duke & Duchess;
from Saudi-Arabia (The Swedish Royal couple made a state visit to Saudi Arabia more than twenty years ago which was never returned);
from Liechtenstein, but for whatever reason, Liechtenstein, like Monaco, doesn't really participate in the Royal State visit circuit;
and from Thailand, but then the Thai King & Queen rarely travel anywhere abroad these days.
What I really hope for is another state visit to Britain! That would be magnificent.
The King made one before he got married (in 1974 I think), but as Queen Margrethe of Denmark made a state visit to Britain around the same time but a 2nd one a few years ago, the British tradition of only one State Visit per Reigning Monarch has already been interrupted.
So why not another one from Sweden to Great Britain? It would be a most fascinating and glittering event to watch...
Old 02-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday the King had a "day off" from office work and official business and representation - and he made well use of it by going to Säfsen in Dalarna where he spent the whole day testing and driving different cars on a slippery course, trying antispinn other techniques on cars - and also drove a rally car for a while. The visit was strictly inofficial, but one of the people working at the place the King visited said to the press that the King is very people-friendly, nice and humble person, and the visit was a big success.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
What I really hope for is another state visit to Britain! That would be magnificent.
The King made one before he got married (in 1974 I think), but as Queen Margrethe of Denmark made a state visit to Britain around the same time but a 2nd one a few years ago, the British tradition of only one State Visit per Reigning Monarch has already been interrupted.
So why not another one from Sweden to Great Britain? It would be a most fascinating and glittering event to watch...

and they should take victoria carl philip and madeleine with them
Old 02-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
and they should take victoria carl philip and madeleine with them
On the first view I´ve meant you were refering on GrandDuchess´post on the kings trip to the slippery course.
Here it would have made also sense to take the children with him. Especially Madeleine

Yes, all three "children" in GB on a state visit...that would be great, but it would be very unusual. And prince William also present would be even more unsual.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Yesterday the King had a "day off" from office work and official business and representation - and he made well use of it by going to Säfsen in Dalarna where he spent the whole day testing and driving different cars on a slippery course, trying antispinn other techniques on cars - and also drove a rally car for a while. The visit was strictly inofficial, but one of the people working at the place the King visited said to the press that the King is very people-friendly, nice and humble person, and the visit was a big success.
A slippery course? Sounds dangerous. Well, I´m sure he had a good time then.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
So someone had to tell . hmm sounds as a automobile and speeding fan he had a nice day for grown up boys. Maybe he dislikes just dislikes photgraphers who sit in a hedge, so called hedge hogs. I know several big boys who really would enjoy testing some cars. At that times I think its worth beeing king.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

The King and Queen attending the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Oberstdorf, Germany today (they will leave on Sunday), pics from Fotomarktplatz:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skid WM 25 Feb 2005_1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	98525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skid WM 25 Feb 2005_2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	98526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skid WM 25 Feb 2005_3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	98527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skid WM 25 Feb 2005_4.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	98528  

Name:	Skid WM 25 Feb 2005_5.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	98529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skid WM 25 Feb 2005_6.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	98530  
Old 02-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

OBERSTDORF, GERMANY: Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf (L) and his wife Silvia watch the women's team sprint event at the world nordic ski championships in Oberstdorf 25 February 2005. AFP PHOTO DDP/OLIVER LANG GERMANY OUT (Photo credit should read OLIVER LANG/AFP/Getty Images)

Polfoto 25-02-2005 Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf, left, and Queen Silvia watch the races in the women's 6 x 0.9 km ladies sprint team competition at the Nordic Ski World Championships in Oberstdorf, southern Germany, Friday, Feb. 25, 2005. (AP Photo/Diether Endlicher)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	98651   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	98652   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	98653   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	98654  

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	98655   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	98696   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	98697   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	98698  

Old 02-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Article from DN about the Royal couple in Obersdorf:
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.j...usRenderType=8

Questions to the king:
The king wasn´t too disappointed about the swedish effort
-This was tough (good) like always, but one has hoped for one place better though

The king has missed Tuesday´s sprint, but it wasn´t the rain of medals, which has started (put speed on) the king´s plan to go?
-No, no, this here was planned a long time ago

Sprint and relay race in sprint are quite ok, but 50 miles is the only "distance for kings" (in the sense of "top event")?
-Of course

Are you serious
-Yes. The strongest wins. But as watcher I thought the relay race sprint was quite good.

A german journalist wondered what the king thought about bavarian bread, something that his wife likes very much
-I´m reducing weight. I don´t eat bread. But I like bavarian veal sausages and beer, of course
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dn1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	98851   Click image for larger version

Name:	DN2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	98852  
Old 02-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Courtier

"veal sausages and beer, of course" and a diet lol. I am bavarian this just does not work!
Old 02-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
"veal sausages and beer, of course" and a diet lol. I am bavarian this just does not work!
Thought the same...this must be an own created very excentric diet. When you eat only sausages and drink beer you surely lose weight.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just saw your PM, Lena.. I think your translation is good! Its a weird text even in swedish, but I think one can understand the context now!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The King and Queen attending the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
Hardly a picture I would have expected to see !

A Norwegian flag in front of the Swedish Royals ... where is the good in that?
- hardly favours Sweden!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Skid WM 25 Feb 2005_4.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	98985  
Old 02-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Thought the same...this must be an own created very excentric diet. When you eat only sausages and drink beer you surely lose weight.
Must be the Bavarian version of the Atkins Diet...
Old 02-26-2005, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
I just saw your PM, Lena.. I think your translation is good! Its a weird text even in swedish, but I think one can understand the context now!
Thank you...one question is left: Here are swedish miles meant? So it´s 50 kilometers?

Expressen has today a little bit more details about the slimming king. Erik Lallerstedt, a friend of him and owner of a restaurant has written a book about his own created diet: http://www.adlibris.se/shop/product....WQQLXN12H13MVD
Basic of the diet is to be careful with sugar, bread, butter and cheese and to train daily (would explain the kings ergometer in the cellar). Except that you can eat everything, so you don´t have to avoid delicatessen.
It´s said the king has gotten this book for Christmas (I would kill my family and friends, when they would give me a diet book for Christmas!)

Article in Expressen:
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=247731
Old 02-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, its probably swedish miles, so 10 kilometers = 1 mil(e)

Haha, does the King really need to diet?! I think he is very slim for a, almost, 60 year old man! And is beer and sausages really working
Old 02-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Video-clip about an little interview between queen Silvia and sport reporter Gerd "Rubi" Rubenbauer. It´s in german, so if you want to hear the queen speaking german, I would recommend to watch it.
Silvia said among other things, that she likes cross country skiing, but is really bad in it. Her children, esp. prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine are much better.
Further she said, that she keeps the fingers of her one hand crossed for the swedish team and the ones of the other hand for the german team. Silvia praised the good organisation of this championships. She said, that she and her husband often "bring the sun with them" (Gerd asked her if she has brought the sun with her, because it was the first sunny day) and she said finally, that she hopes for apple strudel for tea time and for bavarian veal sausages for the evening.

http://www.br-online.de/cgi-bin/ravi...nd-silvia_g.rm
Old 02-27-2005, 05:29 AM
Courtier

bäh you eat veal sausages in the morning befor eleven otherwise they are not that good anymore...

Tags
carl gustav, current events, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia