King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 1: November 2002-June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I meant. Yes, like Henrik`s business. That is different. But he could not own the types of companies that you mentioned for sure. But I think it may be hard for him to have stocks in any small company without some controversary.

I think it would be something different if a new to become member would own shares in a small company. E.g. if it was his company, which he founded to live on. If selling/shutting down his/her company would mean that some Swedes would loose their jobs this would not be an easy situation, too.

mixer2002de  Posted: Apr 24th, 2004 - 8:46 am

if he bought a majority of shares of Mr Westlings Gym.
And then using his position as main shareholder to fire him.
And see your investment go down the drain ? :cry:

Originally posted by King Christian@Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:25 pm
And see your investment go down the drain ?  :cry:
Than Daniel would be free to marry Victoria. And of course he would be unemployed, how it should be for a Crown Princesses husband :p

It would be a perfect investment.
1. Daniel would be rid of his gym ==> free to marry Victoria
2. Daniel would be unemployed ==> No way out.

Result : A husband for your daughter. Wouldnt that be a good investment?

B) :lol:

I understand the King has a birthday coming up soon ... Any special birthday plans? Or not as grand as the Queen's big 60th birthday celebrations in December?

Announcement of the engagement of his daughter to Daniel Westling ;)

No, as it isn´t a "special" birthday, he will probably do, what he does every year....waving from the balcony, getting flowers of little kids, and maybe we will see a few family-pictures...

BTW MM in your Avatar looks a lot like Mathilde...maybe it´s even Mathilde...I don´t know (?) :unsure: ...but as you always have MMs as avatar I guess it´s MM. ;)

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 25th, 2004 - 8:33 pm
Announcement of the engagement of his daughter to Daniel Westling ;)

No, as it isn´t a "special" birthday, he will probably do, what he does every year....waving from the balcony, getting flowers of little kids, and maybe we will see a few family-pictures...

BTW MM in your Avatar looks a lot like Mathilde...maybe it´s even Mathilde...I don´t know (?) :unsure: ...but as you always have MMs as avatar I guess it´s MM. ;)
Thanks for the info, Lena. I guess we can expect a big birthday celebration in two year's time? (Or maybe an engagement announcement between CP Victoria and Mr. Daniel Westling ... :innocent: )

@ Lena: My avatar is of Mette-Marit. It's from the Swedish 25th anniversary celebrations. I wish sometimes we could have bigger avatars; the rest of the picture is really pretty. (Maybe I should broaden my horizons and try some other new royal personality?)

Lena  Posted: Apr 25th, 2004 - 7:33 pm

Announcement of the engagement of his daughter to Daniel Westling
that would "blow the socks off" Dennism. ;)

he will probably do, what he does every year....waving from the balcony, getting flowers of little kids, and maybe we will see a few family-pictures...
I wonder
.... waving from the balcony, does he have 10 different waves (so as not to be jaded) and nobody has picked up on that? ;)
.... getting flowers from young sprouts ..... I hope he is too jaded for that. :flower:
.... new family pictures .... posed or au naturel? :innocent:

Phew. Dear me. My heart was beating like I was Ivan Vassilevitch Lomov for a moment there. But I am better now.

Originally posted by Dennism@Apr 26th, 2004 - 1:14 am
Phew. Dear me. My heart was beating like I was Ivan Vassilevitch Lomov for a moment there. But I am better now.
I think if Victoria would marry Daniel would be really nice, because then I could start my Daniel Double business and earn some money :)

I think if Victoria would marry Daniel would be really nice, because then I could start my Daniel Double business and earn some money :) [/b]
Does this mean, that you look like Daniel or that you know some guys, who look like him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean, that you look like Daniel or that you know some guys, who look like him? [/b]
Some people think that I do nearly look like him, especially if i have my hair cut in my "winter style"! At least three Swedes in a Swedish youth hostel in Stockholm thought I would be him.

BtW. I think a new thread would be nice!

Well, good luck, Mixer, on that business idea of yours. :p I was just thinking about how weird it would be to have someone pose as you. I mean if you are a leader of a country. Yeah, sure. It´s to be expected. But it still must feel weird a little bit. O, mon dieu. I can just imagine an advertisement for a double of myself:

Wanted: Dennis, Prince of Sweden lookalike. Must be able to talk about football, world history and television shows in an informative manner. Also must be able to speak several languages and to use languages besides English when writing or speaking and expect everybody to just follow you along. Must be annoyingly able to get people riled up and yet still seek to avoid conflict. Must also be able to bring up the names of obscure literary characters at a moment´s notice to make yourself even more alienated from others. Finally, must be able to allow your better half, the Crown Princess, to take all of the glory and the accolades and to be there to provide comfort and stability to her hectic life. :p

This might be a little rude, ..but I must ask,
what has she done with her face? She must had a new face lift or something... her face looks so...weird!

its a shame, she has such natural beauty. she didn´t needed any plastic surgery.

i think one can discuss it, its pretty common knowledge that silvia had something done to her face which went horribly wrong a couple of years ago in brazil, apparently. after that she went through severl sessions to correct the mess which left her slightly wired looking. yes, its a shame.

King Carl Gustav and his wife Silvia will attend the Jordan Royal Wedding tomorrow?

I admire Queen Sylvia more than Queen Margrethe ... imo, that goes to show what the relevance of hair tinting is.

IMO Queen Silvia is more charming and more beautiful than Queen Margrethe. But Queen Margrethe seems to know it better to "keep" the balance between being a regal Queen (and to give the people, what they expect from a fairy tale Queen) and being an ordinary buddy-like woman (I´m thinking of the photos, which showed her directly after she stood up, waving to the people). And IMO you see/feel a bit that Margrethe is a "born Royal"... commoners try harder.
But both are great ladies-in different ways.

They will arrive tomorrow-which is IMO a bit strange :wacko:

Here we go again. Expressen has found a picture of Carl Gustaf and the sultan of Brunai at the wedding-celebrations of crown prince Hamzah and comments this with the bittersweet/cynical words: King Carl Gustaf met his good friend the sultan of Brunai, whose regime he has recently praised. Now both regents got a new chance to discuss openness and democracy.
picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom