The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The King's condolence telegram to Nancy Reagan:

"It is with great sadness I have received the news that your loving husband has died. I send you my deepest and sincere condolences to you and your family"

King Carl XVI Gustaf

Old 06-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by norwegianne@10th, 2004 - 8:56 pm
Point 2: Doesn't the cabinet have to approve of his state-visits? Or at least suggest places? I'm not sure.
State visits are handled by The Ministry for Foreign Affairs. What His Majesty said about Brunei is nothing more than what he had read in the information on Brunei compiled by The Ministry for Foreign Affairs. So ultimately The Foreign Minister is responsible for the whole affair, but I suppose, that the repbulican government takes a great delight in, that they have put His Majesty in this situation.

Old 06-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Gentry

I know. It's just such an evil thing to do. Such a stupid government!.... And such a sweet royal family...
Old 06-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
State visits are handled by The Ministry for Foreign Affairs. What His Majesty said about Brunei is nothing more than what he had read in the information on Brunei compiled by The Ministry for Foreign Affairs. So ultimately The Foreign Minister is responsible for the whole affair, but I suppose, that the repbulican government takes a great delight in, that they have put His Majesty in this situation. [/b]
So they made fun of him. Nice idea. Maybe someone should take revenge!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Gentry

haha...very good idea
Old 06-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Piss a very important state visit. And make it look like it was the governments fault! Would be just one suggestion!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Laila doesn´t get invited to the Nobel ceremonies in 2004 then! :P
Old 06-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:44 am
Laila doesn´t get invited to the Nobel ceremonies in 2004 then! :P
The King is not responsible for the invitations as far as I know!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Of course. I forgot but I´m sure he could convince the people by reminding them of "Bruneigate" that her invitation is lost in the mail. :P
Old 06-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I’m sure that The King could (if he would want) invite the Chairman of the Nobel Foundation over for a private audience at The Royal Palace of Stockholm, and have a nice private conversation with him about a few things… Including the guest list for this year Nobel Banquet!

The Nobel Foundations always have big problems with the guest lists for each year, since there’s so many people that they could invite (and who wants to be invited), so the last few years they have really prioritised. Not even all the party leaders of the political parties in the Parliament has been invited, something that used to be a tradition before. I’m just glad that my invitation has never been cancelled.

So with this in mind, The King could give him a hint not to invite the Foreign Minister, Laila Freivalds… I’m sure the Chairman would be delighted that The King takes such active part in the planning of the Nobel Banquet… Not the least – he has to listen – what would the Nobel festivities be without our royals?!…
Old 06-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:37 pm

The Nobel Foundations always have big problems with the guest lists for each year, since there’s so many people that they could invite (and who wants to be invited), so the last few years they have really prioritised. Not even all the party leaders of the political parties in the Parliament has been invited, something that used to be a tradition before. I’m just glad that my invitation has never been cancelled.

So with this in mind, The King could give him a hint not to invite the Foreign Minister, Laila Freivalds… I’m sure the Chairman would be delighted that The King takes such active part in the planning of the Nobel Banquet… Not the least – he has to listen – what would the Nobel festivities be without our royals?!…
Youe have got a Nobel invitation? So you belong to the most important Swedes. Wow!

Maybe he should manage that she pisses the King of Brunai. And the King of Brunai should buy ericsson and shut them down as a revenge! :P
Old 06-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jun 9th, 2004 - 10:37 pm
I’m just glad that my invitation has never been cancelled.

You were invited to the Nobel festivities?! Now I´ve to guess that you´re Victoria :P
Old 06-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena+Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:45 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:45 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GrandDuchess@Jun 9th, 2004 - 10:37 pm
I’m just glad that my invitation has never been cancelled.

You were invited to the Nobel festivities?&#33; Now I´ve to guess that you´re Victoria :P [/b][/quote]
Or Madeleine&#33;
Or the Queen&#33;
Or the King (hiding behind a female nick) clever
Or the Prince as clever as his father
Old 06-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jun 9th, 2004 - 5:37 pm

So with this in mind, The King could give him a hint not to invite the Foreign Minister, Laila Freivalds… I’m sure the Chairman would be delighted that The King takes such active part in the planning of the Nobel Banquet… Not the least – he has to listen – what would the Nobel festivities be without our royals?&#33;…
Yes. I know. It would be a very good idea. The King taking such an active role too. I´m sure the chairman would be thrilled indeed. Shock indeed. What would we do without them?
Old 06-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Fun & Interesting Facts from the Royal Court:

* The dinner table in Karl XI’s Gallery is 44,5 metres long

* The carpet in Karl XI’s gallery is kept together with a 47 metres long zipper

* Personnel have to cut 35 kilometres of hedges in the Drottningholm Palace Park twice a year

* The Royal Domestic Households have over 3 000 tables and 9 000 chairs in their collections

* The biggest royal collector of books was Oscar II

* There’s 9 000 pieces in the musical collections in the Bernadotte Library (for ex the handwritten original of Prince Gustav’s graduation song (studensången) and a piece handwritten by Rossini)

* The Bernadotte Library contains 100 000 books

* When the National Library moved out of the Royal Palace of Stockholm, they took 6 000 running metres of books with them

* There’s over 500 000 pictures in the Bernadotte Picture Collection

* The Information & Press Department received 7 055 press clips about the Royal House & the Royal Palaces from Swedish press

* One of the largest parties lately was The King’s 25th jubilee when 2 000 people was invited

* Living lions have lived at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. When the Swedish troops stormed Prague in the end of the 30-year-war in 1648, they took living lions as a trade. They lived in the “lion dungeon” in the southern part of the palace
Old 06-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Majesty

Great facts, Grand Duchess. I am impressed.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Majesty

Great photos from the flower show. Ironic that they had Thai guests there as well. All of those flowers. Neat displays. Silvia and CG certainly looked like they had a good time and it was good to see the king smile.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I too wonder why they had Thai people there. A little explanation could be that Miss Thailand is half Swedish - but it doesn&#39;t explain why she was at the Flower Show...
Old 06-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Pressmeddelande
6 maj 2004

Utrikesdepartementet

Kungaparet på statsbesök till Slovenien

Kung Carl XVI Gustaf och Drottning Silvia avlägger statsbesök i Slovenien den 15-17 juni 2004 på inbjudan av president Janez Drnovsek.

En näringslivsdelegation under ledning av verkställande direktören för Exportrådet, Ulf Dinkelspiel, kommer samtidigt att besöka Slovenien.

Programmet omfattar besök i Ljubljana, Kobarid och Triglav National Park.

PS. I&#39;ll keep an eye out for the programme, I hope it&#39;ll appear on the website&#33; DS.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Majesty

That´s great that they are going to Slovenia. I wish they´d make a stop in Bled. That´s a beautiful place. O, I did not catch that that was Miss Thailand. But it is curious nonetheless.

Tags
carl gustav, current events, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia