King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 2: June 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has seen pictures from visit in Sollentuna yesterday (01.09.04) from the King and the queen? Please help me and give me links to websites. Many thanks for your help!

Here are pictures from Sollentuna:
http://www.sollentuna.se

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo Grand Duchess,
many thanks for the information and pictures from Göteborg.
Did you have seen pictures from yesterday (02.09.04) from visit Queen Silvia in Huddinge (hospitel/Karolinska) and re-opening museum in Stockholm with the king and Event for Gösta Winbergh award? Many thanks for your help.

I have looked around myself, but haven't found anything from the visit to the Karolinska Hospital, the re-opening of Östasiatiska Museet or the Gösta Winbergh Award... I post what I find here on TRL, but so far nothing from these engagements... Maybe there will be something later on.

ursulajohanna said:
Hallo Grand Duchess,
many thanks for the information and pictures from Göteborg.
Did you have seen pictures from yesterday (02.09.04) from visit Queen Silvia in Huddinge (hospitel/Karolinska) and re-opening museum in Stockholm with the king and Event for Gösta Winbergh award? Many thanks for your help.

I hope that Queen Silvia will wear some new hats on her& King Carl Gustav's State Visit to Iceland.

I think it is a new hat. She wear the dress last time with white and dark-blue hats by another events. The hat looks very nice.

Tomorrow the couple will pay their State Visit to Iceland.Hope that will have a lot of beautiful photos.

I agree on that...hopefully Silvia and Victoria will wear new dresses and suits. And it would be nice to see Victoria with one of Silvia´s big tiaras...but I doubt that we will see that. It´s "only" a state visit to a little country.

For those of you who haven't seen my post in the wedding forum, I'll post the wedding menu here too:

Wedding lunch on 19 June 1976
in Vita Havet at the Royal Palace of Stockholm:

Cold Consommé with Iranian Caviar

Salmon Mousse Queen Silvia

Cold Scotish Forest Pigeon with Goose Foie Gras, Chaufroid Gravy and Heart Leaf Sallad

Wild Strawberry from Malaga with Vanilla Ice Cream and Whipped Cream

Croquembouche​

My translation of an article in Expressen today:

The Queen scents success – The King okay
The King scents okay. But Silvia – this almost scents success!
- The ladies scent is surprisingly courageous, says ladies perfume expert Anna Hellsten. Expressen has dipped the nose – in the new royal perfumes.

In October, Oriflame launches two new perfumes with the royal couple as the poster names.
- This is really a further development of the perfume “Solliden”, which has been sold for a long time in the royal gift shops, says Jenny Knutson at Oriflame.

The pre-commercials talks of a “Swedish” scent. But it’s not talk of either falukorv or sill.
- We’ve been trying to use the plants that grow at Solliden – lavender, crushed leaves and different kinds of wood, explains Jenny Knutson.

Anna Hellsten, perfume expert and beauty editor for the magazine “Residence”, likes the ladies scent.
- It’s unusually original to be a new launch. Courageous to put it all on a dominating, sweet and blooming scent, with a lot of rose in it. Surprisingly outmoded, but in a cool way. If I were 20 years older and a royal supporter, this would be my thing.

“Typically heterosexual”
The men’s scent doesn’t get the same warm welcome.
- Blue? Yuck, how typically heterosexual. The scent is pretty okay, but a little soapy and pretty unexciting.

The perfumes will be launched this fall in 55 countries. 15 SEK per bottle will got to World Childhood Organisation, the foundations that was founded by The Queen. And one of the reasons the royal couple supports a commercial product like this.
- The money will go to good causes. And the perfume has been around for a long time, so it’s not really a new product, says Ann-Christina Jernberg at the Royal Court.

Has The King and Queen approved the scents?
- Yes, they have. They have been involved and “sniffed”, and given their approval. They have also lent out their signatures to the perfumes logotype.

No pictures of the royal couple will be used.

Win a bottle!
Expressen gives the readers a chance to win 5 bottles each of the ladies and men’s perfume (1 per winner). If you answer the question “What other product would you like to see with the royal couples name and why?”, and email it to parfym@expressen.se - you’re in the draw.

Thank you for the translation, GrandDuchess.
Has anyone here the intention to buy this perfume?

Hallo friends,
from Marcus-Wallenberg-prize award here you can see information and pictures form the years 2002+2003:
http://www.mwp.org/
By "Prize ceremony" you can see pictures from the last two years (from the king and the queen).

Who has seen pictures from yesterday(30.09.04) award from year 2004?
Many thanks for help.

I dont know if this pic has been posted here before, I thought it was amusing

Attachments

• Gustaf.jpg
    Gustaf.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 396
Thanks for the photos. I like HM's scarf.:)

Yennie said:
haha, my misstake :)
They had two sections at Imagine so I thought you only posted the first one, cause I coldnt find all of the pics here at first...
But hey, good pics like that can never be seen to many times!

Well, I could have had egg on my face because IS sometimes adds photos from the same event the next day or even 2 days later. Yes, good pics indeed.

The King is visiting Kosovo!

From the Swedish Defence's website:
Honorary Guard meets The King at Pristina Airport
The King looks out over Pristina
The King with militaries
Patroll in Gracanica

Den 7 och 8 oktober besöker H. M. Konungen Carl XVI Gustav den svenska kontingenten i Kosovo. Kungen har under två dagar följt verksamheten samt soldater och officerare vid Swecon.

- Det var ärofullt och ett priviligium att få guida kungen. Hans majestät var väldigt tillmötesgående och soldaterna uppskattade hans besök väldigt mycket. Kungen visade stort intresse för kompaniets soldater och de komplexa uppgifter som vi löser i området, säger major Magnus Sjölund, chef för Bravo-company.

Kungen möttes på torsdagen av svensk hedersvakt på Pristina flygplats. Efter välkomstceremonien flög han helikopter till camp Bifrost för att äta ärtsoppelunch med soldaterna.

Eftermiddagen bjöd bland annat på fotpatrull i den kosovoserbiska byn Gracanica. Patrullen avslutades vid byns kloster, som för serber är en av de viktigaste symbolerna i Kosovo.

Kungen gjorde också en rundtur på camp Victoria och mötte de soldater som arbetar där. Kvällen avslutades med högtidlig middag där tvåhundra gäster ur den svenska kontingenten deltog.

På fredagen fick H. M. Konungen en förevisning av hur insats mot folkmassa vid kravaller går till. Han besökte också den arbetsplats där multinationella transportkompaniet, MNTC, ändrar sträckningen av en å. Det är ett projekt som genomförs för att stödja det civila samhället i Kosovo.

Today H.M. The King attended the World Wide Fund for Nature’s Autumn Meeting at Ulriksdal Palace. In connection with the meeting, The King will presented the award “The Panda Book of the Year”. The prize is awarded for the best descriptions of nature in words and pictures that has been published in Sweden.

H.M. The King and the author of the winner of "The Panda Book of the Year"
H.M. The King with the autors of "The Panda Book of the Year" in the childrens and youth category
The King with all the award recipients

Thank you for the pictures, GrandDuchess. In the last picture it looks as if the king and the winner (left to the king) would cry.

There are lots of pictures of The King and Queen in Saint Tropez, France for the Dragon 75th anniversary at Colourpress!

Hallo Grand Duchess,
really nice pictures. But I see only pics from the king by the regatta and not pictures from the queen near the regatta by the another royals. I found only pictures from the queen at meeting on city hall at evening.
Did you see pictures by the regatta from the queen? Many thanks for your help.

GrandDuchess said:
There are lots of pictures of The King and Queen in Saint Tropez, France for the Dragon 75th anniversary at Colourpress!

Saint Tropez, France, 16.10.2004:
On holiday in Sainte-Maxime in their family house, the Swedish royal couple strolling in the streets of Saint Tropez.

d76f5

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,548449,00.html

Drottningens hemliga liv

Aftonbladet har kartlagt Silvias okända vardag

Drottning Silvia toppar listan över populära kvinnor i landet. Men hon är också en av de mest hemlighetsfulla.
Vad gör Silvia när hon inte klipper band, vinkar och går på välgörenhetskalas? Aftonbladets
Daniel Nyhlén har kartlagt Silvias okända liv - med väninnor, skvaller, resor och skönhetsoperationer.

MED VÄNINNAN PÅ RIVIERAN Carola Gottlieb är en av drottningens närmaste väninnor. De lärde känna varandra genom att Carolas dotter Louise blev klasskompis med prinsessan Madeleine. Här semestrar de i franska Sainte-Maxime.
Foto: AFTONBLADET BILD

What is this article about for us non-Swedish speakers? Is the title translated as "The Queen's Secret Life?" And is Aftonbladet credible?

Lyle said:
What is this article about for us non-Swedish speakers? Is the title translated as "The Queen's Secret Life?" And is Aftonbladet credible?
The article is indeed about "The Queen´s secret life"...or that what Aftonbladet thinks it is. So the journalist Daniel Nyhlén tells about the Queen´s friends, the Queen´s favourite restaurants in Stockholm, how Silvia is "seen" of Carl Gustaf´s friends (according to Aftonbladet, they call her "iron lady"), and he tells about her plastic sugeries.
The most things in the article, I would say, are facts, but it doesn´t tell many new things...and if the "quoted sources" have really told the truth can be doubted.

The royalcourt has published today a quite snappish counterstatement on the article:
http://www.royalcourt.se/5.6397ebfe0f667a957fff2894.html

"In Daniel Nyhlén´s article in Aftonbladet 04-10-17 he writes that "the Queen has an split/indecisive attitude towards tabloids" maybe rightfully, when one should/will believe/trust in his different so called sources..."

Did we not just have an article about the Kings secret life? So Im guessing this is part two, and we can be looking forward to Victorias secret life, Madeleines secret life and so on. What Im really looking forward to is Princess Lillians secret life, no that would be intresting.:D

The pressrelease is rude and very unroyal if you ask me, ETWs work I suppose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom