The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 11-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Then something is not adding up. There's a good foot between the two of them in that picture. Maybe Carl Philip is shorter than IMDb is saying. Wouldn't be the first time.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...4ecdf24888d410

I'd say judging by the baseball cap there is about 20 cm (maybe a little less) between them.

Mr. Gustafsson is 1m96 and P.C-P is about 1m80, so that fits perfectly
__________________

  #142  
Old 12-01-2014, 03:06 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
The swedish press has written various information of Carl Philip's height, from 175 cm to 179 cm. The press has also claimed that he uses sometimes special made shoes to get a few centimetres to his height.

Sofia has her 30th birthday on Saturday 6th December.
__________________

  #143  
Old 12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,363
Have there been any announcements of where C-P and Sofia will live after the wedding?
  #144  
Old 12-01-2014, 03:09 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Have there been any announcements of where C-P and Sofia will live after the wedding?
The press has written that they will move to Villa Solbacken, which Carl Philip inherited from prince Bertil. But this information hasn't been confirmed by the court.
  #145  
Old 12-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The swedish press has written various information of Carl Philip's height, from 175 cm to 179 cm. The press has also claimed that he uses sometimes special made shoes to get a few centimetres to his height.
Makes sense at the low end 175 cm - that would be 5'7". There is more than a foot between the two men.

Thank you, Lady Finn.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #146  
Old 12-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
I did not know that he is so short.
  #147  
Old 12-04-2014, 09:41 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
The court has told to Svensk Damtidning that Sofia will celebrate her 30th birthday on Saturday with a private party with people closest to her.
  #148  
Old 12-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Makes sense at the low end 175 cm - that would be 5'7". There is more than a foot between the two men.

Thank you, Lady Finn.
Having seen him in person a few years back, I would say that 5'7" is probably correct. I am 5'8" and with heels I was certainly much taller. Didn't stand next to him, of course, but you could certainly tell he is very short for a man. Nice looking but extremely slight built altogether. Almost "boy-like".
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #149  
Old 12-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I did not know that he is so short.
His father, the King, is also short. It is a family trait.
  #150  
Old 12-04-2014, 11:13 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post

I don't think that PC nor SH would ever personally tell a magazine anything that they did or didn't like regarding an other person, yet I do think that some one in their circle of friends/family would do that for them just to let certain people know that they don't approve of them or that they aren't invited to anything as long as they are around or in charge of something. Women have been know through times in life that they when they are very jealous or insecure and they make sure things go their way or not at all....happens all the time.
I just hope that this up coming marriage does not have any backlash for the future of Victoria and Daniel...they are truly the royal family in Sweden and they are above reproach in anything.
I don't think anyone is above reproach.
__________________
Yes, I said it. No, I won't apologize. Yes, I will say it again.
  #151  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I did not know that he is so short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Having seen him in person a few years back, I would say that 5'7" is probably correct. I am 5'8" and with heels I was certainly much taller. Didn't stand next to him, of course, but you could certainly tell he is very short for a man. Nice looking but extremely slight built altogether. Almost "boy-like".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
His father, the King, is also short. It is a family trait.
IMDb has King Carl Gustav at 5'10½" (1.79 m) - which is 'respectable'. Though definitely not 6' or taller, which is starting to feel like the norm these days.

IMDb has Queen Silvia at 5' 7" (1.7 m) so it's clear that her son inherited her delicate, petite build. At 5'7", though, Carl Philip seems to tower a bit over his fiancé, Sofia Helqvist, who could be - judging by pictures - 5'5" or less.

According to IMDb Victoria is 5' 7¾" (1.72 m). Her husband Daniel is 5'10¾" (1.8 m).

Still using IMDb, Madeleine is 5' 7" (1.7 m). IMDb is silent on her husband Chris' height (he clearly wants no focus on him) but from pictures I would guess he is likely about 5'10" - just like the other males in the family. However, there is a good chance he is taller since in most pictures Madeleine would be wearing heels. Given his build Chris could be approaching 6'. In pictures where Madeleine is wearing flats, Chris is a good half a head taller than Madeleine. He could easily be 6'.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #152  
Old 12-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
IMDb has King Carl Gustav at 5'10½" (1.79 m) - which is 'respectable'. Though definitely not 6' or taller, which is starting to feel like the norm these days.

IMDb has Queen Silvia at 5' 7" (1.7 m) so it's clear that her son inherited her delicate, petite build. At 5'7", though, Carl Philip seems to tower a bit over his fiancé, Sofia Helqvist, who could be - judging by pictures - 5'5" or less.

According to IMDb Victoria is 5' 7¾" (1.72 m). Her husband Daniel is 5'10¾" (1.8 m).

Still using IMDb, Madeleine is 5' 7" (1.7 m). IMDb is silent on her husband Chris' height (he clearly wants no focus on him) but from pictures I would guess he is likely about 5'10" - just like the other males in the family. However, there is a good chance he is taller since in most pictures Madeleine would be wearing heels. Given his build Chris could be approaching 6'. In pictures where Madeleine is wearing flats, Chris is a good half a head taller than Madeleine. He could easily be 6'.
I believe Queen Silvia is shorter than 5' 7''.
  #153  
Old 12-05-2014, 03:41 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
Svensk Damtidning has written numerous times that queen Silvia is 165 cm, and that Sofia Hellqvist is also 165 cm. According to Svensk Damtidning Victoria is 168 cm, Madeleine 170 cm and Daniel 180 cm.
  #154  
Old 12-06-2014, 04:29 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
Svensk Damtidning congratulates Sofia on her 30th birthday with a photo gallery.
Grattis på födelsedagen Sofia! Svensk Damtidning
  #155  
Old 12-10-2014, 10:26 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Carl Philip's surprise at the birthday party
Sofia's secret 30th birthday present

Someone has written as a comment to the article, that Carl Philip gave Sofia a diadem.
Nytt nummer ute nu – Sofias hemliga 30-årspresent | Svensk Damtidning
  #156  
Old 12-11-2014, 07:42 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Carl Philip's surprise at the birthday party
Sofia's secret 30th birthday present

Someone has written as a comment to the article, that Carl Philip gave Sofia a diadem.
Nytt nummer ute nu – Sofias hemliga 30-årspresent | Svensk Damtidning
That was false information at the article comment, Svensk Damtidning doesn't write that Carl Philip gave Sofia a tiara.
The secret birthday present is according to Svensk Damtidning that Villa Solbacken's renovation has started. According to SD Carl Philip has been very involved in planning. The kitchen needs total renovation. SD thinks that Carl Philip and Sofia could seek inspiration from Victoria and Daniel. They managed to renovate Haga to a top modern house and at the same time they preserved the historical inheritance of the Palace.
  #157  
Old 12-13-2014, 02:04 PM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,728
Did CP abd Sofia attend the novels?
  #158  
Old 12-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Did CP abd Sofia attend the novels?
Please translate...
  #159  
Old 12-13-2014, 02:21 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Did CP abd Sofia attend the novels?
If you mean that did Carl Philip and Sofia attend at the Nobel festivities, we have an own thread to that. All the information and photos are there.
The Nobel Prize 2014
  #160  
Old 12-19-2014, 01:43 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,496
Sofia tells at "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family) about her first meeting with the king and queen. It was a lunch where also Madeleine attended and according to information it happened in Solliden. The producer Sara Bull tells about Sofia: "She felt very secure and confident, she gave a warm impression. All of the royal family felt happy and relaxed".
Nu berättar Sofia Hellqvist om första gången hon träffade kungen och Silvia
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia, Part 1: June 2015 - June 2016 Tilia C. Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia 310 06-02-2016 07:05 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit september brunei royal family catherine middleton style christening of prince oscar coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary and womens rights princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania style royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises