The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 10-26-2014, 11:43 AM
MoonShadow123's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ..., United Kingdom
Posts: 281
I seriously doubt Sofia will wear a tiara too any event prior to her wedding day.
__________________

  #122  
Old 10-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 971
Carl Philip Spotting
Instagram
__________________

  #123  
Old 11-18-2014, 12:24 PM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 626
Sofia will join CP and the rest of the royal family at the official dinner on Stockholms castle tonight, according to Margareta Thorngren.
Sofia Hellqvist gör debut på Slottet i kväll | Nyheter | Expressen
  #124  
Old 11-27-2014, 06:15 AM
Baron Brockdorf's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manteleina, Rabat, Malta
Posts: 590
Why is Sofias name now also included on the court calendar?
http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender/hk...d80003401.html
It would be perfectly understandable and obvious if she's already married since she'll be part of the family when that happens, but for now she isn't so it seems really bizarre to me......as far as I remember Daniels, Chris's and Jonas's names weren't added to the calendar during their engagements it was only after their marriage and therefore being part of the family that Chris's and Daniels names were added
  #125  
Old 11-27-2014, 06:41 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,061
With all the special treatment, they should give her a tiara too. Wouldnt be the first occasion a non royal wearing a tiara, I think Maxima wore one too as a fiancee.
  #126  
Old 11-27-2014, 06:57 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,061
Sorry but to me this all sounds outrageously unfair... I agree Duke, I wouldn't be surprised if she even turned up in a tiara... Such a shame
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #127  
Old 11-27-2014, 06:58 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,117
I don't find it that odd that when she attends royal events as a fiancee, this is included on the agenda. But I suppose you can argue if her attendence is needed, before she becomes part of the family after her marriage. But I don't see much harm in it since she is officially engaged. Didn't Jonas also attend Nobel festivities?

Indeed DoM, during her engagement Maxima was included in the Spanish state visit to The Netherlands and wore the aquamarine tiara. At the wedding of Haakon and MM she wore the diamond base of the pearl tiara of Q. Anna Pavlovna.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #128  
Old 11-27-2014, 07:10 AM
Baron Brockdorf's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manteleina, Rabat, Malta
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I don't find it that odd that when she attends royal events as a fiancee, this is included on the agenda. But I suppose you can argue if her attendence is needed, before she becomes part of the family after her marriage. But I don't see much harm in it since she is officially engaged. Didn't Jonas also attend Nobel festivities?

Indeed DoM, during her engagement Maxima was included in the Spanish state visit to The Netherlands and wore the aquamarine tiara. At the wedding of Haakon and MM she wore the diamond base of the pearl tiara of Q. Anna Pavlovna.
Yes he did, my argument is, is her name needed on the calendar page since she's not undertaking any representational duties on behalf of the crown since she is not married yet and therefore not a part of the Royal Family?
When Chris and Daniel were engaged to their now wives their name was not listed on the calendar even for those events which they attended
  #129  
Old 11-27-2014, 08:07 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,061
I just think that when you say 'A' and invite Sofia to family only events that include white tie dress code, you should say 'B' and give her a tiara as well. She looked out of place at the last dinner.
  #130  
Old 11-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,288
I think she will wear tiara only after marriage, in order to avoid any fuss.
  #131  
Old 11-27-2014, 09:57 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,601
Stoppa pressarna claims that just before Leonore's christening Sofia put an ultimatum to Carl Philip: If Emma Pernald comes to the christening, she will not come. So Carl Philip had to ask from Madeleine that she cancelled Emma's invitation, and there were 2 empty seats at the chapel. Stoppa pressarna quotes Hänt i Veckan.
Så har Sofia Hellqvist lyckats röja undan Carl Philips ex Emma Pernald ur sin väg Stoppa Pressarna

Sofia told to Svensk Damtidning while she was at the prize giving with Carl Philip, that it was so exciting to attend at the official dinner. So many fantastic meetings and interesting people.
Sofia and Carl Philip on the cover of Svensk Damtidning
SDT1449_HiResFiles
  #132  
Old 11-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,117
How would that magazine know of an ultimatum? I doubt that CP or Sofia will share such information. Also, I fail to see how CP has much influence over a guestlist that is in all likelyhood composed by his younger sister. It is not abnormal that the contact with ex-partners of siblings will decrease over the years, esp. since Madeleine has been living in the US for a while. Another fable from the Swedish gossip press is the most likely explanation, with the sole purpose of selling magazines.

--
Re: agenda & website ->I suppose one of the duties of the webmasters of the royal website is to provide information about royal events and activities of members of the RF. Since Sofia is engaged and nearly a member of the family and as she is attending an official function, I would find it sloppy in the royal website did not mention it TBH.

I don't think she needs a tiara perse, but a different hairstyle from the Farah Fawcett look that is so popular these days may be enough.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #133  
Old 11-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,434
I don't think its unfair that Sofia gets to do things that Daniel, Jonas and Chris didn't get to do.

As I have said it before....the oldest child (in this case the fiancee) always has to pave the way.And Sofia gets the benefit.

Perhaps the Swedish court after the fact decided that it might have been a good idea if Daniel, Jonas or Chris attended Event X. And if I recall correctly, as the lead up to the Victoria/Daniel wedding....Daniel was NOT out and about right away because of his kidney transplant. So its a bit unfair IMO to use him as a starting point.
__________________
.

  #134  
Old 11-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
How would that magazine know of an ultimatum? I doubt that CP or Sofia will share such information. Also, I fail to see how CP has much influence over a guestlist that is in all likelyhood composed by his younger sister. It is not abnormal that the contact with ex-partners of siblings will decrease over the years, esp. since Madeleine has been living in the US for a while. Another fable from the Swedish gossip press is the most likely explanation, with the sole purpose of selling magazines.
I agree on both counts. Some spinning happening there. Emma being absent likely had more to do with what was happening in her own life than anything to do with Sofia.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #135  
Old 11-28-2014, 01:27 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,601
Emma Pernald has been and is still one of Madeleine's closest friends. Yes, she is Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend but so what? She had every right to attend at the christening, I was totally surprised that she didn't. We don't know what the reason was, maybe the article doesn't have truth at all or maybe it does. There is always people who can leak information to the media, even if Emma, Carl Philip, Sofia or Madeleine didn't.
Maybe Carl Philip and Sofia were engaged already then and Sofia felt that she had the power and right to ask that Emma didn't attend (Emma attended at the wedding of M and C).
A couple of weeks after the christening Madeleine and Chris were out with their friends, Svensk Damtidning wrote about the evening that when Emma arrived, Chris hugged her for a long time, over the years Chris and Emma have become very good friends.
Some photos, not from that party
Chris and Emma
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080...71564391559420
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080...71564391559420
Chris and Emma's husband Tomas Jonson
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080...71564391559420
  #136  
Old 11-28-2014, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013

I don't think that PC nor SH would ever personally tell a magazine anything that they did or didn't like regarding an other person, yet I do think that some one in their circle of friends/family would do that for them just to let certain people know that they don't approve of them or that they aren't invited to anything as long as they are around or in charge of something. Women have been know through times in life that they when they are very jealous or insecure and they make sure things go their way or not at all....happens all the time.
I just hope that this up coming marriage does not have any backlash for the future of Victoria and Daniel...they are truly the royal family in Sweden and they are above reproach in anything.
  #137  
Old 11-28-2014, 10:38 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,601
From the Facebook of MMA Sweden (Mixed martial arts), Carl Philip has met Alexander Gustafsson, Swedish mixed martial artist.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...4ecdf24888d410
  #138  
Old 11-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Emma Pernald has been and is still one of Madeleine's closest friends. Yes, she is Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend but so what? She had every right to attend at the christening, I was totally surprised that she didn't. We don't know what the reason was, maybe the article doesn't have truth at all or maybe it does. There is always people who can leak information to the media, even if Emma, Carl Philip, Sofia or Madeleine didn't.
I don't think Carl Philip can order someone like Madeleine around. Can you imagine the scene if he tried? It's stretching it for me to believe that Sofia would exercise that kind of power over such a situation, or even try to.

Quote:
Maybe Carl Philip and Sofia were engaged already then and Sofia felt that she had the power and right to ask that Emma didn't attend (Emma attended at the wedding of M and C).
In this I agree, imo Carl Philip and Sofia have been engaged for quite some time. She wouldn't have been showing up at royal events if that were not the case. But for Sofia to think that she could dictate to her future sister-in-law regarding something so not her business, I just don't think Sofia is that clueless.

No, I'd say this is a newspaper's petty shot, but likely rooted in some real understanding of the relationship amongst the siblings. Just a hunch.

Quote:
A couple of weeks after the christening Madeleine and Chris were out with their friends, Svensk Damtidning wrote about the evening that when Emma arrived, Chris hugged her for a long time, over the years Chris and Emma have become very good friends.
Some photos, not from that party
Chris and Emma
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Chris and Emma's husband Tomas Jonson
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
I'm guessing you are suggesting consolation? But that could go any number of ways. Maybe something really had been happening for Emma, totally random to anything to do with the christening or Sofia, and she just could not make it. It makes a good story for sure, though.

In the end, Sofia has been very different from all the other romantic connections among the siblings. It was 2011 and they were technically together only 2 years and yet Sofia was attending family gatherings at the palace. There has always been a very strong push from Carl Philip apparently. Maybe it's possible that Emma was forced to not attend because of Sofia making the request, but if so, we can assume the sibling relationships must be chilly. That would be sad seeing as how close (in particular) Carl Philip and Madeleine have been up to the time of Sofia.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
From the Facebook of MMA Sweden (Mixed martial arts), Carl Philip has met Alexander Gustafsson, Swedish mixed martial artist.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...4ecdf24888d410
That fella must tower at 7' because Carl Philip is no shrimp at close to 6' (5'11"), and he does look shrimpy next to that guy.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #139  
Old 11-28-2014, 02:24 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 23,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I don't think Carl Philip can order someone like Madeleine around. Can you imagine the scene if he tried? It's stretching it for me to believe that Sofia would exercise that kind of power over such a situation, or even try to.
The swedish press has claimed over the years that Carl Philip and Emma are still having a good and civil relation, so maybe Carl Philip called Emma and asked her not to attend at the christening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I'm guessing you are suggesting consolation? But that could go any number of ways. Maybe something really had been happening for Emma, totally random to anything to do with the christening or Sofia, and she just could not make it. It makes a good story for sure, though.
No, I didn't thought about consolation, nothing like that ever came to my mind. Svensk Damtidning just pointed out that Chris and Emma are very good friends and Chris hugged her because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
That fella must tower at 7' because Carl Philip is no shrimp at close to 6' (5'11"), and he does look shrimpy next to that guy.
Alexander Gustafsson is 196 cm.

Dresses:
Carl Philip's and Sofia's PR-woman Christina Saliba at the Elle-gala in January 2014
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010...72026411556966
Sofia at the official dinner
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010...72026411556966
  #140  
Old 11-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The swedish press has claimed over the years that Carl Philip and Emma are still having a good and civil relation, so maybe Carl Philip called Emma and asked her not to attend at the christening.
That would be worse imo. If he did he's lost all perspective. Hopefully the whole thing is just smoke-and-mirrors and Emma failed to appear for her own reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
No, I didn't thought about consolation, nothing like that ever came to my mind. Svensk Damtidning just pointed out that Chris and Emma are very good friends and Chris hugged her because of that.
I've seen the pictures of them and agree. Very friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Alexander Gustafsson is 196 cm.
Then something is not adding up. There's a good foot between the two of them in that picture. Maybe Carl Philip is shorter than IMDb is saying. Wouldn't be the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Dresses:
Carl Philip's and Sofia's PR-woman Christina Saliba at the Elle-gala in January 2014
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Sofia at the official dinner
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Interesting! I think Sofia filled out the dress far better. I also think that were her hair, per usual, up and drawn back, she would have knocked it out-of-the-ballpark. As it stands, with the Mary/Catherine flowing locks she looked like she was trying be less 'threatening' (or younger?). (Though that red dress was a statement!)
__________________

__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia, Part 1: June 2015 - June 2016 Tilia C. Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia 310 06-02-2016 06:05 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday child coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge far-right fashion poll infanta elena fashion jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week picture of the week december prince charles prince joachim prince liam prince oscar princess charlene hats princess marie princess marie daytime outfit princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen anne-marie queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen silvia sally bedell smith september 2016 state visit succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara tiaras valentino


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises